PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus: Sign Up For a 1-Year Membership, Get 3 Months Free

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 28, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PlayStation Plus 12+3

We’re continuing to bring you great offers here at PlayStation to start off 2013 right, and our latest deal can help you take advantage of everything PlayStation Plus has to offer for the rest of the year and beyond. For a limited time, we’re giving you three extra months of Plus at no additional cost when you sign up for a one-year membership.

The time to become a PlayStation Plus member couldn’t be better. We ended 2012 with the addition of PlayStation Plus and the Instant Game Collection on PS Vita, for a combined savings of $2,472 for the year. That includes free games and discounts for both PS3 and PS Vita, and we’ve got plenty more plans for PlayStation Plus in 2013. Yesterday we released our brand new Classic White PlayStation 3, which comes with a huge 500 GB hard drive (plenty of room for your Instant Game Collection). The Classic White PS3 package also comes with a voucher for one year of PlayStation Plus — if you redeem the voucher during this special promotional period, you’ll receive the bonus three months of free games, discounts and exclusive features through PlayStation Plus. And those of you who are already reaping the benefits of PlayStation Plus are in luck—you can stack your membership to take full advantage of this great offer!

This deal won’t be around forever, so make sure to act quickly. We’ll be offering the PlayStation Plus 1-year (+ 3 months) deal starting now and running through March 4th. Oh, and don’t forget to check PS.Blog later on, when we’ll have more Plus news, including a new addition to the Instant Game Collection.

See you on PSN!

+ Fury7 on January 28th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

So will the rest of us who bought it a week-month ago be out of luck? D:

+ shikigami78 on January 28th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

is this only for new members? i renewed my plus services the 22 of this month–and i got a ‘welcome to ps plus’ message, will i get 3 months added?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I’m afraid if you purchased before 1/25; you wouldn’t have had the extra 3 months added. However, this is not only for new members, as current members can use this offer too.

+ DaGimp13 on January 28th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

to those that complain about PS+ being lesser than on the vita, you do realize its a mainly PS3 service which was EXPANDED to give love to Vita users too, right? it’s not all about vita, and if thats what you thought, you were mistaken. if you don’t want the service to feel lessened because you don’t own PS3, then go buy one…you won’t feel so slighted against then…

I know it sounds harsh, but it’s the reality of the service. it’s mainly PS3 geared, and Vita only users crying unfair is pointless. until Vita has sold even a 1/4 of the amount of PS3′s ever sold, and has developed a comprehensive library of titles, the service will continue forward as it has been. no amount of crying will change that. if you don’t think it’s worth your cash, don’t spend cash on it….but again, if you have said cash, save it up, buy a PS3, and stop whining about only receiving a fraction of the love….just buy the PS3 and get all the PS+ love.

+ nolo451 on January 28th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

Well, this is a nice treat. I’ll renew March 1st for sure. Eagerly awaiting tomorrow’s IGC update. :)

+ nolo451 on January 28th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

LOL, I bet this deal puts a damper on those that wanted to cancel. :P

+ lisatsunami on January 28th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Great news. Mine goes to 2014 but that’s not too long now, so I’ll re-up for another couple years. Thanks, Playstation.

+ LABARONX on January 28th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

@97 sleeping dogs is pretty much bargain bin at this point too…. just like half of the stufff na/eu plus members always get

+ kdiep on January 28th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

Do I get 3 extra months if I buy a voucer/card at the retail store or is this PS Store only?

+ AltairBioshokero on January 28th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

Cool story bro, but where is the store update for PS+?
And hope it’s good, because europe is getting SLEEPENG DOGS! and last time you gave us Foosball…. so…. yeah, that game sucked….

+ Xx432 on January 28th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

Give us sleeping dogs and I’ll definitely get plus for a year

+ hookem722 on January 28th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

Is there any way to tell on the new SEN store what your Plus subscription status is? Just bought another year of Plus and want to make sure it added on correctly. Thanks.

+ snakeman07 on January 28th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

Great news, my sub was ending on February 10th, so I’ll be upping soon :)

+ goldenratio13 on January 28th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

@LABARONX.

Sleeping Dogs Pricing: Amazon-$39.99, Gamestop-$49.99, Walmart-$49.99, Target-$39.99, Best Buy-$49.99

Please provide a link to the “bargain bin” where you found this game. I sure as hell can’t find it.

+ boomstickbhg on January 28th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

@105 Were arkham city or motorstorm apocolypse bargain bin? Not in Canada/where I live.

They also get a ton of discounts on AAA games (far cry 3. new need for speed etc… all discounted upwards of 75% last month.) The fact they cost more doesn’t change the fact that after the discount it was 25-30$ canadian to buy them.

EU constantly gets a much higher quality of games and discounts. Even if as you say ‘half’ the stuff is bargain bin, the other half isn’t. We don’t get that other half.

Haven’t seen sleeping dogs under 40 here except the occaional sale and it wasn’t released that long ago.

