No Man's Sky

First PS3 Skyrim DLC, Dragonborn, Lands Today

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar + Posted by Matt Grandstaff on Feb 12, 2013 // Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC

The wait is over! For the next three weeks, we’ll be releasing a new Skyrim add-on each week on PSN. This week, with Dragonborn, you’ll journey beyond Skyrim to Solstheim, an island off the coast of Morrowind. Use all your abilities and skills honed in Skyrim to save the island from a mysterious power that threatens to destroy Solstheim’s inhabitants.

Beyond Dragonborn’s main quest, the content is packed with hours of new areas to explore complete with new characters, new towns, new dungeons and plenty of new side quests to complete. And for elite players that have attained Level 81 status, you’ll have a chance to square off with the game’s fiercest adversary, The Ebony Warrior.

For more details on Dragonborn, available for 50% off ($9.99) during launch week only, read our list of features below:

• Explore Beyond Skyrim – Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.
  • Become the Ultimate Dragonborn – Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.
  • New Powers – Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.
  • New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more – Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

Next week we’ll be back with information on next Tuesday’s release, Hearthfire.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 14

+ hondaloyal on February 12th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

upgrade shouts? hmmm.. didn’t know about that; gonna half to check it out. I just go back and forth to Urag and find books for him; better than wandering around…

+ AloAlmighty on February 12th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

I feel like I’m 8 years old again, and I have been waiting for Christmas to come all year. Well, it’s Christmas Day and I ran into the Living Room (Turned on my PS3) and looked under the tree (Opened the Playstation Store) and I found out that Santa didn’t get off his lazy butt to deliver my presents. And now I’m waiting and waiting, staring at the chimney (Keep refreshing the Playstation Blog/ Bethesda Blog/ Playstation Store) hoping and waiting

+ jwernecke on February 12th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

I understand that some people in this world are really slow but come on. The DLC will release in the same time frame that it always does. As for the 1.08 patch not fixing anything…..a patch CAN NOT retroactively fix a game. If you save is bloated to 8,9,15mb like some of mine are they wont magically shrink. To get the full benefits from a patch unfortunately it will cost you a new game. I started a new character last night. I turned off the “Autosave on travel” feature and everything is running very smooth. My load screens have never been shorter. When the game doesn’t have to save after every door it will run faster. Save on wait, and save after 15 or 30 minutes is more than enough.

Dont take me for a fanboy. Bethesda has pissed me off in the past with this. But when they said that they were working towards a solution no matter what and then they release the dlc how can you fault them.

@Post 50 swavage415: Rebuild the database on you PS3. You will lose Album folders and playlist but thats it. Especially with that many games you should be doing that everyso often anyway. Its like defragging your PC its a good thing to do ever so often.

+ Io_Echo on February 12th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

I’ve been doing some easter egg sight seeing while waiting and taking care of some quests. I’m sooo anxious for this dlc!!! PLEASE HURRY PSN!! :D

+ GregoryEvans on February 12th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

i have 2 accounts will the dlc work on both of them

+ beefno on February 12th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

doubt I will buy it..

+ BretonPacMunch13 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

i sure hope that stupid miraak bug wont be present, because its a game breaker

+ padishar1973 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Agree with @153, starting a new character, no big loss, was only level 12 with last one.

+ Goldie-GMoney on February 12th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

I can’t wait for this DLC to come out, I’ve been so bored of MOP lately.

+ AloAlmighty on February 12th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Alright, come on guys… So Bethesda pissed all over us. At least we are getting any DLC. I for one am buying it, I just love Skyrim too much.

Don’t get me wrong I would love a PS3 exclusive DLC just so that I can shove my foot up the butts of every one of my friends who own Xbox’s that have been harrassing me since Dawnguard was announced, but it all comes down to this: Buy the DLC because it is going to be awesome. You can hate Bethesda but still love Skyrim! We ARE getting DLC now, no more whining.

+ DjBrownBoy on February 12th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

omfg where is the dlc?

+ padishar1973 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

@153 how do you rebuild the database?

+ MastehHookz on February 12th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

just patiently waiting…. :) I think it will be on there a tlike 5PM eastern time.

+ AloAlmighty on February 12th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Wow! that Third Person water thing is true…

+ DEADSPEAK-GER on February 12th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

Where it is???? No DLC!!!! common, whats the trouble? Its 22:14 or 10:14pm in Germany therefor 16:14 or 04:14pm. Lets upload this heavenly scum

+ AloAlmighty on February 12th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

@MastehHookz That’s in 45 min

+ ExciteM1ke on February 12th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

Have to say I find it funny that so many people act like Bethesda just didn’t care about the PS3. Money is Money. They don’t care where it came from. And it’s not like they were sitting on their butts doing nothing this entire time thinking “meh, the PS people can wait. That won’t hurt our image at all.” I’m not saying, it couldn’t have been handled a little better, but please don’t act like we’ve all been intentionally persecuted against.

…Having said that, I’ve never had so much trouble trying to get a company to take my money. Hurry up and update! lol

+ DjBrownBoy on February 12th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

is it out yet?

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 12th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

I guess I’ll have to explain this another way since some people don’t read.

Don’t expect the store update for at least another 2 hours. It’s 4 over here on the East coast, and the store doesn’t usually update until 5-10.

