PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Plus Updates: 75% Off Many Acclaimed Titles, Free Foosball

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 21, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Announced earlier today, we’re excited to bring you plenty of discounts this week as part of the 13 for ’13 sale starting tomorrow in the PlayStation Store! In addition to the sale, which offers a 75% discount for PlayStation Plus members on all the featured games, we’ve also got an addition to the Instant Game Collection for both PS3 and PS Vita with Foosball 2012. Read on to find out all the details this week for PlayStation Plus members and then let us know what you think with the poll, as well as the comments.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 22nd PlayStation Plus Update

13 for ’13 Sale

75% off Featured PS3 Titles for PS Plus members

We’re not done ringing in the New Year yet! Kick off 2013 with some of the best games available on PSN. PlayStation Plus members get the best deals on these with an astounding 75% off on all the featured titles. Amazing titles like the critically acclaimed The Unfinished Swan, Warp and even the classic Psychonauts will be all on sale. Check out the full list below and get in on the 2013 celebration when these go on sale with tomorrow’s PS Store Update.
Game Normal Price PSN Sale Price Plus Sale Price
LittleBigPlanet Karting $39.99 $19.99 $10.00
The Unfinished Swan $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Ratchet & Clank $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy $7.99 $3.99 $2.00
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection $24.99 $12.49 $6.25
Warp $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Shank 2 $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
NiGHTS into dreams… $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Jet Set Radio $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Psychonauts $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 $39.99 $19.99 $10.00
Machinarium $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Foosball 2012 (PS3 and PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Jump in to this remarkably fun sports title that captures the fun and spirit of Foosball! With fun single player and multiplayer modes and PS Move support, there’s a lot to love with Foosball 2012. If you own both the PS3 and PS Vita, you’ll also appreciate full cross-compatibility between the two platforms. Not only can you play online against people on the other platform, but you’ll also have your saves automatically synchronized between your two PlayStation consoles. Download it free as a PS Plus member with tomorrow’s PS Store update.

escapeVektor (PS Vita)

20% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Get your hands on the fun gameplay of new release PS Vita title escapeVektor. You’ll take control of Vektor, who has been imprisoned inside the CPU and he needs your help to escape. With 150 nodes (levels) and 27 zones (worlds) to escape from, and tons of enemies and obstacles for you to overcome, you’ll find yourself with plenty to keep you gaming. Read more about escapeVektor in the PS Blog’s preview from last week featuring the game’s Creative Director Nic Watt.

What’s your favorite content from this week’s PS Plus update?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Let us know what you think of this week’s update in the comments below, and remember to hit the poll above. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-22-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 12

+ DanielSouza- on January 21st, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Aaahrg! I Just bought Ratchet & Clank for $14,99! But Good to see LBP Karting for $10,00

+ Ryumoau on January 21st, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Please go back to monthly update forcast. Its just plain stupid making people wait weekly just to announce free ‘Foosball’ for Vita.
I remember Morgan said you guys plan the plus content weeks in advance, but i find that hard to believe. Theres no other reason not to let us know the monthly layout other than you guys literally deciding the content week by week.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 21st, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

@ Goofus

You always act as if Sony is OBLIGATED to provide day-1 discounts…

It’s a bonus if and when it happens. Try a little gratitude for a change. Appreciate what you do have.

+ ezeka_matthew on January 21st, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Morgan,

First off, the sale looks great and I’ll probably pick up three or four titles. I’m excited about Unfinished Swan.

That being said, I am a little discouraged with the PS Plus offerings on Vita. I’d be happy to have old PSP, PS One, or PS Two classics. I’m sure many of us on the blog feel that the free or discounted games don’t have to necessarily be Vita exclusives. Are you guys considering any of these options so that the Vita is highlighted more in the Plus updates? Would you consider posting a poll asking people what type of content they might desire to see in the Vita updates? Just want to offer you a couple of my suggestions.

Thanks for listening!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 21st, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Honestly, Didn’t get far into darksiders, After the trial I went to download the actual game for plus and for some reason it downloaded the trial again. Not to happy about that. Foosball, Never tried but I loved playing it on the actual table so I’ll like to see what and how they translated this into a virtual game. Voting, Nothing for me next week and keeping it open until I get my hands on this tomorrow.

+ KingGuy420 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

I have a question that hopefully I get a response too..

On the 13 for ’13 announcement it says the sale ends on the 28th, but the store doesn’t update till the 29th, was this just a mistake or does the sale really end Monday?

I really hope to hear it was a mistake cause I’m broke till early on the 29th and I REALLY wanna pick up a few of these games.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 21st, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

We always state that sales end before the store updates on the following day. Since the Store can up update at varying times, we wouldn’t want anyone to assume that the sale ends later in the day on Store update, and be bummed out when they miss it. But yes, if you get the jum on the Store update on the 29th, you may still see the sale in action. Don’t wait any later than 10a PST to be safe.

+ purse317 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Just wondering why one have one game for an entire collection up for sale why not the entire ratchet or jak and daxter collection. Just doesn’t make sense it’s not lik I’m going to turn around and spend $15-$30 total for the other 2 game sin the collection especially I can get the entire collection retail for the same price(s).

