PS4 - Destiny

Crysis 3 Beta Kicks off January 29th on PSN

Mike Read's Avatar + Posted by Mike Read on Jan 23, 2013 // Producer, Crytek

Crysis 3 Multiplayer Beta

Hey PlayStation Nation! We’re a few weeks away from the release of Crysis 3, the premier sandbox shooter of 2013. In order to give those fans that can’t wait any longer a preview of what’s to come, we’re launching a worldwide cross-console beta. The Crysis 3 beta will be available for download on PlayStation Network on Tuesday, January 29th and lasting until February 12th. Get ready to suit up!

The beta is designed to give you a taste of the full Crysis 3 multiplayer experience, and help the development team collect your feedback. Read on for answers to some common questions regarding the Crysis 3 Beta, and for more information visit www.crysis.com.

What modes will be playable in the beta?

Hunter Mode: This multiplayer game mode is all about survival of the fittest. There are two teams, initially comprised of two permanently cloaked “Hunters”, and up to 14 CELL troopers awaiting extraction. Each trooper slain respawns on the Hunter team to prey on their former allies, building to a frenetic climax. If any of the troopers survive the round, the hunters lose. Whichever way you play, Hunter Mode delivers a heart-pounding test of strategy and survival.

Crash Site Mode: This multiplayer game mode is the ultimate King of the Hill-type experience. An Alien dropship deploys a pod at random around the map. Players on each team must remain near the dropped pod in order to capture the zone and accumulate points. Each alien pod holds two shields players can utilize defensively as weapons. In addition, each Crash Site map will have a “Pinger,” a CEPH-constructed walking weapon of mass destruction. But be careful: other players can hijack the Pinger while you’re inside!

Crysis 3 Multiplayer Beta

What maps will come with the beta?

Museum: Roam the dark Ruins of Museum in downtown Manhattan and use the verticality to your advantage.

Airport: Close to the financial district, nature has taken over buildings and planes in this open fields area.

The full game has 10 more maps and six more game modes that are not to be found in the Open Beta.

How do I install the Open Beta on PS3?

The Open Beta will be located for download and installation on PSN in the demos section.

Where do I go if I have a problem, comment, or question?

The Crysis 3 forum at MyCrysis.com is your first stop. There will be threads for each problem as well as for comments; please post in the correct forums. You may find the answer to your problem already posted by someone else in the community or answered by one of the developers. When posting a new problem, please include as much detailed information as possible in order to help us understand the issue and resolve it.

What state is the game in? How close to final is the code I am looking at?

This is an Open Beta, which means most areas of the game are nearly complete; however, we are still looking at balance and polish. Feedback is always welcome.

Do my comments about balance or gameplay matter?

Absolutely. We will read every post. Keep it constructive and keep it civil, but keep it coming!

Is there single-player content in the Open Beta?

No, the Open Beta is only multiplayer content. The goal of the Open Beta is to serve as a final testing of the game’s backbone and features, and to give fans and the curious out there a chance to play the game before it is released.

46 Comments

+ Jakeman14 on January 23rd, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

I liked crysis 2′s single better but the multiplayer wasnt half bad. Hopefully this is an improvement.

+ G-Force08 on January 23rd, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

I’m looking forward to the campaign of Crysis 3 a lot more than I am the multiplayer. I was in the Xbox 360 MP beta for Crysis 2, picked up Cyrsis 2 for PS3, but still didn’t play much of the multiplayer. I would have even earned the platinum trophy for that game if it was not for all of the MP trophies that I was not going to waste my time on. That said, I’ll still check out this beta.

I wonder, obviously Crysis 3 isn’t coming to the Vita, but I wonder if Crytek would ever be willing to support the handheld.

+ blueshell99 on January 23rd, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

Did anyone see the top where it says Cross-Console beta
does this mean we get to play with other consoles?

+ Jakeman14 on January 23rd, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

This is off topic but im gonna ask anyway; Is it true you guys bought the homefront IP?

+ IrishDude2 on January 23rd, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Does the beta also kick off for EU same time?

+ Dragun619 on January 23rd, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

So this beta won’t have same situation like the Crysis 2 Beta where you guys took it down from the PSN store the same day it released due to glitches or something will it? Was pretty disappointed how that went on PS3.

+ terrencec06 on January 23rd, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

I enjoyed both Crysis 1 and 2. I will eventually pick up Crysis 3. Didn’t really like the MP in Crysis 2 though. Not really looking forward to this, but I may try it out. Thx.

+ Welmosca on January 23rd, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Oh I’m looking forward to this Beta…Crysis 2 MP is ok not that awesome but its ok…wanna see if there are improvements.Anyway I’m eager to the SP and just like every game I’ll be buying for the SP can’t wait.Just please this time dont put annoying MP trophies on the game.

+ KwietStorm on January 23rd, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

Can you expound on “cross console beta”? Is that just a formality?

And Hunter mode sounds like the bees knees.

+ FUNKYbyNature on January 23rd, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

Multiplayer is underratted imo. I simply loved it but nobody was playing online 2 months after it released. The campaign is also good. Still prefer Crysis 1, that game is amazing with its open world.
With that said, i can’t wait to play Crysis 3 !!!

