PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Plus Update: Guardians of Middle Earth Free; Karateka 50% Off

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Feb 04, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Welcome to this week’s PlayStation Plus update, where we’re excited to bring news that the Guardians of Middle Earth MOBA greatness will be coming free to PS3 for PS Plus members! If you’ve never tried this unique genre that’s taking the gaming community by storm, give Guardians of Middle Earth a download and see what all the excitement is about. While you’re at it, check out a handful of discounts on some pretty amazing games you may have missed out on for both PS3 and PS Vita.

Friendly reminder: The deal is on through March 4th: purchase a one-year membership of PS Plus and get three bonus months free. Current members can stack this value on to their existing membership as well. Learn more about the offer here, or click the link below to go to the SEN online store.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus, or just want to add more time to your existing membership? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

February 5th PlayStation Plus Update

Guardians of Middle Earth (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members (Original Price: $14.99)

Take up arms in the clash over Middle-earth with the most powerful heroes from the greatest fantasy epic of all time. Form alliances with and against friends and jump into the wildly popular Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) gameplay. With 20 iconic guardians from Middle-earth, and new guardians coming all the time, it’s the perfect time to get lost in the multiplayer fray in epic 5 versus 5 battles.
Karateka (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus price: $5.00)

A beautifully simple premise with a fun pick up and play fighting system, Karateka blends old school gameplay charm with fluid combat animations and gorgeous backdrops and music to provide an amazing adventure with a ton of replay value. Are you skilled enough to rescue Princess Mariko with the fighting finesse of her True Love? Or will you need the power of the burly brute to topple the opposition? For more on Karateka, check out PS.Blog’s post from Assistant Producer Heather d’Evelyn.

Big Sky Infinity (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

40% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus price: $5.99)

Big Sky Infinity is a lightning-fast, randomly-generated game that adapts to how you play; which means, it’s never the same game twice. You pilot a spaceship that’s flying straight into an alien armada. The further you progress, the harder it gets, with giant bosses, streams of enemies, and unique events that shift the gameplay to keep you on your toes. It’s Cross Buy enabled, so this purchase will get you a version to play on both your PS Vita and PS3. Check out more Big Sky Infinity from the game’s director James Whitehead.

Knytt Underground (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

40% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99 $14.99; PS Plus price: $5.00 $8.99)

Knytt Underground tells a quirky and strange tale that’s set in the future, hundreds of years after the humans disappeared from the planet. Sprites, fairies and various other lifeforms roam tunnels in the underground. With a curiousity about their origin and the meaning of life, they strike out to find those answers they try to understand the ones who had obviously figured it out: the humans. It’s a beautiful adventure with a vast environment to explore and story driven quests that will keep you hooked. Read more about Knytt Underground in the PS Blog’s post featuring the Creative Director Nicklas Nygren.

Thanks for reading this week’s update. As usual, you can join the PlayStation community over on the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other PlayStation topics to discuss, or even start one yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 2-4-2013

PAGE 1 16 17 18

+ Christopher_34 on February 7th, 2013 at 5:28 am said:

I’m super glad I waited to buy this I’ve been hoping it’d come to PS PLUS and it did….Giggity.
the dicounted items i’d never play so i dont mind them. Honestly I think the free picks lately have been great.
I mean they’re titles I’ve wanted to rent to see how I like them and so far I’m pleased.
I own Borderlands, NBA Jams, Darksiders, D Defenders, Bioshock 2, and NFL Blitz and soon GoME….hehe
That’s well over 49.99 if you ask me so thank you for giving me a good deal PS PLus.
Also this is why I love and prefer SONY over Microsoft any day. They give back to their people and well frankly I’ll never own an XBOX. I’ve been hoping they bankrupt or go back to just PC’s sadly it’ll never happen but I can dream lol.
Can’t wait for the PS4.

+ aznhero913 on February 7th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

What a bunch of garbage Morgan, you should truly be ashamed of yourself for having so much arrogance wheIn delivering these weekly updates as though the pile of trash games you guys at SCEA give us in any good.

I wish the guy who keeps picking out games for PS+ members here in the states gets a royally kicked in the jewels…

BTW, loving my PSN + EU account!!

Bought a pre-paid 12 month card online for PS + EU and I’m thoroughly enjoying sleeping dogs!!

Wish I wasn’t paid up for the next 3 years on psn + US…

+ sab_krit on February 7th, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

@aznhero913 –

Dude, its not Morgan or his team’s fault we get garbage games. He already said that, its the game publishers fault :) They don’t want to give NA region any good games.

