PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus Update: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 28, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

January is almost over, and we have one more Plus update for you, but first let’s reminisce on this month’s offerings, shall we? Plus member freebies included NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, Darksiders, Mega Man 9 and 10, along with Foosball 2012, and we there were some awesome deals with the 13 for ’13 discounts (last day is today). Topping it all off was access to the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta, and the 12+3 Plus promotion where you can buy one year of Plus and get three extra months at no additional cost; which is active right now.

We’re sending January off by welcoming Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for PS Vita, free for Plus members! There are also some amazing PSN gems at fantastic prices that you may have missed. Read on and enjoy the update, which takes effect when the PlayStation Store updates on January 29th.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita to purchase, or click here to get instant access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

January 29th PlayStation Plus Update

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

One of the highest-rated action games is back and better than ever. Experience a new way to play one of the finest editions of Ninja Gaiden Sigma with motion & touch controls, tons of content, and new challenges to test even the toughest ninja. Be warned though, Ninja Gaiden is a tough game, but the feeling of mastering the combat and handling your foes is second to none.
Madden 13 Sale (PS3 and PS Vita)

30% off for PS Plus members

With the Super Bowl right around the corner (go Niners!), our friends at EA are happy to help everyone get ready for the big game by offering both PS3 and PS Vita versions of Madden 13 for 30% off.

Madden 13 (PS3) – Original Price: $41.99; PS Plus Price: $29.39
Madden 13 (PS Vita) – Original Price: $27.99; PS Plus Price: $19.59

Gatling Gears (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

When the Empire begins its reign of destruction in a thirst for natural resources, it’s up to Max Brawley, a retired Gatling Gear pilot, to stop them. Together with his niece and his trusty Gatling Gear unit he must fight his way to the heart of the Empire and eliminate the destruction at its source. Grab the game that IGN.com called “a joy to play”, at a steal of a price.
Section 8: Prejudice (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.00)

Pick up this sci-fi first person shooter with dynamic combat at an amazing price. In Section 8: Prejudice, every decision drastically impacts the battlefield. Discover the sinister series of betrayals that threaten humanity’s survival in the single-player campaign; or battle up to 32 players in multiple game modes as you complete a variety of Dynamic Combat Missions.
Greed Corp (PS3) (US and Canada only)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Why share when you can have it all? Greed Corp is an online multiplayer strategy game in which you battle for dominance over a world once rich in resources. In order to prevail, you must exhaust all remaining resources to build an army, and use the depleted collapsing terrain to your advantage. An extensive campaign mode and multiple unlockables are also waiting to help you prepare to take the battle online.

Let us know what you think of this week’s update in the comments below, and remember to vote in the poll to help us see what you’re excited about from this week’s update. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to chat about (or start one yourself). See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-29-2013

PAGE 1 14 15 16

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

@Lazo87 – Did you even go thru the whole conversation bfore when we talked abt genre? Please go thru them bfore making comments without knowing whats going on.This is no way helping anyone other than being a good troll post! Not being mean, just my opinion.

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

@melodicmizery – So whats ur suggestion to get quality games?

+ Lazo87 on January 30th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

@Sab_krit

Read every word but you can have any opinion you want i seriously could care less. Just because i disagree with you that makes me a troll? Surveys are all well and good but it all depends on the sampling populate and as it stands now a populate with an infatuation with crap like call of duty i wouldnt trust that data as accurate as it may be.

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

@Lazo87 – LOL, U still didn’t read the previous posts. No use, U just want to be troll. Be a troll. Happy trolling! Until u read the whole conversation, ur comments on voting will be just a troll post. I am not going to explain what was going on from the begining who joins in the middle of the conversation for the purpose of trolling.

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

@Lazo87 – I am not calling you a troll cuz u disagree with me. cuz even RE4LNOiZE_42 disagrees but he was from the begingin of the conversation, but u joined in the middle and put in some irrelevant comments abt the whole conversation, that is called trolling.

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

@Lazo87 – Ur comments maybe true but when seen from the context of the whole conversation, its irrlevant and basically begging to restart the whole thing from the very begining. If you dont have patience to go thru the whole conversation, why would you want to join in the middle of something and talk something irrelevant to the ongoing conversation?

