PS4-Infamous

Introducing the New Sony Entertainment Network Online Store

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 24, 2013 // Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store on the web

We’re excited to announce today’s launch of the new Sony Entertainment Network online store, allowing you to browse and buy PlayStation Network games, add-ons, movies, TV shows, and more for PlayStation 3, PSP, and PlayStation Vita through the web.

Following the redesign of the PlayStation Store, the new online store offers similar filter and sorting features — making it easier than ever to find what you’re looking for and discover new digital content.

Here’s how it works:

1. Sign in to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ with your Sony Entertainment Network or PlayStation Network username and password.
  2. Browse or search for PlayStation Network games, add-ons, movies, TV shows, or whatever else you’re looking for.
  3. As soon as you buy what you want in the online store, it will be added to the “My Downloads” section in the PlayStation Store on your PS3, PSP, or PS Vita for you to download and enjoy!

Still have questions? Click here to check out the FAQ for the new Sony Entertainment Network online store.

There are more features in the works for the online store – including automatic remote downloads – so stay tuned for the latest.

Also, in case you missed the announcement last week, you can now use PayPal to fund your PSN/SEN wallet via the Sony Entertainment Network account manager on the Web.

+ SpooNManX on January 24th, 2013 at 11:06 pm said:

I’m hoping you can sort out your Download List on the web version of this.

It’s maddening tying to scroll through 2,000 items to download a game from a couple years ago!
It takes about 10 minutes just to scroll through.

+ The_Dukenator on January 24th, 2013 at 11:12 pm said:

@148 I hope so. Xbox.com Purchase History can be sorted into categories.

@106 That was kinda suggested for Xbox as well.

+ TheUndertaker85 on January 24th, 2013 at 11:22 pm said:

There’s the link. No PS Vita integration planned. I had hoped that maybe we’d see something LBP Cross-Controller like with the menus for emotes/preset phrases displayed on the screen to make those things easier. Then just put a mic talk button on there so when held mic chat can be initiated. After that it’s just mapping everything else where it is on the Dualshock so Vita could control your avatar & Home interactions.

+ Logan22 on January 24th, 2013 at 11:46 pm said:

The new store site should be easy to implement filters for the Download List under account management.
Add download list filters on the web alongside the automatic remote downloading update please! These 2 features go hand in hand with each other!
Peace :)

+ Heratiki on January 25th, 2013 at 12:08 am said:

Man I was really hoping I could use this on my Linux (Ubuntu) based Laptop. Guess I’ll have to wait as I don’t want to have to rely on workarounds that might invalidate my purchases or cause for issue with my account. Thank you anyways Sony I’ll keep checking.

+ R-O-Ofaliss on January 25th, 2013 at 12:13 am said:

This will be my new method of buying content, because the new PlayStation Store SUCKS.

+ emoarthur666 on January 25th, 2013 at 12:17 am said:

hello grace chen I just added $60 to my wallet just to pre order metro last light but ive been getting errors saying im not eligible I don’t know whats going on and its making me angry sorry I didn’t know where else to go for help

+ GameQuirks on January 25th, 2013 at 12:26 am said:

I have tried adding funds through paypal and it is not working.

+ malex67us on January 25th, 2013 at 12:27 am said:

Disappointed I can’t use store through my iPad or Linux pc but at least I can access the website by using the Xbox’s browser!

+ kdiep on January 25th, 2013 at 12:36 am said:

Would you guys consider shortening your domain name. Writing sonyentertainmentnetwork is pretty long and I’m sure it’s bound to cause people to make typos too. And btw, calling one of your groups SNEI (N and E is switched?) doesn’t help either.

Anyway, excited about the website launch. Been wanting this for some time and looking forward to the automatic downloads. May it come sooner rather than later. Especially considering PS Store no longer supports remote play.

+ malex67 on January 25th, 2013 at 12:40 am said:

for those with ipads and want to access the store, download the puffin browser app on ipad. Seems to work ok. There is a free trial available and is also good for watching flash content.

+ Elvick_ on January 25th, 2013 at 12:44 am said:

Now enable auto-downloading and I’ll never have to see the POS store on PS3 again.

+ phoenixkissme_PA on January 25th, 2013 at 1:18 am said:

This is better, because the PlayStation store on the PS3 are very slow and have so much error that I cannot stand for it.

Now I will not use the PS store on my PS3 to brows games and buy games, because it is very slow and give me a lot of error. I will use the web browser to buy my PS3 games instead.

+ Logan22 on January 25th, 2013 at 1:45 am said:

Also, when the automatic remote download feature is implemented, please make sure things like game videos and wallpapers can be downloaded remotely as well right off the site. I want it to be at the point where eventually I wont have to go into the PS3′s store for any reason at all. Its just far too clunky and slow where as this is smooth like the old PSN store. And given how long its been, I suspect the the new store wont be able to improve from where its at now, where as this web site could have all kinds of tweaks and improvements relatively fast and easy.

