Uncharted 4

PlayStation Plus Update: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 28, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

January is almost over, and we have one more Plus update for you, but first let’s reminisce on this month’s offerings, shall we? Plus member freebies included NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, Darksiders, Mega Man 9 and 10, along with Foosball 2012, and we there were some awesome deals with the 13 for ’13 discounts (last day is today). Topping it all off was access to the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta, and the 12+3 Plus promotion where you can buy one year of Plus and get three extra months at no additional cost; which is active right now.

We’re sending January off by welcoming Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for PS Vita, free for Plus members! There are also some amazing PSN gems at fantastic prices that you may have missed. Read on and enjoy the update, which takes effect when the PlayStation Store updates on January 29th.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita to purchase, or click here to get instant access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

January 29th PlayStation Plus Update

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

One of the highest-rated action games is back and better than ever. Experience a new way to play one of the finest editions of Ninja Gaiden Sigma with motion & touch controls, tons of content, and new challenges to test even the toughest ninja. Be warned though, Ninja Gaiden is a tough game, but the feeling of mastering the combat and handling your foes is second to none.
Madden 13 Sale (PS3 and PS Vita)

30% off for PS Plus members

With the Super Bowl right around the corner (go Niners!), our friends at EA are happy to help everyone get ready for the big game by offering both PS3 and PS Vita versions of Madden 13 for 30% off.

Madden 13 (PS3) – Original Price: $41.99; PS Plus Price: $29.39
Madden 13 (PS Vita) – Original Price: $27.99; PS Plus Price: $19.59

Gatling Gears (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

When the Empire begins its reign of destruction in a thirst for natural resources, it’s up to Max Brawley, a retired Gatling Gear pilot, to stop them. Together with his niece and his trusty Gatling Gear unit he must fight his way to the heart of the Empire and eliminate the destruction at its source. Grab the game that IGN.com called “a joy to play”, at a steal of a price.
Section 8: Prejudice (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.00)

Pick up this sci-fi first person shooter with dynamic combat at an amazing price. In Section 8: Prejudice, every decision drastically impacts the battlefield. Discover the sinister series of betrayals that threaten humanity’s survival in the single-player campaign; or battle up to 32 players in multiple game modes as you complete a variety of Dynamic Combat Missions.
Greed Corp (PS3) (US and Canada only)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Why share when you can have it all? Greed Corp is an online multiplayer strategy game in which you battle for dominance over a world once rich in resources. In order to prevail, you must exhaust all remaining resources to build an army, and use the depleted collapsing terrain to your advantage. An extensive campaign mode and multiple unlockables are also waiting to help you prepare to take the battle online.

Let us know what you think of this week’s update in the comments below, and remember to vote in the poll to help us see what you’re excited about from this week’s update. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to chat about (or start one yourself). See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-29-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 16

+ Red-5x on January 28th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Hi:
@80 head20, don’t forget to use the “Online Game Save” meanwhile.
Red 5.

+ halo_nothing on January 28th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

I’m really hoping we get Mortal Kombat for the PS3/Vita for free through Plus in upcoming updates. LBP for the Vita would be a nice offering as well. Just sayin.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 28th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Great game for vita IGC. Personally nothing for me this week, (already have NGS+) but it’s still a pretty good week overall. Hopefully some of the vita complaints die down this week. Thanks PS Plus team!

+ DarkOne_PR on January 28th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

thanks a lot for the ninja gaiden vita! I have it on ps3 ill be sure to get it on my vita :)

+ DonkeyKongKilla on January 28th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

@sab_krit – Smiley face. Love the sarcasm I’m going to guess haha.

Honestly though, this should be a cross I just seen someone post that they enjoyed it on their ps3. Myself, I’ve only gotten to witness ninja gaiden on my brother’s 360 or reg i don’t remember which but yeah, Would love it on the PS3

+ johnnyp70 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Everyone talking about EU getting F1 & Sleeping Dogs, come real close to the screen…

THAT IS FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NA Plus will update again February 5th, ONE DAY before the announced EU games. SCEA may match on that one.

+ StealthReborn– on January 28th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Hi Morgan,

I’m just wondering if there’s any possible plans to put Sly 1,2,3 / HD collection on sale to coincide with Sly 4 that’s releasing soon. I’ve been holding off for awhile since I’d assume that could be a high possibility.

Any chance of that happening?

Thanks! =)

+ Ikaros19 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

finally a great psvita Update thank you sony :D

+ four24twenty on January 28th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Yo! So I just looked into it and it turns out Europe has vacancy! Lots! Also, tickets are available. Why not hop on a plane, you turkeys?

