Bloodborne

50% off Select Final Fantasy Games for the Series’ 25-Year Anniversary

Shinji Hashimoto's Avatar + Posted by Shinji Hashimoto on Feb 04, 2013 // Senior Executive Managing Officer, Square Enix

Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary

Twenty-five years ago, our company launched a game called Final Fantasy. It was the result of a lot of hard work and dedication. It was also the start of a franchise that would go on to capture the hearts of millions of players around the world.

As we celebrate Final Fantasy’s 25th anniversary, we look back on a series that contains 14 installments, numerous spin-off games, and all sorts of merchandise. We are always impressed by the love our fans show for this franchise.

To celebrate this amazing milestone in the history of Final Fantasy, we’re putting a number of Final Fantasy titles on sale on PlayStation Network, starting when PSN updates tomorrow. For two weeks, the following titles will be on sale in PlayStation Store for 50% off.

• DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
  • DISSIDIA DUODECIM PROLOGUS FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
  • DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
  • FINAL FANTASY Tactics: War of Lions (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy II (PSOne Classics)
  • FINAL FANTASY IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy V (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy VI (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy VII (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy IX (PSOne Classics)

We hope you enjoy these classic titles — the memories they evoke, and the new memories they will create.

182 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ pi8you on February 4th, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

Any word on Vita compatibility for Final Fantasy V?

+ Sonicfan11589 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

Just so everyone knows Dissidia Duocecim is a better deal, same content PLUS MORE plus less space taken up on ur memory card.

+ boomstickbhg on February 4th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

Great!

While I already own the majority of these, I’ll be grabbing the few I don’t have already.

Love seeing a sale like this from a favourite company.

Thank you!

+ RE_Player on February 4th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

Looks like I’m going to be going through my pay cheque faster than I thought…

+ Sonicfan11589 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

I kind of doubt it, any chance we will see more FF titles added to PSN store, i.e. Crisis Core, FF 1 and FF 2 PSP versions?

+ killersense on February 4th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

i guess i will be the first to ask for type 0 and versus! announcing release dates of those games would be a better way of celebration anniversary! i already own most of these games that interest me anyways

+ XenonSovereign on February 4th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

Been wanting to get some FF7 on my Vita…now’s the time.

+ overlordtico on February 4th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

What they need to do is finally add all the PS2 Final Fantasy games like FFX to the pstore :|

+ R_Bangster on February 4th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

Any discounts on FFXIII-2 dlc? Playing through it now and it’d be awesome if there was a sale.

+ MakoSOLIDER on February 4th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

Own a lot of these already. Shame Crisis Core isn’t on the PS Store…..

But while I’m here….still waiting on Type-0 to hit the west. Still waiting on FF to hit the Vita, and still waiting on Versus XIII (which I’m assuming is a PS4 game now)

+ TheGrimHeaper on February 4th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

yessssssssss I was hoping we’d get this sale.

+ Craiji on February 4th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Crisis Core? And any of the other PSP games not on PSN? (BBS!)

+ D-Squad3 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Still waiting for Versus XIII, just like everyone else.

+ Deekman on February 4th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Welp, there goes my pay check tomorrow.

+ FenceB3yond on February 4th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

Still waiting for Final Fantasy 10 on Vita. Promised pre launch. Almost a year later, nothing. Thanks Squeenix.

+ Se7en0ps on February 4th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

THANK YOU! I was discretly waiting for that one to happen. I’ll buy em’ all for my Vita!

+ JacobIsHollywood on February 4th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Can we PLEASE get Kingdom Hearts:BBS on the PSN?!? I don’t care if it’s overpriced. I just want to play it! I’m not buying a used PSP JUST to play one game!

+ Kikowz on February 4th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

just give us Sleeping Dogs

+ paymon11980 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:14 pm said:

Awwwwwww what about the new final fantasy 3 for psp…. if a discount is included with tomorrow’s update that would be amazing

+ DMPrince on February 4th, 2013 at 3:14 pm said:

Great series. Great Sale.

+ UncannySilk on February 4th, 2013 at 3:18 pm said:

:O!

+ Ghostwize on February 4th, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

Yippee! Been waiting for this one. Holding onto a handful of PSN cards for such an occasion. Will be buying all of them I don’t own! Thank you. :D

+ Ghostwize on February 4th, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

WHAT?! No Kingdom Hearts?! :P

+ Megrim23 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:25 pm said:

Final Fantasy was my 1st game I ever got for Nintendo. With the exception of Mario & Duck hunt game that came with the console. I still love playing Final Fantasy(earlier ones in particular). I even went as far as to get a japanese playstation to play Final Fantasy V & bought a translation book for japanese/english. I never figured out how to read enough to get the storyline but I still enjoyed it & even beat it haha. I think part V in english & part IX are the only ones Im missing that you sell on PSN but I will definatly be picking them up, thanks!

+ Corbie on February 4th, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

Agreed with #9. XIII-2 has been out awhile now, a nice discount on the DLC would be welcome. Replaying through again and I still am too much of a cheap ass to buy those.

