PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus Updates: 75% Off Many Acclaimed Titles, Free Foosball

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 21, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Announced earlier today, we’re excited to bring you plenty of discounts this week as part of the 13 for ’13 sale starting tomorrow in the PlayStation Store! In addition to the sale, which offers a 75% discount for PlayStation Plus members on all the featured games, we’ve also got an addition to the Instant Game Collection for both PS3 and PS Vita with Foosball 2012. Read on to find out all the details this week for PlayStation Plus members and then let us know what you think with the poll, as well as the comments.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 22nd PlayStation Plus Update

13 for ’13 Sale

75% off Featured PS3 Titles for PS Plus members

We’re not done ringing in the New Year yet! Kick off 2013 with some of the best games available on PSN. PlayStation Plus members get the best deals on these with an astounding 75% off on all the featured titles. Amazing titles like the critically acclaimed The Unfinished Swan, Warp and even the classic Psychonauts will be all on sale. Check out the full list below and get in on the 2013 celebration when these go on sale with tomorrow’s PS Store Update.
Game Normal Price PSN Sale Price Plus Sale Price
LittleBigPlanet Karting $39.99 $19.99 $10.00
The Unfinished Swan $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Ratchet & Clank $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy $7.99 $3.99 $2.00
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection $24.99 $12.49 $6.25
Warp $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Shank 2 $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
NiGHTS into dreams… $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Jet Set Radio $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Psychonauts $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 $39.99 $19.99 $10.00
Machinarium $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Foosball 2012 (PS3 and PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Jump in to this remarkably fun sports title that captures the fun and spirit of Foosball! With fun single player and multiplayer modes and PS Move support, there’s a lot to love with Foosball 2012. If you own both the PS3 and PS Vita, you’ll also appreciate full cross-compatibility between the two platforms. Not only can you play online against people on the other platform, but you’ll also have your saves automatically synchronized between your two PlayStation consoles. Download it free as a PS Plus member with tomorrow’s PS Store update.

escapeVektor (PS Vita)

20% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Get your hands on the fun gameplay of new release PS Vita title escapeVektor. You’ll take control of Vektor, who has been imprisoned inside the CPU and he needs your help to escape. With 150 nodes (levels) and 27 zones (worlds) to escape from, and tons of enemies and obstacles for you to overcome, you’ll find yourself with plenty to keep you gaming. Read more about escapeVektor in the PS Blog’s preview from last week featuring the game’s Creative Director Nic Watt.

What’s your favorite content from this week’s PS Plus update?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Let us know what you think of this week’s update in the comments below, and remember to hit the poll above. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-22-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 12

+ quesobros on January 21st, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

Woah, I could buy like a million good games for like 20 bucks! Thanks!

+ USRevenge2 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

awe man just yesterday I got LBP karting for $20 at best buy, might have to buy 1 of the games that are on sale but idk if i’l end up doing it…

really Foosball? oh well, for those that don’t know dust 514 open beta starts january 22nd 2013, I think it should go on something, even if its free for everyone.

+ mnstrings on January 21st, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

“Nope, not going to cut it. We DEMAND ALL FREE GAMES, our else us complainers will say we will not renew (even though we all know that is such a lie) Even though the cost of PS+ is more than worth it from all the discounts we get and those great games we got at launch, nope we still demand EVERYTHING for free.

Nothing short of all games being free every Tuesday, just won’t cut it.”

Haha, such ridiculous expectations from some of you on here, that’s really what it sounds like when I read your dumb requests.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Those are some really awesome sale prices. Wish I hadn’t already bought the good ones from that list at full price on day-one.

+ armeliman on January 21st, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

Damn! All those games at discounted prices. Definetely gonna get me some of them. Only ones I have are Shank 2 (plus) and JSR (Day 1 purchase) so I am looking to expand my ever growing game collection this week. It’s a shame my plus sub is expiring in Feb. but you can bet I will be renewing it!

