Uncharted 4

Introducing the New Sony Entertainment Network Online Store

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 24, 2013 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store on the web

We’re excited to announce today’s launch of the new Sony Entertainment Network online store, allowing you to browse and buy PlayStation Network games, add-ons, movies, TV shows, and more for PlayStation 3, PSP, and PlayStation Vita through the web.

Following the redesign of the PlayStation Store, the new online store offers similar filter and sorting features — making it easier than ever to find what you’re looking for and discover new digital content.

Here’s how it works:

1. Sign in to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ with your Sony Entertainment Network or PlayStation Network username and password.
  2. Browse or search for PlayStation Network games, add-ons, movies, TV shows, or whatever else you’re looking for.
  3. As soon as you buy what you want in the online store, it will be added to the “My Downloads” section in the PlayStation Store on your PS3, PSP, or PS Vita for you to download and enjoy!

Still have questions? Click here to check out the FAQ for the new Sony Entertainment Network online store.

There are more features in the works for the online store – including automatic remote downloads – so stay tuned for the latest.

Also, in case you missed the announcement last week, you can now use PayPal to fund your PSN/SEN wallet via the Sony Entertainment Network account manager on the Web.

+ Crusher201 on January 24th, 2013 at 4:30 pm said:

Why isn’t it possible for Playstation Plus subscribers to buy their *free* games to keep forever? It doesn’t make sense. Take Shank 2 for example. PS+ subscribers got the game for free when it was released. That makes it impossible to buy the game for $2.50 during this sale. The best alternative is waiting for your subscription to lapse and buying it for regular price or sale price without the extra discounts.

+ Kchow23 on January 24th, 2013 at 4:31 pm said:

Two things that I would like to see changed is the URL which is quite long how about store.playstation.com or store.senetwork.com? Also make the website compatible with smartphone and tablets unless you are making an app for it.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 24th, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

Future plans for mobile web support are under consideration for sure.

+ Dubloon7 on January 24th, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

with the new Paypal option, can we WITHDRAW whatever funds we have hanging in our wallet? Or is this feature strictly deposit only?

+ Kchow23 on January 24th, 2013 at 4:35 pm said:

Any ETA on the update for the download lists? At least make it easier to browse if the automatic download feature isn’t ready.

Is the new store coming to PS Vita any time soon?

Please add the functionality to upgrade a secondary account to a master account.

A bit unrelated and a minor thing but please update the Facebook app icon for the PS Vita as well as adding more functionality so it can at least match the smartphone app.

+ KazeEternal on January 24th, 2013 at 4:35 pm said:

OMG why can’t the PS3’s version fo the store be as buttery smooth as the PC and PSV’s versions. I am never using the PS3 again to use he store.

+ ResistanceGTA on January 24th, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

Kristine,

Possible addition. Maybe a subsection under add-ons for games that you own, both retail and digital using trophy information/purchase info. It would be helpful, especially with larger game collections, some DLC can get lost in the chaos each weak. Don’t know how possible it would be, but it would be useful. No matter what, thanks for this, now I can buy everything while in my night class and just have to start downloading when i get home.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on January 25th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll pass that along to the store team.

+ KazeEternal on January 24th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

When can we get automatic downloads so our systems will download as soon as we purchase from the PC store?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on January 25th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

No time frame to announce yet. We’ll let you know as soon as we have a date :)

+ Sub-Zero on January 24th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

Cool feature. However until the auto download is added, i dont see myself using it. Hope it comes soon

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 24th, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

We’ll keep you posted when this feature arrives

+ littleman794 on January 24th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

FINALLY! Paying through PayPal! MAN, this would have been helpful a year ago xD Better late than never, though.

+ Axecution on January 24th, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

YESSSS This is awesome. No offense but the new store just 100% sucks. I’ll just use this to buy stuff from now on and then redownload from my download list in account management lol.

I miss the old store but this is cool

+ triple_lei on January 24th, 2013 at 4:46 pm said:

Cool, now it won’t take me like half an hour to browse and purchase games.

And as long as we’re throwing suggestions here… how about an option to download a PDF of our entire download list? Preferably color coded somehow. That way if I want to download an old game, I can at least scroll to the download date. Should be easier to implement than a redesigned download list…

+ Axecution on January 24th, 2013 at 4:49 pm said:

oh man and the keyboard doesnt suck and theres proper sorting and there isnt random movies everywhere under the game section xD

I like itttt xP

Excuse the mild ripping on the PS Store, i really do think this is cool haha just maybe needs a android and iPhone app and remote downloads like Steam >.>

+ violent23 on January 24th, 2013 at 4:49 pm said:

Why does this not work on Linux!

+ SpiritThief on January 24th, 2013 at 4:50 pm said:

Glad to see the store is still getting reworked. I was afraid we would have been stuck with that ugh for a while. Looks much improved.

Now you guys really need to work on the “My Downloads”. It’s annoying having demos and everything little thing mixed in. I really wish you guys would check out Steam and really look at how amazing their Library section is. Would be nice to have all the games I own on the XMB or something instead of having to remember what I own or surf through a list miles long because I like some demos or a handful of free DLC.

Good to know we can now use Paypal too.

+ Axecution on January 24th, 2013 at 4:50 pm said:

KAAAAY nevermind im ‘not eligible to purchase content’ apparently…

whyyyyyyyyy

+ JinchenUS1 on January 24th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

Great!! This is fantastic!

+ wheskeydean on January 24th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

Can we watch video through this? That would be awesome if we could watch our purchased videos through our computer. I have purchased over 30 movie or episodes of shows and I have three PS3’s (one of which is broken) But I bought the last one with the intention of moving all my video over to it because my slim was full and I couldn’t fit any video on it. When I tried moving the video to the new PS3, it asked me to repurchase a new license. So now I can’t watch any of my video…. Very frustrating and a very expensive mistake.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 24th, 2013 at 5:03 pm said:

The goal of the current online store is to provide a convenient and easy to use way to browse and purchase content on the PlayStation Store via a web browser. At this time, movies and TV episodes purchased through the online store can only be downloaded and watched through the Media Go application on PCs. However, we are currently developing an in-browser video player for PCs and other features that will likely speak to your question.

+ purse317 on January 24th, 2013 at 4:57 pm said:

I have to ask like may others have or will. What’s the incentive to using this service as opposed to just using my ps3. I have to manually turn on my ps3 to download any purchases anyway. The ability to turn on my ps3 away from home and start a download would’ve made this remarkable but as it stands it’s just a step in the right direction.

Also I like many other plus members want to buy some of my free games especially when they are on sale but I can’t why?

+ Rodny1024 on January 24th, 2013 at 4:57 pm said:

Thank you so much!! This is so great.
Thanks again!!!

+ Kchow23 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:03 pm said:

One thing that I just noticed is that you can’t set to download trailers or wallpapers to the PS3 or PC (which would be pretty awesome if I could use it for my desktop).

I am unsure if the trailers that you can play while on the store website is playing HD or not, also a section just for trailers would be great.

Would be a great time to also add an update section so we can set to download patches and firmware updates for games and apps. I think this is easily possible for the PS Vita, but I don’t know about PS3.

+ Moosehole on January 24th, 2013 at 5:04 pm said:

Oh sweet! It doesn’t support iOS, so as far as I’m concerned, it might as well not even exist. Tremendous job upholding your impeccible record of releasing things with half of the features they should have, and then making us wait months/years for you to finish the job. Excellent work.

+ KuiperBeltran on January 24th, 2013 at 5:04 pm said:

Is it now possible to deactivate individual PS3 systems, or are we still limited to a single global deactivate button that only works every 6 months?

+ nsnsmj on January 24th, 2013 at 5:04 pm said:

Awesome! Now all I need is an Android app.

+ TwinDad on January 24th, 2013 at 5:04 pm said:

@purse317

I’ll give you a possible scenario.

I’m on Vacation for two weeks. I am not taking my PS3. A really cool sale is going on like over Christmas. Up until now, I would lose out on this sale or event. Now I can join in on the fun and spend money.

I know many people who travel for a living and can be away from home for weeks at a time, this allows them to use the PS Store and get entertainment away from a Sony “Console”.

+ wheskeydean on January 24th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

Thanks for the answer Morgan. Unfortunately I have a Mac.

+ ALEX87PS on January 24th, 2013 at 5:07 pm said:

thanks a lot guys!! this is great news!

keep up the good work!

I’m looking forward to the automatic remote downloads, that would be the icing on the cake!

THANKS ;)

+ zenitram_27 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:07 pm said:

Not really a fan of the new store design. just so much slower to get to stuff than it was before. i think i might just do the web store then fire up the ps3 and download stuff

+ Mobius2525 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:11 pm said:

Yes!!! About time sony.

+ Kchow23 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

The PS Vita section could use some work as there are some subsections that aren’t applicable like 3D, PS Move and microphone? not to mention that it doesn’t sort by PSP games and PS Mobile is nonexistent.

Also the movies don’t display which resolutions are supported and instead it says “HD”, so is that 720p or 1080p? I am assuming 720p. I hope that perhaps with the new video player we could get trailers on the PS Store far more quickly :)

+ buffpotato on January 24th, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

Why is this Windows only? It makes NO SENSE. There is no difference between Firefox 18 on Linux than on Windows or Chrome even. Firefox is actually BETTER on Linux. Also please don’t say PC when you just mean Windows.

Sometimes Sony, you are silly. And it works fine when you change the User Agent string too. I’m OKAY with their being no Linux Vita Content Manager or Media Go because it takes time to port a program over, but this is a WEBSITE.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on January 25th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Linux support is coming soon!

+ snakeeyes211 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

When am I going to be able to use the store from my iPad??

+ naDOOFUS on January 24th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

Would you kindly add a mobile app and a wish list feature.

+ Giusep81 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

That stinks that the store does not support iPad web browser :-(

+ Kchow23 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:20 pm said:

A revamp for Media Go would also be a good idea making it easier to transfer and download content for the PS Vita and set to download stuff for the PS3. But a great first step and I am glad Playstation is being more proactive.

