PS4 - Transistor

The PlayStation Recap: What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Feb 10, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

This week on PlayStation.Blog, a ton of Final Fantasy titles are 50% off, we went hands-on with God of War: Ascension and The Last of Us, we showed off new licensed tables for Zen Pinball 2 and The Pinball Arcade, the new history-altering Assassin’s Creed III DLC got a release date, you got a first look at Rocketbirds’ upcoming PS Vita version, top-down survival horror shooter Alien Breed got our retro-senses tingling, we detailed some of this year’s changes to Franchise Mode in MLB ’13 The Show, and more.

The 16th annual DICE awards took place in Las Vegas Thursday night, and Journey cleaned house! The beloved PSN title took home eight awards, including the coveted Game of the Year award. Congratulations thatgamecompany!

As for me, this has been a week of firsts. I jumped into Dead Space 3, having never played the first two entries in the series, and I loaded up Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time even though I haven’t played the first three games (sorry Jeff). For what it’s worth, I’m enjoying both games thoroughly, even though I’m wondering whether I should have plowed through their predecessors first.

What are you playing this weekend?

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

15 Comments

+ Butters360 on February 10th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

SO happy Journey won Game of the Year at the DICE awards! So deserving ;)

I’m Playing: God of War III, God of War: Ascension Single Player Demo, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

I’m Watching: Nikita season 3, Community season 4, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, and Side Effects.

I’m Reading: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Nine and Angel & Faith.

I’m Listening to: Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 061: Naughty Gods, and the new Funeral For A Friend album “Conduit.”

+ Elvick_ on February 10th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

Playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Watching: New Girl, Community
Reading: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Guide. :P
Listening: Maria ~ Oh So Full of Promise EP

+ perrox5000 on February 10th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Playing: Final fantasy VII, Metal gear solid 2 Hd
Watching: Regular show, Naruto shippuden
Reading: Batman the dark knight returns, Spider man Brand New day
Listening to random David Guetta tracks waiting to go to his show next month

Waiting for two games for this week: Demons’ souls and Dark souls. :P

+ four24twenty on February 10th, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw until Skyrim DLC drops on Tuesday
Watching: Full House re-runs
Reading: Playstation Blog, sadly my PTOM just expired. I like what Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty are writing over at IGN.
Listening: K-Rose, K-Jah, K-DST, Ramjam FM

+ jhernandez360 on February 10th, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

Any news On the frobisher Says Trophy patch for US???
EU. had it for a couple of months now

+ The_Dukenator on February 10th, 2013 at 2:40 pm said:

Playing: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and some other random game
Watching: Nothing atm
Reading: This blog.
Listening to: Def Leppard and what other stuff I can stand.

+ divineLite on February 10th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

I’m playing: Call of Duty Declassified, Sly Cooper, Ninja Gaiden, Big Sky Infinite (all PSVita), FF 9, Dissidia Prologus
I’m Watching: Weekly Animes
I’m reading: Assassin Creed Novel (Altair), Inheritance (Eragon 4)
I’m listening: Persona 4 Golden OST

A great week with so much game to play with, now my time to get platinum keeps diminishing…

+ Rello_Smith_313 on February 10th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

I’m playing: Mass Effect 1, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, Black Ops 2, and soon to be be Skyrim DLC
Watching: Lots of Anime, Big Bang Theory, Regular Show etc.
Reading: Frankenstein
Listening: J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Old Lil Wayne(when he was actually decent)

Can’t wait for Dragonborn. Looking good in the world of video games for me for a while.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on February 10th, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:

I’m playing; Dead Space 3 (Classic mode), Guardians of Middle Earth, & Street fighter X Tekken.
I’m watching; Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure 2012.
I’m reading: Manga :p
I’m listening: Jazzradio.com

+ Syko846 on February 10th, 2013 at 6:15 pm said:

I’m playing: Battlefield 3, FIFA 12, Assasins Creed 3, Uncharted 3
I.m watching: The Walking Dead
I’m Listening: Hopsin

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 10th, 2013 at 6:54 pm said:

I’m playing: Dissidia 012(duodecim) final fantasy (on my vita of course!), PS All Stars, Smart As (should have the platinum by tomorrow!)

I’m watching: Walking Dead, Spongebob, Toonami on Cartoon Network

I’m reading: Playstation Blog

I’m listening to: GTA Radio (check out the app on Google Play store), Thrift Shop – Macklemore and Ryan Lewis can’t get enough lol

+ KiNG-7SOON-777 on February 11th, 2013 at 3:30 am said:

i play mw2. mw3. b.o.2. b.o.1 > KSAxTEAM 4 hack add KSAxTEAM :) Think i scared hahahaa

+ TwinDad on February 11th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

Playing: Ni No Kuni

Watching: Top Gear (UK), How I met your Mother

Reading: Playstation Blog, Non-Profit Tax Code

Listening: Foster the People, Blog Cast, Giant Bombcast.

+ DRAQ-520 on February 11th, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

Playing: God of War Ghost of Sparta HD, Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The Patriots, Gravity Rush, Dissidia 012.
Watching: Jojo’s BIzzarre Adventure the animation
Reading: The Hunger Games ending and beginning Catching Fire
Listening: Yes´ Tales of Topographic Ocean

+ Zoryu_of_Setsuna on February 11th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

I’m playing: White Knight Chronicles 2(1), Gran Turismo 5, Black Ops 2.

I’m watching: Fringe (watching every season online)

I’m listening to: Nothing.

I’m Reading: PS Blog.