+ Lazo87 on January 30th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

No trying to restart anything i was just adding MY opinion on having the majority choose the games but you found the need to act as if you own this whole conversation and anything not congruent with your ideas are unacceptable.

+ SandBryz on January 30th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

I dont like this, because i dont have a ps vita, i will buy ps plus soon but i dont like the idea of get ps vita content in side of get ps3 content. You should make 2 differents service of that or something, because i think is gonna be a kinda annoying the idea of get ps vita content when i dont have one and be paying for ps3 content.

Anyways great service, i´m still waiting to see more better games like EU Version.

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

@Lazo87 – Dude, u r going nowhere by not understanding and repeating the same stuff. Ur opinion on voting is fine, but the conversation is just not that. You are trying to restart everything. Your opinion on something which is not being discussed is what unacceptable.

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

@Lazo87 – If you want to start something, please go ahead no problem. But stop trolling other conversations, fruitless!

+ Lazo87 on January 30th, 2013 at 2:11 pm said:

@Sab_krit
Who said i wanted to have conversation with you lol when i do i name you but in that instance i didnt hence it was not aim at you but instead AGAIN it was just my damn opinion but you seem to think everything revolves around YOU and everything must be in the context and flow of you present conversation. I sure do apologize for confusing this with a public sony comment section when in fact its a “Sab_krit ” comment section. Again sorry for my misunderstanding there.

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

@Lazo87 – I am sry that I didnt understand you were commenting on a non existing conversation because sony never made a statement of getting a voting for games. I thought you were trolling MY conversation with RE4LNOize, when you were ofcourse making a public comment on a non existing conversation! LOL I am sry I didnt’ think that u might be one of that kind who just makes some random comments, oh wait yeah still that is called trolling. Now I know u were not trolling MY conversation, I will let go of it. You keep trolling this page for all I care:D.

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

@SandBryz – Look at comment 120 and 129. That might answer some of ur questions!

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

Your applogy is accepted. But still trolling does not help anyone even if it is not MY comment you were trolling! LOL

+ Lazo87 on January 30th, 2013 at 2:31 pm said:

@Sab_krit

Now i see why you are so upset with me i made fun of your game. You are one of those bozos who buy call of duty year after year and think its the best game out there lol

+ Lefoul-123 on January 30th, 2013 at 3:40 pm said:

Nothing for ps3, not even a good discount, I mean you own the rigths to a lot of games and yet you discount just one crappy game.

+ sab_krit on January 30th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

@Lazo87 – LOL! Dude u play all soccer games, Now I understand y u r mad on everyone. your dad doesn’t buy u any games meant for above 18 audience. No wonder u talk like a kid annoyed over his dad for not buying him games which his friends get to play. but still dont understand y ur dad bought u GOW! Even ur comments prove that u r not matured enuf to have a valid conversation. *facepalm* dang it wasted a good chunk of time with a kid.

+ Lefoul-123 on January 30th, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

Next thing you know europe gets GTAV and we get another PSN game discount.

+ Lazo87 on January 30th, 2013 at 4:13 pm said:

@Sab_krit
i think someone has me confused lol its sad that you are too inept to analyze a profile. 1/85 = 0.01%

+ meFreeman on January 30th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

Now this is some decent plus update.

+ avluis on January 30th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

OK guys, let me answer this PS+ US or EU debate:
If you like this place, http://goo.gl/maps/KewCr, then get PS+ for US and keep your PSN Blog posts on this url:
If you like this place, or live in it, http://goo.gl/maps/7xq5a, then you get PS+ for EU and keep your PSN Blog post on this url:
I don’t care if you can’t seem to know the difference between region deals and licensing but at least stop comparing the services.
The only way that Sony will offer the same games for both regions is for the Playstation Store to implement this as a whole, meaning, one PS Store for the whole world.
I would personally love that since I will be able to import my games straight from Japan into my PS Vita and PS3 and maybe PS4(if it doesn’t come crippled).
Think about this, I’m not pointing at anyone specifically, but think about what you complain about every weekly update and instead complain about the issues that lie underneath.
PS+ can be a hell of a lot better, but if what is running it in the first place is no good, then why do you think the offspring will be any good (This comment is not aimed at any CEO or COO or Manager or whatever, so keep your bashing or trolling away from it).