+ Satnamji on January 21st, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

My backlog just took a huge hit. lol

Though I’m sure LBPK will make to Plus as a free game eventually, $10 is hard to pass up.

I would gladly buy about half of these games at these prices, but will have to limit myself to LBPK, Unfinished Swan, Machinarium, and Jak & Daxter, which will put me back all of $18.25. Holy moly! Thanks!

+ Ryumoau on January 21st, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

@105 Sony doesn’t understand digital pricing.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 21st, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

@ Donkey

The foosball game is really fun. The online is laggy, but if you play offline multi-player against someone sitting next to you, then you should enjoy it. And it’s Move compatible, so if you have Move it’s even better, I’ve heard it works just like playing a real foosball table, but I only have the Dual Shock. Still fun with the DS anyway.

+ ranma627 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

I think the discount these weak are pretty freaking incredible. I was sad when The Unfnished Swan wasn’t part of the Holiday Essentials sale but very happy to see that on is week’s sale. Probably going to pick up Warp, Jet Set Radio, Jak and Daxter and Psychonauts too. Psychonauts and Jet Set have trophies right?

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 21st, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

@ Goofus

Actually… and amusingly, it’s YOU who doesn’t understand, but there’s no point in me trying to explain it to you.

+ ranma627 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

^^this week^^^

+ yoko379 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

I’ll be completely honest here;

Foosball 2012? Not really for me, but I’ll give it a try anyways. I really hope that is not all we get for Vita’s Plus content this week.

The 13 for 13 sale is marvelous though, and the extra Plus discounts are a welcomed addition, excellent Plus addition in my honest opinion.

As for eskape vektor, I just might check it out with that 20% discount.

Overall, I’d say it was a good update, keep ‘em comin’!

Also if I may add some suggestions, maybe Demon Souls free in a few months? Hopefully this feedback proves to be useful! :)

+ nolo451 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Not that much into foosball, but wow, I see about 4 discounted games I’m going to pick up. Nice sale.

Haha, I see our resident complainers are alive and well.

+ ranma627 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

How can you complain with sales like that?!

+ djsaiyan on January 21st, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

LBP Karting is pretty much the only thing jumping out at me this week.

+ gokugt25 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

i never tried foosball 12 , so im going to give a try , thank you sony!

+ Enigma777 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

I really like that 13 for ’13 logo design. Might I inquire about who made it? It’s definitely going in my clippings folder.

+ lightbr on January 21st, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Seriously

Foosball? Really?
I was wondering what could be worse than retro city ramapge and chronovolt and i wasn´t able to think in anything but PSN was, but is ok this month i wasn´t expecting anything for PSN+ for vita, was going terrible since ever, was only good at launch (very good btw).
About the PS3 games, good discount on LBP karting and excellent game at Darksiders free. I already own Darksiders and LBP Karting is not exact the game i would spend money to play but i can respect the discount for a good game, about the others was a joke for me sorry Sony. Hope you guys make a better month for Vita players someday, is being so bad that i really dont expect anything more from the month update, if something good came will be a really surprise for me and i maybe will have hope again for good games from PSN+ !

+ boomstickbhg on January 21st, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Why are people talking about paypal? I just went to fund my wallet and it only lists Credit Card and PSN card as options.

Is this some secret hidden thing in the new store? Like all the game content/add-ons/etc… that dissapeared when the store switched formats…

+ FORMIK on January 21st, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

These are some great deals! I see a couple games I know I’m getting.
For those unsure about Foosball 2012 – download it! It’s a fun game.

+ ps_n_blog_ac on January 21st, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Mr. Morgan i have a question

will you read @124-26 in the blog that talks about the 13-13 sale it’s pretty important to me (maybe for others too.) and i’ll like it if you would respond to this comment about it please. a least like: i read and i’ll like the team know… or just a ok…

+ loganwolf13 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Those sales are great for playstation plus but other then ratchet and clank I’m not interested ,needs a better selection of games next time. IMO

+ dodgedoors on January 21st, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Sweet sweeit jeebus. This is an amazing week of sales. I beg of you guys more sales like this. I miss These types of sales. Like has been mentioned before I am taking a huge hit to my backlog of games thanks to this sale.

Foosball 12 was actually very addicting and among my rarest trophies I have. One of my proudest 100%.

+ adolson on January 21st, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

What a bunch of whiny, spoiled, entitled brats. I bought Foosball 2012, and would gladly buy it again. With a couple Move controllers, it’s almost as good as the real thing. And if you think it sucks in real life, maybe you should try sucking at it less.

+ Thirty3Three on January 21st, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

Nothing interests me here.

And really?! Foosball?! I’m paying for my subscription for this crap?!

Yeah, I’m not renewing my subscription…

+ aman258 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

The Cave or discounts…… decisions decisions…. satisfied with discounts but foosball? really? might give it a shot but not expecting much.

