PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Metal Gear Rising Gets Exclusive VR Missions on PS3

Dalton Link's Avatar + Posted by Dalton Link on Feb 04, 2013 // Social Media Manager, Konami

Metal Gear Rising VR Missions

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is, in essence, a best of both worlds. Combining the top-notch action expected from the over-the-top experts at PlatinumGames combined with the deep storytelling and rich narrative of Kojima Productions, it plays to all its strengths. It is a return to form for some, with such classic Metal Gear appearances like Codec calls, Metal Gear Ray, High Frequency Blades and the titular character, Raiden, but infused with new elements like new villains, new allies, and the much-anticipated Blade Mode (try it out now in the demo available on PSN).

But what I’m excited to unveil today should be an old favorite for any Metal Gear fan, PlayStation-exclusive DLC VR Missions! Adding 30 all-new missions to the game, featuring that classic VR/Virtual Reality look inspired by the original Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, the pack is pure, uncut gameplay that pushes Raiden’s Cyborg body to its limits.

Metal Gear Rising VR Missions

Metal Gear Rising VR MissionsMetal Gear Rising VR Missions

Featuring a mix of combat training, tactical maneuvering, stealth-based approaches and more, these missions will both provide practice in which to hone your skills in original stages not seen the in the game’s campaign, and feature an eclectic mix of challenges that any veteran of METAL GEAR SOLID 2: Substance or METAL GEAR SOLID: VR Missions would come to expect. And, in an interesting twist, you’ll be able to take control of the much loved/hated Dwarf Gekko in the VR Missions.

I look forward to seeing your best combos and highest scores on our official MGR Facebook page and Twitter page! And don’t forget to take the blade into your hand and Cut What You Will, starting February 19th!

Pre-order now and receive the exclusive Cyborg Ninja skin!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Bob_the_Almighty on February 5th, 2013 at 12:41 am said:

Damn I love some Metal Gear! I’ve got the game on pre-order and just waiting til the 19th.

On the subject of Metal Gear and the Vita, why can’t I play Portable Ops on Vita yet? How long is it gonna be lol? I’d like to have all the PSP Metal Gears on the Vita but I think even Konami has forgotten about the two Acid titles. :/

+ Bob_the_Almighty on February 5th, 2013 at 12:44 am said:

Ah I guess I should have read the second page before posting haha. Someone already asked about Portable Ops and the Vita…

But seriously how much money do I have to pay to get PSN versions of Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2. I love those games so much. :(

Anyway Rising looks incredible and I hope it is. I haven’t played a Metal Gear game that I disliked yet (and I’ve even beaten Snake’s Revenge!).

+ ChrisMichaels04 on February 5th, 2013 at 2:39 am said:

This is what i like to see. I dont mind if former Playstation exclusive franchises (ex: Metal Gear Solid) have to go multiplatform. I understand that 3rd party developers work hard and deserve a wider sales audience. All i ask is that those same developers remember to take care of the gaming community that helped support these franchises in the first place. To Platinum Games: Thank You. It may not seem like much, but this decision to include “Exclusive DLC” for PS3 gamers just convinced me to switch up my Dead Space 3 pre-order for Metal Gear Rising instead. It seems to me the developers behind DS3 are more interested in catering to the other console and their toy camera.

+ PaypayTR on February 5th, 2013 at 6:45 am said:

Hi guys i want to pre order game but i have 1 question
can you say a size for the game . dude i have 40 GB ps3. and that ps3 that only support 15 GB games so metal gear rising will be more than 15 ? i hope it will not because i wanna buy from PSN
and will be the vr missions in that bundle psn version?

THANKS PLATINUM and kojimapro

+ micturator on February 5th, 2013 at 6:51 am said:

Seeing what a wonderful job Platinum has done with Metal Gear Rising, I would love to see them partner with Capcom and revitalize the Devil May Cry series by making the sequel to Devil May Cry 4.

+ LURKING_WOLF on February 5th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

get to be a gekko awesome
i just said that the day before this
i said i want to use a gekko ^_^b

+ AnveL_JP on February 5th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

lucky i’m PS3 owner

+ Shawnography on February 7th, 2013 at 6:04 am said:

Daltin_Link
Any idea if the Gray Fox alt is coming with the UK Collectors edition with the steelcase hardbook?

+ liquidocelot1984 on February 12th, 2013 at 9:40 pm said:

Just a question, though I assume it’s true for this, but the exclusive content is on the limited edition version as well, right?

+ rpgfiend on February 19th, 2013 at 8:50 pm said:

I’d never pay for something that should be unlockable in-game.Hopefully ps plus users get it free in the future.

PAGE 1 2 3