No Man's Sky

The Drop: Week of February 4th 2013 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Feb 03, 2013 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time marks the franchise’s biggest and most ambitious game yet with completely re-designed characters, worlds two times the size of those in previous Sly games, more vibrant and dense environments, and real-world physics allowing for a realistic gameplay experience. Staying true to the franchise’s signature gameplay style of blending stealth, thievery, exploration, and combat, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will take players on a thrilling journey around the world filled with epic boss battles, action-packed missions, engaging puzzle elements, new stealth moves and much more for both the PS3 and PS Vita.

Dead Space 3 is a third-person shooter with survival-horror gameplay elements that challenges players to work singly, or with a friend to stop the viral/monster Necromorph outbreak. The game features the return of franchise hero, Isaac Clarke and the necessity of his weapons making abilities and precision skill in using them against in order to defeat enemies. Other game features include, drop-in/out co-op support, the additional character John Carver, evolved Necromorph enemies, a new cover system, side missions, and more. Enjoy this week’s The Drop.

Dead Space 3

Dead Space 3 brings Isaac Clarke and merciless soldier John Carver on a journey across space to discover the source of the Necromorph outbreak. Crash-landed on the frozen planet of Tau Volantis, Isaac must comb the harsh environment for raw materials and scavenged parts. He will then put his engineering skills to the ultimate test to create and customise weapons and survival tools. The ice planet holds the key to ending the Necromorph plague forever, but first Isaac must overcome avalanches, treacherous ice-climbs, and the violent wilderness. Facing deadlier evolved enemies and the brutal elements, Isaac can choose to team up, not only for his own survival, but for that of mankind’s. Play together with a friend or go it alone as Isaac Clarke using the seamless new drop in, drop out co-op functionality. Each mode offers unique story elements and gameplay.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

(Also on Blu-ray & PS Vita Cross Buy) – Sly Cooper and his mischievous cohorts, Bentley and Murray, return in a brand new epic, time-traveling adventure in Sly Cooper Thieves in Time. After completing their latest heist, Sly carries on with a case of alleged amnesia and dances off with gal pal Carmelita, leaving Bentley as the keeper of the treasured Thievius Raccoonus, The Cooper family’s ancient book of master thievery. When Bentley discovers that pages of the book have begun to disappear in front of his eyes, he must round up the gang and save the Cooper Clan legacy from being destroyed forever.

Fist of the North Star 2: Kens Rage – Follow the storyline of the entire action manga epic in Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2. The destructive power of the techniques of Hokuto Shinken and Nanto Seiken meet the intense action of the Warriors series to produce a thrilling experience for fans of both series. In addition to the signature moves of the first title, new actions such as ‘sprint’ and ‘dodge’ have been added to the move sets.

Mensa: Academy – American Mensa Academy provides genuine American Mensa questions so you can find your true American Mensa score! Test a little low? Improve your skills and try again! Featuring exciting theater backdrops and brain-twisting tests, Mensa: Academy is the most stimulating way to improve your IQ! Immerse your brain in mini-games and puzzles that cover topics like: Literacy, Numeracy, Logic, Memory, and Visual & Spatial skills. Choose from three exciting game modes to enhance your learning experience. Questions are posed as fun challenges with humorous characters and colorful graphics that will have you pushing for the win!

Bentley’s Hackpack (PS Vita Cross Buy) – Updated Description: Playable on both the PS3 and PS Vita systems. Featuring three of the retro inspired arcade mini-games from Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Bentley’s Hackpack introduces an additional 20 levels and 100 challenges to each game and adds competitive social leaderboards so you can compete against your friends for top scores. The games also include tons of Sly Cooper loot to collect and cameos from the whole Sly Cooper gang. Bentley’s Hackpack is available as a free-to-play demo, or $2.99 for the complete experience.

Sony Pictures Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet

Here Comes The Boom – Former collegiate wrestler Scott Voss (Kevin James) is a 42-year-old, apathetic high school teacher. When budget cutbacks threaten to cancel some of the school’s programs and lay off its music teacher (Henry Winkler), Scott creates a scheme to raise money by moonlighting as a mixed martial arts fighter. Everyone thinks Scott is crazy – most of all the school nurse, Bella (Salma Hayek). In his quest, Scott gains something he never expected as he inspires his students and becomes a sensation that rallies the entire school.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

151 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ overlordtico on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

Picking Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time hard copy to get digital Vita version then selling xp

+ ATFrez on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

Nothing for me this week. Let’s see what the Plus update holds…

+ M_NUSone on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

Tough decision between Sly and Dead Space this week.Although I’m a big Dead Space fan,I’m not as exited for the third as I was for the past two,so Sly it is!