+ MatheusRuggeri on January 28th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Waiting for the update’s post, tomorrow we will have some new game for Vita, right?

I really hope for Mortal Kombat, or maybe Unit 13.

+ Ldrofmn on January 28th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Awesome!!! My subscription is about to run out, this is perfect timing!!

+ LABARONX on January 28th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

111 that’s weird i just picked up sleeping dogs on 360 $15 dollars brand new saturday at my local best buy… in a sales bin in the video game section…. must be based of certain stores….. my mistake

+ boomstickbhg on January 28th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

I wonder if EU has been getting the far superior deals for Plus because game developer just prefer the EU region, or is it the other most likely option, the EU Soiny staff just works harder…

+ LABARONX on January 28th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

arkham city has been as low as 15 dollars for the standard and not game of the year edition as of last june ive brought 4 copies at that price since

motorstorm apocalypse is nowhere to be found in my city

not trying to insult anyone….. just saying sometimes it’s better to shop around then wait for plus especially considering arkham city was never offered for igc in us

+ VerceR on January 28th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Hi Morgan! , this is all for this week??? really?? we need games, no more subscriptions, if sony can give more games , more users will subscribe to the ps plus, we need games like europe ps pluss, sleeping dogs is Awesome!!!!! im very disagree with usa ps plus

+ goldenratio13 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

LABARONX

Yeah that is weird. I just called the Best Buy in my area and the guy nearly laughed in my face when I quoted your price. I’m not saying you’re wrong and not trying to be disrespectful here, but I don’t see it. However, you did say “sales bin”, not “bargain bin”. In my neck of the woods (Chicago) those are 2 different promotions. Sales bins always go back to original price once the sale is over, while bargain bins are priced permanently until they run out. If you just happened to catch a sale, then I don’t think its fair to label it a bargain bin game.

+ Rex_Keeble on January 28th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Is this also valid in México and Latinamérica?

+ ps_n_blog_ac on January 28th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Time to buy a life time worth of PS+

LOL nah maybe just 3 purchases i’m sure next year they’ll have a other 1+3 bonus ;)
Gotta love PS+ :)

+ AceMcgee420 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Can you subscribe to EU if you live in America?Cuz our games SUCK compared to what theyre gettin..Sleeping Dogs needs to come our way..I want 15 months of their Plus

+ LABARONX on January 28th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

@119 then i admit i’m wrong about sleeping dogs and i apologize…..

i brought the ps3 version at full price on release in august and saw the 360 version for 15 dollars and thought they were giving them away due to lackluster overall sales…..

+ shikigami78 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

@DaGimp13

well said lol, it makes more sense when it’s thought of as an extended service to the Vita

+ DeaderThanDead on January 28th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

So are we going to get shafted on content again this month? EU members are getting Sleeping Dogs.

+ palermo1886 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

I’m sorry for the swearing in my other comment,i guess i was a bit mad LOL

+ Welmosca on January 28th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Oh what a unlucky…My Plus just renewed automatically 01/11…damn.

+ NickMulder on January 28th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

This is a great deal but I’m really hesitant about buying :/ with PS4 so close, I don’t want to buy this and find that this membership won’t be on my PS4 :/

+ Wizman87 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I have a feeling Sony is going to keep feeding us unwanted PS+ content for the next few months until they announce the details on their new (albeit, rumored / leaked) console system at E3 later on this year. When E3 debuts, I’m sure Sony will have quite a few new updates in store for the PS VITA and PS3. In addition, Sony will more than likely promote their PS+ service for both console systems during the same panel as well. Rest assured, I’m sure Sony still has something up their sleeves to surprise us with for the following months to come, perhaps more in regards to the better content that we’ve all been waiting on. Though, I have to say, this last month hasn’t been that bad at all as far as PS+ content updates are concerned – and finances go for Sony! In my most honest opinion, 2013 is really starting to look good for all of us (including Sony). Perhaps we’ll see Sony further fulfill its promises that they made last year even more-so in comparison to this year with the release of more PS1 and PS2 classics (for PS3 and/or PS VITA).

+ Wizman87 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

What I’m really looking forward to more than anything else is having Sony bring out further Remote Play support between the PS3 and PS VITA. If Sony gets Remote Play working properly with older classic game titles, then there will be no need to re-release them on the PS VITA (though, I really hope Sony releases the classics on both systems either way for people that don’t have a PS3, and also for those that want to stay portable). Coming from a business perspective, I’m just saying Sony has the option to do that for convenience’s sake, even though that wouldn’t be wise on their part for the convenience of their consumers and player base. Also, I have to add that I’m really awaiting the classic releases of the Phantasy Star Portable (PSP) series, Crash Bandicoot (PS1) series, and Tomba 2 (PS1) classic game titles on the US PSN Store – for PS VITA, especially. If the day comes for them to be released, I will be overjoyed beyond content, lol!

Anyways, lets all hope Sony pulls through for us this year! ^o^

Thanks Morgan for the update! I can’t wait to see what other updates are coming out later today!

