PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Introducing the New Sony Entertainment Network Online Store

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 24, 2013 // Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store on the web

We’re excited to announce today’s launch of the new Sony Entertainment Network online store, allowing you to browse and buy PlayStation Network games, add-ons, movies, TV shows, and more for PlayStation 3, PSP, and PlayStation Vita through the web.

Following the redesign of the PlayStation Store, the new online store offers similar filter and sorting features — making it easier than ever to find what you’re looking for and discover new digital content.

Here’s how it works:

1. Sign in to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ with your Sony Entertainment Network or PlayStation Network username and password.
  2. Browse or search for PlayStation Network games, add-ons, movies, TV shows, or whatever else you’re looking for.
  3. As soon as you buy what you want in the online store, it will be added to the “My Downloads” section in the PlayStation Store on your PS3, PSP, or PS Vita for you to download and enjoy!

Still have questions? Click here to check out the FAQ for the new Sony Entertainment Network online store.

There are more features in the works for the online store – including automatic remote downloads – so stay tuned for the latest.

Also, in case you missed the announcement last week, you can now use PayPal to fund your PSN/SEN wallet via the Sony Entertainment Network account manager on the Web.

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on January 24th, 2013 at 6:00 pm said:

Support for Safari. And please bring an app to the apple app store please just don’t make a app for android and leave us apple people out

+ Fearse on January 24th, 2013 at 6:00 pm said:

where do i sign in

+ Fearse on January 24th, 2013 at 6:05 pm said:

I’m sorry i found it my bad

+ Freshh23 on January 24th, 2013 at 6:09 pm said:

Where the hell is PlayStation Mobile? this is one of the things I was looking forward to so I can download the free PSMobile games and have them on my download list for when I get a PlayStation Vita. Now, there’s one less reason to get a PSVita sooner. And why are there free games/content for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita but not PlayStation Portable? Of course, Sony always doing something dumb that doesn’t benefit them.

+ Freshh23 on January 24th, 2013 at 6:13 pm said:

Also, don’t you know there are people from the USA and other countries living outside where they are originally from? How about letting us access the full content from our respective country. I can’t stand not being able to access the PlayStation Video Store, Video Unlimited (which Sony video content should be available from one service instead of multiple) or other services because the country I’m currently living in doesn’t have official support yet or can’t access the content from our respective country like on Crackle. That’s customers that you COULD have but don’t because of foolish decisions like these.

+ Fearse on January 24th, 2013 at 6:17 pm said:

Did not see the link to the store but i saw it afterwards very nice job Sony the store looks great and it’s really smooth.

+ Freshh23 on January 24th, 2013 at 6:17 pm said:

Wow, and I just realized you can’t access all the content in an easy manner, you have to “search it” like every PSP content outside of games and some content isn’t available. WOW! Disappointed.

+ Vcheese on January 24th, 2013 at 6:25 pm said:

@ truongtantai

I have tried to add funds too but same happened to me, it says the payment is cancelled on my paypal account. Does anyone knows why?

+ Kchow23 on January 24th, 2013 at 6:29 pm said:

One feature I would love to see if gifting content or PSN money to other players as well as having wishlists which can tie in with recommendations, also having better store integration with the PS Blog, PS Forums, Twitter and Facebook.

I also hope that you guys are having a long and hard look at Nintendo Direct, it is a really smart way of avoiding the lulls in gaming content that we are having right now and reassuring people that their consoles will have great content in the months to come.

+ Anddo on January 24th, 2013 at 6:30 pm said:

It’s about time.

+ Kchow23 on January 24th, 2013 at 6:35 pm said:

OOOOH and adding the PS Blogcast to the online store would also be a great idea.

+ mainkster on January 24th, 2013 at 6:38 pm said:

does not work with ps3 browser

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on January 24th, 2013 at 6:46 pm said:

A lot better and faster than the ps3 store. Much thanks for that. Does not work on Chrome mobile or safari on iphone which is a downer, but they said they’re working on that so that’s cool. Good news about paypal too. Now if they can just get rid of that $5 minimum charge…I can pay a 99 cent game on my iphone and I don’t have to add $5 to the wallet….

+ GGCAN on January 24th, 2013 at 6:47 pm said:

Looks great on the pc and really fast response.

Also is an amazing App on Windows 8 (start menu)…just go to the website and pin it to start. (works very well).

Keep up the great work.

+ Vcheese on January 24th, 2013 at 6:50 pm said:

I would also like to suggest a preview of some of the things in the store, i would like to see what that littlebigplanet calendar 2013 dynamic theme is like!

+ dotKay on January 24th, 2013 at 6:51 pm said:

I can’t download Foosball 2012 on my PS3 (I downloaded it on my Vita without a problem).
I tried using the PS3 store and the web store, but it tells me that I’m not allowed to download it, eve though i’m a Plus subscriber.

What can I do?