+ BANDICOOTKING on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

darn. I was hoping for skyrim dlc.

+ FullMetalDoctor on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

alphabetazie and add something to sorT DOWNLOAD LIST THIS IS A REQUEST…

+ Naritubr on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

GoW Ascension will be released for pre-sale on psn store ?? ty

+ ArchAngelMai on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Dead Space should have been featured IMO. Playstation Omni FTW!

+ FullMetalDoctor on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

WAIT A MINUTE, WHERE ARE ALL THE SKYRIM DLC THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FOR DISCOUNT, ISNT THE THIS TUES?

+ swimquick on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

I originally wanted to buy Thieves in Time on PSN, but ended up pre-ordering a Blu-Ray copy at a local retailer because I wanted the pre-order bonuses. Will there be a way for us to get those bonuses if we buy it through the Playstation Store?

+ darthirish08 on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

For all those who do not know the Skyrim dlc comes out later this month.

Dragonborn on the 12th
Hearthfire on the 19th
Dawnguard on the 26th

+ butcherknife on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

I pre-ordered Sly Copper for the PS3, but plan to play it on my Vita, too. Really looking forward to this game.

+ TerraAshura on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

inb4 WHAT NO KINGDOM HEARTS?!

+ Kyle_Reese23 on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

will god of war assencion be on PSN. ? please answer me .. cuz if not i will pre-order it from .. they are giving 20 dlrs credits for preorders .. !! but i need to know first if you guys gonna have as a digital download on PSN !! please tell me. thanks !!

+ eggmiester28 on February 3rd, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

meh sadly nothing for me this week

+ I_Montano_I on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

#8 Calm down, take your hand off of the caps lock key and do some research. The first DLC doesn’t come until the 12th, chill out.

+ dragon_night on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

What?? No kingdom hearts geez…almost missed it :D

+ swimquick on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Oh, and I just noticed Bentley’s Hackpack! I haven’t heard of it before but I think I’ll probably buy it. Is there anything more you can tell us about it?

+ el_casual on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

@16 LOOOOL, Whats the size of Sly on VIta????. Please a God Of War for PSV. And Why dont Borderlands 2 on Vita, Gearbox says its not to expensive for Sony.

+ Ikaros19 on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
have the same trophy list in psvita and ps3 version or difeferent trophy list?

+ Butters360 on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Woot! Sly Cooper!

+ Poozilla024 on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Skyrim dlc starts next tuesday the 12th dragonborn first the hearthfire then dawnguard it will be split up over three weeks dont know why they are releasing them backwards but atleast it will be easier on the wallet split up over 3 weeks

+ alecman4k on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

dragon_night is late haha :P

+ PoisonCube on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

I preordered Sly for PS3 but afraid that my vita’s memory card won’t have enough space. How large do you guys think the Sly file will be on Vita? :\

+ ESIASON7 on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

Thieves in Time DAY 1 !!!

+ PsychoSploosh69 on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

So can’t wait for Sly! Then Skyrim DLC for the next 3 weeks. I know what I’ll be playing for the next little while. February is gonna be a good month.

+ Guimace on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

I like Sly. Bentley’s minigame should be fun. Also, Fist of the North Star 2 (I think this one isn’t getting a disc version?)! Cool week, now gotta wait on info on sales and PS Plus.

+ GrandSwamperMan on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:56 pm said:

Is it that much of a hassle to list each week’s new DLC in the Drop as well?

+ guyminsberghe on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Nothing for me this week too! It’s been a while I didn’ buy something for my vita… I’m waiting for a price drop of gravity rush… and maybe some new ps1 imports…

+ mercado320 on February 3rd, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

Ratchet and clank ffa ps vita?

+ Firelogic on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

@+ Ikaros19

The trophy list is shared so no double platinums. Confirmed during IGN’s livestream with the developer.

