PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Plus Updates: 75% Off Many Acclaimed Titles, Free Foosball

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 21, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Announced earlier today, we’re excited to bring you plenty of discounts this week as part of the 13 for ’13 sale starting tomorrow in the PlayStation Store! In addition to the sale, which offers a 75% discount for PlayStation Plus members on all the featured games, we’ve also got an addition to the Instant Game Collection for both PS3 and PS Vita with Foosball 2012. Read on to find out all the details this week for PlayStation Plus members and then let us know what you think with the poll, as well as the comments.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 22nd PlayStation Plus Update

13 for ’13 Sale

75% off Featured PS3 Titles for PS Plus members

We’re not done ringing in the New Year yet! Kick off 2013 with some of the best games available on PSN. PlayStation Plus members get the best deals on these with an astounding 75% off on all the featured titles. Amazing titles like the critically acclaimed The Unfinished Swan, Warp and even the classic Psychonauts will be all on sale. Check out the full list below and get in on the 2013 celebration when these go on sale with tomorrow’s PS Store Update.
Game Normal Price PSN Sale Price Plus Sale Price
LittleBigPlanet Karting $39.99 $19.99 $10.00
The Unfinished Swan $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Ratchet & Clank $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy $7.99 $3.99 $2.00
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection $24.99 $12.49 $6.25
Warp $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Shank 2 $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
NiGHTS into dreams… $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Jet Set Radio $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Psychonauts $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 $39.99 $19.99 $10.00
Machinarium $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Foosball 2012 (PS3 and PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Jump in to this remarkably fun sports title that captures the fun and spirit of Foosball! With fun single player and multiplayer modes and PS Move support, there’s a lot to love with Foosball 2012. If you own both the PS3 and PS Vita, you’ll also appreciate full cross-compatibility between the two platforms. Not only can you play online against people on the other platform, but you’ll also have your saves automatically synchronized between your two PlayStation consoles. Download it free as a PS Plus member with tomorrow’s PS Store update.

escapeVektor (PS Vita)

20% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Get your hands on the fun gameplay of new release PS Vita title escapeVektor. You’ll take control of Vektor, who has been imprisoned inside the CPU and he needs your help to escape. With 150 nodes (levels) and 27 zones (worlds) to escape from, and tons of enemies and obstacles for you to overcome, you’ll find yourself with plenty to keep you gaming. Read more about escapeVektor in the PS Blog’s preview from last week featuring the game’s Creative Director Nic Watt.

What’s your favorite content from this week’s PS Plus update?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Let us know what you think of this week’s update in the comments below, and remember to hit the poll above. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-22-2013

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11 12

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

@DonkeyKongKilla- So u getting anything from 13 for ’13 sale?

+ mnstrings on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

“Nobrainers like u will never understand, dumb***.”

Resorting to offensive insults?

Yeah I’m done here, we can all see who the troll is.

You’re right DKK, I’ll leave this guy arguing with himself and his nonsense. Don’t need to be dragged down to his level.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

I never said it hurt my feelings… ;)

I’m also not arguing for the sake of arguing. I MAKE POINTS. Always have and always will. It would be a waste of time otherwise. And sometimes, it still is. Depends on the person, of course.

sab_krit is clearly one of those with whom it is an absolute waste of time to talk to, that’s why I’m not going to anymore. You, Donkey, are clearly ten times smarter than him, and I’d love to discuss gaming with you, but you have a tendency to get all hot and bothered anytime I make a point that you feel has undermined you. I haven’t tried to disrespect you, just tried to get through to you. If you recall that back and forth we had about resolution and classic games… you took it way too personally. I thought you had let all that stuff go on New Years Eve when we talked about NBA JAM, but a couple days later, you got all pissy again when I made a point about something you didn’t like. It’s just hard to figure you out.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

@sab_krit – Eh, not really interested in the sales, after seeing the house of the dead reviews on it, I might go for it haha. What about you?

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

@DonkeyKongKilla – Nothing for me either, I am inclined towards Ratchet or Jak but its only one title they have sales on. Dont want to get them and wait for sales on other two titles of the trilogy. Will try to get the trilogy on sales from retail stores if any came by.