+ gatsbygal on January 21st, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

Definitely going to pick up Unfinished Swan! I already have Psychonauts on Steam and for PS2, but to be able to play it on the PS3 for $2.50, I guess I’ll be getting a third copy!

+ rodrigoplaystate on January 21st, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

morgan haro
I liked the update of this week but ps+ team must try to put disconts and free games 2 in 2 weeks to ps vita
you guys could try to put games like shinobido, AC3:Liberation, Unit 13, Mortal Kombat and other that would make vita´s public very happy.
thank´s for reading

+ sab_krit on January 21st, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

@mnstrings so U didnt like the updates, u just like to complain abt the complainers!

+ Superstone on January 21st, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

I love discounts. This is why got PS+. Keep them coming!!

+ AKAKAIZER on January 21st, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Hi @Morgan, i just wanted to tell you that this update revived my faith in Plus updates, cuz this is the best for a while.
Unfinished Swan is a must buy, mostly thinking about Jak & Dexter and Hot shots, but i have a question :
I Download Shank 2 for free in Plus , but now i want to buy it so i can keep it.
How can i do that ??

+ VegaC18 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

I see 3 games that I’m getting tomorrow…House of The Dead is one of them ^,^/

+ race2winnet on January 21st, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

The deals are amazing! Although the Unfinished Swan is the only one that I am interested in or don’t already own. As far as Foosball… well, let’s just say that every week can’t be like last week where we got an awesome game in Darksiders!

Although, I am feeling quite sorry for those who have Plus only for the Vita. When the first IGC was announced, I told everyone about the awesome lineup and talked quite a few Vita-only owners into joining. Everyone was happy with the first month of Plus for Vita. Only now they continually rub it into my face at what they have gotten since… Retro City Rampage? Chronovolt? And now Foosball? Then the fact that they only get one update a month doesn’t make them any happier. Please, show these Vita-only Plus members some love, they are paying the same price as we do but are getting far, far less in return. All of them have told me that they will not be renewing. It would be so easy to toss them a few bones every update with the likes of a PSP game, a PS1 Classic or a mini, just something to keep them coming back… and off my back! If only I could’ve kept my big mouth shut!

+ sab_krit on January 21st, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

@AKAKAIZER You can still keep it by renewing the plus subscription. Are you planning to stop your subscription?

+ sab_krit on January 21st, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

@race2winnet What kinda games u want for Vita only members?

+ TaLTaL55 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

The polls are just for show right I mean… Fossball? really?

Well, at least 2% of plus members are happy with the free game. :P

+ acousticghelo on January 21st, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

nice discounts! i really love you ps+!

but i hope vita games will have big discount soon..

+ frpodo on January 21st, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

WOW, fosball for free and LBP kart for $10

Thats a HUGE UPDATE THANK YOU!

+ KazeEternal on January 21st, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

@Morgan Haro
Don’t suppose sony could allow us to that emulator for our discs.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 21st, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

You almost have the idea. You already have what we use for the emulator, it’s the PS3. The PS3 hardware is providing the platform for those PS2 games to run on. Which means each PS2 Classic needs to be reviewed and tinkered with to ensure it’ll run on the PS3 without any bugs.

+ purse317 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

Just thinking looking at the $190 I’m gonna drop in the store next week their should be a perk or some type of system tracking my spending a rewards program of sort. Nothing major for rewards maybe themes or avatars but something to make me go digital instead of retail.

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on January 21st, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

table top soccer., really?
always next week.

+ spyderock on January 21st, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

While I didn’t see anything for me this week or last, I still look forward to the updates but I wonder will we ever see any free HD movies or shows added for us or some extra large discounts on them?

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 21st, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

@AKAKAIZER – Here’s two possible solutions.

1. Keep Plus

2. Make a second account if you don’t already have one and just put in your information and buy it on that account and get rid of the plus version.

+ labam88 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

The 13 for ’13 sale is awesome! Can’t wait to pick up LBP Karting tomorrow.

