PS4 - Destiny

PS Vita Reels in Let’s Fish! Hooked on January 29th

Sean Walsh's Avatar + Posted by Sean Walsh on Jan 21, 2013 // Product Manager, Wired Productions

LF_Logo_Characters_black

Anticipation is a great thing, and through design or necessity, we’ve kept you all on tenterhooks regarding the release date of the PS Vita’s first full-scale fishing game. And so it is with a great sense of relief, and excitement, that we are finally able to announce today that Let’s Fish! Hooked On will be making a splash on PSN, for PS Vita, on February 5th January 29th.

Combining realistic fishing action with fast arcade style game play using the PS Vita touchscreen, Let’s Fish! Hooked On comes with a full story mode and aims to make fishing fun for everyone. Choosing between four different anime-styled characters, each with their own story line and unique abilities, players are challenged to improve their skills by competing in a host of progressively difficult tournaments in their bid to win the World Tour.

RodAction2ScreenCutscene8

The game, which has been developed by the team behind SEGA Bass Fishing and Ape Escape (PSP), is split into four different game modes, World Tour, with its character-driven story line; Challenge, for quick short-bursts of fishing action; Training, to help develop your skills; and Underwater Mode, which lets you view your prized catches. All modes are designed to make use of PS Vita‘s fantastic features. There are also online rankings and Trophies to collect, including the prestigious Platinum Trophy.

PSVita_RecordSize_500

We hope you’ll enjoy this fun, quirky PS Vita game and are all set to tackle Let’s Fish! Hooked On when it launches on PSN for $19.99.

Follow us on Facebook and on Twitter for all the latest game announcements, competitions and videos. Thanks for your support!

PAGE 1 2

+ ma_youth on January 21st, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

asia…

+ iriihutoR84 on January 21st, 2013 at 6:14 am said:

Nice! That’s the price point I was hoping for so I’m definitely picking it up! Any word on the file size? Might need to clear some space on the memory card.

Sean Walsh's Avatar

+ Sean Walsh on January 21st, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Great, file size is approx 1.4 Gbyte.

+ BANDICOOTKING on January 21st, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

Who actually buys these games?

+ Ryumoau on January 21st, 2013 at 7:00 am said:

sorry not spending that much on a fishing game.

+ remanutd5 on January 21st, 2013 at 7:04 am said:

where is Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault vita version?

+ CMaverick444 on January 21st, 2013 at 7:07 am said:

This is one that I was looking forward to. Should be better than Resistance and CoD! I am just bummed that Europe gets this on the 30th of January. This is the price point that EDF should have been placed at.

Sean Walsh's Avatar

+ Sean Walsh on January 22nd, 2013 at 4:10 am said:

US release date is 29th January – we managed to bring it forward :)

+ KazeEternal on January 21st, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

*goes back to waiting for Full Frontal Assault, Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Mercenary and the wall of no games on the horizon beyond them*

+ k0wb0y-b33b0p on January 21st, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

So essentially this is an updated SEGA Bass Fishing for the Vita with a platinum thrown in?

SOLD.

+ HanGlacy on January 21st, 2013 at 7:19 am said:

another b.shet update!!! were is the R&C: FF for psvita? they said this January??/ lolz sony… way to go!!!!

+ Rainwater on January 21st, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

@3 me maybe. I’ve had a lot of fun with Sierra Online PC fishing games in the past. There’s a place for relaxing, low stress games in my life.

+ BWOzar on January 21st, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

“where is Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault vita version?”

According to numerous media reports, it’s due January 29 alongside a major patch for the game.

+ remanutd5 on January 21st, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

at 11 i know but we havent even seen the game running on the vita, where is our demo? or just the ps3 version get that treatment?

+ JamesBlonde777 on January 21st, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

wow, just the game everyone was hoping for… #sarcasm.

+ MrBendel on January 21st, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

I think this game looks like fun!

+ komentra on January 21st, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

What? It’s not even April fool’s yet.

