No Man's Sky

PlayStation Plus Update: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 28, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

January is almost over, and we have one more Plus update for you, but first let’s reminisce on this month’s offerings, shall we? Plus member freebies included NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, Darksiders, Mega Man 9 and 10, along with Foosball 2012, and we there were some awesome deals with the 13 for ’13 discounts (last day is today). Topping it all off was access to the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta, and the 12+3 Plus promotion where you can buy one year of Plus and get three extra months at no additional cost; which is active right now.

We’re sending January off by welcoming Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for PS Vita, free for Plus members! There are also some amazing PSN gems at fantastic prices that you may have missed. Read on and enjoy the update, which takes effect when the PlayStation Store updates on January 29th.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita to purchase, or click here to get instant access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

January 29th PlayStation Plus Update

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

One of the highest-rated action games is back and better than ever. Experience a new way to play one of the finest editions of Ninja Gaiden Sigma with motion & touch controls, tons of content, and new challenges to test even the toughest ninja. Be warned though, Ninja Gaiden is a tough game, but the feeling of mastering the combat and handling your foes is second to none.
Madden 13 Sale (PS3 and PS Vita)

30% off for PS Plus members

With the Super Bowl right around the corner (go Niners!), our friends at EA are happy to help everyone get ready for the big game by offering both PS3 and PS Vita versions of Madden 13 for 30% off.

Madden 13 (PS3) – Original Price: $41.99; PS Plus Price: $29.39
Madden 13 (PS Vita) – Original Price: $27.99; PS Plus Price: $19.59

Gatling Gears (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

When the Empire begins its reign of destruction in a thirst for natural resources, it’s up to Max Brawley, a retired Gatling Gear pilot, to stop them. Together with his niece and his trusty Gatling Gear unit he must fight his way to the heart of the Empire and eliminate the destruction at its source. Grab the game that IGN.com called “a joy to play”, at a steal of a price.
Section 8: Prejudice (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.00)

Pick up this sci-fi first person shooter with dynamic combat at an amazing price. In Section 8: Prejudice, every decision drastically impacts the battlefield. Discover the sinister series of betrayals that threaten humanity’s survival in the single-player campaign; or battle up to 32 players in multiple game modes as you complete a variety of Dynamic Combat Missions.
Greed Corp (PS3) (US and Canada only)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Why share when you can have it all? Greed Corp is an online multiplayer strategy game in which you battle for dominance over a world once rich in resources. In order to prevail, you must exhaust all remaining resources to build an army, and use the depleted collapsing terrain to your advantage. An extensive campaign mode and multiple unlockables are also waiting to help you prepare to take the battle online.

Let us know what you think of this week’s update in the comments below, and remember to vote in the poll to help us see what you’re excited about from this week’s update. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to chat about (or start one yourself). See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-29-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 16

+ Welmosca on January 28th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Oh thank God is Sigma Plus because I already have Sigma 1 and 2 on PS3…big Ninja Gaiden fan here…this is an great update…also been waiting for a discount on Gatling Gears…$2.50?…now I’m definitely getting.Might get Section 8 for $5.00 too.Great update.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

Thanks, glad you’re enjoying the update! Tough to pass up a number of those games at those prices

+ Yoker_Royal on January 28th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

what about the ones without a vita? -_______-

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

If you haven’t played the PS3 games that are discounted this week like Gatling Gears, greed Corp, or Section 8, they’re certainly worth checking out at those prices. $5 footlong; or awesome game? lol

+ joefranco85 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

wow an excellent gift for vita owners, like me XD
would be great if sony give us a selection of games like 13 for 13 like ps3

+ YogiYahooeys on January 28th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

No new PS3 game this week? Sure would have been nice if NGS had been offered for both Vita *and* PS3, seeing as the game is available on both platforms.

+ snakeman07 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Nice! Finally get to try out a NG game :)

+ TinCannEd on January 28th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Wow, I missed that is was for Vita, as well Deekman. Nice week for PS+, also there is the Get a year of PS+, Get 3 Months extra free (Until March 3). Good for me since mine expires on Feb 9.

+ castonph on January 28th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Not a huge fan of the genre, still haven’t finished Dynasty Warriors from launch. Nevertheless going to try it out, nice to see some Vita titles. Thanks!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

I’m happy with Ninja Gaiden for Vita!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on January 28th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Nice! more Vita love.