I’m really disappointed by the Vita content this week though. I recently got a Vita and am loving it so I’m looking forward to seeing some good freebies/discounts for it. Foosball and 20% discount off Escape Vector isn’t much to be excited about. Hopefully we’ll see some deep discounts for Vita soon like we’re seeing for PS3 this week.

+ BlaqMagiq24 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Full games for 2.50? Awesome. May finally check out Jet Set Radio and Psychonauts

+ tusunami on January 21st, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

I for 1 am glad to see the deals for games, people are always gonna whine. Can’t make everyone happy unfortunately,And for those whinning they didn’t even 100% the games that they even own.

+ JotaEseTheGeek on January 21st, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

Morgan-quick question…The LBPK-do we get the double pack (Vita & PS3) for $10?

+ mnstrings on January 21st, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

Well, you got me Sony, I’ll be spending some of my $$$$ tomorrow, I can’t say no to so many discounted games. :) Guess I’ll cut back on Starbucks this week :P

@sab_krit, go complain some more, I’d love to hear why PS+ sucks this week according to you. Just don’t threaten to not renew, ANYTHING but that, PLEASE!

+ Daverost on January 21st, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

Can’t say I care for Foosball. The escapeVektor discount is nice, though.

+ vanwinkle on January 21st, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Morgan, please talk to us Vita owners. We have gotten three games in the past two months and it’s been a mediocre one every time, two of which PS3 owners were getting too! The only one that was Vita exclusive was HORRIBLE, and one of the worst rated games on the platform. I would be FURIOUS if I only had a Vita and subscribed to Plus after that awesome first month.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 21st, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

We’re closely looking at Plus on PS Vita and have been moving forward with about 2 games every month for PS Vita Plus members. The initial Instant Game Collection unveil is definitely meant to be big, just like it was for PS3. From there, we go on a regular update schedule to rotate in new games.

However, I’ll pass along your feedback all the same. But I don’t agree with you that providing Cross Play games is a bad idea.

+ vanwinkle on January 21st, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

@JotaEseTheGeek – LBPK is not on Vita; what made you think that?

+ jayrabbit on January 21st, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Considering this is the 13 for 2013, shouldnt the sale go all year :P

But on a serous note why are non-plus members getting a sale price on it, and shouldnt we be getting 75% off the psn price not the normal price?

+ eljuamposo94 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

foosball? nah!! LBP karting… $10? im in!

+ Ryumoau on January 21st, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

@177 agreed, though not sure why people would get a Vita only and not a PS3 as well.

+ nycredude on January 21st, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

PSN is really starting to resemble Steam these day with sales like these. I don’t use the other console service so I am not sure. Does Xbox Licve or Nintendo store do this?

If the PS4 is somehow fully BC and access all this content including new ones then its instant win!

+ TheSporkWithin on January 21st, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

I would prefer a regular PSP and/or PSOne Classic in the IGC, so I’m a bit disappointed by Foosball. The sale prices are phenomenal though, and the selection is pretty decent.

+ sab_krit on January 21st, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

@tusunami “,And for those whinning they didn’t even 100% the games that they even own”

Why will u say something like this when u urself hvnt 100%’ed even half of the games u played or even platinumed half of the games u played?

+ bucs205 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

if i buy tiger woods i assume that comes with the online pass????? if you reply with a yes i will buy this

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 21st, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

tusunami: “for those whinning they didn’t even 100% the games that they even own”

Dude, they didn’t even 10% the games they own. Sometimes not even 5%. Hee hee…

But for some reason they want more. More of WHAT, is what I’m wondering. They clearly don’t even enjoy gaming. I have no clue why they’re here.

+ ElroyMckracken on January 21st, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

I’ve been a plus member for quite some time now. I remember the anonymous hack-fest incident. I remember Sony’s response. For the most part, they’ve kept their word to a large majority of their users.

Free content, discount prices, updates weekly.