+ DarkOne_PR on January 28th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

ok i got my membership not even a month ago for the first time…. do i get the 3 months? pls answer!

+ igorrocks2 on January 28th, 2013 at 11:03 am said:

@Morgan be my hero of the day say that I get this deal by extending my subscription on 01/27/2013 @ 01:58 PM CST it seems that way because it should have expired in May now its August 2014 Hirai san make this service available day 1 on the next gen worldwide…..Member since 2010 day 1 and will support it further saved a lot of money lost count already bought Inferno DA 2 and every dlc in one breath price many bet one breath Section 8 Kilzone 3 map packs at funny price LA Noire Ultimate RDR DLC oh so good to remember what it all started on please continue you should implement ranking system in plus 3 years and counting savings lol

+ Souledge94 on January 28th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Hey I have a question. I just suscribed agian like 2 weeks ago. Do I still get this offer or did I do it to early?

+ GGCAN on January 28th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Something strange going on with this.

I had a membership since day1 (2010) and my renewal was in Aug/2013.

I purchased online (pc at work) this package and it did state 3 mths fear with the 1 year.

I’ve just checked my account online and it says renewal date is Aug/2014…..

Should it not be Nov/2014 ? (1 year plus 3 mths is Nov/2014).

I’ll check on my PS3 tonight, as maybe the online database isn’t updated as yet.

Please advise.

+ GGCAN on January 28th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

fear = free from my above post.

+ TwinDad on January 28th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

@DonkeyKongKilla

Interesting thoughts. I don’t think they advertise the sales for the whole month on EU PS+. I thought they only listed what was being retired and what is incoming for PS+ giveaways. Advertising a sale too early would kill all sales and wouldn’t make publishers too happy.

+ igorrocks2 on January 28th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

@129 Now Sony didnt take on me unexpectedly I collect 300 bucks already for new gen system but no rush will look on reaction around if its good will get first SKU if so so will wait until 2nd because in manufacturing cycles first two are usually worth every penny Microsoft is huge exemption with RROD I bought my brother 2nd sku it as load as lumber cutter because of cheap plastic.. can’t judge for Super slim as I don’t have it just please meka white firs production colour of Orbis

+ Destinys_Memory on January 28th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

Okay, so heres a question. I just renewed my PS+ subscription: In my Services List the new date + the 3 bonus months are reflected… But on the Information tab on the Plus games I have downloaded to my Vita, the old expiration date is still there. Will that date change automatically once my renewal begins or will those games lock on the old expiration date?

+ angibri2000 on January 28th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

Morgan, do you happen know if we get a PS+ card or PSN voucher code if we redeem our points through Sony rewards. I believe I have enough to pay for a full year now but don’t want to miss on this if they physically ship me a card.

+ igorrocks2 on January 28th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

@138 dont worry it will be updated once old sub runs out what Morgan told me before and he was right

+ Kchow23 on January 28th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Wow! this is rather unfair, I got a White PS3 on Friday and redeem the 1 year PS Plus code and now I won’t get the 3 extra months? :(

+ Destinys_Memory on January 28th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Ah, I see. Thanks for the response, igorrocks2. I was worried that I would have to re-download those games or something. Great deal, BTW.

+ Xan-Diesel on January 28th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Morgan,

I’m cool with stacking PlayStation + and I will! Here’s a question for you … would PlayStation + membership carry through to PlayStation 4?

+ Kedaro on January 28th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Wow this truly sucks for people that forked out to keep their subscription to plus going only a couple weeks ago when most subscriptions including all free bonus months from the ‘PSN down situation’ gotta’ love that timing, I much preferred buying my year addition to the first year of plus when you guys sent me an email near the end of the term saying … Hey if you keep it going you can get extra months(or was it cheaper price)… but now you wait until after it would have expired to offer this… wow. not cool.

Was it the plan to see how many people would stack an additional year after renewing just to get free 3 extra months? To see how much wiggle room you have?

I’m delighted that you’re offering people who haven’t given a crap about plus, or possibly even promoted or supported plus with their $$ these excellent deals, while us die-hards have to fork out and extra $50 now to get as good a bonus… Kinda offended actually. I’m gonna’ go play on steam for a bit.

+ TwinDad on January 28th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

@boomstickbhg,

I suspect the former, which helps the latter. PS3 sells best in the EU region, those sales numbers help keep the PS3 in check with others systems sales numbers over the life of the generation. It’s hard to ignore as a publisher a larger user base for free content when the hook is to get them to purchase DLC or another one of your titles. It’s easier to sell to a publisher having millions more people to buy your content. I also equate it to SCEE does a much superior job of advertising the PS3. I’ve seen PlayStation ads on several different stadium for soccer in different countries.

+ ro-kurorai on January 28th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

thanks for the explanation, Morgan. I’d gladly add another 15 months to the swervice. Looking forward to more Vita games added to the IGC. NGS+ is an awesome start into 2013.

+ trustyourpilot on January 28th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

Hey Morgan,

Will this work in Canada as well?

Morgan Haro's Avatar