+ destruction1983 on January 23rd, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

THANK YOU GUYS AWESOME BETA I KEEP ON LOVING PS3 MORE BY EVRYDAY THANK YOU =D U THE BEST

+ Kchow23 on January 23rd, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

I hope that this will be an actual beta and some of the feedback makes it in :)

+ moneyman1852 on January 23rd, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

I swear to god that blue guy looks like a storm trooper :D

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 23rd, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

Cool I’ll definitely try this out. I kinda wnt to get into the series now. If I like what I see in this beta, it just may convince me to check out the previous two games.

+ YungShep on January 23rd, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

still working through crysis 1! haha. will Crysis 3 be in 3D?

+ nolo451 on January 23rd, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

looks cool, I’ll give it a go.

+ Ejsponge61 on January 23rd, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

I’m only consciously excited. When the open beta for Crysis 2 came out, I hoped on it immediately, but it wouldn’t even allow me to connect to a match. Hopefully this time around I can at least get into a game. Other than that, though, the games looks pretty cool.

+ ATOMS11 on January 23rd, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Nice!

+ Monterossa on January 23rd, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

these pictures must be PC version screenshots.

+ HeadGReasE on January 23rd, 2013 at 2:42 pm said:

@2 Just seen the trophy list for this game and they look tougher than Crysis 2

+ Beckerjr on January 23rd, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

Amused at how they always post a screenshot from the PC version for these games.

+ tusunami on January 23rd, 2013 at 3:14 pm said:

I’ll check it out for sure, looking more forward to Dust 514 & LAst Of Us.

+ Stringer2355 on January 23rd, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

Will there be 3D support in Beta and Retail ?

+ SpiritThief on January 23rd, 2013 at 4:48 pm said:

Oh look another shooter. Surprise, surprise.

I’d like to see Crytek take their amazing tech and do something amazing. Not another boring shooter we’ve seen a billion times before. Nothing against Crysis but the world is flooded with shooters we don’t need another.

+ DAT_BOY_KEV on January 23rd, 2013 at 5:06 pm said:

Can’t wait to dive into some gameplay!

+ MrBeatdown on January 23rd, 2013 at 5:29 pm said:

Awesome! I loved Crysis 2′s multiplayer. It had the best selection of maps since CoD4. I think the only thing I could say bad about it was that it had glitched trophies. I think it was Tooled Up and Dedication that didn’t unlock properly.

I can’t wait to give this a shot. Hopefully it gets better post-release support than Crysis 2 though. I only managed to get the platinum by finding a workaround for the Tooled Up trophy, and the Dedication trophy randomly unlocked on January 1 of last year. Stuff like that should have been patched, and there wasn’t any feedback on it on the MyCrysis forums. And add trophies to the DLC packs.

+ omega_alpha-619 on January 23rd, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

Another PVP Sandbox Shooter… as if we haven’t done that to death already.

Pass.

+ MushThePainter on January 23rd, 2013 at 6:42 pm said:

Graphics look amazing, I just hope the game is fun

+ GhostMachine1 on January 23rd, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

This is the series that always looked so beautiful but that I never got around to playing. Thanks for this beta. I will undoubtedly try it out.

+ Welmosca on January 23rd, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

Ha glad that I saved that photo of the bow before you guys taking out.

+ GENERAL421 on January 23rd, 2013 at 7:29 pm said:

Yea sure Crysis 3 looks cool and maybe another 1st Person Shooter but the game I wanna hear more about is Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots, and yes it maybe yet another 1st Person Shooter but will it take back the 1st Person Shooter Crown from CoD like David Sears said it would in his interview with Game Informer? We shall see whenever it is released…..

+ Vorlord on January 23rd, 2013 at 7:59 pm said:

Best graphics I’ve ever seen on ANY first-person shooter games I’ve played!! Can’t wait to test this baby out!!!! ;)

+ scyth199 on January 23rd, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

Hunter mode seems like it could be fun. I’ve been waiting to see what other game modes besides the standard ones there could be.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on January 23rd, 2013 at 10:25 pm said:

I may try this, but actually buying it will be low… most game betas do nothing for me anymore. (God Of War for example)

+ T-8k8O_ on January 23rd, 2013 at 11:25 pm said:

Hope the MP in Crysis 3 is better than 2.

+ theordained on January 24th, 2013 at 4:08 am said:

I agree with most about the multiplayer. Wasn’t too crazy about it but the campaign was off the chain. My calendars are marked.

+ Optimizm on January 24th, 2013 at 7:33 am said:

I really loathe MP sometimes. I’d prefer a regular demo of the single player. Oh well. The game still looks pretty good.

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on January 24th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

WAHOOO! This is a business model that all developers should follow. Betas FTW!

+ deafwing on January 24th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Sounds good to me – I will give it a try :D

+ gtdominator5 on January 25th, 2013 at 7:52 am said:

YES!!!, already ordered it can’t wait for the game to come out!!!

+ kris9670 on January 29th, 2013 at 5:40 am said:

yayy, it’s not out on PS3 -.-

+ TeamXiled on January 29th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Is anyone else not finding the beta?

+ SHADOW_ASSULT619 on January 29th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

12hrs…after it goes live and still waiting….SONY COME ON!!! WHY DONT YOU DO YOUR UPDATES WHEN EVERYONE IS ASLEEP NOT MIDDLE OF AFTERNOON WHEN MAJORITY OF PEOPLE PLAY!?

+ L337-D3M0N on January 29th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

*Still* unavailable on PSN. Way to go Sony.

+ supvic on January 29th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

the beta IS out, the store has been updated already, it’s just that the blog just updates late.

+ SwagCentralViP on February 14th, 2013 at 6:58 pm said: