Paragon

Jan 28

Jan 28

PlayStation Plus: Sign Up For a 1-Year Membership, Get 3 Months Free

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PlayStation Plus 12+3

We’re continuing to bring you great offers here at PlayStation to start off 2013 right, and our latest deal can help you take advantage of everything PlayStation Plus has to offer for the rest of the year and beyond. For a limited time, we’re giving you three extra months of Plus at no additional cost when you sign up for a one-year membership.

The time to become a PlayStation Plus member couldn’t be better. We ended 2012 with the addition of PlayStation Plus and the Instant Game Collection on PS Vita, for a combined savings of $2,472 for the year. That includes free games and discounts for both PS3 and PS Vita, and we’ve got plenty more plans for PlayStation Plus in 2013. Yesterday we released our brand new Classic White PlayStation 3, which comes with a huge 500 GB hard drive (plenty of room for your Instant Game Collection). The Classic White PS3 package also comes with a voucher for one year of PlayStation Plus — if you redeem the voucher during this special promotional period, you’ll receive the bonus three months of free games, discounts and exclusive features through PlayStation Plus. And those of you who are already reaping the benefits of PlayStation Plus are in luck—you can stack your membership to take full advantage of this great offer!

This deal won’t be around forever, so make sure to act quickly. We’ll be offering the PlayStation Plus 1-year (+ 3 months) deal starting now and running through March 4th. Oh, and don’t forget to check PS.Blog later on, when we’ll have more Plus news, including a new addition to the Instant Game Collection.

See you on PSN!

Add Your Own

GGCAN said:

January 28th, 12:00 pm

Made and error in my @134 post.

I mentioned a renewal of Aug….it should really have been June…I read the numers wrong…..06/08/2014.

It had been June 2013 and then today I purchased the 1 year plus 3 mths at 49.99.

This should have given me a new date of Sept 2014, but it’s stating June 2014 online, which only equals a 1 year subsctiption and doesn’t take into account the offer being promoted on the blog of an additional 3 mths.

As mentioned above, I will check online later today.

If it’s still the same, I will contact customer services and inquire.

GGCAN said:

January 28th, 12:02 pm

@147 trustyourpilot .

It works in Canada as well.

I had bought a 1 year plus 3 months a couple of years back and I’m in Canada and got the offer.

trustyourpilot said:

January 28th, 12:17 pm

@GGCAN

Thanks!

Xaveri28 said:

January 28th, 12:17 pm

I just bought the new White PS3 without knowing about this. I’m so happy to learn that I get to stack my current 3 month subscription with an additional 15 months.

This news just made my year.

Xan-Diesel said:

January 28th, 12:24 pm

I suck. I just saw your response to + Dark_Yoda_313 and now I can’t delete my post. In fact, I’m making it worse by posting this. -1, Xander. -1!

Pikmologist said:

January 28th, 12:24 pm

Can I just add this to my current subscription that expires in June?

Pikmologist said:

January 28th, 12:26 pm

Random, but Rayman Origins for Vita or PS3 in Instant game Collection could be nice :)

dh4645 said:

January 28th, 12:37 pm

damn i just renewed 3 weeks ago until 2014, guess i could get the free months and be good through april 2015

Sangetsu-II said:

January 28th, 12:44 pm

I would get ps plus if it weren’t for the fact that I have to add my credit card info, I will do anything BUT add my credit card info on any console :/

Barborah_FL said:

January 28th, 12:44 pm

I am prolonging :) very good offer :)

tusunami said:

January 28th, 12:48 pm

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah gettin this fa sho

GGCAN said:

January 28th, 12:52 pm

Just an FYI to all.

I called Sony customer services today, as it appears I only received a year instead of a year plus 3 mths.

They told me to check tomorrow as well as my mail on the PS3 as a Redeem code may be coming to handle the extra 3 mths.

If I don’t get the email or online notification by the end of this week, they mentioned to call back to customer services and they will fix the issue.

Just wanted to advise others in case they may get the same error….could be the database is just slow.

Kedaro said:

January 28th, 1:09 pm

Morgan Haro, Ok maybe I’ve come at this the wrong way over the past hour or two…

Let me be a little more polite, perhaps that’ll be the route to at least hear your toughts or feedback on it.
Does Sony want die-hard plus subscribers like myself who are mildly offended that they miss out on 3month free if they don’t double stack their plus subscription to get this deal for having updated their subscription recently to not forgo a subscription closure…(deep breath) …to be hesitant when considering updating ‘said’ subscriptions in the future… ?

Please reply.

DasRequiem said:

January 28th, 1:19 pm

I wish I had an easy way to know how much time left I have of my subscription. I’d like to take advantage of this promo

Kedaro said:

January 28th, 1:36 pm

Anyway I’m done complaining atm, but I think i’ll hold off next time on renewing, just in case you guys try to pull this crap again.

If you’re a potentially new adopter of the plus subscription reading this right now, Don’t take my words as a deterant, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS DEAL NOW!!! The plus subscription is and always will remain a great/better deal than any other service out there you know what I’m talking about.