+ helbertpina on February 4th, 2013 at 3:28 pm said:

How about 75% off for Plus subscribers? *wink, wink*

+ TheBlindGorilla on February 4th, 2013 at 3:28 pm said:

Congrats on 25 years. So, is Final Fantasy X ever coming to PSN?

+ thibaxfb on February 4th, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

Final Fantasy IV to PS3 as PSone classic, when?

Please! I want to play FFIV on PS3.

Please! :)

+ GiovARK on February 4th, 2013 at 3:33 pm said:

How come the original Final Fantasy Tactics (The PSOne Classic) doesn’t get a discount?
I’ve been looking forward to buying it and this actually seemed like the perfect chance…
This is blasphemy!!!

+ swissmr on February 4th, 2013 at 3:33 pm said:

I’ve never played a FF game before? should I try the first and see if I like it? whats the best to start with?

+ passivefamiliar on February 4th, 2013 at 3:33 pm said:

Awesome! I’ll be picking up a few of these. Doubt i’ll ever finish any of them, but still glad to have the chance to get them again.

But, FFX? Eventually? Maybe even with trophy support?

And, is this 50% for everyone or just ps+? Hoping everyone, won’t matter for me but just curious.

+ duke301 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

This is pretty good as I have been wanting to pick up VIII and IX. But in the interests of the 25th anniversary, how about making X and X2 available on PS3? Also, how about adding the PSP versions of 1 and 2 to PSN, and playable on Vita? Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate the sale, but there is a lot more you could do for us Final Fantasy fans.

+ GranpireV on February 4th, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

What about Chrono Trigger?

+ GiovARK on February 4th, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

Oh yeah, and why the hell are we still waiting for a DISSIDIA port for PS3!?
Why hasn’t it happened yet!?

+ duke301 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

@29, it’s best to start at the beginning with 1. Then progress through the series as it is really interesting how each new game introduces new features. Personally, my favorites are the PSP version of IV, and the PS1 versions of V, VI, and VII.

+ Ghostwize on February 4th, 2013 at 3:39 pm said:

@Swissmer

I recommend you pick up IX.

None of the games have any kind of real interlocking stories. They are all separate grand adventures in their own right. My personal favs are VI,VII,VIII,IX……….um….nvm I like em’ all. :D

+ Zanir9x on February 4th, 2013 at 3:42 pm said:

Same as @27, but Final Fantasy IV to PS3 as PSone classic, when?

In addition would be great also Chocobo’s Racing Game! (PSN One Classic Too!)

But of course also waiting for FFvsXIII

+ Cloud_X1 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

Looks like I’ll be picking up Dissidia DD. Digital copy this time. It IS COMPATIBLE with the Vita right? and a few other PS1 digital games, (I already own all of these, hard copy), but playing them on the go will be fun. :)

+ g-sweeper_6 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

YES! I barely missed this last year. I was all ready to go when the sale ended. NOT THIS TIME

+ RewVitalize on February 4th, 2013 at 3:49 pm said:

Awesome! I was worried the US wouldn’t get this offer.

I guess I’m getting some more FF games on my Vita a lot sooner than I’d anticipated.

+ destruction1983 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

awesome they should make a bundle for this game

+ TJF588 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:54 pm said:

While I’m interested in getting DFF, DDFF, and FFIV Complete on digital, I must insist, as with others…

BRING “FINAL FANTASY 20TH ANNIVERSARY”, “FINAL FANTASY II 20TH ANNIVERSARY”, AND “CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII-” TO THE PLAYSTATION STORE! WITH VITA COMPATIBILITY!

Oh, and “KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep”, too, for good measure. It and CC-FFVII- are THE two PSP games I would recommend to my friend, and both are UMD-only.

+ TJF588 on February 4th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

Aaand… Shame FFIII’s not here. The PSP version’s the one I’d vie for, out of the 3D remake’s releases. Would rock to see a 2D release along the lines of the PSP versions of FFI, II, and IV.

+ PainOfSarrow on February 4th, 2013 at 4:00 pm said:

looks like there is alot of sales tommorow but sadly for me none of them interest me. these games are not my style.

+ Pabloo1010 on February 4th, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

+ gus_xl on February 4th, 2013 at 4:03 pm said:

Yes. Final Fantasy V on the Vita would be most welcome.

+ BANDICOOTKING on February 4th, 2013 at 4:03 pm said:

I already own it all. Nice sale though. Only missing CRISIS CORE.
CRISIS CORE
CRISIS CORE
CRISIS CORE.

oh, and um, like, the anniversary games, but they weren’t all that financially successful, so I understand why they aren’t there.

+ tAkEf0cUsIn on February 4th, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

I really hope they release FFX in HD!! Agreed, Crisis Core is needed!!

+ BANDICOOTKING on February 4th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

I don’t know where I heard it, but the date March 23rd is ringing a bell for the FF XHD version.
where did I hear that….

+ ModSquade on February 4th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

When can we see the better releases like Crisis Core or more information dropped on FF 10 HD? It’s like Square doesnt want our money.

PAGE 1 2 3 4