+ Stovetoptax1982 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

so bought the redeem code waiting on the dlc to be put on psn

+ taylahh110510 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

@aloAlmighty what 3rd person thing??

+ AloAlmighty on February 12th, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

@167 No kidding… But the fact is, Bethesda made the Skyrim port for Xbox and then crapped out the one for PS3

+ AloAlmighty on February 12th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

@taylahh110510 Check comment 147

+ katuc on February 12th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

Can someone post when the dlc is available in the store. It’s only because the new psn store takes forever to load. If someone does do this, thankyouin advance.

+ mrK619 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

WHAT TIME!? WHAT TIME!? WHAT TIME!? I Mean Honestly!!!!

+ taylahh110510 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

@AolAlmight the water in whiterun or out?

+ ZackaryMilatent on February 12th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

can i play #dragonborn yet? lets take this forum talk to twitter and trend #Dragonborn #PSN #Failure follow me @MilaNtent2Rule

+ ExciteM1ke on February 12th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

@173 The game itself is a different matter. They did rush out the PS3 port, and it didn’t go well. But they have been working on it. There have been patches, and they are trying to make it better… And the reason we don’t have the DLC yet is because they were avoiding making the same mistake. They are doing exactly what their fan base asked them to do. Get it right, before you release it. If anything, to me this shows they were listening.

+ Stovetoptax1982 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

the only store i found the dlc at is game stop store

+ VoltJolt112 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

Y’know, I feel like a real good boy waiting this long… and then some.

But honestly, if Bethesda was honest and had any real trust for their customers like they had for them, then they wouldn’t have had to say every WEEK that “we’re working hard to bring you the DLC!” Honest people don’t need to repeat themselves.

I really hope it comes out… I have been “this” close to returning Skyrim, and it makes the gamer in me feel broken inside because I remember how happy I was when I first got Skyrim… some of the happiest months of my life.

Don’t let me down, Bethesda. Please.

+ RockMarine on February 12th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

Ok so it is past the time the store normally updates itself. Is this all a joke again or is there really going to be DLC? I am excited to much to have emotions played with lol

+ vaan285 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

when is this coming to PSN? it’s 4:26pm here on the East Coast and yet nothing. why isn’t DLC released earlier during the day? If I have to wait til tomorrow I will not be happy…

+ JuanBSM on February 12th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

Skyrim is the best game ever.

+ xRagequit505 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

ive been waiting preparing my wood elf for dragonborn please give. us an estimated time frame of when it will be ready.

+ DEADSPEAK-GER on February 12th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

@DjBrownBoy: No, its not out now

+ AloAlmighty on February 12th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

You can follow me at @AloAlmighty

+ PumpkinCrazy on February 12th, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

I have never had any problems what so ever with Skyrim in the last 15 months. I play it religiously. I have played it on xbox and have to say there really isnt any difference. Slower framerate? Its the same. Glitches? There on xbox as well. Memory problems? Never seen any of them nor had them. I do have a newer PS3 like maybe 2 years old and have noticed that people with older fat PS3’s have had most of the problems. Im just glad I went with the PS3 version mostly because my 360 as they all do is dead in the water and I would raving angry had I bought skyrim for the dlc like I intended to do 2 weeks ago.

+ Kody_Blaine on February 12th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

I can’t wait!

+ undeadslayer115 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

It’s 4:31 here in Georgia and I STILL DON’T SEE THE DLC IN THE STORE!

+ PumpkinCrazy on February 12th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

and TURN those auto save features off! Manually save everytime! The game runs Sooooooo much smoother ;)

+ AloAlmighty on February 12th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

@PumpkinCrazy I like my old and fat PS3….. It runs fine too.

+ nitemarez559 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

lies lies lies huh psn?

+ KONE_THE1 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

1159 is still feb 12 2013

+ Vespicross on February 12th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

It’ll be up when I get the the eldergleam sap for danica. Soon.

+ jimmyfoxhound on February 12th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

I know some people are upset with Bethesda and I kind of wish this whole thing had been handled better (and really I wish the PS3 was a better machine so it wasn’t always getting the ugly end of the stick when it comes to multipatform games) but I’m sooooo going to buy this. The time I spent with Skyrim was lots of fun. There were times where things would get janky and the ever expanding save file was always worrysome but I never really had too many issues overall and got 100+ hours of fun out of the game. I’m going to delete my save and game data and start fresh with the new patch and I have my fingers crossed that the janky-ness really has been smoothed out.

+ nitemarez559 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

and you’re still gonna charge us for the game and you wont even bring it live, i was happy as sht when i got skyrim for ps3, but now all you have done is angered many of ppl…you guys suck big ones..

+ AloAlmighty on February 12th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Is anyone else funny about how their guy is positioned and where he/she is located for when you first play Skyrim after downloading DLC?

+ xRagequit505 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

“dragonborn will be great.” waiting waiting waiting “get your head int he game bethesda” if i dont get hte dlc soon ill go berserk

+ Ratpatrol01 on February 12th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Does any of the dlc have new music?

+ PumpkinCrazy on February 12th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Nope. I was very adamit about starting a new character after I seen the patch yesterday looooool

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 14