+ LABARONX on January 21st, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

looks like a fun title

take what was great about sega bass fishing and add hot shots vita elements sounds like a great idea….

serious question

is this the first time some of you vita owners brought a console within it’s first year??? i only ask because other than the ps2 every console i’ve brought at launch had a 1.5 year drought the first year…

as a fellow vita owner i share your concern…. but im also reminded of the ps3s first year and a half…. and think the vitas have been much better…..

sly 4 ng sigma 2 in feb, mlb 13 and doa 5+ in march plus psn titles

+ Snookies1 on January 21st, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

All these people who are bashing this game… Don’t like it, don’t click on the article. I’m a hardcore gamer, have been since the early Nintendo days. Yet there is ALWAYS a place for low key games like this. I’m buying it for sure, looks like it’ll be quite a fun game. It was a full retail release in Japan selling for about double this price.

+ LABARONX on January 21st, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

oh and just to be clear…. i’m not calling anybody out…..

im just thinking i purchased 6 vita games last year and am looking at another 7-8 this year bringing my 2 year total of vita games to 13-14

vs
ps2 2 year total of 9
ps3 2 year total of 7
xb- 2 year 0f 5
nw 2 year of 3

+ jimmyfoxhound on January 21st, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Gosh why do people have to rip on games like this… makes me sad, these kind of off the mainstream trail games were what made the old PS2 and some PSP games so wonderful. Mr. Mosquito, Robot Alchemic Drive, Firefighter FD 18, Pangya Fantasy Golf (PSP game), Magic Pengel. I’ll def be picking this up! :)

+ RidleysBox on January 21st, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

I really want to give yo my money for this game, but there is not physical release =(

Not everyone can buy from the PSN store you know.

+ Daverost on January 21st, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

You had me at $19.99.

I was going to buy day 1 for sure anyway, but that price point really instills a lot of faith in you guys. I’m happy you’re not out to gouge your customers on digital releases like certain other publishers I could name.

+ poodude on January 21st, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Wow, that’s a great price. The game was already on my radar, but I’m definitely picking it up now!

+ JKar275 on January 21st, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

It’s exactly these types of games that make me sorry that I own a PS Vita. I was hoping for more sci-fi shooters and Western-developed RPGs.

+ Artemisthemp on January 21st, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

I am kinda confused, since this games facebook say: January 29, 2013 for US

Sean Walsh's Avatar

+ Sean Walsh on January 22nd, 2013 at 4:15 am said:

The US release date will be 29th January, the blog has been updated. We were able to bring it forward a week.

+ juujigai on January 21st, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

I don’t normally play fishing games and I’m not huge on moe, but I AM a big advocate of giving new and unique and artistic things a shot. I’m going to practice what I preach and slide an Andrew Jackson your way next week :D

+ Kazriko on January 21st, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

You know, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Hotshots Golf on the Vita. I may well give this one a try too. The last fishing game I really played was Legend of the River King for the GBC, though many other games have had interesting fishing minigames in them.

+ saintaqua on January 21st, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Thanks for bringing it over. But I’ll wait for a plus sale. I can’t see myself paying more than 5-10 dollars for something like this.

+ jgrizzle358 on January 21st, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

wow, talk about rude… if you don’t like it don’t comment. Move on to the next piece of news that you DO care about. Saying stupid things like “no this dumb, I’m ashamed to have a Vita, I’m not paying that much for a fishing game” is counter productive.

Only the people that acre about these things and have nice things to say are the ones that should be commenting on them.

+ saintaqua on January 21st, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

Also, I agree with Labaronx.
I have bought so many titles for my Vita in the first year compared to any of my other systems…
But I am greedy and want more!

+ stinkaypewps on January 21st, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

will there be a retail release at all? or psn only?

+ PrimeroIncognito on January 21st, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

@ jgrizzle358

That would be too smart and proper for this crowd.

The whiners have to let us know how cool they think they are. I guess they think they could do better… yet they never do. That’s the funniest part.

+ tusunami on January 21st, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

Now this is a unique title for PS Vita, & people complain on forums about a price cut needs to happen & where are the games for PS Vita. I see them why doesn’t everyone else? Oh I get it to lazy to read lol.

+ dallow on January 21st, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Sad about PSN only but I understand. Buying this day 1, good price.

+ darkrchaos on January 21st, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

No retail… I was really hoping it would be retail so I could get it for my brother as a gift.

+ nolo451 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

Ryuomau,

Why must you always troll? Ok, its not for you, but for plenty of people its worth it.