+ Joe-Mamuel on January 28th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

Pffff, another PSN tuesday that sucks, NG for Vita (I’ll never buy a Vita) and discounts on games that I have zero interest in…

+ ChaseHammerJ on January 28th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

Great.

Now if only you would update the vita firmware so i can delete games without it deleting my game save. Whomever came up with the concept of deleting save with the game should be fired.

+ helbertpina on January 28th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Nice! :D

+ Dreadaxe on January 28th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

The EU plus cost €49.99 which is just over $67, if you’re that annoyed by this then go and get the EU plus and stop complaining for nothing as you paying far less and getting less.

+ blakseed on January 28th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Crap, I got excited until I saw it was the Vita version of Sigma. Oh well. There’s always next week.

+ mnstrings on January 28th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

Loving all these people upset that this week’s game is a Vita game, as if PS+ is only for the PS3.

I’ll have enough fun for all of us, ok? When I play this on my Vita.

Haha, man, coming to this comments on this blog is so hilarious when the new update is announced seeing so many people cry about it.

+ KidCommando on January 28th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

EU, US, and JAPAN Playstaion Plus subscriptions are different and were never advertised as being similar or comparable.

WHAT ABOUT THIS DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND?

They are NOT the same, They NEVER were.

If you want what EU gets, then get an EU Plus subscription.

I wish SONY WOULD make all the Plus subscriptions the same and give everyone what JAPAN gets and see how happy you all are with everything being equal.

+ GStylez1980 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Very good Plus offering for us Vita owners this week! Ninja Gaiden Sigma is one of the best hack-and-slash games of this generation. It was the first game that I bought with my PS3 and it did not have trophies, so I’m gonna really enjoy going back through the game on my portable and collecting as many as possible. It’s a pretty tough game, but the combo system is one of the best in gaming. Really happy to be getting this for free with my Plus subscription…keep up the good work, team!

BTW…I haven’t played Sleeping Dogs, but I hear great things about it and do hope that it’s part of the IGC in February.

+ RyanSaotome on January 28th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

I like how when there are no Vita updates, people complain about how Sony is leaving Vita to die… and when theres a Vita update, people complain that Sony isn’t satisfying the majority of their customers who have PS3.

Its a no win situation for Sony lol

+ magicx11 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Nice PS+ Update.

+ TaLTaL55 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

I’m really happy for the vita plus members, and I hope to be one soon, but right now I only have a PS3 and when I subscribed for plus (when there was no plus for vita yet) I was promised a free game every week, where is my free game?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

There was never any statement that there would be a PS3 game every week free in Plus. But you have much to look forward to in February and beyond for great new content to play on your PS3 from Plus!

+ BNB82 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Ninja Gaiden looks interesting. Thanks for the new PS VITA game!

+ AshwinSUMRA on January 28th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Now if only you guys can update the awful ps3 browser.

+ mnstrings on January 28th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

LOL and people are seriously comparing EU’s Feb update to this end of the month NA update?

Dunces are alive and well here this morning/afternoon.

+ Xtream__Attitude on January 28th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

And of course as normal the PS Plus free games in USA/Canada Sucks… Like you always give EU Plus members better stuff and we are all stuck with CRAP nothing else.

+ sab_krit on January 28th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

@DonkeyKongKilla No sarcasm intended dude, for me Jan month was the only good month till date compared to what EU got. Now they have announced Sleeping dogs for feb, I am not sure what US is planning on giving hopefully not just bulletstorm or Just cause 2.

+ x-Kicks-x on January 28th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

After reading posts from previous plus updates and now this one, it just seems that no one is ever happy.
Are you guys really complaining about what you’ve gotten during the course of a year for $50?

I wish I got even 1/4 of this stuff with my paid xbox live subscription.

+ LABARONX on January 28th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

@117 it’s always gonna be a no-win for sony

+ Kalysm on January 28th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Might I make a suggestion? If you’re going to make the PS+ freebie on certain weeks a Vita game, would you guys please consider giving a discount or an additional free goodie to people who only have a PS3? Also, I paid for PS3 content when I signed up for Plus, and I’m slightly concerned that the games we’ll be getting on that console won’t be as great since you are putting resources into Vita+ as well. I’d like to resub with this new 3 month deal you guys are putting on, but I want to be confident that the quality and quantity of stuff that I can utilize is as good or better than it was before Vita became part of Plus. Thanks!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

I’ve mentioned it before, but always happy to mention again: PS Vita content does not take away from our ability to provide PS3 content.

