PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Sack it to Me: Garfield Coming to LittleBigPlanet

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Jan 21, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

Garfield and Odie Minipack Coming This Week

It’s Monday, and although our favourite feline is well-known for hating Mondays, hopefully this week he can make an exception since the Garfield and Odie Minipack is making its LittleBigPlanet debut!

The Garfield and Odie Minipack will give Sackboy two brand new costumes for his LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita adventures, as well as providing him with a variety of stickers just perfect for creating your own Garfield comic book stories.

LittleBigPlanet Calendar Theme Out Now

We also have a special new theme on PlayStation Store to spruce up your PS3 with! This dynamic theme features a set of 12 rather nifty backgrounds, one for each month of the year.

Each background features a variety of Sackfolk having fun, so whether they’re enjoying the sunny weather in July or playing in the snow in December, you can be sure that this theme will bring you plenty of joy throughout the year!

Head over to the PlayStation Store today to pick up the LittleBigPlanet Calendar theme for $1.99, and keep Sackboy with you all year ’round.

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2: Mm Picks

This week, our LittleBigPlanet 2: Mm Picks sees Sackboy becoming Outback Jack, as he takes off on a journey through the Australian Outback with some new platforming skills to help him survive. Meanwhile, in The Arena, Sackboy enters a first-person deathmatch arena that pits him against waves of mean robots that he will need to shoot to survive.

Finally, we finish the Mm Picks this week with Solitude in Silhouette, which sees Sackboy taking a scenic journey through some dark caves with fun gameplay and impressive visuals to behold throughout your journey.

LBPC Community Spotlight Hits 100 Episodes

The LBPC Community Spotlight team hit an incredible milestone recently, with their 100th Community Spotlight! Every two weeks, the LBPC Community Spotlight team features their favorite levels from around the community, so be sure to check back with them regularly.

LBP Community Spotlight 100

In the meantime though, check out their momentous 100th episode and the levels that they featured in this landmark episode.

LBPC Community Spotlight 100 Badge
LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 100! by LBPCentralHub

+ joaryche on January 21st, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

garfield and odie….a must have for sure

+ dyiing4life on January 21st, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Wouldn’t of expected them to add garfield

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on January 21st, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

We do like to be full of nice surprises. ;)

+ boomstickbhg on January 21st, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Where is the LBP Karing costume compatability?

Is the game going on sale for so little this week because you just can’t deliver on your promise from before the game released?

Still waiting for costumes before I play again, might just sell the game instead now that I have the superior Sonic karting game.

+ whatisdelicious on January 21st, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

That’s awesome, though the do look kind of weird. I need to play this game more.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on January 21st, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

As Garfield would say, Odie has always looked like that. ;)

+ HannibaLobster on January 21st, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

I accidentally left my LBPV at my father’s over Christmas. Waiting for him to mail it back. I can’t wait to hop back in and give some community levels a try. Is there ever a plan to possibly implement cross-play with LittleBigPlanet 2?

+ Elvick_ on January 21st, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

I will buy the crap out of those costumes. Would love some other characters from Garfield too, or some Peanuts characters… Mostly Snoopy and Woodstock.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on January 21st, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

greedy Mm.

+ Bcrazyman on January 21st, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

hey steven? do you know if these are gonna be free for us ps+ members?
or are we gonna get discounts? need to know thanks!
also great job on the art work for these guys!
i really love these guys and really love there cartoons!

+ LABARONX on January 21st, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

lol i agree with 6

+ Caiman_6 on January 21st, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

And what about the cross compatibility ? Did you guys forget about LBPKarting ?

+ The5rozos on January 21st, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

I don’t even care so much about the costumes working on Karting, just please release a patch for that game though! I tried playing with my mom the other day and it froze when I went to the Settings menu. That shouldn’t still be happening with a game I bought on release day over a couple months ago.

I know there’s a reason this is delayed and you guys are hard at work getting the DLC to be compatible, but please think things through before giving estimates. First it was coming out before 2013, then it was coming out in January hopefully, and now we don’t even know. Considering there’s not a word about LBPK on this post(not even about the Garfield DLC!) it just makes us fan feel like we’re left in the dark.

Also the online system could be improved as it’s extremely hard finding anyone, but I’m sure you guys have gotten plenty of feedback already so I’ll leave it at that.

Just want this game to be the best it can be.

+ spikeking365 on January 21st, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

hey i think it would be cool if yall guys could add wreck-it Ralph characters would be a great addition to karting

+ Godchild1020 on January 21st, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

I hope PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal can get this type of support long after release. Whether its new characters, costumes and/or stages.