I seriously think you may have autism or something, it looks like you have no concept of others on here besides yourself. Not making fun of you if you do have it, I have a cousin who has it and you pretty much act spot on from the stuff you post on here. You think anyone cares that you do not think its worth it?

+ pOcHo_OX on January 21st, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

I will buy it for sure, it look like worth it.

But I hope you bring us games like : “Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland” and I’ll appreciate something like “Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]“

+ Incagneto on January 21st, 2013 at 2:58 pm said:

Yay I been waiting for this game. So Happy it is coming. I thank you for bringing this game over.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 21st, 2013 at 4:07 pm said:

It’s cool to see games of all types of genres come to the vita. This looks like it has a Hot Shots kind of vibe that I think I may enjoy. However any plans for a demo?

I think it’s because some of these close minded people (like some above) why developers don’t often bring more unique titles here to the U.S. It’s a shame really…

Sean Walsh's Avatar

+ Sean Walsh on January 22nd, 2013 at 4:18 am said:

Hi, no plans for a demo at this stage, the game is out on 29th January.

+ GHOZTPRIME on January 21st, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

looks like crap!

+ regalshocker on January 21st, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

Is there going to be a physical version of this game? I prefer physical copies to downloads.

Sean Walsh's Avatar

+ Sean Walsh on January 22nd, 2013 at 5:21 am said:

No physical version at the moment.

The game will be available to download via the PlayStation®Network.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 21st, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

*looks at GHOZTPRIME* Wow exactly what I’m talking about

+ Naozumi on January 21st, 2013 at 4:54 pm said:

Does this have Japanese voice acting, or is it dub only?

Sean Walsh's Avatar

+ Sean Walsh on January 22nd, 2013 at 5:22 am said:

English VO.

+ nolo451 on January 21st, 2013 at 4:57 pm said:

Agreed BlueBl1zzard,

if its not your type of game, leave it at that. What does saying its crap do besides make you look like a tool on here?

So many dunces out there.

+ herbalsticky on January 21st, 2013 at 10:43 pm said:

Wow, … $20. Must be compensation for when this game goes to Plus for free?

+ Elvick_ on January 21st, 2013 at 11:03 pm said:

@44: Or they’re just good at pricing games accordingly. Not every game needs to be full price, certainly not when they decide to go a digital only route for the localized release.

D3 Publisher and Konami could learn a thing or two from these guys.

+ Heatseeker125 on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:36 am said:

Wow, talk about being rude. No wonder the product manager only bothered to give one reply. What the hell does Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault have to do with this company???

+ VinsanityV21 on January 22nd, 2013 at 5:07 am said:

“The game, which has been developed by the team behind SEGA Bass Fishing and Ape Escape (PSP), …”

*sigh* When will we get a new Ape Escape? Or a new platformer IP from those guys? No one makes games that looks like that currently. Bright, colorful, goofy, fun… that’s the way Japanese platformers are, baby! And it’s great! You guys really flubbed the Move launch with that dumb Ape Escape branded on-rails shooter. The Move NEEDED a killer app for it, and a full fledged Ape Escape action adventure with inventive motion gadgets should’ve been the obvious choice. If you didn’t dust off the franchise for the debut of the Move, when WILL it come back?

At any rate, maybe this’ll be fun? The Vita needs more than a fishing game (badly promoted too – no one heard about it at all until a few days before release) at this point though. But more games are always welcome. And with the pedigree of Sega Bass Fishing and Ape Escape, this one should be fun, at least.

+ ceedub2 on January 22nd, 2013 at 6:35 am said:

You know this game will probably be fun. I didn’t think Retro Rampage would be fun but it is a fun little game.

+ sptrk75 on January 22nd, 2013 at 6:50 am said:

Thanks for making this available. It looks well suited for the Vita and I will definitely be purchasing next Tuesday.

I’ve not played SEGA Bass Fishing, but are the characters in this title customizable in regards to equipment, clothing, statistics, etc.?

Sean Walsh's Avatar

+ Sean Walsh on January 24th, 2013 at 4:26 am said:

Very glad to hear it.

The characters aren’t customizable in that way.

+ Naozumi on January 22nd, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

>English VO.
That’s unfortunate, I don’t know if I’ll bother getting it now. I have Ni no Kuni to play for now, anyway.

PAGE 1 2