+ GosthDerfel on January 25th, 2013 at 2:21 am said:

Can’t acess the Store site with Linux :(

+ Linklex7 on January 25th, 2013 at 2:37 am said:

This is pretty cool. Plus it kind of makes up for the current PS Store on the PS3, which can be a drag to get through at times. The most requested feature from me though would be a filter list for the Download section. I’ve had the PS3 for years now. My download list is over 1500 items long and can be a pain to go through just to find one thing, especially if its bonus dlc. Anyway, thanks again for the new web-based store, I find it pretty awesome.

+ sanji_blue on January 25th, 2013 at 3:33 am said:

Ok, that’s great, but PLEASE, add the functionality to upgrade my sub-account to a master account. That’s all I ask for Playstation

+ KnightRid on January 25th, 2013 at 3:46 am said:

This is AWESOME!

I complain a lot but having the store online so we do not have to use the clunky thing on the PS3 is just amazing. Store on the PS3 is so slow, jerky and just plain ugly. I hope the search is better online also.

Now about that auto download feature ;) Seriously, who let this be released without that feature? Sony, Sony, Sony, you have such good ideas but you never implement them to their full potential, you just tell people “We are working on it”…*sigh*

Still the online store has got to work faster than the ps3 store so I will deal with it for now to get my free plus games….about the European vs US release…oh wait, thats been discussed and ignored ;)

+ joefranco85 on January 25th, 2013 at 5:26 am said:

looks really better than the ps3 system (is a crap in the ps3).

+ UltimateDisco on January 25th, 2013 at 5:53 am said:

Am I the only one experiencing this?

I hadn’t had time to queue Foosball 2012 as part of this week’s Plus promotion on my PS3 (Was able to download to Vita day of), so while working, I saw this blogpost during my break and logged in to queue up Foosball 2012 on my PS3.

However, I was prompted with a “You are no eligible for this content”. Thought it must have been an error with the new online store, but when I got home and tried on PSN on my PS3, I got the same message from the PS Store.

Is something wrong with this transaction??? I wonder why it worked smoothly with my Vita but not with my PS3. Very strange.

+ DAT_BOY_KEV on January 25th, 2013 at 6:00 am said:

Keep up the good work Sony!!!

+ GrViper on January 25th, 2013 at 6:08 am said:

Huh… when did the work start on this store? There’s no filter PS2 Classics category, even though there are games listed as such.
That, and PSOne’s Medal of Honor is still missing, so it’s probably not a glitch. *sigh*

+ skyczy08 on January 25th, 2013 at 6:16 am said:

THE LINK IS BROKEN. great job sony

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on January 25th, 2013 at 6:44 am said:

This is awesome news, thanks for doing this! I’ll just echo what everyone here has already said, and I know you already said you’re working on it:

1. After purchasing something on the web store, users should be able to push the download to their PS3s and Vitas if the systems are in standby mode.

2. Mobile-friendly web store. Whether you release a native app or just make the web store work on smartphones and tablets, the ability to browse the store on something other than your desktop PC is very important.

+ PayneKiller1509 on January 25th, 2013 at 6:50 am said:

It needs automatic download for us Plus users at least. Otherwise I dont see much point if I still have to log in to the store and check my downloads.

+ Feiwaltan on January 25th, 2013 at 6:59 am said:

When are we going to get a better way to manage out downloads?

For someone who has had the system since nearly launch, its really difficult to find anything in there anymore.

Having to go through over 400+ items in a list form is extremely gruesome and waste of time.

Ideally the my downloads should be broken up into categories such as: demos, add-ons, themes, avatars, psone games, psp games, psn games, ps3 games.

This would actually make the list easier to use and functional.

Hope that this gets added.

+ Gamebuilder on January 25th, 2013 at 7:07 am said:

Its about time….but ummmm could you guys make that url a little shorter, like some thing with no more than 5 letters and easy to remember.

+ GrViper on January 25th, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

@173, Gamebuilder
It’s all part of the plan to filter only the loyal fans. The infirm will type in the first “s” and then think “you know, adding ‘tore.steampowered’ gets me stuff much quicker”.

+ PayneKiller1509 on January 25th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

@ Feiwaltan
I also have this issue, its a pretty major one too. It’s gotten to the point where I use a second account to download demos so I don’t pile up my already humongous list. So hard to find anything especially on the PS3. I just went to look for my Hot Shots Golf add ons, made more sense for me to go to the game page than scroll thru 600 items and trying to remember exactly when I bought it.

+ ANGRYFEAR5 on January 25th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Is Dead Space 3 on PSN the Limited Edition? I don’t know who to ask.

