PS4-The Order

Cubixx Free This Week on PlayStation Mobile

Chris Mahoney's Avatar + Posted by Chris Mahoney on Jan 30, 2013 // Director of Emerging Platforms, SCEA

PS Mobile: Cubixx

Two weeks ago, we started a PlayStation Mobile promotion that offered six free games over six weeks. The first two games were Samurai Beatdown and Beats Slider. This week, we’re pleased to announce that the free PlayStation Mobile game is Cubixx. In this fun an addictive game, you have to use your laser to cut away the surfaces of a mysterious cube and free the energy within. Cutting longer lines and crossing multiple cube surfaces gives you bigger combos, but at far greater risk. This is a great old-school, highscore-chasing game with 20 fun filled levels. Ross Brierley, a game tester with Laughing Jackal, had this to say about Cubixx when it launched in October 2012 on PlayStation Moblie .

Cubixx was our first self-published title and also spawned a sequel in the form of our first ever full PS3 game, the amazing Cubixx HD. Upon release, this thrilling action puzzler was awarded 9/10 by The Sixth Axis, who called it: “massively addictive.”

Find out for yourself starting today – and at no cost! PS Vita owners will be able to download Cubixx for free on the PS Mobile section of PlayStation Store; Owners of PlayStation-certified devices can obtain it through PlayStation Mobile Store – click here for full instructions. Check back next Wednesday to learn what new free game you’ll download next!

Need more information on PlayStation Mobile? Want to know more about supported tablets and phones? Head here.

+ Manetheren17 on January 30th, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

Cool!

Question: Do you guys not put up the free game until Wednesday each week?

I tried to find it yesterday, but I couldn’t.

Not a problem if I can download it for the rest of the week, but I’d like to know for future reference.

Chris Mahoney's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on January 30th, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

Hey Manetheren17, Thanks for being our first reply. I’m here in Chris’s office and we’re going to spend some time answering your questions.

Yes, you are correct!

These are updated on Wednesdays. So check back the day after the main store update for your PSMobile fix these next few weeks!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on January 30th, 2013 at 6:44 am said:

Trophies, leaderboard , PSN integration for PSM games?

Also, where are the crackle and hulu plus vita apps?

Chris Mahoney's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on January 30th, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

These features, plus cross-save mentioned below by Elvick_, are things that we acknowledge as key asks from the PlayStation community. We’re working hard to bring as many of these to you as possible. As you can imagine, some of these take time. I know that’s not an ideal reply, but I did want to let you know that we’re listening to these requests.

+ Elvick_ on January 30th, 2013 at 6:45 am said:

Sweet, one I haven’t bought yet.

+ Elvick_ on January 30th, 2013 at 6:46 am said:

Also, please add cross saves as soon as possible.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on January 30th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

Free PS Mobile games…great idea! Here are a few I’d be interested in:

Super Crate Box, Life of a Pixel, Hungry Giraffe, Alien Breed, Haunt the House, Rebel, OMG Zombies.

+ Gorvi on January 30th, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

So is this just the Minis version put on PSM? The controls are set up like a Minis game and it even references not removing the PSP memory stick when you boot it up.

I’m not complaining, the game is damn fun, it just seemed weird.

+ Bcrazyman on January 30th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

HEY CANT WAIT TO GET THIS GAME ANYWORD IS IT COMING TO PSN?
NEED TO KNOW THANKS!

+ Nectorarios on January 30th, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

We are on a roll today, Paul. Everbody that has replied is a Plus member!

+ Gorvi on January 30th, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

@Bcrazyman Cubixx has been on PSN for a while now, it’s called, creatively enough, Cubixx HD. ;)

+ Nectorarios on January 30th, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

Wow, this game is just like Patchwork Heroes on the PSP.

+ Chaoz on January 30th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

These games have been great. Samauri BeatDown and Beat Sliders are really fun and addicting and I am sure cubixx will be as well. I know alot of people have been asking for trophies on the moblie games and I just wanted to know if that is something we can expect sometime soon? I also was wondering if the Call Of Duty Zombies game will ever make it to the Vita, I know its available on the Experia from Google Play and I would love to see it hit the Vita utilizing the Vita’s great controls. Thanks for the games and for your hardwork!

