Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Plus Update: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jan 28, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

January is almost over, and we have one more Plus update for you, but first let’s reminisce on this month’s offerings, shall we? Plus member freebies included NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, Darksiders, Mega Man 9 and 10, along with Foosball 2012, and we there were some awesome deals with the 13 for ’13 discounts (last day is today). Topping it all off was access to the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta, and the 12+3 Plus promotion where you can buy one year of Plus and get three extra months at no additional cost; which is active right now.

We’re sending January off by welcoming Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for PS Vita, free for Plus members! There are also some amazing PSN gems at fantastic prices that you may have missed. Read on and enjoy the update, which takes effect when the PlayStation Store updates on January 29th.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita to purchase, or click here to get instant access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

January 29th PlayStation Plus Update

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

One of the highest-rated action games is back and better than ever. Experience a new way to play one of the finest editions of Ninja Gaiden Sigma with motion & touch controls, tons of content, and new challenges to test even the toughest ninja. Be warned though, Ninja Gaiden is a tough game, but the feeling of mastering the combat and handling your foes is second to none.
Madden 13 Sale (PS3 and PS Vita)

30% off for PS Plus members

With the Super Bowl right around the corner (go Niners!), our friends at EA are happy to help everyone get ready for the big game by offering both PS3 and PS Vita versions of Madden 13 for 30% off.

Madden 13 (PS3) – Original Price: $41.99; PS Plus Price: $29.39
Madden 13 (PS Vita) – Original Price: $27.99; PS Plus Price: $19.59

Gatling Gears (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

When the Empire begins its reign of destruction in a thirst for natural resources, it’s up to Max Brawley, a retired Gatling Gear pilot, to stop them. Together with his niece and his trusty Gatling Gear unit he must fight his way to the heart of the Empire and eliminate the destruction at its source. Grab the game that IGN.com called “a joy to play”, at a steal of a price.
Section 8: Prejudice (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.00)

Pick up this sci-fi first person shooter with dynamic combat at an amazing price. In Section 8: Prejudice, every decision drastically impacts the battlefield. Discover the sinister series of betrayals that threaten humanity’s survival in the single-player campaign; or battle up to 32 players in multiple game modes as you complete a variety of Dynamic Combat Missions.
Greed Corp (PS3) (US and Canada only)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Why share when you can have it all? Greed Corp is an online multiplayer strategy game in which you battle for dominance over a world once rich in resources. In order to prevail, you must exhaust all remaining resources to build an army, and use the depleted collapsing terrain to your advantage. An extensive campaign mode and multiple unlockables are also waiting to help you prepare to take the battle online.

Let us know what you think of this week’s update in the comments below, and remember to vote in the poll to help us see what you’re excited about from this week’s update. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to chat about (or start one yourself). See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-29-2013

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 16

+ purse317 on January 28th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

Good update guys but I like many did read EU is getting sleeping dogs next month. That stole the thunder from this to me and made me wonder

Will we be getting Sleeping Dogs next month if not why not /I brough tit on disc so I don’t care as uch but a major title like that should be shared with the U.S.

Second how is it EU is able to post updates for an entire month and the U.S. doesn’t. What are they doing differently and why can’t that be adopted here. I remember that survet awhile back where most of us wanted a longer update forecast.

Also why wasn’t that extra 3 month plus deal advertised like crazy. All my friends didn’t know about it till I told them minutes ago now they are all plus members 7 total 4 pending.

+ paminp on January 28th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

At last, there is some thing VALUABLE for vita!!! NINJA GAIDEN!

+ unbornsoldier on January 28th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

@fardeenah were not complaining were saying its unfair that ps had another child ps vita and we don’t want to share our freebies with him lol basically there should be 2 ps plus one for vita and one for ps3 it’s only right and only fair for both parties

+ venom845pd on January 28th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

I’m personally glad there is nothing this week all this ps+ discounts is burning a whole in my wallet =)!!!!!!!

+ four24twenty on January 28th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

Morgan, I would love nothing more than to journey into February. Are you messing with me?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

yeah you might be reading too much into that sentence =) sorry.

+ YungShep on January 28th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

@247 i mean, if its not about ps3 its gonna be vita…gamers are fickle

+ ItaChu on January 28th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

good lord hahahaha people complaining about the game and people complaining about the complainers …. its just gotten old seriously and me making this comment is also getting old ive done it a few times >.> just let people complain lol

BUY A VITA AND REFER ME! lol im kidding

+ JoeGoodsnake on January 28th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

@BlueBl1zzard

First off, thanks for the reply.