+ Immortal_King21 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Why can’t we vote on what games we get for free?

+ Johnny_Leyenda on January 28th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

So NO free game for PS3 users? Are you kidding me?
Sorry, I understand people with PS+ just have Vitas, and it’s nice that they get games, but it shouldn’t mean PS3-only users don’t get anything. It’s not fair, there should be 1 vita game and 1 PS3 game every week.
I am seriously considering not renovating my subscription.

Another week with little to no worth content. I hope next month we actually get something decent like EU. Seems like you’re just joking, but it’s even worse because you’re obviously not.

+ GStylez1980 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

@ChaseHammer…Don’t see why you’re complaining. You have PS+, so your game saves should be saved on PS Cloud service. Doesn’t matter if you delete your game…just upload the save file from the Cloud when you re-install the game, and viola…you’re good to go.

No solution for those without Plus unfortunately.

+ JKar275 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

I would have greatly preferred getting Sleeping Dogs for free rather than Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus.

Please make sure that we can get either Killzone: Mercenary or Dragon’s Crown or Soul Sacrifice for free.

+ Alenth26 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Nice update, i’m a big NG fan and i love the new updates in this one, the original NG plus for the PS3 didn’t have Trophies i’m glad this version does have them.

+ Caoz_Bros_Lopez on January 28th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

Nice Update ! Never played a Sigma One, just the original on the xbox…. Is the Vita strong enough to handle the boss fights in here?

+ Kchow23 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

A good update, didn’t get around to buying Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS Vita because I already had the PS3 version… I can finally get some trophies! :)

+ CrusaderForever on January 28th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

Thanks Sony, loving the free Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus!!! Can we get Sleeping Dogs as well in February? Please!

+ regentpark on January 28th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Nice! Once PS Plus was integrated to vita. I then, stopped buying vita games :) Thank you!!!

+ gabriellegend on January 28th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

This updates are getting even worse. I think they don’t update monthly like EU because they are afraid to not disappoint everybody, like they do every week!

+ IAmLeb- on January 28th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

“We’re sending January off by welcoming Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for PS Vita, free for Plus members!”

0_0

Morgan, I love you.

+ Dan_dannunzio on January 28th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

really??? i WAS excited to see ninja gaiden until i saw you dumped all over the ps3 users by only giving out the vita version…..i paid for ps+ to get ps3 content, i dont own a vita so i dont think its exactly fair to give out only vita content if the specific game is for both systems, like you guys did with jet set radio…..now im not one to complain about this kind of stuff but it seems like you guys catered to just vita users some weeks

+ GStylez1980 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

@TaLTaL55 – When did anybody from Sony promise any Plus member that they would get a free PS3 game every week?! To be sure, Morgan stated a while back that they were working to get a free game to Plus subscribers each week. However, he didn’t PROMISE that, and he also didn’t say it would be a PS3 game every week. #GetYourFactsStraight

+ samv33 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

I’ve been wanting Sigma on my Vita, and tomorrow I shall have it. Many thanks. Great have for Plus.

+ jmwtagptd on January 28th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Because I do not own a vita I can’t help but feel left out this week. I feel like Playstation Plus would benefit greatly with the return of psone classics. These games are playable on both the PS3 and the PS vita and would give everyone something new to play.

+ PTKOZO on January 28th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Yay!
No, wait…. I don’t have PS Vita… -.-

+ bldudas on January 28th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

I never played a Ninja Gaiden game, so I will try that out.

+ myPSismyfriend on January 28th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

I hope that we get Sleeping Dogs for February like Europe. And Mortal Kombat for Vita would be nice. Other than that, good update. I never played a ninja gaiden game and this would be a nice time to try it out.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

pretty good game.. if i had a vita and didnt already have it on ps3. but oh well we got our 3 ps3 games for the month already so i wasnt expecting PS3 content… as for section 8 50% off that WOULD be enticing but im sure no one plays that anymore lol

+ Milagres_ on January 28th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

I already said this but I think I should say it again (because you did this again)
Before plus came to vita you guys said that by no means this (plus on vita) would affect plus on the PS3.

And yet, AGAIN, you give a Vita game, but no PS3 / PSN games.

And one another thing I must say again. My US plus subscription ends on august. I’m seriously thinking in changing to EU. The ‘pay 1 year, get 3 month free’ is indeed a good move. But I wont do it. You gotta win me back. You got until august.

+ Benmo316 on January 28th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Keep the Vita love coming!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 16