As the players return to the ice for the 2012-13 hockey season, so does the latest NHL GameCenter application to give PS3 users the ability to stream live out-of-market hockey games in full HD. And, just like last season, users in the United States and Canada can download the new NHL GameCenter application for free.
Yup, that’s right. Even if you don’t have a subscription to NHL GameCenter LIVE, you can still view a wide range of NHL content through the NHL GameCenter application, including features such as post-game highlights, team schedules, standings, player stats and full NHL scoreboard.
So, what do you get if you’re already an NHL GameCenter LIVE subscriber? Pretty much everything an avid hockey fan can ask for. The 2013 app features a whole new experience and a new user interface that makes it easier than ever to navigate all the games in a given day with the new current daily view, change season years to access and find previous archived games as well as see global navigation to access game stats and other data. In addition to these new features, let me run down some of the other enhanced streaming features you have access to through your PS3:
- Stream 2012-13 regular season games in High Definition (local blackout restrictions do apply).
- Watch full-length and condensed replays of current season games you may have missed (most available a few hours after they air, no blackouts).
- Select from home and away broadcasts available in HD to follow your favorite team(s), even while they are on the road.
- Follow the action from around the league with game updates in the live scoreboard and plan what games to watch using the full season calendar.
- Make the most of your viewing experience with live stats, standings and post-game highlights for all 2012-13 games.
- Pause, fast-forward, rewind.
- Easily flip between live video and browsing other NHL GameCenter application features, while the video still plays in the background.
- Relive NHL history with unlimited access to over 800 classic games dating back to the 1960s from the NHL Vault.
- Condensed Games: Catch up on games you missed with 10-12 minute extended highlights.
- Game Archive: Watch full-length replays of all games since the 2008-09 NHL season.
You can download the application now from the “Apps” category in the PlayStation Store, and launch it from the TV/Video Services icon of the XMB on your PlayStation 3.
If you don’t have an NHL GameCenter LIVE subscription yet, go to www.nhl.com/ps3 to get an account. The single payment price is $49.99 for the whole season, or you can pay in 2 installments of $24.99.