Now right off the bat, it’s not a fancy way of asking if we receive the same things. I think the reaction to Darksiders being released shows that a quality retail game can really change the environment here, even if there were still a few straggling complainers. What I intended to say was exactly what I wrote, but to simplify, I was asking if the total values are the same. I still want an answer to this, no dancing around the question.

As for evaluation of value, it can go one of only two ways:

Subjective Quality – things like whether you already bought the game, how much you like a particular game, and whether you’ve played it already or not. This doesn’t have anything to do with my argument. Subjective quality is a throw-away since it’s very difficult to gauge what the subjective needs of every plus subscriber is.

Objective Quality – things like the year it was released, current retail price, and how well received/reviewed the game was. This is an unarguable way of measuring value despite what different people feel about a game. When I talk about value I am ONLY talking about objective value.

+ JoeGoodsnake on January 28th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

@BlueBl1zzard

Whoops, forgot about the points you mad.

1) Whether you own a game or not does not come into play for evaluating value as it’s subjective. This is a moot point,

2) Nowhere did I state that I want the same games. I asked about value, you’re creating a straw man argument by assuming that I wanted the same exact games. I hope this was a mistake.

3) I completely agree with you, and while I don’t compare sales, I believe the same point about the quality of sales has been made by others.

4) Again, you’re right with this one. If I didn’t know that they were getting better quality stuff, I would be more than happy with my PSPlus account. But let’s try an analogy to better understand this:

Say you invested a certain amount of money into buying shares of an international company. Let’s also say that a European friend of yours, invested a similar amount of money into the same company as well. Now you’re very happy with the dividends you’re being paid out, but what would you do if it turned out your European friend somehow got bigger dividends than you did, simply because of his geographical location? Would you still be happy with what you got?

+ sab_krit on January 28th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

@Morgan Oh yeah Super street fighter IV arcade edition on december, totally forgot abt that. But still dull compared to Batman AC.

+ firebert42 on January 28th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

Free ninjas! Morgan, this is freaking awesome!

If you’re planning a March sale, would you consider putting Mass Effect 2 back in the mix?

+ ItaChu on January 28th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

Hey Fardeenah dont say its just for Vita cuz now its NOT just for Vita you dont need a ps3 to put games on your download list anymore the ps store is accessible from internet browsers now so you can go on your computer and get the PS3 content as well … and when you get a PS3 well you’ll have a pretty big game library :)

+ iDHUZI on January 28th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

i want slepping dogs please

+ nolo451 on January 28th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

@ iDHUZI,

I want slePPing dogs too, its so fun!!!!!

+ xandn on January 28th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Wow, I’m going to have to break down and buy a Vita – Ninja Gaiden looks like a pretty cool game, plus the half dozen or so I’ve ‘purchased’ for plus. In the meantime, I just finished Warhammer and HOTD: Overkill, and haven’t even touched Darksiders yet, so I’m good for this week.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

Well if you’re thinking about a PS Vita, at least make sure you go into the PS Store and put the Vita games into your download list for free as a Plus member. That way, they’ll be waiting for you when you get it =) You can even do it from the new online web store, so it’s super easy: store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 28th, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

@ ItaChu By the way I believe Chronovolt is the game leaving this week.

+ Redikol on January 28th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Wow! Another crappy week!!! So far, I’ve wasted my $50 for a one year extension to PSPlus… :( Thanks for nothing!

+ Bruno_Helghast on January 28th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

Wow! That’s a great Vita update. Thanks! I’ll love to play it!

+ nolo451 on January 28th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

Haha, @ Redikol, if that’s true, then my day is that much better knowing you actually think PS+ is a waste!

Thanks for helping out Sony’s bottom line! :)

+ FernandoAD on January 28th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

Great update! I am a long date Ninja Gaiden Fan. I have the 3 sigma games for the PS3, and i almost got the Vita version this week. Thanks Morgan, for make me get a divorce from my wife :D.

+ Hayterfan on January 28th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

@Morgan
Any chance we can get a ETA when Silent Hill 4 will be added to the store, I know its on the Japanese store, and the Euro store (I think)
Also will we ever see the the PS2 versions of Silent Hill 2 and 3 added to the store?
Anyway nice update, now ill have 3 games to download once I finally get around to getting a Vita (plus purchasing P4G)

+ JeanLucAwesome on January 28th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

Would rather have Sleeping Dogs..that would be an awesome addition but we never get anything THAT good.