+ sincrin on February 7th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

@aznhero913 hey bud where did u get one from? i have been searching for months now.
@sab_kit bruh be serious, there are tons of great old titles if not newer ones. They could TRY!, i feel like they are bit arrogant to say the least. If u c how EU bloggers comment to their subscribers, you would see. Have you ever seen Morgan n Co comment on a reply against a negative comment…ever??? I bet NO! They just dont give a F what we say haha, that’s the truth.

+ sab_krit on February 7th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

@ sincrin -

Bro, I am being really serious, hvn’t u seen Morgan replying for the posts 63 and 145. It’s not Morgan or his team’s fault. It’s the region and the Publisher’s agreement’s fault. They try really really hard to get us good games week after week but the publisher’s doesn’t help them to do it :(

+ elderhenrique on February 7th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

Getting really tired of your shit PS PLUS US, I’m not even saying that GoME is a bad game, haven’t played it, and I will download it, but the point is, why, just why the PS PLUS EU gets better updates, in the sense they get better full games etc? Why?

+ Blind-Lunacy on February 7th, 2013 at 5:40 pm said:

Warning: The more you WHINE AND COMPLAIN, Sony will punish us all by giving us games like this lord of the rings MOBA and Foosball 2012…REMEMBER “YOUR” actions caused this. God Help us all!

+ Lefoul-123 on February 7th, 2013 at 6:43 pm said:

Its not about publishing rigths they just enjoy trolling us. They own a lot of games, as an overall view I can not complain cuz I have been playin darksiders and lbp2. That 2 games worth the suscription, the thing that pisses me off is that they are giving europe the best stuff, so I say to myself I should have gotten a europe account. Thats probably what sony wants I guess.

+ Lefoul-123 on February 7th, 2013 at 6:56 pm said:

They should make a poll about what people want, reasonable stuff they can put on plus. i mean if they give good content more people would join imagine if they give us sleeping dogs, hordes of games would buy ps plus only to get that game.

+ Blind-Lunacy on February 7th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

give us a list of games on a poll, “what games would you like to see next month?…”
give us the choice to choose the game, and if the others don’t make it, throw them on next weeks poll.

+ JoeGoodsnake on February 8th, 2013 at 5:20 am said:

@PrimeroIncognito

After a rant of insults hurled towards me to say that I pull things out of my ass, you did not pick on any one of the points I’ve provided over the last week. I suppose you’d prefer I go on the offensive instead, so I will:

“I’ve done consumer evaluation type work before. There is NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, that the laws that pertain to business, trade, and finances heavily influence EVERY SINGLE decision that is made in any industry, in any country, region, state, county, city, etc. There’s NOT A SINGLE DOUBT that the difference in Plus across regions has something to do with that. I’d wager everything I own on the fact that most of the differences in the offerings come from projections based on consumer reports and numbers already in hand. That is, when the content owners themselves haven’t anything to do with it, which is yet another piece of the puzzle, but somehow everyone always overlooks that and focuses solely on Sony.”

(continued)

+ JoeGoodsnake on February 8th, 2013 at 5:21 am said:

@PrimeroIncognito

(continued)

Does this explain the vast gap in quality between EU and US, or does it only explain why we can’t get particular games? Regardless of trade laws, finding a game that is at least even comparable to the value that EU is getting seems to be impossible for SCEA. Your “trade law theory” doesn’t explain this. More importantly, it’s Sony’s job to ensure that their customers are satisfied. Currently they bank on comparing themselves to Microsoft’s inferior service instead of their true counterpart across the pond. Weak.

Furthermore, why are we discussing trade laws in the first place? We’re customers, not board members. A high school level economy course will already teach children how profit-centric companies are. A rational mind will realize that there are no real consumer advocate groups, and hence a consumer has to take it upon him or herself to push for value, which is what everyone here that you’re insulting is doing. You’re going the opposite way and arguing against increasing value for your own investment; what’s the motivation?

(continued)

+ JoeGoodsnake on February 8th, 2013 at 5:21 am said:

@PrimeroIncognito

(continued)

econdly, regardless of your “experience in the field”, you don’t work for Sony and hence will never do a good job explaining the issues they deal with. This is why I wonder why you try to at all, it surely must be only to start fights and pick on kids complaining for better value. Unless of course it makes your ego feel better to act knowledgeable in a field that you have no real knowledge in considering the fact that you don’t work for Sony.

Most importantly – why are you so angry? The majority of this board consists of teenagers who are complaining for more value. I’m assuming you’re at the very least in your 20s, so how does it affect you?

+ JoeGoodsnake on February 8th, 2013 at 5:22 am said:

*Secondly

+ sab_krit on February 8th, 2013 at 6:37 am said:

@JoeGoodsnake -

It doesn’t affeect him in any ways. He’s just a angry lone virgin old guy. He is not even subscribed for plus, what makes u think anything will affect him regarding to what happens with + program? He just comes in here to troll others and absue the genuine plus subscribers. He’s angry cuz like I said he’s a 30 yr old vir who wants some action badly.

+ rpgfiend on February 8th, 2013 at 7:38 pm said:

lol I bet EU gets better games because they don’t act like spoiled cry babies.

+ Chjoezen on February 8th, 2013 at 9:52 pm said:

Well I actually like the game. It’s too bad that it takes an average of 30 minutes to get into a “quick” match, but now that I’m actually interested in the genre, I’m going to try out LOL on my PC and probably delete GOME.

+ Shadow_Enz on February 8th, 2013 at 10:07 pm said:

Maybe for some of these “slower” PS+ updates you guys could tack on some older PSN titles for free as well, and offer more discounted games, even older ones.

One game I’d love to get is Rush N Attack Ex Patriot for example, but I know very well that it’s not even worth half what being charged for it on PSN. Despite that, I’d still pick up the game if it was free or 75% off. It’s enjoyable enough to justify that kind of purchase.

I’m sure there are other games like that I either forgot or never heard of. So even if there’s a “slow update”, if it’s packed with more things, gamers may still like the update.

+ Chjoezen on February 9th, 2013 at 4:39 am said:

I just switched my Nat type to open and my problem is solved. Yay, I don’t have to play LOL after all.

+ Duffstuff on February 9th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

Just a theory here: I feel like Sony is giving us these crappy games because, more and more I’m seeing “I’m going to wait to purchase that game to see if it winds up on PS+” , SO.. if they only give crappy games the PSN sales will not take a plunge. Other than that IDK…BTW I tried to play GoME and I cant get anyone to join THANX again SONY :( For another (SONY) ahmm…sucky update!!

+ Johnny-Fox on February 10th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

Thanks for some good LOTR! I loved the 13 sale, sad it was taken down so fast I was heading back in to grab more after I beat the games I had purchased from it. Always love checking Monday Haro :D

+ DoktaC4ibby on February 10th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

My god, PS+. Why oh why is this happening to you.

I’m a game reviewer reviewing mostly PlayStation 3 games and I have to say, Anything I’ve played from PS+ past September 2012 were some of the worst games I’ve ever reviewed. I gave NFL Blitz a -2.0. A FREAKING NEGETIVE. The only games I’ve enjoyed AT ALL after that was SSF4AE and BioShock, That’s……it. Stop giving us fake hope. Stop misleading consumers into thinking they should renew their subscription because the next update will blow their minds. It’ll blow their minds alright…WITH HOW CRAPPY THE GAMES ARE! I’m still waiting for Red Dead Redemption so I can see what all of the fuss is about.

+ luigixx7 on February 10th, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

would be better if you publish all games of the month, so people will not be angry

+ logikclay on February 10th, 2013 at 3:33 pm said:

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE game. I downloaded it and went through the training only tohave to wait 45 min to have a ‘quick match’, played 5 min and deleted it. and the reason US doesnt post a m monthly list of ps+ games like eu is cause ps knows subscribers would wait out till the next update to renew since the selection is bad 95% of the time

+ HulkOfSteel on February 11th, 2013 at 2:30 am said:

I just found out eu got sleeping dogs well im done im not giving you another dime until us starts getting games that recent i already own darksiders and i already own lotr and i dont own a vita so this month has been pointless for me to paying for plus

+ XxABO-_-HRESxX on February 13th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

hao i get playstation plus?

+ saab01 on February 15th, 2013 at 3:38 am said:

Very Very Very disappointing I mean who really are some of these games catering too? I don’t understand how these games are being brought to plus and than nobody is happy and nothing ever gets done to get the issue fixed. Why should I continue to add on to my plus account if nothing is getting better. I would of thought since currently their is a promotion for 3 free months of plus that this month would of been great hits added to the IGC. Lets hope that next week something comes that is mind blowing I would like to add on longer to my subscription but we please need some variety we cant just have all Puzzle or all Strategy games we need a variety of everything kind of game. Fighting games,Shooter games,Racing games ETC………..

+ Patriatch88 on February 15th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Guardians of Middle Earth is an awesome game! The wait times for online games is really long, but once you’re in the game it’s so fun.

PAGE 1 16 17 18