PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Live with MLB 13’s The Show Live

Nick Livingston's Avatar + Posted by Nick Livingston on Feb 14, 2013 // Game Designer, MLB 13 The Show

Howdy fellow gamers, Nick Livingston back again to introduce another new feature in MLB 13 The Show. Today, we’re going to talk about how MLB 13 The Show will bring you closer to Major League Baseball than ever before with our brand new mode, The Show Live.

The Show Live allows you to play any games from the 2013 MLB schedule with the most up-to-date rosters, lineups, and statistics, fed directly from MLB.com. Whether the game is starting in an hour, or was played a month ago, the presentation and commentary in The Show Live is dynamic to the landscape of the MLB on the date the game was scheduled. Relive a player’s 40th Home Run, clinch the pennant for a team that choked it away, or play along with the game you’re watching or listening to. The Show Live is a mode for the truest of MLB fans.

Please note that the video footage is of a work-in-progress, and many things will update before we hit the shelves.

Lastly, here’s a look at the PS Vita version of MLB 13 The Show. We can’t wait for March 5th, 2013. Can you?

+ JukeboxAddict on February 14th, 2013 at 6:06 am said:

Does this apply to the postseason as well? ie. will we be able to play Division Series, Championship Series, and World Series games in October? Separately from the new Playoff mode, of course.

Nick Livingston's Avatar

+ Nick Livingston on February 14th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

It sure does. Obviously we can’t predict who is going to be in the Postseason, but as soon as the match-ups are determined, the games will be available in The Show Live and will take place in an amped up Postseason atmosphere.

+ tulaib_100 on February 14th, 2013 at 6:25 am said:

Any chance of yakuza saga collection and motorstorm saga collection, sony ? Plz make it happen ….. Also cant wait for this game

+ backbreaker65 on February 14th, 2013 at 6:58 am said:

Good Stuff loving “The Show Live”, my kind of mode. I’m also liking the Vita added some more presentation elements. Nick, as a comparison in reference to presentation if the PS3 is 100% how much of that 100% is in vita i.e. last year was 0% of the PS3 presentation I’m hoping at least 20%.

Nick Livingston's Avatar

+ Nick Livingston on February 14th, 2013 at 5:22 pm said:

Just talked to Jody Kelsey, Senior Producer on VITA this year. He said it’s safe to say that at least 20% of the presentation has been added into VITA this year. That being said, I can say firsthand that it still definitely plays at a much faster pace that PS3 (which I think suits mobile gaming).

+ thrillwell on February 14th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

Very interesting mode. I’m down for better presentation but don’t care to relive any certain moments, but
rather make new ones. Kudos for making 13 with so many changes though.

Any contests gonna happen similar to the rival game? I think that would give a few more people incentive
to purchase The Show, which is clearly the better game.

+ WHITE_PR on February 14th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Firts! I need a PS Vita. MLB12 is still awesome!! This MLB13 will be insane!!! Go Dodgers!!!!!

+ WHITE_PR on February 14th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

BTW I seriously LOVE play MLB12 with the Move Controller. Peace!!

+ undertaker9999 on February 14th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

You know what would be awesome for MLB14 for PS4? Actual in game highlights that happen in real world so for example your playing MLB14 but in real life something happens than a box would come up on your screen and you push say select it would pause the game and than show say a sportscentre news caster that would show the actual replay of what happened than after go back to the video game and continue so you would never miss what happens in real life while your playing the game.. Kinda like what EA tried to do with ESPN when at the main screen they had the radio updates of things that happened real world but make it VIDEO form that be awesome and a great selling point for the next gen consoles

+ EJD_17 on February 14th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

my new favorite mode on my favorite game that is not even out yet can it b march 5 already

+ HITTERSAURUS-REX on February 14th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

MLB’13 ShowLive and It’s uses,, I bet many didn’t see this coming… Super Fabulous MLB.com & MLB’13 unstoppable power.

+ i_like_toast on February 14th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Wish the game was cross buy or at least a discount if you bought the ps3 and vita version.

+ HatmanTc on February 14th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

@7 while that sounds interesting. it really sounds like a feature that would just pull you of the immersion of the game.

+ mojo86753099 on February 14th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

I can not wait for this game. MLB 12 was a game that both me and my dad could enjoy and play together. My only question is will there be a rivalry mode in the game? That mode was the best way to play a multiplayer game. Will it be returning for MLB 13?

Nick Livingston's Avatar

+ Nick Livingston on February 14th, 2013 at 5:24 pm said:

Rivalry mode is still standing strong in MLB 13.

+ ATLRoAcH on February 14th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

@i_like_toast

You do get a discount on Amazon and maybe some other retailers too. It’s $20 off the Vita version if you buy them together.

+ Train1999 on February 14th, 2013 at 5:23 pm said:

I’m looking forward to this game. It’s the best baseball game by far. As real as it gets. Been playing it since I’ve had Playstation 3. VIta’s version was great too. Looking forward to it in 2 weeks time. Let’s go Braves!!!!

+ JorgeLCastanos on February 15th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Does this apply to the Spring Training games as well?

+ VEEPEE56 on March 2nd, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

I`ve noticed in MLB 12 while in franchise mode, if you are in a neck and neck pennant race in September, there no mention of it in the commentary. Example: I (Mets) was in a September series in Philadelphia tied for first with the Phillies. Through all three games there was no mention of the pennant race. Will this be changed in MLB 13?

+ Bigsmiley89 on March 5th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

why cant i buy any add ons points yet on MLB THE SHOW 13 on the PsN?? may someone please help me with this matter.

+ azjdogg on March 6th, 2013 at 8:34 pm said:

I wish Sony would finally let us create our own season. I’m tired of playing the same teams over and over. Let us choose who we want to play and create our own schedule. That would be awesome. So tired of a short season that I have to play 30 games in a row.