+ musicman182 on January 25th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Wow, I know where I’ll be buying all my new stuff :) It’s about 10 times faster than the new store on the PS3 and much easier to use. Love it! I’ve been waiting and hoping that something like this would come along.

+ Foggen on January 25th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

Browser checks are always lame, but ones that can deny access to a site are the absolute worst. I’m just going to assume that denying Chrome on Ubuntu is a mistake made by a developer and not a deliberate design decision, because that would be actively stupid instead of just sloppy.

+ Busca-Cabezas on January 25th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

PAYPAL!!!! YES!!! ONLINE WEB STORE BROWSING!!!! YESSSS!!!!! Now this is a huge new STORE ADD ON!!! Keep it up guys!!! Woot! Woot!!!! :DDDDDD

+ dh4645 on January 25th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

it’s about damn time.

+ The_Dukenator on January 25th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

@168 We didn’t get this store until now. AU had it for like a couple months now.

@176 No idea. Might be just the standard.

+ Ben-Pinto on January 25th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

That’s a great news!

+ VanKoRn on January 25th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

This is amazing. It’s so damn great. It’s so much faster and more convenient for me. Thank you! I love it!

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 25th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

And can you let us change our avatars without using our PS3s? Like using our vitas, or now through the new online store.

+ Wintermute9001 on January 25th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

@153

I did the same thing yesterday. Added $60 to my wallet, went to pre-order Metro Last Light, and on the online store I am told I am not allowed to purchase or download the content. Through the store on PS3 it just says there was an error. Really hoping someone sorts this out. I emailed support but have not heard back yet.

+ Satnamji on January 25th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

I would love to see a Wish List feature added to the PSN store. So when I’m browsing, and something catches my eye, I can save it to a wish list for later purchasing consideration if I’m not ready to pull the trigger just yet due to other gaming priorities. Thanks!

PS: love the Paypal option!

+ NashTheSlash on January 25th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

This doesn’t work on Ubuntu or Android devices with any browser. I presume this is Microsoft Windows only? Or Win/Mac only? Sony is really Windows centric sometimes.

+ ArshrAAm on January 25th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

The site looks great. What I’d really like to see is a better download list. I recently changed PS3s and found it to be a real pain sorting through my 400 downloads. Base games and DLC are spread all over the place. It would be great if it could even tell what I’ve already loaded on my system.

+ FatSuit on January 25th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

1. Are you able to gift stuff to other people like with Steam?

2. If you buy something from the store, will it automatically download to your PS3 overnight if you have PS+?

3. Anyone else think the regular PS3 store will see a major drop in use now that there’s a web version of it (since it’s so much easier to use)?

+ WCKidRock on January 25th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

This is awesome! Thank you!

+ ChaseHammerJ on January 25th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

Glad to have an internet store again.

I do wish you would revert back to the old store layout on PS3 though. The new store doesnt work well at all. I never can find what Im looking for and the new look is just horrid.

Sigh.

+ StarkENT on January 25th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

Doesn’t work on my CR-48 Chromebook. Disappointed.

+ WKQQRocker on January 25th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

@Grace – Are you serious? Making it easier to find and download stuff? Hahahaha. That’s far from the truth. Ever since they remodeled the playstation store on the ps3, It been nothing but harder to find anything. And it take a good 3 mins to even load and open up. It’s a total joke and unusable. Whoever bright idea it was to remodel it and make more like xbox live should be fired. I have serveal friends who hate the new sstore too. And, Have the same issue with it. Just proves sony never listens. If they did, We’d have a the old store back. And, As supvic & pantheman16 said, It’s garbage, And need to be changed back. Also another thing I hate is the movies be in the games section and vice versa. all that does is confuse users and cuase them to buy the wrong thing. and as supvic said, If it’s not broke don’t fix it. I serious doubt i’ll get a reply back. Grace, Glasswalls, Joystick Warrior always blow what i say off and never reply. so, I know I wont et a reply this time either. Cuase they dont care.

+ xClayMeow on January 25th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

YAY! I can finally “purchase” the PS3 PS+ IGC games in case I ever get a PS3. PS3 owners were always able to buy the Vita games, but us Vita users were left out!

+ Senjutsu_Dav on January 25th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

One thing is lacking, it’s automated downloads after you buy something online. I would love it. Right now, I just tried and bought something from the web, it’s really well done and useful. But I’ll have to remember to download the game when I get back to my ps3. I would really love if my PS3 could download it automatically when it updates the saves/games every morning (PS+).

^_^

+ titoboy666 on January 25th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

Wow good job! Very easy to browse and well designed. Now what you need to do is add descriptions, screenshots and videos to every single item in the store. Just having an icon and a price and having to fetch all the extra information elsewhere is a pain in the… I’m sure that it would boost sales.