PS4-Watch_Dogs

Mad Dog McCree Rides Onto PSN Tuesday

Paul Gold's Avatar + Posted by Paul Gold on Jan 21, 2013 // Supervising Producer, Digital Leisure

Since we released Fast Draw Showdown a while back, classic arcade gamers have been begging us to revamp Mad Dog McCree and launch it on PSN. Well, we’re stoked to announce that ALG classic Mad Dog McCree — in all its FMV glory — will be releasing this Tuesday, January 22nd on PlayStation Store. We’ve completely remastered this shooter from the ground up, so get ready to unholster your PlayStation Move motion controller and take down that ruthless outlaw Mad Dog McCree!

This PS3 release includes a bunch of new features you could never get in the arcades. First off, the original video has been remastered in 720p and a fresh new interface was created to give a true western feel. Fresh difficulty modes will give even the fastest quickdraw a run to take out these vicious outlaws and post high scores to the worldwide Leaderboards.

Mad Dog McCree on PSNMad Dog McCree on PSN

Many gamers have fond memories of playing Mad Dog McCree in their local arcades and pizza shops, trying to show up their friends to see who the fastest gun is. Well, on top of the remastered HD video, leaderboards and Trophies, we’ve added a really fun multiplayer party mode so up to four players can get in to the action at once! Pull together a posse and find out who the best shot in the group really is.

Now many of you reading this are probably thinking “this game looks older than me” – and, well, you’re probably right! Mad Dog McCree essentially gave rise to the modern FPS titles we see today. But you probably won’t find a laugh-out-loud western shooter gaming experience anywhere else. In fact, we’re releasing a fully unlockable trial experience so everyone with a PlayStation Move can give it a shot for free!

Mad Dog McCree on PSNMad Dog McCree on PSN

We love classic games, and we’re very excited to share Mad Dog McCree with you. Whether you fondly remember playing, or are new to the American Laser Games series, go ahead and try out the PlayStation Move version of this arcade classic next week.

Also available on PlayStation Store are a free XMB wallpaper, videos and a bunch of exclusive Mad Dog Avatars. Check out all the goods and download your free trial next week. Relive the gunpowder glory of the Wild West with Mad Dog McCree – it’ll leave your PlayStation Move smokin’!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on January 21st, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

I remember playing this on my SEGA CD, but i don’t own the PS Move unfortunately.

+ BlueRobotX on January 21st, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

I wanted to try this game (demo) but I don’t own a PS Move.

+ The111Company on January 21st, 2013 at 7:19 am said:

Talking about Western games, how about GUN? It’s an very old PS2 classic in my opinion, it’ll be awesome if they got Gun into the PS2 classics.

+ Drunk-ass on January 21st, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

Awesome! Will this work with the Sharpshooter?

+ FORDGIRL1996 on January 21st, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

I used to absolutely LOVE this game for some mindless entertainment. Can’t wait to see the new features and be a faster gunslinger!!!

+ Daz_Genetic on January 21st, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Any hope for Guncon support? I have 2 sitting around gathering dust, and they are so much better for lightgun games than a move controller.

Paul Gold's Avatar

+ Paul Gold on January 21st, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

Mad Dog McCree exclusively uses the PS Move. Sorry, no Guncon support at this time.

+ JetSetFuture on January 21st, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

I’m an FMV junkie. And while these western-themed FMV shooters are nice, I’d much rather have Who Shot Johnny Rock, Crime Patrol, or Space Pirates.

Oh, and please work harder on acquiring the rights to Night Trap. Seriously, you’re one of the few companies that has an interest in old FMV games, and Night Trap deserves an HD re-release.

Paul Gold's Avatar

+ Paul Gold on January 21st, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

Always good to hear from an FMV supporter! We’re working on having the western themed titles out first and then we’d love to release the crime fighting set. As for Night Trap…who knows…it could happen!

+ DuoMaxwell007 on January 21st, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

lol is this that quick draw gun game i used to see in arcades when I was 6 heh

+ poodude on January 21st, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Four players? Move game? Sold!

Any word on pricing?

+ whatisdelicious on January 21st, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Price?

+ Ry-Dog on January 21st, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

since you guys released the Don Bluth games on PSN and this game is coming out this tuesday, is it possible to release Brain Dead 13 on the PSN with trophies and a move guide. You guys released it on the itunes store, so why not release that game on the PSN.

+ Staufway on January 21st, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

Ry-Dog: I second that m’man! Thinking I was the only one who cares and even knows about BRAINDEAD 13, wish they bring that out on PSN or current at least (besides iTunes – Apple products not for me).

+ Logical_Dolphin on January 21st, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Other that what is mentioned, I would like to see a PSN version of Time Traveler. Hopefully you will be able to release it in 3D, like your DVD version.

+ tusunami on January 21st, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

Nice to see the PS Move hasn;t diied off, great to see games coming out for the PS Move.Keep the support coming!!!!!!

+ XFRod on January 21st, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

You want to bring back some FMV games? Bring “Night Trap” to the PSN. I’ve still got the memory of Dana Plato and the rest of the slumber party singing that song scorched on my brain. Oh, and don’t forget the girl playing that sweet air guitar with the tennis racket.

+ Rockman_Zero on January 21st, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

Awesome, so I can heat that old man says “You miss that one, TRY ANOTHER!”, again, and again, and again and…

+ plaztiksyke on January 21st, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

Why isn’t this 1080p native? Is the audio HD quality audio (losslessly compressed and/or 24-bit), at least?

Move support is nice, but hard to get excited about lowest-common denominator assets :(

+ tearsofash on January 21st, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

What!? Is this real life, or is this just fantasy? I loved these sorts of games on my Sega CD/32XCD, CDi, Laseractive, and 3DO. Not my first choice, but anything to support bringing this genre back. This was the exact same sort of thing that ran through my head when you announced the PS Move way back when.

+ samv33 on January 21st, 2013 at 4:14 pm said:

Another FMV fan here that will be picking this up. I hope the American Laser Games intro is still part of it. I loved their logo, with the person whispering, American. Laser. Games.

+ Chuckbait on January 21st, 2013 at 11:25 pm said:

Custom soundtracks?

+ smurfmanx on January 26th, 2013 at 11:20 pm said:

i hope you seriously consider doing “police 911″ for the ps3 move. very awesome game.

+ Thirtyish on February 8th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

I could really go for some RC Pro Am or PaperBoy these days if you’re looking for something to recycle…pretty please?!