Now, to gauge the quality of the content that typically gets released here in the US against the content the rest of the world gets will only lead you to believe that you have been let down, because when viewed comparatively the content that the US users get is sub-par in every aspect over the last 6 months.
This is not to say that Sony is not keeping it’s word to it’s US users; we still get free content, discount prices and a weekly updated store. I just wish I could get those updates and discounted items in paper form, to save money on TP.

+ vanwinkle on January 21st, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

@Morgan, I don’t think cross-buy games are a bad idea, just that it’s lessening the effect that Vita gets enough content, since the main thing this weeks is the incredible sale, ALL of which is on PS3, and it’s like we get the little tiny foosball game. But PS3 owners are getting that too, so not only do they get the enormous sale, but the free game too.

If THIS is the update schedule (and there probably won’t be another Vita game for at least a couple of weeks if past experience is anything to go by, meaning 3 games over the course of three months), then Vita owners are getting shafted immensely. Why does Plus for Vita, for people who only have that system, cost the same amount as people on PS3 are paying? You had a great first week, but we aren’t interested in those titles anymore; we already got them, so it’s not remotely a selling point to us now. All we see NOW is far less games and far less discounts.

+ sab_krit on January 21st, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

@mnstrings “go complain some more, I’d love to hear why PS+ sucks this week according to you. Just don’t threaten to not renew, ANYTHING but that, PLEASE!”

When have I ever threatned I will not review? And Y you want me to complain this week? when obviously I am not complaining cuz this moth NA plus is better than EU plus so no complains. This particular week I have nothing to say discounts are good, but I would hv gone for R&C or JAK as a trilogy pack cuz if I buy it now I dont get the other two games seperately anywhere else until its for download in psn and cant say it will be asgood a deal as this one.

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 21st, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

@sab_krit

Dude, he has more platinums than you. Are you blind?

+ vanwinkle on January 21st, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

“And a note to Vita users: No one cares. Stop crying about exclusive content and be thankful you get free toilet paper, too.”

@ElroyMCkracken, you must be from Sony PR? That seems to be their official statement on the matter.

+ sab_krit on January 21st, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

@Primero #186 Yo old man. Look at ur stats before saying ‘Dude, they didn’t even 10% the games they own. Sometimes not even 5%. Hee hee…’

You hvn’t even have 50% of the games u played to be 100%.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on January 21st, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

Steam like sales. Thanks. I’ll get on some of those for sure.

+ dantevonkratos on January 21st, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

I hate sports games period. They are boring and repetitive. You can try to make it modern but they still suck. I paid for Plus on my vita and we don’t get anything good since release……please no more sports. Foosball, really? I already don’t like what I’m hearing about the PS4. Are you aiming to disappoint?

+ sab_krit on January 21st, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

@Primero

‘Dude, he has more platinums than you. Are you blind?’

I have taste dude. I have platinumed 75% of the games I have played. He doesnt even have 50% platinumed. I dont want to play terminator salvation or hanna montana to show platinum’s.

+ sab_krit on January 21st, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

@Primero

Also name one game which I have less than 75% trophies earned.

+ DoktaC4ibby on January 21st, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

Oh great, Another sale to torture me. The only store that sells PSN cards is 26 miles away from me. And I also don’t own a Vita. My faith in PS+ has been taking a nosedive since November 2012. I’ve only gotten 2 good games out of the past 3 months, Want to make me lose my mind?

Make these free:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Assassin’s Creed 2

Crash Bandicoot

Twisted Metal 2

Killzone 2

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Final Fantasy 7.

PlayStation Plus better not disappoint me next month which is my BIRTHDAY MONTH for crying out loud!

+ GT-420 on January 21st, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

Nice sale, much better selection of games and better savings than many of the last several sales, I’m actually gonna buy something, just not exactly sure yet which something or two.

Foosball? Um…ok, I’ll try it with an open mind, always curious about Move enabled games.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 12