Honestly I haven’t really been too thrilled with the updates for quite a few months, not to sound harsh but I’m probably just gonna let my subscription run out.

+ boomstickbhg on January 28th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

Wow…

Is there an older game that exists for the PS3 on the PSN right now?

NGS came out well before trophies were going on…

So it just gets worse and worse and you ignore your customers while the EU is treated like royalty.

Great way to convince people to sign up for Plus, no wonder you have to give away 3 months free to try and get customers to buy into this.

+ boomstickbhg on January 28th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Bah hit enter too soon. Yes I know it’s the Vita version but it’s not enough of a remake to be ‘new’.

+ pers1m0ny on January 28th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

I was going to leave a comment… but this comment has been set to private… just like the poll results.

So all you get from me this week is a complaint that poll results are set to private.

+ YungShep on January 28th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

@273 whats more awesome is this version has trophies!!!! and its portable!!!!! thats a win, no matter how sour you feel about it

+ Kedaro on January 28th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

@271

One of my close friends, and a once rampant supporter of PS plus, has recently let it stagnate, and did not renew, he felt the same way.

I however had continued defending it, and enjoying it (The die-hard Sony/PSplus fan that I am), and only now do I feel a little like my nose is out of joint about something, and that’s the 3month bonus deal, not applying to current members who renewed recently. I think it’s wrong. I’ve even voiced my opinion on a few relative blogs in this blogsite, and not gotten so much as a response.

I did however read that Morgan Haro told someone that if they stacked more time it would add another 3 months on there still, so effectively if that person was in my shoes, who just spent $50 renewing my subscription that hasn’t been unpaid not even for a day since i started plus. Would have to spend another $50 effectively securing 2 years of plus right now to get an addition 3 months, It just seems like the timing for that was a little… off

Sony… ?

+ tusunami on January 28th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

This be what i’m talikin about ya dig.

+ boomstickbhg on January 28th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

@275 I bought the Vita game at launch.

Don’t care for it, liked it less than the PS3 version.

Will some people like it? Sure. Will I? no.

Why do people think trophies is a selling point? Trophies are meaningless. I just mentioned them as a time reference. I’ve never bought, not bought, or changed my thinking on buying a game due to trophies…

+ Redikol on January 28th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

@nolo451 What on earth are you talking about? I have gave Sony praise many times in the past, I’ve got almost 200 PS3 games, I love Sony! However, PSPlus has been so crappy lately, I’m just giving my feedback, I didn’t say PSPlus was a waste, I said that so far I’ve wasted my cash this year, with nothing to show for it. Hopefully that will change, but I’m entitled to my disappointment and my feedback.

+ shyguyNC on January 28th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

any chance of seeing the ps3 version of Ninja Gaiden Sigma for plus members?

+ hikaricore_ on January 28th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

I was considering renewing early but the lack of a ps3 game this week makes me question that. You don’t get to just introduce vita then skip out on ps3 owners. Well I mean I guess you do, but it’s not right.. this isn’t what I signed up for.

+ boomstickbhg on January 28th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

The Madden prices are good, considering how rare it is for EA to discount their sports games until the next is out.

Of course I bought both already.

Got the Section 8 games from Plus a couple years back now…

So another recycled sale, but at least the Madden discounts are new.

+ MatheusRuggeri on January 28th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

75% off in more games would be amazing.

I still playing LBP Karting and The unfinished swan, but I need buy more games :D

+ boomstickbhg on January 28th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

Has anyone else thought about the fact that we can’t vote 0 on the ratings for posts here?

It’s always 1-5, so even if you think the post is a 0, you can’t vote lower than 1.

So for anyone who wants a more accurate assesment of the true ratings on the Blog, make sure to subtract ~1 from the numbers.

All those 2.0-3.5 over the past few months are in reality closer to 1.0-2.5, with room for error of course, but logicaly…

Yeah..

+ Alkaiser27 on January 28th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

I remember how many controllers i broke trying to beat ninja gaiden. I’m not to sure i feel nostalgic of my frustration. greed corp would be cool for anyone who doesn’t have it

+ mnstrings on January 28th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

Alright you unhappy PS+ subscribers, lets hear your “threats” about how you won’t renew if YOU don’t get what YOU want and flock to EU PS+ lmao.