+ Omen_20 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:22 pm said:

The store says it doesn’t support my browser. I imagine it does support Chrome, but not on Ubuntu. Would be cool to see it supported. Also would like to see a Chrome app for it. You could deliver notifications for PSN outages, new stuff going live on Tuesdays, and downloads finishing, etc.

+ saab01 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:27 pm said:

Just to make sure so now us plus members can go to the website than go to the plus section add something and it will be in our download list? If we were away from our PS3 for weeks we will still get to keep that content from plus even if it expired right?

+ PanTheMan16 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:31 pm said:

Why hasn’t the store reverted or been redesigned yet? As soon as the new store launched, you all saw how many people had a problem with it. I’m sure the change seemed like a good idea in the beginning, and I understand that people put a lot of hard work into it, but shouldn’t we have a say in what happens with it since we are the ones using it and spending our money?

+ PanTheMan16 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

Fact is, the store is hardly functional as it is. It’s extremely slow to navigate, and just plain slow in general. I’m sure you folks at Sony recognize this. If you need some convincing, why not just hold a poll to see how many people still prefer the old design? I could give a seemingly endless number of reasons as to why the new design doesn’t work, but I don’t want to spend a lot more time on this since it likely won’t make a difference. It Should make a difference though, because you already know that virtually everyone feels this way.
We don’t need small improvements to the new design because it will still remain slow and difficult to navigate. There is just too much wrong with it to even find one thing that works better than the old store. You guys are usually pretty good about responding to feedback to the community, but I’m sure I’m not the only person who noticed the way you all stayed quiet after the launch, when hundreds of people came here to voice their complaints and disapproval.

This should be more of a democracy since it is us who (happily) keep you all funded.

+ supvic on January 24th, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

I’m begging you PLEASE bring back the old PSN store. The more I use the new PSN store the more problems I find and the more I hate it. It brings 1-2 minor improvements at the expense of MANY more problems. It’s extremely disorganised, messy, content has gone missing and DLC for ALL games are lumped into one category with no way to separate (songs for music games is a painful example, I’m forced to browse through ALL songs for ALL games with no way to organize them). Every change has been a step in an idiotically wrong direction and it makes no sense how any of this passed in the first place.

This new web store makes a clear statement: “Our new PSN store is so bad, so we made this web store so you can avoid it”

Lastly, it must be said.. if it ain’t broke, DON’T FREAKING “FIX” IT!

+ roccolou on January 24th, 2013 at 5:35 pm said:

This new store is why the PS3 store was down for 3 days. I am interested to see how Sony’s patent works for used games. The codes needed to unlock them seem a bit of another cash grab.

+ dorkgeniuz21 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:35 pm said:

When will we be getting a patch to visit the ps store via ps vita remote-play…

+ roccolou on January 24th, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

Everytime the store updates it clears out what I have left in my cart.

+ drGiggless on January 24th, 2013 at 5:45 pm said:

This is awesome, now I never have to use the awful PSN store ever again. I hope you fired whoever designed that piece of junk.

+ THE-PLASTICA-MAN on January 24th, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

Thank you for the store but I was already using the euro store for more than a month already. It is very practical when you can’t acces your PS3 or PSVita for some time. Will you please add a PS Mobile for that section too ?
It happens that I get separated from my PS Vita for more than a week and I don’t want to miss the weekly free PS mobile games. It is a shame to miss them when you could add this feature to the web store and thus not missing them.

By the way it’s kinda funny to see all commenters with the “+” sign above their avatars lol !

+ truongtantai on January 24th, 2013 at 5:49 pm said:

Hi Sony

I added fun via Paypal but it fail (transaction is cancel) .My bank account not American’s bank

+ TJF588 on January 24th, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Noice. However, three things:

– Allow us to purchase PlayStation Mobile titles from the Store(s). I don’t have a Vita, and I’m fine with my Nokia brick, but I’m dying from missing out on the free Mobile titles!

– Fix. The. Add-ons. By. Title. It’s still, as it’s been since its inception, listing every game with ANY kind of content aside from its base game. 1942: Joint Strike, for instance, shows NOTHING extra on the web Store, due to not having access to video downloads.

– On the Blog, on the PS site, and I suppose on this Store, there’s a checkbox to save my sign-in ID. This used to work, but now it never sticks. Using the latest version of Opera, FTR.

And, bonus gripes!

– Valkyria Chronicles II isn’t listed under PSN Exclusives nor its alphabetical category in the Store on PSP.

– Now, add some functionality to dat Download List! At the least, allow us to search via text box by the time the automatic downloads option hits the web Store.

+ Londonstani on January 24th, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

This is one of the first super smooth updates from my experience using Playstation online services.

Absolutely fantastic update, the Canadian store is smooth as butter and it was easy to set up purchasing Unfinished Swan!

Thank you Grace Chen and co. for a great web store, it works great :)

+ stlthriot on January 24th, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

AWESOME!! Been wanting something like this for several years! :D Thanks so much!

+ Fearse on January 24th, 2013 at 5:58 pm said:

How do log into the store from your browser

+ Fearse on January 24th, 2013 at 5:59 pm said:

how do you log into the store from the browser on your pc