PS4 - Destiny

Ratchet & Clank Update: Full Frontal Assault and Deadlocked

Greg Phillips's Avatar + Posted by Greg Phillips on Feb 07, 2013 // Producer, SCEA

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS3

As many of you know, when Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault launched for the PS3 system this past November, we announced that the PS Vita version would be coming out later in January 2013 to ensure the best portable Ratchet & Clank experience possible.

Our friends at Tin Giant have been working night and day to bring Insomniac’s PS3 game to the PS Vita system and to provide our fans with a great game. While the original delay has helped us make the game better, we still need more time to bring the game up to the standards expected by our fans.

In order to do this, the launch date for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS Vita has moved to Spring 2013. We realize that this delay may be disappointing for our fans, but please know that we are doing our best to get the game into your hands as soon as possible.

For those of you who have purchased the PS3 version of the game and are waiting for your PS Vita entitlement, we want to make it up to you as best we can. On the release date for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS Vita, we will be offering Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked for the PS3 system as a free download to all of our fans who purchased Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the PS3 system (digitally or on disc). The giveaway will become available when Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS Vita releases.

We greatly appreciate your patience as we work to bring you the best Ratchet & Clank experience possible for the PS Vita system. We will update you with a specific release date as soon as it is available.

Thanks again!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ nathanuc1988 on February 8th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Thank you for the update. I’ve been holding on playing until the Vita is edition is released so that I can coop with my gf (hate split screen).

+ IrishDude2 on February 8th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

Fk sake! Why does EU not get this game? Why do we get a crap one? Oh I know you just love giving us the finger and expect us to buy it well let me tell you something buddy, if you where over here I’d be giving YOU the finger and telling you to fk off and shove MotorStorm up your ass.

+ lamora-supcharls on February 8th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome, Awesome, cant WAIT FOR IT !!!! and get the trophies!!! :D

+ veb3494 on February 8th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Is this deadlocked game going to be the ps2 version or a remastered ps3 version like the HD collection was?
Thanks!

+ Obi_Wan_97 on February 8th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

I bought Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault on Playstation Store do I still get Deadlocked free and when will it comes out?

Please reply back so I can know because Ratchet Deadlocked is my favourite on Ratchet and Clank Series.

+ Lunarmon on February 8th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

Hey, Greg. I’ve seen you’ve replied a few times on this post- could you check out the comments on the EU blog and maybe reply to a couple there?

+ AGprodigy123 on February 8th, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

im not MAD because the game got delayed, i understand that, games get delayed all the time. im MAD because it took them so long to say the game will not come out the 29th. they should have said that WEEKS AGO. seriously when did you find out the game wasnt hitting stores the 29th of January, the 28th of January? i got a PSN card around the 25th, so when the 29th arrives i would come home and BOOM it would be there, NOT THE CASE. if i knew this was gonna happen i would have saved the 20 bucks i WORKED FOR and put it with the 15 dollars i have and bought Sly Cooper thieves in time. thats all i had to say. THANKS SONY :/ (official AGprodigy123)

+ piggie_pie on February 8th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

to be honest i did buy FFA so i could play it on my vita… but instead of complain, im gonna go ahead and say thanks for offering the free game when it does hit in the spring. I can’t complain about more R&C!!!

+ drewk35 on February 8th, 2013 at 11:08 pm said:

Dumb question, but will deadlocked be playable on the vita?

+ Elvick_ on February 8th, 2013 at 11:27 pm said:

@104: It’ll be a remaster, like the Ratchet and Clank Collection.

+ Elvick_ on February 8th, 2013 at 11:29 pm said:

@102: Maybe directing your anger at SCEA is pointless… perhaps you should go be angry at SCEE for it. Because it was their choice. And, you’ve been getting far bigger titles through PS+… so perhaps complaining like you’re constantly mistreated is something you should reconsider all together.

+ camatzker on February 9th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

Disappointed in another delay but I certainly understand and thank you for the generous offer for the free “Deadlocked” game. It is probably safe to say that the majority of us waiting on the FFA Vita were planing on getting “Deadlocked” anyway. So now we get an even better Vita game and a free “Deadlocked” as well. Looks like Christmas comes twice this year. Thanks you guys.

+ Clank1056 on February 9th, 2013 at 4:00 pm said:

will deadlocked be for ps vita too?

+ Robotnik20 on February 9th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

I bought my Ratchet in UK when i’m in vacations. Am I eligible to free Ratchet Deadlocked too ???

+ Bth_Portugal on February 10th, 2013 at 5:46 am said:

I want Deadlocked D: But I’m from Europe, and I’m going to receive Motorstorm … That’s Unfair, Why not release the same game? I’m sad with SCEE :(

+ Pewdehaxerism on February 10th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

i am as excited for deadlocked as the next person but i have the ps2 version where i spent countless hours to unlock all i needed is there any way to somehow transfer my completed deadlocked file on to my ps3? from my ps2 mem card? this is the only thing keeping me from the remakes of the rac triology

+ camatzker on February 11th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Curious about something. I love the convenience of a game download but also the reassurance of having a solid physical copy so I actually buy games twice. Crazy I know but that is just me. I raised a family of gamers and we wore out games in the past.
Anyway, this means I will have an ertra Vita copy of “FFA” and an extra PS3 download of “Deadlocked”. Is it legal to sell them to another gamer? I know they are mine and I should be able to do what I please with them but not if its illegal.
Also, how do I save the downloads safely on an external device? I tried to save the “Sly” Vita game on a flash drive until I get the PS Vita system but it would not go. ( I only downloaded but did not instal it to the PS3.)
Hope someone can give me some advice.
Thanks

+ brix740 on February 11th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

Hey Guys when is the PSVita version coming out for full frontal assault because the blog says January. It is now February 11th and still not disc benefits for the Vita version

can i get some insight on this please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ sunbunny23 on February 11th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

@brix740 , Did you not read the blog?

+ RatchetClank23 on February 11th, 2013 at 6:37 pm said:

Quick question: How will this work exactly? Will it be part of the ‘Disc Benefits’, or will the download just be available automatically if you have trophy information or something from FFA for ps3?

+ ALEX87PS on February 11th, 2013 at 8:02 pm said:

thanks for the update, I hope you polish the game as much as needed, no rush, and thanks for the deadlocked gift!. :)

+ AZV_4th on February 11th, 2013 at 11:46 pm said:

Hey Greg, I know you said we could buy it now and still get Deadlocked. Is that still true? Because someone said it’s only for those who bought it near release.

I hope I’m not bothering you.

+ xSporkx on February 12th, 2013 at 6:08 pm said:

I notice that this says “Deadlocked”. Will Deadlocked also be released for PS3 on a disc?

+ voltfan72 on February 16th, 2013 at 2:56 am said:

this is why SONY is the best gaming company in the world! they understand the fans frustration’s and deal with it accordingly. thank you SONY don’t ever change!

+ Hooligantuan on February 16th, 2013 at 3:03 am said:

I can’t believe such good news dipped below 4 stars in the ratings.

Company takes the time it needs to make the game and do it right?

Company offers free download of another classic just to be cool?

Swine, these are what pearls look like.

+ Heera230890 on February 16th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

Thank you insomniac for the free deadlocked HD, although couldn’t you’ve just given us the HD deadlocked now to hold us over for when it does come out. Also will a trophy list be up soon to tell us what trophies will be in the game?
Thanks again tin giant and insomniac!

+ jr_short92 on February 19th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

So if i buy FFA brand new for PS3, ill get a free download of deadlocked hd? or is it just for vita version

+ dj656 on February 22nd, 2013 at 2:26 pm said:

So Deadlocked/Gladiator won’t be free in Europe?

+ Half_Glitch on February 22nd, 2013 at 10:02 pm said:

I don’t know if your still answering questions but please respond if you can, i would HIGHLY appreciate it..

1. does deadlocked have online support?

2. Deadlocked will be in HD right?

3. You also said that we could receive dL on disc? How does that work?

Thanks again, either way you guys have my support…

+ turealkratos on February 25th, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

So will we get the deadlocked game even if we don’t want the vita version of FFA

+ kevin-mexico1 on February 27th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

how can we download it

+ ITCHyHEINI on February 28th, 2013 at 5:34 am said:

Thought I was going crazy been clicking on my disc all through Jan. looking for the vita version. Good to see you guys are working hard on it .If it comes out as good as it’s ps3 cousin it’s well worth the wait.Thanks for keeping us up to par.

+ amariprice1500 on March 2nd, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

This isnt right . what about the ones who dont have a ps3 and just waiting for the ps vita version . we shoud at least have a demo or something like that .

+ amariprice1500 on March 2nd, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

when is the exact realease date

+ x92rwzb on March 6th, 2013 at 7:00 am said:

They haven’t given us an exact realease date,we only know that it is going to come out with ratchet and clank FFA (ps vita).

+ DexterP17 on March 6th, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

A quick question. How will they know if you bought the disc version of the game? Is there a disc benifits on the disc?

+ William_des138e on March 7th, 2013 at 5:48 am said:

Spring is a period between March to May. Still a long time to wait.

+ Aremke on March 8th, 2013 at 7:19 pm said:

Very cool to hear about Deadlocked. That’s an additional incentive buy for FFA.

Any chance we could see Deadlocked FFA skins to commemorate its release? Captain Starshield FTW!!

PAGE 1 2 3