I loved watching Garfield and seeing this brings back so much memories. I can use this to go back to Little Big Planet Vita.

+ MrSignal on January 21st, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

@5 HannibaLobster

Already out man, little bit of a pain to get the systems to sync the program to the Vita, but its an interesting add-on.
Worth the $5.

As for Garfield, I’m gonna have to see if there’s any levels without him first. =P

+ FatSuit on January 21st, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Anyone know when there is going to be a patch for LBP Karting? The servers and online trophies are really glitchy.

+ spikeking365 on January 21st, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

also any news on big daddy and lil sis coming to the store soon

+ Kchow23 on January 21st, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Awesome costumes…. what does the theme look like? :P

+ Vex_Doppel on January 21st, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

@Bcrazyman, I can tell you that no LBP DLC has been free or discounted due to PS+ as of now. So I’m quite confident that’s a no.

@HannibaLobster, I believe the best your gonna get is the Cross Controller DLC. For some reason MM likes to keep their LBP universes seperate. Atleast the DLC is universal now. Sidenote, LBP for the PS4 better just be one game. Cause with that power you should be able to make Karting, fighting, platforming, shooting, open world, RPG, MMO etc…

@Caiman_6 They didn’t forget, they are working on it. Its alot of costumes to render. LBPvita had more simplistic graphics so I’m guessing that’s why they got all of them done so fast.

Garfield and Odie eh? Nice, Lets get some ‘The Far Side’ by Gary Larson in here too. That seems to be right there with MM’s humor.

+ WHITE_PR on January 21st, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

tomorrow going to buy Little Big Planet Karting to complete my LBP collection. (PSN)

+ Vex_Doppel on January 21st, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Hey StevenI, did you change the picture from Garfield to LBP Karting? I swore it was Garfield and Odie, now I only see LBP karting. Mistakes were made?

+ Velmonte on January 21st, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Why in the world did y’all remove Garfield’s content image off this post?

+ allnewfie on January 21st, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

happy to see Garfield come to lbp, but can we please get more stickers and materials for lbp vita, we need to spice things up some when making new levels.

+ Pikmologist on January 21st, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

Would get this right away if that PSN sale was blocking me xD

+ IcedDice777 on January 21st, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Will pick this up just like the all of the Marvel minipacks! Keep ‘em coming.

Can we get some GUNDAM minipacks? Would gladly pay for those too!

+ dodgedoors on January 21st, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

I want an Adult Swim costume pack. Carl from Aqua Teen, nerd from Robot Chicken, and a few others.

Even better would be an archer costume pack with the whole Poovey Farms Racing team theme.. Archer, Pam, Lana and Cyril

+ whoers on January 21st, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

^^^ thats the best idea i’ve ever heard in MY LIFE

I would kill for a carl (athf) costume

+ whoers on January 21st, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

I was thinking beavis and butthead too.
that’d be..cool

+ jayrabbit on January 21st, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

Steven, Is the LittleBigPlanet Calendar a dynamic or static theme?

+ D-Squad3 on January 21st, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

I don’t see Garfield anywhere!

+ jayrabbit on January 21st, 2013 at 8:49 pm said:

@29 if you go to the EU blog they have a better post about this and that will show you what the sackboys look like, the link is at the very top of this site, in the middle.

+ Jeron93 on January 21st, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

THATS AWESOME LBP :)

+ nana0331wren on January 21st, 2013 at 10:14 pm said:

out today;)

+ Elvick_ on January 22nd, 2013 at 2:50 am said:

@29 It was there, and it was more fancy than the one that the EU Blog posted, so I don’t know why they removed it. It was awesome. Wish I had saved it.

+ Mando44646 on January 22nd, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

When will LittleBigPlanet Karting be compatible with all this LBP DLC? Its been quite a while since it came out and promises of making DLC compatible arent cutting it anymore

+ Welmosca on January 22nd, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

I just saw that you guys made an Joel and Ellie sackboy customes for TLoU Joel and Ellie editions…will they ever be released on the store?…ah and looking forward to garfield custome.

+ whoers on January 22nd, 2013 at 5:36 pm said:

it’s lame as hell that the vita version of all costumes don’t come with stickers
you guys should lower the price if they are paying the same for costumes +

+ SJVietboi on January 25th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

If I purchase the Time Saver DLC for the Vita, will the trophies associated with bubbles (Obsessive Collecting) automatically unlock?