+ ProfessorGerbik on January 30th, 2013 at 7:35 pm said:

Thank you PS+ Ninja Gaiden is freaking hard but I love it.

+ psycho_maniac189 on January 31st, 2013 at 6:38 am said:

this month sucks

+ sab_krit on January 31st, 2013 at 6:55 am said:

@Lazo87 – lol the way u mention my id and say someone got u confussed is so funny and yep 1/85 = 0.01% but 1/100 is 0.01% to be exact.

+ sab_krit on January 31st, 2013 at 6:56 am said:

lol someone is actually a battlefield fan that’s y he’s so angry on COD cuz his favorite franchize is always second best in that genre year after year and will be always.

+ sab_krit on January 31st, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

@psycho_maniac189 – Y this month sucks?

+ Sevyne on January 31st, 2013 at 7:57 am said:

Man are you really still trolling in here sab? Thought you would have moved on to one of the other updates by now.

+ sab_krit on January 31st, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

@Sevyne – I am interested only in the plus update :). I am not a troll to go at every post which is of less interest to me and post there. :)

+ whiteboygenerus on February 1st, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

There wasnt any good games for ps console users in January for ps+ besides the discounts……….17bux for 3 months isnt bad though, hopefully february brings some good deals, Ps+ uk has way better free games.

+ ArmyGuyVince on February 2nd, 2013 at 1:41 am said:

In the past three months, not a single game appeals to me. We all have different tastes, however, playstayion america has not released a decent AAA title since i have subbed and after this expires, i will no longer sub due to the crap titles and support. I am very disappointed that EU gets all these great titles while SCEA can’t afford to market AAA titles above 15 dollars. I know you do not control the ability to release game morgan, but these titles are poo!

~ AGV ~

P.S I don’t read peoples’ comments so say what you like, but it will never see my eyes haters.

+ ArmyGuyVince on February 2nd, 2013 at 1:45 am said:

Also, instead of releasing one title for PS3 or for only PS Vita, release titles that are multi platform as previously done! Releasing a PS Vita game when PS3 is HUGELY MORE USED is the worst mistake ever! Vita users will love it but us PS3 Players will be annoyed with it..

(let the flame wars begin)

P.S i don’t read other persons’ comments so don’t waste your breath!

+ ArmyGuyVince on February 2nd, 2013 at 1:49 am said:

garbage game and a waste of my money and time. support PS3 as i will now throw out my vita or sell it at a scrap yard! all my ps vita games suck so far…..

P.S; hater comments incoming!
P.S.S I dont read comments after i post so i dont plan on reading what you have to say after im done posting this

+ ihenshin on February 2nd, 2013 at 10:53 pm said:

Pls add Unit 13 for Vita Im begging you! Asia PS+ have this game already

+ jrq_1 on February 3rd, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

Nice addition to PS Plus, thank you Sony!

+ parogar on February 4th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Hey guys. I don’t know if you actually read the customer feedback/responses here, but I just wanted to post this anyway. I recently subscribed to Playstation Plus (one week before you made Ninja Gaiden Sigma free), and I was very, very on the fence about it.

Anyway, it was more than worth it, and I just wanted to give a warm, heartfelt thanks for giving us Vita gamers an AAA title like Ninja Gaiden Sigma for free. It was such a wonderful surprise when I went to the PSN store and saw I was able to get this entire game for nothing more than the cost of my PS plus subscription. I remembered this game fondly from when I owned it on a PS3, and it’s every bit as good on Vita.

I’ve already logged like 10+ hours into it, and I’m going to get back to it now. Again, I don’t know if you guys read these comments, but a sincere thanks from New York for this wonderful offering!

+ lucamibel on February 5th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

ive been traying to download ninja gaiden since came out on plus.
but i always get an error and it dosnt start the download. ;(

PAGE 1 14 15 16