LittleBigPlanet 3

Tearaway: Welcome to Sogport

James Spafford's Avatar + Posted by James Spafford on Jan 30, 2013 // Community Manager

Tearaway on PS Vita

It’s been a little while since we updated you on our progress making Tearaway, but that all changes today! We recently showed some new parts of the game to members of the gaming press, and their previews and coverage of that should start appearing today across the web. We introduced them to an area of the game we’ve been working on for quite some time, and today we’d like you to see it too!

Tearaway on PS VitaTearaway on PS Vita

Just one of the stops you’ll make as you go on your delivery adventure in the world of Tearaway is Sogport, a mysterious island marooned in a deep sea of glue, and inhabited by some very fishy folk with a fearful obsession with the island’s monstrous local wildlife. See for yourself…

Tearaway on PS Vita

Last August we introduced you to iota, and today we’re really excited to introduce atoi (pronounced like the French phrase a’toi – “ah-twa” )

When you start your adventure, you’ll be able to customize the game to your liking, choosing which messenger will accompany you on your journey, either iota or atoi, and also on the shape, size and color of your god-like fingers.

Look out for previews of Tearaway on the internets today, they should hold some more interesting surprises.

We’ll leave you with one more thing – a creative challenge! We’ve put together the plans for you to make your own Wendigo mask, and what’s more, we’re running a contest – say whaaaaaat? Check out this post on the Mm Blog for info on how to make your own mask, and enter the contest. Do it now!

Tearaway Paper Mask Image

54 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ cool_trainer on January 30th, 2013 at 10:03 pm said:

Very cool!

+ RE_Player on January 30th, 2013 at 10:06 pm said:

The game reminds me of those stop motion animated Christmas specials from the 60′s. Love it.

+ Undrey on January 30th, 2013 at 10:09 pm said:

Can’t wait for this! MM you never cease to amaze me.

+ Kchow23 on January 30th, 2013 at 10:14 pm said:

This game is so awesomely unique! Really looking forward to it :)

+ Freshh23 on January 30th, 2013 at 10:18 pm said:

This game has to be the best portable game ever, it definitely can be, its published by Sony, its on the hardware of PlayStation Vita and its developed by Media Molecule, that equals best portable game ever easily.

If it can have co op and/or competitve multiplayer it has to have both offline and online, that would be perfect, exactly how it has to be, theres no excuse. :)

Also, I think Sackboy has some competition coming. :P

+ cosmis_chaos on January 30th, 2013 at 10:18 pm said:

Wendigos are scary things. Awesome.

+ Vhyra on January 30th, 2013 at 10:19 pm said:

Please give me this game now. :|

+ XEEEI on January 30th, 2013 at 10:29 pm said:

Looks good !

+ Logan22 on January 30th, 2013 at 10:32 pm said:

What if you’re black?

+ Pikmologist on January 30th, 2013 at 10:34 pm said:

Sadly I can’t watch the video because I’m on my Vita but I am very excited for this! I hope we get a release date soon. I love Mm and I know this will be good, wish the vita had more exclusives like this.

+ enricky559 on January 30th, 2013 at 10:36 pm said:

Really cool! Can’t wait to get this game.

+ Logan22 on January 30th, 2013 at 10:38 pm said:

Never mind just read the post

+ freshprincepbg on January 30th, 2013 at 10:41 pm said:

Release date? Or at least an estimated time period?

+ Welmosca on January 30th, 2013 at 10:42 pm said:

Man I have no words to describe this game.Mm I love you.

+ ps_n_blog_ac on January 30th, 2013 at 10:43 pm said:

I hope by the end of the game the message you get is a $100 PSN code LOL JK can’t wait for this game ;)

+ BlindMango on January 30th, 2013 at 10:49 pm said:

Enjoying all the new PSVita game info today! I really, really hope more Vita games are announced for this year though, I hope it doesn’t lose support!

+ ro-kurorai on January 30th, 2013 at 10:49 pm said:

Wow, thanks. This looks awesome. MM and Vita are a perfect match.

+ GranpireV on January 30th, 2013 at 11:10 pm said:

Man, I can’t wait to really get my fingers on(through) this! :D

+ Vidarcr on January 30th, 2013 at 11:43 pm said:

An absolute day one purchase from me, MM never ceases to amaze me. Does anyone knows the name of the song?

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on January 31st, 2013 at 12:00 am said:

TEARAWAY looks really fun & awesome, don’t have anymore games on my backlog for my Vita either besides Ninja Gaiden being free. So, I will definitely look forward to this.

Seeing as how you can choose between iota & atoi ( lol at the backward names ) Will this have like a Co-op mode as well?

+ aelurio1980 on January 31st, 2013 at 1:16 am said:

This game looks amazing…. I hope to launch soon. xD

+ EvilApaiUS on January 31st, 2013 at 1:36 am said:

That song~~~ warming my heart TT..TT … It’s so adorable I can’t stop listening it.

+ Itachi273 on January 31st, 2013 at 3:03 am said:

I think that song just sold me on the game

+ lisatsunami on January 31st, 2013 at 3:17 am said:

Watched the video: wow, so sold. So different, so promising of a unique, charming, new experience.

The games I’ve played lately: Ni No Kuni, Demon’s Souls, Dokuro, Wonderbook, Book of Spells and before that, Unfinished Swan, Journey, LBPV, the list goes on and on. When I watched your trailer I was reminded why I’m with Playstation all the way. Unique, artful, fun exclusives. You keep making them, I’ll keep playing.