Consider me fighting for something I love. not disgruntled because I hate it or something.

xClayMeow said:

January 28th, 1:45 pm

I do not foresee a reason why I wouldn’t renew my PS+ subscription when my year is up, so I’ll probably go ahead and take advantage of this deal and stack it with what I have remaining (so glad you can stack and Sony isn’t saying a “screw you” to existing subs!).

Besides, the fact that NGSP was this week’s IGC gives me faith that the PS+ selection committee actually has some business/marketing sense. Even though I don’t know if it’s a game for me (we’ll see!), I’m very glad is was added to the IGC.

ShadowMimic said:

January 28th, 1:54 pm

So if I have a 3 month subscription to Plus and I buy the 1 year subscription does it stack? I’m asking since the last time I went from a year to 3 months my account got screwed up and i lost plus for a while.

saab01 said:

January 28th, 2:06 pm

I wish this was Buy 1 year of Plus get 6 months free. At least some people who don’t have plus already may jump on board with this promotion.

saab01 said:

January 28th, 2:08 pm

I cant believe Europe Plus is getting the game Sleeping Dogs I wish the US plus would get it also.

shikigami78 said:

January 28th, 2:09 pm

@Morgan(comment 100)

aww man…..that sucks, but that’s okay..cool update though for the 29th

Shadowbhiemes said:

January 28th, 2:28 pm

I got my subscription in December, but it’s awfully tempting to go and add another year already with this.

CaptainRadical said:

January 28th, 2:32 pm

Still not worth it

Ricky7250 said:

January 28th, 3:21 pm

Ok so little problem, and I hope the mod can clear this up for me.

I had plus which was going to expire in February, I just purchased a $50 card from amazon then used it on my account which worked fine, went to add the PSN+ One year sub, which worked fine (This was all using the new web store here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games ) went through checkout and all that and it was all good. Wallet now says $11.06 which it should, but when I click on account settings, I noticed in my home ( https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/home/index!display.action ) it has $60.05 in my Wallet instead. Under purchase history it has the PSN+ One Year purchased in the history, I checked a game on my vita to see when it expires and it’s saying next month when it originally was going to expire. IS this just a simple fact that I just have to wait a little bit for it to apply? Or did I do something wrong?

destruction1983 said:

January 28th, 3:37 pm

thank u awesome deal but i verly got mine but anyway im still buying it again but i expect more awesome free games on playstation plus

JimmyChaos said:

January 28th, 3:41 pm

But won’t some of us already playing the PS4 by then? lol

Quest1962 said:

January 28th, 3:54 pm

Come on people! Is this the first thread you’ve ever been on? Read ALL the posts before asking something! Al out everything has been answered already. Sure, 4 pages is a lot. But you are just making it longer!

I love this deal. When Plus first rolled out, I waited to see what it would become. I bought in during the first 12+3 months offer, and have been Plus ever since.

My favorite feature of Plus, which has not been mentioned here yet, is the EARLY BETA ACCESS! Playing God of War Multi was awesome!

SpooNManX said:

January 28th, 5:06 pm

Nice deal.
I’m already subbed until 2015 :)

PS

P L E A S E F I X T H E L I N K

For logging in on mobile devices such as the iPod Touch/iPhone web browser.
It always brings you to a broken link and makes it impossible to leave a comment without the use of a computer.

P L E A S E F I X T H E L I N K

GGCAN said:

January 28th, 5:47 pm

@161 – DasRequiem

If you own a PS3….to find out how much you have left.

On XMB, go to Account Management.

Click on Transaction Management.

All the way at the bottom of the next page, click on Services.

Scroll down until you find Playstation Plus.

Then click on that and you will see how much time you have left.

CRiMS0NREMAiNS said:

January 28th, 5:47 pm

Of course this special started TODAY… Last night around 1900 CST, I purchased my first one year PS+ subscription. Is there any way possible that I’d be able to take advantage of this great special offer?

SolduNuts said:

January 28th, 5:48 pm

Well you guys have secured a sale here. I have been waiting for a deal like this since you guys gave away Jurassic Park with the one year Plus membership, but this has more value to me anyways. Good job Plus team and keep up the good work.

Sold.

GGCAN said:

January 28th, 5:50 pm

For Vita owners:

Start up the PS Store.

Click on continue.

In the right hand bottom corner, touch the …….

Select Services List.

Find Playstation Plus and click on it to find time remaining.

Hope that helps.

Scrufferton said:

January 28th, 5:51 pm

Morgan-

This is a fantastic deal, and I seriously tempted to re-up my PS+ subscription again.

I do have a quick question though: I was looking at picking up another PS3 console for the house, and I was looking at the upcoming Classic White Instant Game Bundle package, which supposedly comes with a year of PS+ (click here for reference: http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Instant-Collection-Bundle-PlayStation-3/dp/B00AASQJAM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=24G72K19Z8JC8&coliid=I39R9PW4ADJA16&psc=1).

