Far Cry 4

50% off Select Final Fantasy Games for the Series’ 25-Year Anniversary

Shinji Hashimoto's Avatar + Posted by Shinji Hashimoto on Feb 04, 2013 // Senior Executive Managing Officer, Square Enix

Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary

Twenty-five years ago, our company launched a game called Final Fantasy. It was the result of a lot of hard work and dedication. It was also the start of a franchise that would go on to capture the hearts of millions of players around the world.

As we celebrate Final Fantasy’s 25th anniversary, we look back on a series that contains 14 installments, numerous spin-off games, and all sorts of merchandise. We are always impressed by the love our fans show for this franchise.

To celebrate this amazing milestone in the history of Final Fantasy, we’re putting a number of Final Fantasy titles on sale on PlayStation Network, starting when PSN updates tomorrow. For two weeks, the following titles will be on sale in PlayStation Store for 50% off.

• DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
  • DISSIDIA DUODECIM PROLOGUS FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
  • DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
  • FINAL FANTASY Tactics: War of Lions (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy II (PSOne Classics)
  • FINAL FANTASY IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy V (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy VI (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy VII (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy IX (PSOne Classics)

We hope you enjoy these classic titles — the memories they evoke, and the new memories they will create.

182 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ SomaXD on February 5th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

so when can i rip my Crisis Core UMD iso (cso) and play it on my PSVita? or, rather… when will it be available at all digitally? fortunate for me FFT was free for PS+ (seeing as i already own the UMD i would be pissed to have to re-buy it… but come on… both dissidia are readily available but crisis core isnt? thats dumb.

+ Chengmeista on February 5th, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

When is this sale coming to Canada?

+ TALLglassofWATER on February 5th, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

Why don’t you make a worthwhile final fantasy instead of rehashing all the good ones in a sale? Square-enix is like Ted Nugent, except whereas ted forgot how to write a song square forgot how to write a game. There was nothing wrong with turn based combat! Yeah, I’m sure you got millions of complaints about how slow or repetitive it could be, but for every complaining consumer there were four more satisfied ones who kept quiet and one who heralded the franchise and professed their love on the rooftops.

+ ryancjw on February 5th, 2013 at 3:39 pm said:

Has anyone tried to purchase VII yet? It’s not giving me the $4.99 price and is still listed at $9.99 while the others appear discounted.

+ flippertron5kV3 on February 5th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

I hope they all get updated soon. I’m ready to buy already!

+ ManyShoes on February 5th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

VIII was coming up ‘Free’ until after it was added to cart…

+ ANARQI on February 5th, 2013 at 3:58 pm said:

I’m ready to grab FF9! In Missouri, still hasn’t updated!

+ a1_re4 on February 5th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

Great!!! Can you guys at square also see about getting Dragon Quest VIII as a PS2 Classic?!?

+ ANARQI on February 5th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

Awesome. PSN finally updated!

+ Moorepheus on February 5th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

Great sale and definitely taking advantage of it, but as others have mentioned it would be great to get Vita support for FF5.

+ afigueroa on February 5th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

TALLglassofWATER I absolutely agree! That’s why the Persona series has been a very big hit with me. Turn based combat maybe repetitive but we’ve grown with that style since the original final fantasy. Btw I finally finished Persona 4 Golden with the true ending logging in 86+ hours of play!
:-)

+ prof_toker on February 5th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

How about those JP titles we didn’t get even though most of us can’t read it doesn’t mean we won’t google-translate it

+ wquinn on February 5th, 2013 at 7:43 pm said:

Rally? You’re going to sit there and line by line Google translate a psn game with no ability to copy or paste? Suuuuure.

PS – sale prices still are not in effect on my psn store.. What gives?

+ Peerinward on February 5th, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

Besides Tactics Advance, I’ve yet to play any Final Fantasy. I bought FFVI and VII.