+ MakoSOLIDER on January 31st, 2013 at 3:41 am said:

OMG! 2 Vita news in a row!

+ Schumi_77 on January 31st, 2013 at 3:42 am said:

Pretty amazing and what we would expect from a new concept game on the PSVita !!

Only one thing which make me caution : Media Molecule.
Here are my fears based on their previous games :
- How long to clear the game ?
- Will there be additional content made by MM themselves, or will it have to be generated by the community who will have to pay to keep MM game alive ?

So, for the moment, I’m restraining my excitement.

+ Elvick_ on January 31st, 2013 at 4:11 am said:

Oh mah gosh guys. You’ve really outdone yourselves. Really curious what the rest of MM is up to if just a handful of you were able to do this.

I am so excited to buy and play this game. It’ll be great. And that female character is adorable. It’s going to be hard to choose which one to be.

+ remanutd5 on January 31st, 2013 at 5:04 am said:

I have this game pre order it in my bank account lol, yeap im pretty excited to play it, i think psvita needs more unique games like this, will there be an online co op campaign? or multiplayer online of some sort? hopefully it comes out before Killzone Mercenary because Soul Sacrifice is coming out in april 30th and the next game is Killzone Mercenary in sep, so i really hope sony release more games between SS and KZM.

+ snakeeyes211 on January 31st, 2013 at 5:48 am said:

I want a release date please??

+ BALBINO1592 on January 31st, 2013 at 6:06 am said:

They could include Iota on PS All-Stars, the Level 3 could be us using the rear touchpad just like in Tearaway to kill other players! The stage would be transformed in a paper version of it and then you put your finger on the rear touchpad, follow those bastards and BAAAAM !! On PS3 we would not use our fingers, maybe use the analog sticks and finish them with R3/L3. Anyway if PS Vita could work as a PS3 controler too (for any game, as a regular controller or like it’s used on that LBP2 DLC) it would be easier to make it and even more features could be used for Vita owners. Sony you don’t sell more of it (PS Vita) because you don’t want to. And thank for me those guys that created the Wake-up Club! It’s really helping me, thanks!

+ Gorvi on January 31st, 2013 at 6:09 am said:

That looks absolutely fantastic, I can’t wait.

+ swisstylez on January 31st, 2013 at 6:22 am said:

No release date yet :( .. This game can’t come soon enough, so I can have a fun game to play on my vita…..

+ FeddeCampo on January 31st, 2013 at 6:55 am said:

Wherever i coming, will be an awesome game, can’t wait for it :).Looks very funny

+ GhostMachine1 on January 31st, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

I want to finger the hell out of this game. ;)

+ Sephir007 on January 31st, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Waiting.. not so patiently for this game… looks great!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on January 31st, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

GAME LOOKS INTERESTING ..AND THAT’S ME BEING NICE. IM PRETTY SURE IF SONY WANTS TO SELL MORE PS VITAS THEY SHOULD BE WORKING ON AAA TITLES FOR IT LIKE GOD OF WAR, GTA, INFAMOUS, A REAL MOTOR STORM, GRAND TURISMO, OR EVEN SOCOM. GAMES LIKE THESE SELL SYSTEMS..NOT “INTERESTING” GAMES. OR EVEN BETTER JUST ALLOW US TO PLAY OUR PSN GAMES ON IT LIKE SHANK, JOE DANGER OR OTHER AWESOME GAMES I HAVE DOWNLOADED ON MY PS3 – I HOPE YA ENJOED MY 2 CENTS ;p

+ YungShep on January 31st, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

all the triple a titles came out swinging this week!!!

GTA V-9/17 MERCENARY 9/17 SOUL SACRIFICE 4/30 AND A NEW TEARAWAY TRAILER..NEEDS A DATE :)

+ akaJoeTea on January 31st, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

Ugh, I love my Vita.

+ TwinDad on January 31st, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

2014?

+ omegazio on January 31st, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

i getting this game for sure tearaway & killzone mercenary the psvita strikes back know

+ omegazio on January 31st, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

i mean to say now lol

+ CZ4200 on January 31st, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

NEED NOW

+ Broccosparagus on January 31st, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Looks very good indeed, I was a little skeptical when I saw the choppy animation, then realized that’s what you were going for, a stop motion kind of look.

+ CatatonicAlex on January 31st, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

I hate how amazing you guys are. :(
Limited edition ps vita bundle?

+ boxmyth on January 31st, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

This game alone justifies my Vita purchase. Hope it comes out this year.
And hopefully you don’t go selling the voice overs as separate downloadable content…

+ WrekGar on January 31st, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

Yes definitely need a date on this cause it is a DAY 1 purchase for me.

+ djml9 on January 31st, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

I hope we get Iota and Atoi costumes for lbp.

+ SogeKing on January 31st, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

I love how the bunk eye still manages to blink! :D

+ Hooligantuan on January 31st, 2013 at 7:22 pm said:

I guess this is why LBP2 hasn’t seen a substantial DLC installment, huh.

(And no, the Move-only DLC did not count, nor those other trifles without trophy sets.)

+ Elvick_ on February 1st, 2013 at 5:01 am said:

@49: Um, yes the Move DLC does count. And Cross Controller came out not that long ago anyway.

PAGE 1 2