+ ShatokaMTN on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

Fist of the North Star 2 is out? I didn’t even realize we’d reached it’s release date yet.

Do want!

+ spudsudz on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

I am hoping to get the Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the Vita on Tuesday… Keeping fingers crossed…

+ RidleysBox on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

@dragon_night

Kingdom Hearts HD is being released March 14 in Japan, so in what multiverse do you think they will bring the PS2 classic to the PSN store, when they are already releasing a remake?

+ passivefamiliar on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:12 pm said:

No search function for download list yet? Also, the EU store has a sale on all finalfantasy games…i hope we are getting it. Last time it happened i didn’t jump on it, and ive been putting off buying a couple classics until another sale. Mostly because i won’t play them much not for moneys sake.

Sadly not to happy with the new sly. It is really well done, really stuck to the way the other games were. It just didnt click for me. Might pick it up when its on sale, but im in no rush. Same with dead space. Unless the co-op ends up being awesome. Not a bad drop though. Still waiting on a few older aditions. Give me FFX, kingdom hearts, orphen scion of sorcery, and megaman x. My credit card bill will take a hit but i will buy all that. (I understand how it works, not ranting just voicing desires. Except about the search/filter for my download list. Why sony? Why no filter at least?)

+ unbornsoldier on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

Don’t have enough for dead space 3,enjoying the hell out of in no ku in though :),looking forward to the plus update,and hopefully some discounts,cool dlc

+ unbornsoldier on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

Ni no ku ni *

+ musicman182 on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

As much as I would love to get Sly, I don’t think I can support cross-buy until you guys give some answers about Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault Vita. I don’t care if it’s been delayed…it would just be nice to know, since you know…I did buy the product and all.

+ Superstone on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:31 pm said:

Where is Ratchet and Clank FFA? And new PSone classics?

+ Dr_letzshake on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

Where is all mp psp for vita games @ STILL waiting for them to convert the whole library for vita uses

+ Barborah_FL on February 3rd, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

I am still not sure, but if i will take something, it will be the sly.. :)

+ CStancer on February 3rd, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

So still no word or mention of RATCHET & CLANK: FULL FRONTAL ASSAULT…. Anyone else do a search of tin giant and get an article from this blog stating end of January they will release vita version…. http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/tin-giant/

+ WEZ655321 on February 3rd, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

SLY COOPER FOR VITA FOR SURE, HOPE ITS AS ADDICTIVE AND LONG LASTING AS SONIC AND ALLSTARS RACING TRANSFORMED!

+ Mattotastic on February 3rd, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Happy to pick up Sly on Tuesday, but I’m curious about the Bentley mini-game?

Have a good week everyone!

+ TwinDad on February 3rd, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

Just Ni No Kuni for me this week.

+ torch73 on February 3rd, 2013 at 3:28 pm said:

DAM WHERE IS RATCHET AND CLANK !! WE PAID FOR WHAT A SCAM !! SONY THATS WHY I DID NOT ORDER THE SLY COOPER CROSS BUY !!! GOOD LUCK TO THE ONES THAT DID I HOPE YOU GET IT BECAUSE ME AND OTHERS ARE STILL WAITING FOR IT FOR ARE CROSS BUY RAC !!

+ xMochii- on February 3rd, 2013 at 3:28 pm said:

Nothing that Interest me this week. ):

+ FreshaSaurusRex on February 3rd, 2013 at 3:55 pm said:

Ni no kuni is gonna hold me over till tuesday when I get to pick my copy of Sly, I’m dying to play it!

+ diz1700 on February 3rd, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

If I get Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time digital copy do I not get the Vita version?

+ saskamazon on February 3rd, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

really excited for Sly … the store called yesterday to remind me of my preorder – HA, as if I would have forgotten … it looks & plays beautifully on the Vita. & yes, they have a shared trophy list, unlike All Stars … that was a trophy bonanza !

hope to hear something in reference to R & C FFA Vita soon …. pretty quiet on that front. looking fwd. to the All Stars DLC mid month … :-)

+ Halpen4 on February 3rd, 2013 at 4:35 pm said:

Sure hope this will FINALLY be the week we get the Twilight Zone pinball table DLC. Been waiting for it since December 2012.

PAGE 1 2 3 4