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

House of the dead is a railshooter, atleast thats what it was when they first came in pc. I am not really into rail shooters ya know.lol, but yeah I loved the house of dead first one. But its been a long time I have played it, that too with mouse and keyboard.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

@PrimeroIncognito – It’s how people act on here. You have the tendency to bash anyone that has a bad review with no actual criticism. Or those with unrealistic desires, but it’s all one’s opinion, nothing more nothing less. One thing they sure to take it as is either a good review for the update or bad. Arguing is a waste of a comment on here and a waste of time. I’d much rather say my opinion and help others. So that I shall do. Anyone criticize my opinion I’m simply shaking it off because it’s my opinion of the update. I in all honesty, just want the constant arguing to stop. If you feel like the review is a bad one, why not instead of starting conflict you simply ask why they think that the update is horrible to being with. If they can’t justify themselves then it’s over right then and there with no need to reply.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

@ sab_krit – Seen that it’s compatible with the sharp shooter controllers too might being interesting. I haven’t played with a toy gun controller sense the super Nintendo duck shooter.

+ DeaderThanDead on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

When are we going to get content as sweet as EU Plus members? We keep getting stiffed. I mean come on they have gotten Arkham City, Red Dead, Guardians of Middle Earth, Mortal Kombat(the new one), Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, and Just Cause 2 to name a few.

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

@DonkeyKongKilla lol u r asking too much from Primero. His main intention to come to plus update page is to troll. You can ask him to stop trolling, but I bet its impossible for him. He will rather accept the truth and troll here than stop trolling.

+ TitleOne on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

@ sab kirt you have some serious issues man.

+ gtdominator5 on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

Great discounts, now how about putting MGS HD collection up there. please, its so awesome.

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

@TitleOne Thank you very much. I appreciate it. :)

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

@gtdominator5 I want them to put Ratchet or Jak HD collection rather than a single title.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

@ sab_krit – I’m just saying, it’s not hard to just be like, first sentence into this I see its going nowhere really. Done. haha

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

@DonkeyKongKilla – Yep, I understand it. I will also do the same from now on. lol.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

“You have the tendency to bash anyone that has a bad review with no actual criticism”

Do you mean their review contains no CONSTRUCTIVE criticism? If so, I agree, and that’s a legitimate thing for me to point out. If you meant that I don’t criticize them constructively, you’re wrong. I may come across harsh at times, but I do that to get the point across better. I ALWAYS make a point, thus it’s always constructive. But I don’t sugar-coat anything. It’s called tough love, homey.

“Anyone criticize my opinion I’m simply shaking it off because it’s my opinion of the update.”

Yeah, your opinion is fine, but why didn’t you express your opinion more respectfully (in the case of RCR, remember)? It was just, “blah blah this sucks” … “this is garbage that isn’t worth 2 dollars and should be a mini”, etc.

“in all honesty, just want the constant arguing to stop”

Me too, but the arguing stems from the trolling. The trolling is what needs to stop. But it never will…

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

@DonkeyKongKilla – WOW! it really is amazing. I just did what u said. Saw the first line of Primero’s comment, going nowhere, BAM! stopped going thru his comment. LMFAO! feels great.

+ BBurhans13 on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Ratchet & Clank is $3.75, and Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is only $2.00!? These are great deals!

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

@BBurhans13 Yep those are great deals. No doubt. But they release them as trilogy for HD collection. If sony says it will give the other two titles on sale I will gladly get these titles.

+ ALIEN-gunner on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

Yay, more games no one wants.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

@PrimeroIncognito – They don’t take it that way, and therefore makes it pointless to make a point. Yeah I remember the RCR and I’m actually reading a book on game designing called the art of game design, and the points he made in it are the same points I made to you about RCR, Also it was my opinion the game was bad, I wasn’t bashing those who thought it was good and saying my points why is was a bad game in my opinion or even a bad update. Give or take I’ve given every game on here a fighting chance and even tried RCR and it met might expectations, terrible experience for me. It does no justice to argue a person’s opinion sense it’s their opinion. Let them have their voice on the blog.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

^^^ See, this is an example of pointless trolling.

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

@ALIEN-gunner no one or just you?