+ Chronosv2 on January 30th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Cubixx was an awesome game back as a PSMini, and it’s great even now. Basically a 3D take on the formula originally started with … Qix, I believe? Correct with that last statement or not, this game is awesome. Thanks for making it free for a week!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on January 30th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

Awesome choice on Cubixx, guys. How much memory is this gonna require though?

+ king_sora55 on January 30th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

Will these games be free when or if PSM hits the HTC phones???

+ king_sora55 on January 30th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

and will PSM ever hit my HTC one s? i know that it is one of the devices that was going to get it and i have never heard anything else about it. please help

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 30th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

Another week, another free PS Mobile game. Thanks guys I’ll be checking this one out as well!

@king_sora55 well Samurai Beatdown and Beats slider are back to their regular prices, so I’m assuming this will too come next Wednesday.

+ Dubloon7 on January 30th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

i downloaded this yesterday for free, but not so sure anymore, whether or not i was charged even though yesterday’s store update showed free.

any idea what happened yesterday?

been playing it, loving it. MUCH better than the “free” ninja game yesterday. my only question thoguh is: other than level 2, do the stages or enemies vary? it appears levels 2-6 from what i’ve seen are exactly the same.

+ gatsbygal on January 30th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Alright! This one I haven’t bought already. I was hoping the whole deal wasn’t going to be just games I had already purchased. Thanks, Playstation peoples!

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 30th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

So I tried it out, and I gotta say, Good choice guys! This is a lot of fun and quite addicting!

@Nectorarios I’m definitely getting a Patchwork Heroes feeling from this.

@ ZaGe-zAiKaNoIts It’s a little over 20MB on the vita store.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on January 30th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Lovin’ it along with Ninja Gaiden SP, you guys are putting my 16GB mem card to good use.

Sadly, we have two more Freebies left :<

+ BlueBl1zzard on January 30th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

@ ZaGe-zAiKaNo We have 3 more , Cubixx, Samurai Beatdown, and Beats slider make the first 3, and we have a total of 6 weeks.

Chris Mahoney's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on January 30th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

And I *love* the next 3! :)

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on January 30th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

@ BlueBl1zzard Ah! Silly me, why did i count Gun Commando XD.

+ Kchow23 on January 30th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Why does PS Mobile store update separately? It should update at the same time that the rest of the store does.

+ JamesBlonde777 on January 30th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

I’m not going to complain about free games, but if these are the best that PSM has to offer, I don’t think I will be spending any money in there…

+ TwinDad on January 30th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

Patchwork heroes was one of my favorite PSP games. I’ll definitely download this.

+ plaztiksyke on January 30th, 2013 at 2:40 pm said:

Cubixx HD is fantastic on PS3. my husband and I had some late nights playing the co-op campaign.

The PSM version is a definite phone-in — static background, low quality audio, etc. Still cool gameplay, and at least it’s free :)

+ Dcrazy204 on January 30th, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

Hey I want to know if I could download those 3 ps mobile game free from the psn store using the ps3 or PC..I try finding the game yesterday during the store update,I can’t find it.I don’t have a ps vita but I would like to buy one in the future.

+ Squiggle55 on January 30th, 2013 at 7:36 pm said:

Thanks again! Can’t wait to see what the next 3 are, and I’m excited to see that Paul says he “loves” the next 3!

personally hoping to get aqua kitty, super crate box, life of a pixel, or haunt the house

+ Freshh23 on January 30th, 2013 at 10:14 pm said:

PlayStation Mobile content available via the web Store so I can download them? thanks.

+ Elvick_ on January 31st, 2013 at 4:08 am said:

@29: That would be something they should look into. I’d assumed it was there, shame it’s not. Hopefully they add it.

+ AV-X14 on February 2nd, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

It’s yours for free until it forces the random Internet check. Uncle Sony is watching you…