+ TRJAsopaul on January 24th, 2013 at 6:56 pm said:

Sweet. Now I never have to miss an update again when I’m weeks away from my PS3. Thank you.

+ Nyktharas on January 24th, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

So this is completely blocked on Linux in any browser that works fine in my PC, or Mac? Is this going to change at all?

+ Crusher201 on January 24th, 2013 at 7:00 pm said:

@dotKay

You already have it in your download list if you downloaded it for one platform. Go to your downloads list and download it from there.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 24th, 2013 at 7:09 pm said:

Thanks guys! I know this is going to benefit quite a few people . I haven’t tried it yet, but has checked to see if you are able to add funds to your wallet using a PSN Card?

+ RRubiC on January 24th, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:

WOW! This new online store is great. Way better than the store in the PS3. Very user friendly and everything is at hand and well distributed. AND LOOK AT THAT! Add-ons sorted by title… who in the world would have thought about that?
Sarcasm aside, really nice work! From now on, this is my go to store for everything PSN. Faster, easier browsing, with the benefit of buying from my PC and then just download to my PS3.
Thanks and keep up the good work!

+ AceOfSpades725 on January 24th, 2013 at 7:21 pm said:

Looking forward to the remote download feature!

I’d like to note that I get a error while on my Chromebook. “The Sony Entertainment Network Store is not currently supported by this browser.” Although, seems to work great while using Chrome on a regular laptop.

+ headronefish on January 24th, 2013 at 7:21 pm said:

Looks great but not loading here, using Firefox Aurora on OS X. Works fine on Safari.

+ lisatsunami on January 24th, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

This is a great, thanks store staff! I can shop from anywhere now, but it would be even better if you brought back remote control of the store via the Vita, so we can not only buy but start downloading those 15 – 20 gig size full size games.

+ lisatsunami on January 24th, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

O, heh, heh, didn’t catch that line that automatic remote downloading is coming. Great job overall, then, folks!

+ lisatsunami on January 24th, 2013 at 7:35 pm said:

Hey it works great on my macbook pro using Firefox browser…..
Have not checked with my iPADD yet

+ lucas0731-BR on January 24th, 2013 at 7:37 pm said:

Guys, this is blocked in any browser on Linux. Will this be fixed?

+ TylerTheDestroye on January 24th, 2013 at 7:38 pm said:

Excellent! Now I can get on the Store while my brother’s playing. Once automatic downloads are up,this new Store will be GOLDEN!

+ TheUndertaker85 on January 24th, 2013 at 7:47 pm said:

This is fantastic news. I’m glad to see the web store finally up and running. I’m also very excited to hear that remote downloads are being worked on. This shows even more promise for the future.

Might I ask a few questions though?

1) Is content that is missing from the new store front on PS3 still being worked on? If so Call of Duty ELITE is missing from the store. The ELITE DLC for MW3 is available even when searching but the app itself seems to be missing. In other cases there’s content missing from categories where it should be showing up, IE when searching for PS Move or 3D content. Some content is being labeled as if it’s for PS Vita when it’s for PS3 (Foosball 2012 for PS3 is a prime example. The PS3 Demo & Unlock are labeled for use with PS Vita when those files obviously don’t work with it.)

+ detictiveconan on January 24th, 2013 at 7:49 pm said:

No Linux support?And just when I thought I might be able to avoid the ‘still’ slow and clunk new store..

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on January 24th, 2013 at 7:49 pm said:

Kristine can we earn points via Sony rewards when we Purchase game and other Digital Content from the playstation store it would make Sense we are buying games and other digital Content from Sony and we would get points for doing this

+ Esena on January 24th, 2013 at 7:55 pm said:

I wish you guys had this rolled out when Journey was in sale in December. I was out of town and unable to get it at sale price :( Make it go on sale again!? Pretty please!!! :)

+ TheUndertaker85 on January 24th, 2013 at 7:56 pm said:

Continued:

2) Is a fix to Downloads Lists still in the works? With ever growing downloads lists, sorting options or subsections like PS3, PS2 Classics, PSOne, PS Vita, PSP, Minis, & PS Mobile then subsections under those to pick something like Full Games, PSN Games, Free-To-Play, Add-Ons, Applications, Themes, and so on as needed. Even that much listed would be a huge help when looking for specific content for a specific system in your downloads list.

3) Have you ever thought of making PS+ an app for PS3 & Vita then linking all the perks of Plus together in one place? IE where to go to set up automatic updates, upload to/download from cloud storage, along with access to all of the PS+ content like discounts & new free titles? If this were done you all could take the PS+ section out of the store(Minus the actual subscriptions & advertisements, those could stay in the store plus be accessible via the app) so the store itself would be a tiny less crowded and make all of those Plus benefits easier to access in one area rather than in multiple areas. That could be a better use for that Plus icon on the XMB under PlayStation Network that vanishes if you are signed in as a Plus member.