Such entitlement. Would be a lot more funnier if there weren’t adults saying some of this stuff. Kind of sad in a pathetic way.

+ CZYjoeDAVOLA on January 28th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

Ninja gaiden I cool and all, but I would love to play sleeping dogs and luminus. Those are two games i realy wanted to play. It just seems like eu gets better games then us. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 28th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

@ JoeGoodsnake Some interesting points you made. Ok now to answer your question about value . Based on the definition of objective quality you gave, I’ll say while I don’t remember all of what we or EU got, I will say yes, based on the last few months or so, EU gets a higher value for their Plus service.

For my first point in my previous message to you, I was merely trying to say that I don’t see the point in people worrying about what games Europe gets for free. I’m pretty sure quite a few of these complainers can afford to go buy some of those games if they REALLY wanted them that badly. If they can’t afford it, I don’t believe they’re in the position to complain about NA Plus as if they haven’t received “anything”. It’s still a good value (whether that value is more or less than EU plus).

And I’m so used to seeing people who complain about EU vs NA Plus doing so because they want the games EU is getting. Yes I admit I though you were as well, so I apologize.

+ Souledge94 on January 28th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

you guys ever going to cut the price of the vita memory cards? I wanna buy one but its to dang expensive.

+ Kedaro on January 28th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

@281

To be fair they did just give us Darksiders and foosball, and a buncha vita games all at once not too long ago, on the content front I think they’re doing a great job and should be applauded for that, but again this 3 month deal has me urked, I’ll build a bridge out of my posts about it, and lay under it like a troll if I have to… I think it’s not right to ignore faithful plus adopters to favor new ones, solely, and the timing would suggest that they planned for us current subscribers to have to double up our time to take advantage of this deal. (I really hate being ‘THIS’ guy right now) … argh…

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 28th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

(continued) Finally I’ll say I don’t work for Sony, and I know little about the workings of businesses, but I’m pretty sure Europe being a different geographic location isn’t the only reason for us getting different content from them. It may also be influenced by things such as their customer base, buying habits, and the deals made by the team that runs it over there and stuff like that.

+ race2winnet on January 28th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

Great addition to the Vita lineup! Thanks Plus team!!!

+ wmaradey on January 28th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

Ninja Gaiden for Vita: Thanks!

+ UnholyBahamut on January 28th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

Cool, some love for the VITA.

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 28th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

@Kedaro I don’t think they’re punishing current subscribers or praising new customers or anything like that. It just seems like a case of bad timing for you unfortunately. I don’t know what day you resubscribed, but if it makes you feel any better you have an extra 3 day window.
+ Morgan Haro on January 28th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:
“I’m afraid if you purchased before 1/25; you wouldn’t have had the extra 3 months added.”

@ boomstickbhg Do you really think this post deserves a 0? Even if this update had nothing for you, it’s still something. What constitutes a 0 in your book?

+ noob365 on January 28th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

I try not to be unappreciative about ‘free’ stuff (we do pay for ps+ after all) but I will voice my downright consternation at this offering.

NG Sigma is at least the 3rd major release of a single game under yet another name, with assets and gameplay that date back to the previous generation. Anyone with ps+ and a vita seems very likely to have already played a version of this old game by now. the gameplay does nothing to showcase why the vita is a real contender in the current generation, and does nothing to add value for what must be a vast majority of ps+ subscribers who’ve no doubt either a) played a version of the game or b) decided that they are not interested.

Needless to say, I find myself a little in both camps. I played NG Sigma on ps3 last year, which I found to be a frustrating experience. Needless to say it’s unlikely that i’d put myself through that again.

Best action game of all time? maybe for some, presumably living in 2004, but for me, an early adopter of current gen Sony console and service offerings, I’m fairly sure sony can do better than this.

sorry to whine
just my 2c.

+ income1 on January 28th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

whats the deal here ,there isnt 1,,why isnt there a game for ps3 users,,why only vita? and madden discounts,why the seasons over,,theres only like 5 months b4 you take it offline,,so why bother with the discounts,,there should b a game or 2 for us ps3 users,,every1 dont have a vita!!!!!!!!!!

+ DoloQlo on January 28th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

And for Europe, Sleeping Dogs…

+ sab_krit on January 28th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

@BlueBl1zzard something? Even the votes consist of nothing for me this week. If there is nothing for them y will they vote even 1?

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 16