@Morgan: Have you guys ever considered giving the Skype app an IM feature? I honestly feel like its lacking it & it’s odd that smaller devices such as phones have IM.

Thanks for the update!

+ luiz0XD on January 28th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Nice, played the 2nd one on my PS3 and now i finally get to play the first one >.< thnx you guys at PS, need to renew my pro membership and PS plus soon TT.TT

+ Superstone on January 28th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Another good update. I agree with @12. It would be nice to see free or reduced PSP games. More PSP games as digital too!!

+ CZOOM01 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

I am greatful. Had this for the original Xbox, heard this version is better, so thats good news.

Would have liked sleeping dogs or maybe even Heavenly Sword, but this is a good game, So I will take it. Thank you Morgan and PlayStation Plus Team.

+ DiegoHuXO on January 28th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

So, Vita gets Ninga Gaiden Sigma and we PS3 owners, pay for nothing….

And our dear friend EU gets Sleeping Dog…

Does that seen fare to any of you?

+ ps_n_blog_ac on January 28th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

@37

those games won’t appear on PS+ this year i believe because they were on sale awhile ago during the winter sale i think

+ CZOOM01 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

Oh wait WTF, its Vita only??? Oh my bad, thought this was the PS3 version? Why not give the PS3 version also?

If not, not a very good plus update as I don’t have a vita and most don’t right now.

+ Darewind on January 28th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

Seems like a good Plus release for all 200 of the north american PS Vita owners.I hope February has some good releases/sales for the rest of us.

+ KidCommando on January 28th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

At first I was like, oh ok, Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I already have that for my PS3….then I saw it was for the Vita! YES PLEASE!!

I swear, the value of Plus for ME is unbeatable and I will always have a membership. In fact, I’m gonna be stacking 15 more months on later today.

also, Section 8: Prejudice at $5.00 is a steal. One of my favorites as my avatar suggests.

+ krimoz on January 28th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

Sleeping Dogs next week then. (Please).

+ Superstone on January 28th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

How about discounts on movies? I would buy more movies but the prices are a little steep and the service isn’t the best(only 1 download on one console)

+ Greyline108 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I’d been hoping that NGS+ would be a free release at some point. Glad to see that wish granted. I’m definitely excited for this update.

+ lisatsunami on January 28th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

Did not expect Ninja Gaiden Sigma for Vita. Will nab that, thanks!

+ JKar275 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I’d like to see PS Plus members get discounts in the upcoming MMO shooter Defiance’s in-game store. We should also be getting discounts for any paid DLC for Defiance too.

+ Anddo on January 28th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Already own Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus.. None of those other titles interest me. EU wins again :/

+ onuosfan on January 28th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

So EU gets Sleeping Dogs and we get this?

Screwed again, thank you very much.

+ RulitoCR on January 28th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Well nothing for me this week…. What about more great games for PS3 or day 1 discount!?

+ Kikowz on January 28th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Hi, Morgan. :)

Can you say if we’ll have Sleeping Dogs free for PS+ like Europe?

Thanks

+ IconikBlo0dM0n3y on January 28th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

Shame when you get to the point where you don’t want to look at what Europe gets cause you know it’s going to blow away what we get. With that being said, I have PS Plus paid for until this June, if this service doesn’t pick up im abandoning ship.

+ StingrayX on January 28th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

Sweet! Haven’t played any of the Ninja Gaiden games =D

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 28th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

@DiegoHuXO – Again, we don’t even know what is coming in Feb yet. They aren’t getting it tomorrow. They’re getting Sleeping Dogs in a week. Compare the last update for Jan in EU to NA not the last update in Jan in NA to first update in Feb for Eu.

Is that really a fair comparison to you?

+ swisstylez on January 28th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Woo finally since bioshock 2 there hasn’t been a nice update like these one (I know GOW too but that was beta) I think it’s time to remove the dust out of my Vita and put it to charge.

+ head20 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

PLEASE O PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN WILL WE GET A 64 GB MEMORY CARD FOR THE VITA !!!!!!!!!!!! A MUST NEEDED ITEM SINCE VITA HAS JOINED THE PLUS TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ sab_krit on January 28th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

@DonkeyKongKilla But EU got Vanquish and Batman AC for december 2012 when we got only Bioshock 2. :D

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

don’t forget Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition if you’re tracking PS3 Full Games.

+ remanutd5 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

at 68 i agree, how about movies discount sony? i’d surely rent more movies on weekends if i get discounts lol

+ Ghostwize on January 28th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

I think most folks would be disappointed if Puppy Naps was free. Anyone who wanted to really play it would have already supported the developers and what have you buy buying the game. It’s a good game. Pretty lackluster after you beat it though and it is pretty short.

I would love to see something like Amalur in or Feb update. Or perhaps some Okami HD. Or perhaps Dishonored. That would really shut some folks up while enraging a whole other set of over entitled cry-baby buntings(Ni No Kuni reference!) :P :D

+ UncannySilk on January 28th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

Hooray for Vita owners. They need something new to play since the Vita is so stagnant on anything interesting to play other than Persona 4: The Golden.

I’m just gonna wait and play this HIGH QUALITY FOOSBALL, MAN.

/sarcasm

+ Red-5x on January 28th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

Hi:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus… for Plus Users and FOR FREE!
I believe this is good news. I had Ninja Gaiden Sigma for PS3 and now I will be able to enjoy this game on the road or waiting on the Movies…
Red 5.

+ Black_Dynamite19 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

If waiting for the beginning of the month to get completely new stuff, like the EU does it, gets me better games…by all means do it. They are getting Sleeping Dogs…just another tittle that the NA customers wish was part of their IGC. Such a shame that there is such a disparity as of late between the NA and EU region. I truly hope this changes. I do not feel entitled to get AAA games every week/month, but it would be nice to get closer to the quality of games that the EU region has been receiving. Other than that…the 13 for 13 sale is great. I just hope, that in the future, there is a smaller amount of disparity between the EU and NA when it comes to quality of games provided by the PS+ service…

+ NickMulder on January 28th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

Wish The Madden sale was 50% off for Plus members and 30% for non-Plus members lol but oh well :p

+ StingrayX on January 28th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Movie discounts would be hard to do, since that’s a whole other industry.

+ yowzerz on January 28th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Thanks for giving us Ninja Gaiden for Vita. I already own this game but for folks who have not tried it out yet, you’re in luck. Though a ‘port’, this game is one of the best games on the system in my opinion. I would not mind having the digital copy, and I cannot wait for its sequel next month. Quite impressive game play for a handheld system. Any word on Killzone Mercenary, Dragon’s Crown, Soul Sacrifice, Ratchet and Clank FF, release dates? Love my Vita and am getting anxious for more games thats all…can’t wait for Sigma 2 and Sly Cooper next month!

+ alx681 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

nothing for me this week. not into ninja gaiden.. and none of the games on sale tickle my fancy. (already got gaitling gears)
really hoping we will get sleeping dogs at some point in february.

+ dsigns209 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Yes Ninja Gaiden!

+ ps_n_blog_ac on January 28th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

@68
i’ve been stating that for awhile but no reply or anything (along with a special external hard drive for digital PS movies and TV shows)

when i called costumer service they said it’s because of copy rights or something like that…?

+ Xx432 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

bad update, was hoping for something better like sleeping dogs..

+ NXemo on January 28th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Ninja Gaiden is a great game, too bad that you guys are only giving the vita version!, I would like to see more PS3 free FULL GAMES and not free psn games, EUROPEAN is giving sleeping dogs, I dont like this game, but please, bring more ps3 FULL games and less psn games for us! pleaseee

+ jayrabbit on January 28th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Morgan please tell me your looking into working with eastasiasoft to get rainbow moon on the instant game collection, i have been on their forums and they want to work with you guys.

+ peruhandcrafts on January 28th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Wow, so Europe gets Sleeping Dogs for PS3 and Lumines for Vita and we get this? Don’t take me wrong, these are ok, but if you compare them to what Europe gets….

+ smoothboarder540 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

You guys need to understand. EU will not be getting Sleeping Dogs until next week. US content for February hasn’t been announced yet. But be warned now, it’s not going to be a game released within the last year. So don’t expect something like Sleeping Dogs.

+ sab_krit on January 28th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Yeah give us a hint on what ps3 retail game we might get as feb content.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 16