PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Defiance Takes a Stand on PS3 April 2nd

Elizabeth Tobey's Avatar + Posted by Elizabeth Tobey on Jan 30, 2013 // Director of Community, Trion Worlds

Defiance, the upcoming massive online third person shooter in development at Trion Worlds, will be available on PlayStation 3 Tuesday, April 2nd. In a mere matter of weeks, you and your friends will brave the wilds of the San Francisco Bay Area, hunting down precious arktech, taking down mutants and alien monsters, and battling with and against hundreds of other players.

Not only will Defiance be available worldwide on April 2nd for gamers everywhere, our sister show on Syfy will launch the same month. Set in St. Louis, the series will chronicle the lives of humans and aliens in St. Louis. Since the show and game take place at the same time, both show and game will overlap the weeks pass. Defiance premieres Monday, April 15th at 9:00pm / 8:00pm Central.

Defiance on PS3

Earth isn’t a safe place anymore. After the terraforming and wars that followed the arrival of the alien Votans, it became a dangerous place, barely recognizable as the Earth we once knew. As an Ark Hunter, you’ll have a special set of skills to give you a head start in this new place, but success won’t be easy. We’ve just released a live action trailer for the game that provides a glimpse of what it’s like to play as an Ark Hunter in Defiance, as well as some of the challenges you’ll be up against. Watch the trailer at the top of this post.

Want to know more about Defiance? There are more details about the game in our previous post. You can also check out our YouTube channel, Like us on Facebook, or shoot us a question on Twitter.

+ kmkaizen on January 30th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

look awesome i give a try

+ Poloniumized on January 30th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Whoa, anyone get a weird borderlands feel from that 24 seconds or maybe even a T.K. Baha, anyone?

+ Nates4Christ on January 30th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

I’m really excited about this game. I tried Dust514 again and I had a bad time with it. I’m looking forward to this game washing the mmo shooter of that game out of my mouth.

+ Shungin on January 30th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

when can we pre-order it on psn

Elizabeth Tobey's Avatar

+ Elizabeth Tobey on January 30th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Not yet but soon. :)

+ KazeEternal on January 30th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Pass, I’ve learned my lesson in investing interest in SyFy’s little experiments.

Elizabeth Tobey's Avatar

+ Elizabeth Tobey on January 30th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

This game is all Trion, so if you are digging the game be sure to sign up for a beta to try it out!

+ XpAcErX on January 30th, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

I signed up for the beta on Trion’s site and selected PS3 as the console I wanted to beta test on. What your saying here is we get the game only at launch. Is there going to be a beta for the PS3?

+ PanTheMan16 on January 30th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Hi Elizabeth, the game looks incredible!
Will there be much PvE gameplay? I’m not much of a PvP gamer.
Also, have you done any work with Red 5 or taken any inspiration from them? The visuals of Defiance remind me of Firefall a little bit, which is the only MMO I have ever loved. :)

Elizabeth Tobey's Avatar

+ Elizabeth Tobey on January 30th, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

Yes: we have missions you can play alone or with friends in the world as well as co-op missions you can go on with smaller groups of friends. There are also things called Arkfalls that happen in the world as you are roaming and doing your thing and those take dozens of people to overcome.

+ Conaaando on January 30th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

lol trailer is broken. xD

+ ChaseHammerJ on January 30th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

I initially signed up for the PS3 Beta but was invited to the PC version. Now with that fact, the fact I have Ark Hunter levels (not sure if they will carry over to the PS3 version) now and the history of PS3 MMOs not being supported as well as the PC, I pre ordered the PC Collectors Edition. I might regret it later though.

Elizabeth Tobey's Avatar

+ Elizabeth Tobey on January 30th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

You’ll be able to reap the rewards of the Ark Hunter rewards on all consoles. We’re also all-in in terms of supporting all platforms so you’ll be seeing regular updates for the PS3 if you decide to go that route!

+ Ryokku on January 30th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

Can’t wait.

+ METLGEAR on January 30th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

I am excited for this game. I just hope we don’t get a crappy X360 port of the game… Also wondering if there is going to be a PS3 beta because the website gave me a PC beta… The video only plays about 25 sec of a 5+ min video!

Elizabeth Tobey's Avatar

+ Elizabeth Tobey on January 30th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

We haven’t revealed any info past the second beta – but if you sign up for our mailings you’ll hear as soon as we announce anything else!

+ METLGEAR on January 30th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Hmmm does anyone know why my avatar shows the zombie on the blog site but when i go anywhere else on sonys website it shows the proper avatar? Also maybe unrelated but i have noticed that the share.blog wont let me comment or anything it just stays at 0. Even my votes stay at 0… Is there a blog support somewhere i can contact? I tried using the support on this site but got an email stating that its only used for repairs for consoles and such…

+ nolo451 on January 30th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Video was taken down. :(

+ METLGEAR on January 30th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

@nolo451 it seems its back up and has the correct full video now!

Everyone enjoy the Live Action Trailer!

+ spaceboy21 on January 30th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

This game has definitely risen to the top of my interest list.

Elizabeth – is it right to think of this game would function similarly to the free roaming online of Red Dead Redemption? In other words, there are players to join/fight, ability to “posse up” with friends or strangers, and ability to come across impromptu pvp fights as well as fighting NPCs/AI?

Thanks

Elizabeth Tobey's Avatar

+ Elizabeth Tobey on January 30th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

It’s very different from RDR but yes. You enter the game and can roam by yourself. You can join up with strangers or your friends and roam or you can go do co-op missions or some more classical competitive multiplayer. Or you can be roaming around and find a Shadow War which is a giant competitive match and just queue in and start right there where you stand.

Elizabeth Tobey's Avatar

+ Elizabeth Tobey on January 30th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

There will be a beta for you in the future. Be sure to sign up for it on our website.

+ JKar275 on January 30th, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

Will the Arkfall Codes that we’re entering into the “My EGO” section on Defiance’s official website be applicable towards the PS3 version of this game?

Also, which weapons are your favorites in Defiance?

Will Defiance have any water vehicles like speedboats or jetskis?

Will we be able to pre-order the Digital Deluxe version for the PS3 on the USA PS Store?

Elizabeth Tobey's Avatar

+ Elizabeth Tobey on January 30th, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

Codes: Yes.

Weapons: check out our live stream archives at http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds but I love the biomedical gun. We also have some really weird ones that can do things like give you boils that erupt and are quite vile and that’s FANTASTIC to use on an enemy.

Vehicles: we have quads and we do have a sweet Dodge car but we do stay on the ground. :)

Preorder: more info will be coming out as we bring more retailers and options on line so stay tuned.

+ unbornsoldier on January 30th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

Looking forward to this :) hoping there is a beta for ps3

+ Zezzler on January 30th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

This game should have been announced much earlier than it was. It’s going to create next to no buzz by launch, despite how cool it looks.

+ JKar275 on January 30th, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

Thank you for answering my questions, Elizabeth!!!

I’m very much looking forward to this game & trying out the biomedical gun.

One final question: will the PS3 and the PC versions of this game be identical?
If not, please explain the differences.

Elizabeth Tobey's Avatar

+ Elizabeth Tobey on January 30th, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

Yes, they will be identical. They are on different platforms so there will be minor differences just because those experiences are different but they are the same game.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on January 30th, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

@19 umm ive known about this game since last summer soooooo yeah

+ GeoDarky on January 30th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

Already in the PC beta and am going to pre-order it once it hits PS Store, guys this game is amazing i can’t break the NDA to express how unique Defiance is.
If you are fan of Borderlands or DCUO or Mass Effect or MMOs or RPG Defiance has them all i just can’t wait for the full release.

+ GhostMachine1 on January 30th, 2013 at 5:42 pm said:

That trailer blew my mind! Is the show as good as that trailer? Anyway, I’m going to keep my eyes open now!

+ BlackSpeed2x on January 30th, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

Now is Defiance vs Final-Fantasy XIV but now Defiance just get in front :)

+ DuoMaxwell007 on January 30th, 2013 at 8:30 pm said:

@24 lol Iprefer RPGs over shooters so FFXIV woudl win for me by defaulyt but i plan on playin both lol

+ Mister_Zurkon on January 31st, 2013 at 12:09 am said:

Any Chance of PC/PS3 Crossplay?

+ DuoMaxwell007 on January 31st, 2013 at 7:09 am said:

@26 nope they already said that because of MS not wanting it they decided to make PC, 360 and PS3 all on their own servers

+ CEOIII1117 on January 31st, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

All I want is an assurance that the game will outlast the show, should the show get cancelled. SyFy isn’t known for hanging onto a show once the ratings go down. (I’d also hope the show gets moved to a different day. Monday nights = WWE Raw in my house.)

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on January 31st, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

HeyO! Update from my comments on the last thread (about pre-ordering and editions of the game).

Gamestop has images of the pre-orders and you were right about the hell-bug statue being bad…ASS.

Also, I’m a sucker for extending a game’s life, so I went with the $150 version. You can say you’ve met one Pale Wars Ronin now.

+ TSTina on January 31st, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

Couldn’t you have come up with a more original name? The only Defiance for me is Legacy of Kain: Defiance (although that wasn’t the best game in the series).

+ whyaskdouknow on January 31st, 2013 at 10:37 pm said:

is this cross platform ?

+ PEWPMONGER on February 8th, 2013 at 7:59 am said:

Are there any future plans to have a PS3/PC server? Just because MS won’t comply doesn’t mean we should all suffer. I have PC friends who I would like to play with, but my computer/video card suck and I’m positive my ps3 will play it better. Please consider it in the future as hearing it would be cross platform was one of the pulls that drew me to the game.