+ gnooh101 on February 5th, 2013 at 9:29 pm said:

@ H7E7R7U & brawlbull

Thanks for your recommendations! Will get both Disidia 012 & FFIX!
Now to top up PSN wallet…

Regards,
Gnooh

+ sewalsh on February 5th, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

I was hoping for a chocobo’s dungeon release …..but I agree about some of the newer tittles being added to the store…….anyone know what the game was that you climbed a tower and collected monster eggs for pets……loved that one too but it’s not a final fantasy though…

+ Junoh315 on February 5th, 2013 at 10:28 pm said:

I would definitely buy these if I didn’t already have them. :D

+ luvtoseek on February 6th, 2013 at 2:39 pm said:

Guys, I already have a bunch of games on my Vita & PS3 from Square; I only want one now, which is the better game… FF: IV (though I’ve played this & beat it years ago) here on sale or FF: Dimensions on Android? Any advice here? Thanks!

+ A1r4l3x on February 6th, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

so is FFVII vita compatible?

+ afigueroa on February 6th, 2013 at 8:08 pm said:

A1r4l3x yes it is compatible!

+ DMJ2009 on February 6th, 2013 at 8:53 pm said:

Can anyone confirm or deny if the PSN versions of V and VI have the slow loading issues that the originals had? I’d love to finally be able to play V.

+ DMJ2009 on February 6th, 2013 at 9:02 pm said:

(weird how we can’t edit comments)

Anyways would you recommend the original Final Fantasy Tactics or its remake? Thanks!

+ Sinsational on February 7th, 2013 at 3:37 am said:

I’m kind of confused. From the way I’ve read some of these user comments, it makes me think that you can play PSP games through your PS3? I honestly doubt that is the case, but I think that would be cool nonetheless. I’ve never owned a PSP so I don’t truly know.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

+ luvtoseek on February 7th, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

@ 173, Sinsational- ONLY PS1 Classics are PS3 compatible! :)

+ sewalsh on February 7th, 2013 at 9:02 pm said:

Look up remote play…a few pan games a ps1 games work…….can play through the net if you want…(turn your ps3 on from work…lol)…..turns your psp into a wii u….

+ MysticShadows07 on February 8th, 2013 at 3:30 pm said:

well i am disapointed in a few things us psn atore doesnt have on the ps vita id make a deal with satan to find my childhood games i owned

the epic fails they dont list if u still have ur psp 3000 i dislike you grrr…

Final Fantasy 1 & 2 20th anv editions do not appare in the us store go ahead look ill wait……

see what i mean? now look in the uk psn store…well what do u know there they are…

the second epic fail breath of fire 3 psp verson not on the us store go on look ill wait again….. not there is it?? now take a look over yonder at the uk store again…and what ya know its there…yes i know im ranting off topic but its fact…clear as day now we wait…and see what shall happen oh and btw Were is r skyrim DLC at dang it!!

+ piggie_pie on February 8th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

so this is the answer for getting more JRPGs on the Vita? >_<

+ dinoko on February 13th, 2013 at 11:51 pm said:

@171: Unfortunately the version of FF VI on the PSN does have the slow loading issue that plagued it on the PS1.

+ Chemoglobin on February 14th, 2013 at 2:11 am said:

Would you guys please make fixing Final Fantasy V PS1 a priority? It’s pretty ridiculous that it got through QA with the saving glitch, and that it hasn’t been repaired in the long time that it’s already been up for purchase (not a good business practice), but the fact that this glitch is almost assuredly what’s keeping Final Fantasy V from Vita compatibility is just annoying.

Please take care of this issue.

+ louthelou on February 24th, 2013 at 3:18 pm said:

If you had another sale, I’d buy 3 titles.

$10 for FF6 as a download? It’s a great game, but there doesn’t exist an SNES game that’s worth $10 in digital form.

+ louthelou on February 24th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

3 more titles*

+ VVaspInatoR on February 25th, 2013 at 7:58 pm said:

@TALLglassofWATER post 153 +1 Also my 2 cents $enix please if you remake anything remake FF6 for the sake of we already had a ff7 movie spin off etc etc… so it would really be nice to see the cast of six get a bit more attention and a upgrade in fashion pixels, if not i hear Kefka make’s a mean koolaid slammer :P Long Live Sabin and Edgar!!!!! THX square. Also some more character avatars would be grrrreat for all ;)

PAGE 1 2 3 4