+ TheUndertaker85 on January 24th, 2013 at 8:00 pm said:

Not a dig on the service or the new store either. Progress seems to be being made and I’m very happy about that but at the same time, certain things still need fixed or added to bring SEN to be one unified entity. That is my hope for the future. Better & easier access to all of the great content we already own and the great content coming down the pipe.

+ lobotomies4free on January 24th, 2013 at 8:06 pm said:

Great first step. Can’t wait for remote downloads

+ Yugi_Fishie on January 24th, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

I’m noticing that I PSN in general has been extremely slow ever since the maintenance a few days ago. At first, I thought it was my internet connection just acting up, but while testing the internet connection, it’s always PSN that fails to connect during the test whereas my connection is found and verified quickly. Netflix, among several other apps, as well as playing online has been ~extremely~ slow with a tendency to constantly disconnect ever since the last maintenance period. Nothing else in my household is slow while online except while on my PS3.

Suffice to say, I’m not happy. I’m hoping there’s a resolution to this issue or, at the very least, some troubleshooting I can do on my end that’s not already covered in my PS3 manual..

+ adray69 on January 24th, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

I used to be able to use the store Via remoteplay to my ps3 from my vita but the new store killed that. And now this store doesn’t support the vita’s browser. Do you have any plans to make it compatible on the vita? I usually think about using the store when the tv is busy thus I don’t end up buying anything because I can’t get to my ps3. I hope it gets fixed seems like a no brainer considering the vita is a Sony device.

+ USCCM on January 24th, 2013 at 8:14 pm said:

But we still need a credit card to redeem trial PS+ vouchers, right?

+ undertaker9999 on January 24th, 2013 at 8:20 pm said:

Just a shame that all these new features including using paypal on the website is coming towards the end of the PS3′s life cycle but I guess could look at it like this good stuff for the beginning of the Playstation Orbis :)

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on January 24th, 2013 at 8:21 pm said:

best news ever! keep going!

+ GMFCO311 on January 24th, 2013 at 8:39 pm said:

Nice! Love the web store. Mush easier to use than the PSN store on the PS3 itself. I’m pretty sure PS will be getting a LOT more sales from this just because of this feature! Can’t wait til you guys implement the automatic downloading! Keep up the good work PS team!

+ xBuTcHeRx on January 24th, 2013 at 9:03 pm said:

Please integrate paypal into the PSN store on the PS3, SONY EU has had it, its embarrassing yet again that SONY NA is behind with not even about good PS+ games but a better, secure, more efficient feature. Please and thank you.

+ Fardeenah on January 24th, 2013 at 9:05 pm said:

the store is nice @grace @morgan. when will the media go support the downloading of vita games on pc. would prefer downlaodfing vita games on pc and then transfer it over on the vita instead of downloading directly from vita as vita has a very bad battery life….

+ raydeen on January 24th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

There’s no reason in 2013 that you can’t allow your websites to be used by linux users with modern browsers. What an abject fail.

+ D-Squad3 on January 24th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

So can you please fix the horrible new store on the PS3? It’s super slow, clunky and has bad framerate. Not even close to being smooth as the old store.

+ FielVeredus on January 24th, 2013 at 9:41 pm said:

Blessing to paypal !

+ djspinal on January 24th, 2013 at 9:45 pm said:

+ wheskeydean
Can we watch video through this?

+ Morgan Haro
=>However<=, we are currently developing an in-browser video player for PCs and other features that will likely speak to your question.

This is very exciting to me! A streaming option would be the icing on this media cake! This with the upcoming save files migrating to servers in Home, makes me very hopeful.

Now theres only 5 things I still need to happen. It sounds like a lot but I'm hopeful.

1. Entire catalog of PS One, PSP and Mini's must be supported on Vita
2. Sortable List of my PURCHASES
3. Migrate ALL SOE accounts to SEN and give all funds spent credit to SEN wallet.
4. Allow all games to be played on PC (Allow online Cross play between PC and Consoles).
5. Allow access to Playstion Home directly from PC AND PS Vita

I may be shooting for the moon here, but hey I love this platform! I get really distressed when I hear things like "We haven't made a profit in 5 years" , and the stuff I'm asking for, even needs to be addressed. I also realize that things like this, to be done right takes time. It may not sound like it, but I'm still patiently waiting for the best to smash the rest.

+ destruction1983 on January 24th, 2013 at 10:28 pm said:

THANK U VERY MUCH AWESOME I LOVE PS3 =D

+ SpooNManX on January 24th, 2013 at 10:55 pm said:

can you please look into the LOG IN ERROR with mobile devices?
Everybody seems to be getting the same errors and this has been going on for weeks now.

Also this new store doesn’t work on iOS devices.
Are you purposely blocking these devices??

+ TheUndertaker85 on January 24th, 2013 at 10:59 pm said:

@djspinal: Glasswalls said in a comment on one of the Home blog posts that there aren’t any plans for PS Home to support PS Vita… I wish too. I asked about it and got a direct answer though.