+ RocketJohnson on January 21st, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

How long are these on sale until?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 21st, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

The 13 for ’13 sale is on for 1 week.

+ purse317 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

Why don’t we have an exact or near exact update time for the store barring some unforeseen event can’t the store be updated on a more reliable time frame.

+ jimboiscool1 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

Getting Jak and Daxter! I was going to get the collection but I can’t find it anywhere.

+ Kchow23 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

Please add the functionality to upgrade a secondary account to a master account! This is crucial for new PS Vita owners as you can’t have two accounts on one Vita. It would be awesome if Plus had some discount for DLC or Season Passes.

+ BurntGoliath on January 21st, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

Yes!! A sale on games I’ve been meaning to get! Warp and Unfinished Swan for me. (Although I’ll be too busy with Ni No Kuni to play them for a while). Unfortunately, picked up Psychonauts a couple of weeks ago… :(

Speaking of “How do you pick PS2 classics?” You should consider Oogie’s Revenge. The Nightmare Before Christmas is a cult classic. Many new fans to TNBC would be happy to get a chance to play, and people that played it on the PS2 would pick it up to play again.

+ Octobong200 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

LBP Karting, Unfinished Swan, and Machinarium! God Bless the Plus!

+ TJF588 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

75% off, buddy! That’s how you do discounts (not counting Sega and Gameloft’s awxome 99¢ deals).

Already have The Unfinished Swan (BTW: get it) and Shank 2 (from…PS+!), but Warp, NiGHTS, and Machinarium are sitting in my cart, willing to sap the rest of my Spend $100 Get $20 store credit. Have Psychonauts on Steam (its best platform), but also considering Jak and Daxter (despite not being bundled) and Jet Set Radio. Not sure about Hot Shots Golf, and may have to look into LBP Karting.

Otherwise, Foosball? Kinda weak replacement for FF TACTICS, but I’m not opposed to it itself. However, this sale’s definitely the high point this week.

@33 sparepart – I agree, keep a PSP game in the Vita rotation. Might I suggest Dead Head Fred?

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 21st, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

@RocketJohnson – Look at the reply from morgan on current comment #104.. Should help I think. Believe from it, it will be ending next week.

+ Revanchist1 on January 21st, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

Just a question Morgan,

Do you know if Playstation Plus could get a sale on the Borderlands 2 Season Pass or any of Borderlands 2 DLC?

+ PainOfSarrow on January 21st, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

cant wait on those sales. good job.

+ MatheusRuggeri on January 21st, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

Only good think this week will be the discounts, but the free game was terrible.

+ zzZeroAgent on January 21st, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

The LBPK deal is amazing, picking it up ASAP. Thank you

+ ringmon on January 21st, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

Please add JOURNEY to this list and i may consider buying some of these games

+ j-scro on January 21st, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

Nice. I’m all over LBP Karting, Unfinished Swan, and Tiger Woods 2013. This is the kind of Plus perk I think about when people rip the service week in and week out because the “free” games aren’t up to snuff. Even when there is a drought of top tier free stuff there is usually a discount available on something else, ensuring there is always something to play.

+ Darth-Krayt on January 21st, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

I never would have bought LBPKarting. I was even considering it with the $20 sale this week at Best Buy but I decided against it. I’m not much of a LBP fan, and I prefer realistic karting (GT5), so it’s not worth $20 to me. But for $10, that’s cheap enough for the racing fan in me to make an impulse buy on a racing game I may not like…..something I NEVER do anyway. I never gamble on racing games. But $10 for a Play Create Share racing game is worth the gamble. I won’t be lacking for tracks, that’s for sure……I hope people have created some good real life track recreations.

For $3.75 The Unfinished Swan is amazing. Another game I was sketchy on gambling on for $15, so I was waiting for a discount to like $10…..I wasn’t expecting $3.75 lol

+ Scorpion_73 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

I just Bought LBP Karting and wanted to play it Bad but we took the game back and now im glad i did now i can get it for $10 . Thank You Quillty Conchess

+ boomstickbhg on January 21st, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

Almost forgot about this weeks IGC game.

Foosball’s not something I would have thought of on my own, and I’m usually hoping for a decent full PS3 game, but this game looks like it could be fun.

Getting it for both PS3 and Vita is nice as well.

Good choice for a PSN IGC game.

+ TruSolja on January 21st, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

I am hoping upon hope that Sony strikes a deal with Microprose/2K and brings the original X-Com PS1/PSX game over as a PS Classic. I was hoping that it came out with the re-make, but I will still be happy if it comes out with the upcoming, genre-splitting first person shooter.

+ sanchez_gerard on January 21st, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

Fussball?! I just payed my 2nd year membership for that, I just hope we get better games next time, I think I´ll only buy House Of The Dead I need to put my move controller to some use

+ vanwinkle on January 21st, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Okay, Sony, we get it. YOU HATE THE VITA. You don’t have to keep rubbing it in our faces every week with the PS Plus post.

+ sab_krit on January 21st, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

@vanwinkle YAY! Sony hates Vita!?!

+ SoulSlayer79 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:16 pm said: