Bloodborne

First PS3 Skyrim DLC, Dragonborn, Lands Today

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar + Posted by Matt Grandstaff on Feb 12, 2013 // Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC

The wait is over! For the next three weeks, we’ll be releasing a new Skyrim add-on each week on PSN. This week, with Dragonborn, you’ll journey beyond Skyrim to Solstheim, an island off the coast of Morrowind. Use all your abilities and skills honed in Skyrim to save the island from a mysterious power that threatens to destroy Solstheim’s inhabitants.

Beyond Dragonborn’s main quest, the content is packed with hours of new areas to explore complete with new characters, new towns, new dungeons and plenty of new side quests to complete. And for elite players that have attained Level 81 status, you’ll have a chance to square off with the game’s fiercest adversary, The Ebony Warrior.

For more details on Dragonborn, available for 50% off ($9.99) during launch week only, read our list of features below:

• Explore Beyond Skyrim – Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.
  • Become the Ultimate Dragonborn – Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.
  • New Powers – Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.
  • New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more – Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

Next week we’ll be back with information on next Tuesday’s release, Hearthfire.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 14

+ IXNickFTW on February 12th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Can’t wait for the DLC!

+ Hitokiri_03 on February 12th, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

For people who really want to buy this DLC, I have one tip

Wait for feedback before buying it (look at Skyrim and NeoGAF forums)

Seriously, the chances of this DLC been unplayable are HUGE, given Bethesda track record (Fallout 3 DLCs says hi).

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on February 12th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Where is Dawnguard? Bethesda, you are too incompetent.

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on February 12th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Hearthfire is next week, and Dawnguard comes the week after (2/26)

+ procion on February 12th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

@ FellOpenian

Good comment (and very nice middle english usename).

Do you, or does anyone know how good or bad the dlc affect the skyrim experience on PC? I have an Alienware Aurora R4 if that is going to run the game any better or worse, but your comment on the NV dlc making an already buggy experience on ps3 worse(hence my being branded all those names i mentioned in my earlier comment when questioning probable problems on the then forthcoming Skyrim on Bethesda’s forums by their mod, publically) makes me want to throw in the towel with skyrim pn ps3 and get the pc version… Discuss?

+ swavage415 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

never had ps3 problems on this game, but of course the pc is the best version you dope

+ Ledinthehead on February 12th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

I love almost every game Bethesda releases and I always buy them within a day or two of their release. That said, I think there definitely should be a difference between what PS3 and Xbox users are getting simply because of the RIDICULOUS amount of time PS3 users have been waiting for this. I honestly can’t believe that it has taken them this long to figure this out. In my opinion, these 3 DLC packs should AT LEAST be free for each of their first week of release. After that, charge however much you want. But as for myself, being a HUGE Elder Scrolls fan and PlayStation enthusiast, I have to say this whole experience is extremely disappointing. I will continue to purchase games from Bethesda and PlayStation but I have to be completely honest and say that I’m not being given very many reasons to do so. Call it loyalty or whatever you want. It’d be nice to get a response of some kind from someone that actually matters at Sony & Bethesda. I think they at least owe us that much.

Anyway, it is now high noon here in Phoenix, AZ and I have yet to see any Skyrim DLC on the PlayStation Store…

+ Rainwater on February 12th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Hoping for an early store update today :)

+ lisatsunami on February 12th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

@46, procion, a little disjointed, but your thesis is basically correct. I felt terrible when I bought my Star Wars Xbox just to play Skyrim with Kinect. But I love Skyrim and the voice command is awesome. Many is the night when I was yelling “unrelenting force!” and “clear skies!”. Since I’m not into shooters, there are no games for me on the X. I did enjoy Fable 2 but otherwise, nothing. The PS3 has the best range of exclusive games and that is why I’ll buy the PS4.

+ Konzan on February 12th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

@53

Dragonborn today.

Hearthfire next week.

Dawnguard the week after that.

+ wickraist on February 12th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Hates waiting till the end of the day for the store to update! You think a mega giant like Sony would find a way to update all regions in the morning ,not at the end of the day . Oh well. Ive waited this long. Whats another 6 hours or so!?

+ LedZepGods33 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on!

+ jcbadass276 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

psn cant you commet and tell us what time it will be out for central pacific eastern time

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on February 12th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

It’s early evening on the East Coast and should start popping up across the country around that time.

+ Hitokiri_03 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

@ procion

PC version+Mods is definitely the best version.

+ Io_Echo on February 12th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Psn, everyone is complaining about it not being out, could you possibly post a time slot of which it may be out? Thanks!

+ farfrompuking on February 12th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

I’ve fully completed skyrim 5 months after the release and been waiting patiantly for the next DLC. I do have the PC version. But I perfer the dual shock 3 over a keyboard anyday

+ farfrompuking on February 12th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

so far playing Dovahkiin track until it comes on

+ Soleiko on February 12th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

Blew the dust off my Skyrim case yesterday and patched. Really excited to finally play the dlc. Now if time would just move a little faster. Thinking about going to watch a pot of water.

+ EL_SHADOW_703 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

At what time is the skyrim dlc available its 2:31 est.. hurry up!!!!! lol….

+ defconjon on February 12th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

So it’s almost 3 o clock and I’m still waiting. THIS IS CUTTING INTO MY DRAGONBORN TIME.

+ Darth-Krayt on February 12th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

mixedkid and a bunch of other bashing Bethesda being whiney little spoiled babies need to get over yourselves and grow up. Time to be big-boy-gamers instead of kids.

You people are so touched in the head and brainwashed by the internet you just repeat any propaganda you read, you jump to conclusions and do absolutely no fact finding of your own. You’re just bashing Bethesda because the internet told you you should. Rediculous.

Skyrim runs perfectly on PS3 now. And it pretty much ran perfectly at launch. It became more broken as they were trying to fix things that weren’t broken to begin with. Also, you tools are pretending the game was perfect or something on 360. I own both and the 360 version was worse when it comes to bugs and glitches, the only specific PS3 problems we the lag over time (fixed) and the water freeze (not sure if fixed, I won’t go in lol). And Oblivion was better on PS3 aside from no trophies. So 50% off makes good.

IDC about Hearthfire, but Dawnguard and Dragonborn for $20 is pretty good.

+ BUL3TPROOFKILLR on February 12th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I almost lost faith in Bethesda and Skyrim, but with this awesome news…. just take my money!

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on February 12th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

You’re welcome

+ Soleiko on February 12th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

Umm, so is anyone else opening the store every five minutes in anticipation or am I alone in that.

+ arillius7 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Just sittin’ here burnin’ my horsey to level up destruction while Malukah’s Dragonborn Comes(10 hour version) plays in the backround.

+ narya100 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Maybe someone can explain to me why dlc is always released during the afternoon when games are released at midnight, even some day one digital titles. Especially with this dlc being 8 months late.

+ spok115 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

so there was just two more blog updates and one mentions the psn update…? is the skyrim dlc availiable now???

+ Soleiko on February 12th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Never seen a day one digital release at midnight. I mean I knew you could buy a code from a retailer, but never saw the game itself available. Though I am limited in my day one buys.

+ BUL3TPROOFKILLR on February 12th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

Why is everyone criticizing Bethesda for trying to give us the best experience possible while playing Skyrim. At least they actually had the will to release a DLC for us, so why don’t we support them.

+ Soleiko on February 12th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

@spok115

As soon as the store updates, yes.

+ Soleiko on February 12th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

@77

Cuz haters gonna hate

+ Io_Echo on February 12th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

I keep checking the store and the internet like every few minutes!!! gah! Hurry PSN!!! I might just die of anticipation!

+ EL_SHADOW_703 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

2:50 p.m. est!!! and waiting,lol

+ farfrompuking on February 12th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

name the ironies in Skyrim

- a Kajiit thats also a werewolf

- An Altmer in the Stormcloak rebellion

- Arch-Curate Vyrthur asking a Nord who weilds Wuuthrad to kill his own brother

- A Nord who is with the Forsworn

- A Listener from the Darkbrotherhood gains entry to Sovngarde

- An Orsmer who is a Bard

+ PrecursorLegacy on February 12th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

I’ve waited what seems like an eternity, so I can wait a little longer.

+ Darth-Krayt on February 12th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

Sony should just come out and say “From now on PS Store updates are Wednsdays at mid-night.”. So then everyone will be happy when the store updates Tuesday evenings…..well ahead of schedule.

+ taylahh110510 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

Please be soon, i’ve waiting to long to get dragonborn, when i heard of its release i flipped out, aslong as i get it today i guess i will survive, Atleast bethesda is trying for us PS3 users.

+ jakeman-098 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

it’s 3:00 and still isn’t on sale. come on when is it avalible to buy. if we have to wait till tomarow i’ll be mad as hell!

+ EL_SHADOW_703 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

2:58 p.m est !! still waiting,lol… 2 more minutes til 3p.m. com on psn…

+ taylahh110510 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

2:59 and counting….

+ Stovetoptax1982 on February 12th, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

i bought the skyrim dlc and put the code in says invalid code when will it be avaiable to download

+ wickraist on February 12th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

I agree with Darth-Krayt. Store updates on Tuesnight not Tuesday or Wedsmorning. lol

+ phildaman on February 12th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

It says that they’re dlc s there but I search for then but cannot find them, really confused

+ arnold1555 on February 12th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

AWESOME!!!!!!! gonna buy every add on day one *EVIL LAUGH* thanks Bethesda!!!

+ Io_Echo on February 12th, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

@Stovetoptax1982 It should be out around 3-7 pm pst

+ BUL3TPROOFKILLR on February 12th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

The Scrolls have foretold. No one ever believed they would come. No one believed the DLC would ravage the lands of the Playstation, but there was one that came. DRAGONBORN!

+ Stovetoptax1982 on February 12th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

game stop has the dlc for skyrim funny spn should of had all this done before there do date

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on February 12th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

It’ll be later this afternoon

+ bpax94 on February 12th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

well this gives me time to study for my Chem exam tomorow lmao :P thanks Bethesda for the DLC finally, and thanks PSN for potentially saving my Chem grade! cheers

+ EL_SHADOW_703 on February 12th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

3:07 p.m. est nothing yet. lol !!!! whats going on psn????

+ Stovetoptax1982 on February 12th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

i called game stop they have it but the guy told me might not work until playstation puts it on there psn so i bought it at game stop and waiting for psn to do there part

+ EL_SHADOW_703 on February 12th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

well going to take a #2, then shower, cook something then get on ps3, lol… that should be 2 hrs….lol

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar