PS4-Infamous

The PlayStation Recap: What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Feb 16, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

This week on PlayStation.Blog, LittleBigPlanet and PlayStation Home got some Valentine’s Day DLC, Inspector Carmelita Fox tried her luck in the online dating market, we talked about the tough choices you’ll have to make in upcoming PS Vita epic Soul Sacrifice, Urban Trial Freestyle on PS3 and PS Vita gets an off-the-wall challenge mode, and lots more!

I got to play some Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance this week, and though it’s my first Platinum game, I’m suddenly very interested in checking out the dev’s earlier work. I also grabbed Closure since it’s free on PlayStation Plus, and it’s making for some relaxing (but sometimes disturbing) nighttime gaming. Rounding out my week is the smoothly animated new PS Vita release Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken.

What are you playing this weekend?

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

21 Comments

+ SacredxSaber on February 16th, 2013 at 4:50 pm said:

Persona 4 and the new characters for playstation all stars were the best update for me thank you ^^

+ JROD0823 on February 16th, 2013 at 4:57 pm said:

Hi Justin,

I’d appreciate it if you could get in touch with Sony Santa Monica and find out why there has been a bait-and-switch with the Kratos statue in the Collector’s Edition of God of War: Ascension.

It was originally supposed to be an 8″ tall statue of Kratos, and in my opinion it looked much better in terms of posing and appearance of quality materials and workmanship. Now it is 6″ tall, and doesn’t look nearly as good in terms of posing, or quality.

I pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition solely for the 8″ statue, and I am now considering downgrading my pre-order depending upon the respone I get back from you from Sony Santa Monica.

It seems that most gamers nowadays do not have attention spans or memories that last longer than 30 seconds, but I know I couldn’t possibly be the only one that has noticed the switch, and would appreciate answers.

Thanks in advance for your help. (Hopefully this thank you isn’t premature.)

+ duke301 on February 16th, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:

I’m Playing: Final Fantasy IV (PSP on Vita), Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
I’m Watching: Skyfall, Walker: Texas Ranger
I’m Listening to: Led Zeppelin (but not on Music Unlimited)
Which reminds me: When are you guys going to get some Zeppelin on Music Unlimited?

+ crazy_kracker1 on February 16th, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:

Watching Super Natural on Netflix need 1 more trophy to play Far Cry 3 awesome game Ubisoft did an amazing job on the game reading nothing. lol

+ Zaeron25 on February 16th, 2013 at 5:35 pm said:

I’m playing: Assassin’s Creed 3 (Multiplayer)
I’m watching: White Collar (Netflix)
I’Listening to: UVERWorld (In my Windows PC)
:D

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on February 16th, 2013 at 6:53 pm said:

Fallout 3 Collector’s Edition For PSN plz !!!

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on February 16th, 2013 at 6:58 pm said:

I’m Thinking about Fallout 3

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on February 16th, 2013 at 7:43 pm said:

I’m Playing: PSASBR, SfxTk, & Ecolibrium.
I’m Reading: The Blog.
I’m Listening: John Lennon – Imagine

+ Elvick_ on February 16th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

Ignoring all the rumors of PS4 being discussed all over the internets. :P

Playing: Sly 4 (Vita and PS3), farming in Ni no Kuni for alchemy
Reading: Nothing
Listening: Kina Grannis ~ Valentine (Paul Detah Remix)
Watching: Brothers & Sisters, Season 2. It used to be so good… trying to finally finish the series. It got so bad though. Not quite to the horrible bits yet. Ryan… you vampire you.

+ IcedDice777 on February 16th, 2013 at 10:11 pm said:

I’m with #2 and like him and many others i pre-ordered based that collectors edition “BASED ON WHAT WAS BEEN PROMOTED/SOLD” to us when it was first announced on this blog.

Please do not ignore legitimate questions from consumers.

Awaiting for clarification. Thank you

+ Asphaltum on February 16th, 2013 at 10:17 pm said:

I’m playing Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen and Fear Effect on my Vita, which for some reason is not available to us loyal North American customers. I had to set up a UK account to play my favorites from back in the day. Shame on you NA PSN keeping these gems from your NA brethren. Shame on you.

+ SergeChecko on February 16th, 2013 at 11:31 pm said:

Waiting for 02.20.2013 Sony Press Conference and Metal Gear Rising

Playing: Closure, FFVII, FVIII and Jetpack Joyride
Listening: Michelle Branch-Hotel Paper & The Spirit Room
Reading: The Blog and The Ramayana
Watching: The Big Bang Theory and Friendas

+ divineLite on February 16th, 2013 at 11:39 pm said:

I’m playing: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (finally beat the game, very hard I can’t even finish Normal mode)
Listening: Blogcast
Watching: various ongoing anime titles

Weird how I see Sly Cooper is very very good… and I can’t hype enough to play the game.

+ tulaib_100 on February 17th, 2013 at 2:58 am said:

Show me the damn kratos statue already, hope its the same as advertised.

+ BANDICOOTKING on February 17th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Hoping for P4A port to vita.
Also P3PFES on VITA.
Also P5 on Vita
Also an open world gameh for Vita.

I’m obviously not wanting much.

+ mrk1976 on February 17th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

I would like to be watching Ultimate Spider-Man on PSN, but the last few episodes have not been posted. Very frustrating, can someone please fix?

+ tru_hippie on February 17th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

You guys have a GOLDEN opportunity here..start marketing and promoting DESTINY on ps3/ps4 its gonna be huge and has great fanbase potential on sony platforms (future ones included)

+ WHITE_PR on February 17th, 2013 at 2:16 pm said:

I’m playing: MLB12 the show / NBA2k13
I’m watching: House of Cards (netflix app, ps3)
I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast 062
I’m wating for Feb. 20 2013

+ perrox5000 on February 17th, 2013 at 6:13 pm said:

Playing: Demon’s souls
Watching: re-runs of House
Listening: Oldies 50s -80s songs
Waitning for: the new god of war

+ Mexicen_Loco on February 17th, 2013 at 9:36 pm said:

your miss two of the best Playstation classic Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. :)
hope you guy can add rhem

+ Zionine on February 18th, 2013 at 5:44 am said:

I’m playing: Ni No Kuni, Persona 3, Ys 7, and Valkyria Chronicles 2.
I’m watching: How I Met Your Mother(again with the gf), Psych, Walking Dead
Listening: Flo(No Limits), Pendulum/Porter Robinson, Lydia
Waiting for: Feb 20, to see if it’s what I hope it is(A new vita redesign announcement)