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

Oops, sorry Donkey, You got in there before I did. I was pointing at the guy above you.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

@sab_krit – Simple huh haha.

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

@DonkeyKongKilla – Dude. This is so fu**** amazing. This time I just saw the ‘^^’ in Primero’s comment. Going nowhere. BAM! stopped going further. Feels awesome.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

ALIEN-gunner’s comment serves no point other than to stroke his own ego. See what I mean, Donkey? THAT is the problem. Saying “no one wants” these games. As if he knows everyone. Negative for sake of being negative, and not offering any suggestions. A perfect example of the bash-and-run.

Explain to me, please, how does that help Sony? Does it help the Plus team? Does it give Morgan any feedback to take back to the top?

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

@Primo – I see the point on that, but they come and go simple as that nothing you can do but just let it go. They don’t care to be criticized.

@Sab – HaHa

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

@PrimeroIncognito – You take it too literate, he is over exaggerating he has no desire for the games . That’s how I feel Morgan will take it, as one bad review for a tally mark.

+ GamerTagged111 on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

Sweet

+ mnstrings on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

I’m still a bit new to Plus, but when can we expect the store to go live with the new deals? Is there a set time on Tuesdays?

Sorry if its been pointed out already.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

I don’t know about that. A person’s choice of words can reveal a lot about their intentions…

But it’s just an example anyway. Those types of comments appear here regularly. The pointless bashing. That’s what I’m talking about.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

@mnstrings

Should be soon. Morgan says it’s anytime between 11AM-5PM, PST? I think?

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

@GamerTagged111 Sweet, what?

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

@mnstrings – pretty much what primo said, but it updates with the regular store, are you familiar with that?

@Primo – First time I’ve seen you answering someone’s question. How did that make you feel?

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

@PrimeroIncognito – #485 First time ur comment is of any use. Good job, keep it up.

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

@DonkeyKongKilla LOL! U stole my thought and laid it out politely.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

@Donkey

See, you haven’t been paying attention. I’ve answered A LOT of people’s questions. You must only see what you want to see.

Well, I can’t wait for the update any longer. I have to go out and run some errands. You kids have fun.

+ mnstrings on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

@DKK,

familiar with what? I just know that it updates on Tuesdays, but only recently since I got PS+ have I been excited for new stuff on Tuesdays.

I don’t normally check the store when it updates, usually don’t get home on Tuesdays until 9pm, due to being @ work/school. Because of that I usually end up downloading the stuff either at night or early mornings on Wednesdays.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

@Primo – I haven’t seen once sense and you never pointed that one out when we argued before that you did because that was one of my points of how I try to contribute to the site. And I know how you love to point them out so I fail to believe you on this one. Then again I stopped paying attention on your comments to others before we started hashing it out.

+ DigiOps on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

Bridle some of this hate, folks. If you guys want to trash talk each other, take it somewhere else. Please. For the sake of everyone else reading.

+ ebineesey on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

I’ll take Warp for $2.50 The demo was fun, always thought $9.99 seemed steep for it.

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

@mnstrings
‘I have today off, so just really anticipating the update to play Unfinished Swan asap!’

First do ur english homework. Then come back at 9 to download infinsihed swan.

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

@DigiOps – Y u trash talkin abt the trash talkers ;)

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

@mnstrings – Oh ok I see what you mean, same with me. But yeah I ment familiar with regular store updates. Also Yeah on pacific time around 2-5pm, I live on the east side which is the typical update is between 5-7 for me. Be aware that sense you can get it now because your home for the update, Make sure that it’s fully updated, meaning don’t have auto-funds on and make sure the checkout says $0.00 (free) well that’s if your getting foosball. But it was a glitch from the new store design, I’m not sure if it’s still going around.

+ mnstrings on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

DKK,

yup, I have no billing info saved on there, I use the PSN cards, but still double checked to make sure it wasn’t set to auto-fund anything.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

@mnstrings – good to hear, is your problem solved? about the updates.

+ meromann3 on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Will you ever stop it with the damn sports games?

+ sab_krit on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

@meromann3 U mean Foosball? But you got Darksiders last week for this month, its not a sports game.

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11 12