Can you clarify whether or not the year of PS+ purchased as part of the above bundle would also qualify for the extra 3 months, so long as it is purchased and activated prior to 3/4?

freshprincepbg said:

January 28th, 5:53 pm

Will this work on an EU account too? I want actual quality for my subscription

icy1007 said:

January 28th, 6:29 pm

I just bought 12 months of PlayStation Plus on January 22. Does that mean I miss out on the 3 extra months?

Nogib said:

January 28th, 6:47 pm

I *just* threw on 1yr of PS+ on Thursday (1-24-13). Any way I can get a good faith extension of this 3 month promo? Had I known it was coming I would have just waited a few days! Can’t help but feel a little ripped off.

Quest1962 said:

January 28th, 6:54 pm

Mine expires in April this year. This is perfect timing!

I think I will be buying 2 years, and won’t have to think about it until October 2015!

xdingo said:

January 28th, 6:56 pm

I also bought 12 months on 1/22, lured in by the 13-for-13 sale. I chatted with Sony support on 1/26 when the 3-month bonus offer first appeared on the website and PSN store. Their only response: too bad, you’re not eligible for the promo. It’s really frustrating that Sony is penalizing those of us who got excited by and subscribed during the first couple days of the 13-for-13 offer.

T1NGO said:

January 28th, 7:11 pm

Hi, Morgan,

Great update, but I’ll probably miss some of the discounts for this week. I subscribed to the Playstation Plus , but for some reason they didn’t add the three bonus months,so I just called customer service and they told me to wait between 3-5 days because I purchased three games to see if they can do something about it. Hope they fixed it because this is my first time I subscribed to Plus and I love it. Morgan if you could look into this issue I’ll be very grateful.I have the confirmation number if you need it.

ReloadObsession said:

January 28th, 7:14 pm

Need to get PLUS!!!!!

swissmr said:

January 28th, 7:19 pm

I’ve been a member from the introduction of PS Plus and like that I have had incentives for each renewal.
1st: Free Jurassic Park Game with renewal (i liked it, was gonna buy it anyway) 2nd: had “spend 100 get 20 back” promotion got it then. 3rd (now): get 3 months free which is a saving of $12.50. I’m not going to stack since at least yearly that have some sort of deal tied to renewal and undoubtedly will continue to do so.

I do have a question for Morgan but I never can get on here fast enough for the first 1-2 pages where he actually will respond. Competing xbox live just had a very cool giveaway for its 10 years anniversary where they gave members who subscribed for ten years a limited edition Xbox for free. Since PSN is a much superior paid program in my opinion, Will they have something like that down the road for the loyalists? (me :)

PrimeroIncognito said:

January 28th, 7:53 pm

@freshprincebhg

You know what else EU (at least most of Western Europe) has? Better food, lower crime, less archaic laws, superior governments, better educational system, more stable economies, more satisfaction in the work force due to less stressful labor requirements, cleaner air, less poverty, higher quality of living, less uptight people, superior standard technology and internet speed, and of course… the best part… lots of topless chicks everywhere. So why aren’t you complaining to the US government about all those other things? Why only cry to Sony about video games?

Finishr said:

January 28th, 8:04 pm

so it only works on 1 yr subs? what if i redeem 4 of my 3 months ps+ cards? does that count?

hpz82 said:

January 28th, 8:12 pm

oh man i should have waited, i rejoin psn plus on Friday!! any way I can still get the 3 months extra?? would be a nice

IVANBARROK said:

January 28th, 8:38 pm

@Morgan Haro

I still have six months of subscription, if I buy a new period of 12 months, these will be added to my 6 months? It is correct to say that I would have 21 months?

lkRaven-X said:

January 28th, 9:07 pm

I don’t think this deal is worth it compared to what the EU guys are getting. I’m switching to EU PS+. Bye bye US.

Pabloo1010 said:

January 28th, 9:29 pm

Will probably get this next month when I pre-order God of War: Ascension!

PrimeroIncognito said:

January 28th, 9:52 pm

15 months for $50 = $3.33 per month.

I can’t believe some people are actually haggling over three dollars and some change. Ridiculous. Even my thrifty penny-pinching grandfather would have laughed at you whiners and your supposed “morals” (when he was still alive). As if $4.17 per month wasn’t cheap enough, you now get more months with this promotion, and pay even less per month.

I think I’m going to go ahead and finally jump onto the Plus bus, even without the ability to purchase the free games. This offer is too good to pass up. The cloud storage alone is worth $3.33 per month. Of course I’m going to wait until the last day though… :)

Arth said:

January 28th, 10:01 pm

What happens if you redeem 4 3-month Playstation Plus cards? Will that count as a year’s worth and qualify for a 3-month Plus membership extension?

phoenixkissme_PA said:

January 28th, 10:42 pm

JROD0823 said:

January 28th, 10:52 pm

It sure is about time we got this deal again. Europe gets sales on plus all the time, this gesture from SCEA is at least heading in the right direction.