PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Plus Update: Vanquish Joins Instant Game Collection

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Feb 18, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

We’ve got a monster update to the Instant Game Collection today as not one, but two fantastic games are coming to PS Plus members for free! By now, you’ve got your hands on last week’s addition: Closure. Dungeon Defenders is still free in PlayStation Plus, and has a PS3 Community XP Event coming up this Thursday (register here for more info).

With tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update, you’ll be able to download Vanquish and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X free if you’re a PS Plus member. We’ve got more including special content for Dust 514, and a launch week discount; so without further ado, let’s get to the goods.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

February 19th PlayStation Plus Update

Vanquish (PS3)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Celebrate the release of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance by playing one of Platinum’s finest action titles: Vanquish. The same studio that’s bringing you Raiden this week, also delivered one of the finest sci-fi shooters in Vanquish. Check out its fast and fluid combat system, experience the visceral melee combat, and download this PS3 Full Game free as a PS Plus member.

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (PSP and PS Vita Compatible)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

An enhanced remake of the classic Mega Man X, complete with 3D character models, remixed music, and all new unlockable features, this is classic Mega Man turned up to 11. When Sigma leads a group of Reploids in a revolt against mankind, it’s up to X and Zero to protect the world from ruin. You can download this title free as a PS Plus member and play it on your PS Vita, or PSP.

Dust 514 Starter Pack

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

DUST 514 brings intense infantry combat, large-scale warfare, and deep character advancement to a free-to-play massively multiplayer shooter. Wage war in the next generation of first-person shooters, where a single victory could prove the crushing blow to a galactic empire of thousands of online EVE Online gamers. While the game is still in its beta phase, you can take advantage of this free Starter Pack. Remember, additional content you purchase in Dust 514 while it’s in beta will be carried over to your account when the game sees its full release. You can download Dust 514 now, and it’s free to play.

Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3 and PS Vita – No Cross Buy)

20% off for PS Plus members (PS3 Version: Original price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99 PS Vita Version: Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Urban Trial Freestyle challenges players to push their risk-taking to the absolute limits and deliver maximum stunt rewards. The game`s nonstop action is complemented by a host of features including multiple game modes, leader boards, rider and bike customization, and much more. With slick urban detailed graphics and an innovative physics engine fine-tuned for fun pick-up and play, the game has been specifically engineered to get the most out of both PS3 and PS Vita versions.Learn more about the game from the PlayStation Blog’s coverage and download it this week!

PlayStation Community Update 2-15-2013

Don’t forget about the upcoming Dungeon Defenders PS3 Community XP event as well! The game is still free for PS Plus members. Click here to learn more on how to sign up for this event!

Lastly, if you haven’t downloaded Retro City Rampage or PAYDAY: The Heist, today is the last day they will be free in PS Plus; same goes for the Critter Crunch, Derrick the Deathfin and Karateka discounts.

Let us know your feedback on PlayStation Plus in the comments below, and don’t forget to use the poll links to speak your mind about what content you liked the most. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PS Plus Update 2-19-13

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 11

+ pfblues on February 18th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

YEEESSSSSSSSS!!! I LOVE YOU!

+ destruction1983 on February 18th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

awesome very great titles thank u guys very much =D

+ ChipWhitley on February 18th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

This is an awesome update! I already have Vanquish, but it’s cool that other Plus members will be able to play this criminally underrated game. And Megaman X for the Vita is a great addition. That was one of my favorite games back in my SNES days, so playing an updated version is gonna be sweet. Also, too bad about the no-cross buy on Urban freestyle. I understand It’s their game and they can choose how they want to sell it. But the cross-buy promotions really helps justify purchases for us members who have a PS3 and a Vita.

+ AizawaYuuichi on February 18th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

Nothing for me this week, but I voted “13 for ’13” sale as the highlight of January. I also just played through Critter Crunch’s Adventure mode last night. Really fun game and totally worth the $1.40 we got it for on discount.

+ Dragonslayer_023 on February 18th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

Mega Man isn’t my bag, but I am in favour of Plus getting more PSP titles since I never owned one.

+ Shion093 on February 18th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

Hello , thanks for this update and i have one question, will be MG Rising available on the PS Store Digital?

+ MerricK1313 on February 18th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

Morgan! What do I have to do to take advantage of another year subscription of PS plus to obtain the 3 extra months while I ALREADY have a year subscription in my account profile? Do I add another subscription and delete the old one? Of if I were to leave both would I get renewed once my first subscription was up?

Thanks!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on February 18th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

Plus subs stack, so when you pick up extra time, it stacks on your current subscription. So no extra work is required on your part; you get everything you pay for.

+ ston1cus on February 18th, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

Will be getting Megaman X tomorrow. I had it for the psp, and it looked good. :)

+ Shingo2k1 on February 18th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Wow Vanquish is a great game

+ YungShep on February 18th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

its funny to see someone say Foosball was a better update then Vanquish……………………………….L……………M……………A…………………O

CANNOT BE SERIOUS….

+ Gokuhan_Z on February 18th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

I’ve never played Vanquish, but the video looks great and it has 84 on Metacritic so I’m looking forward to that.
And I’ve played the living crap out of Mega Man X on SNES and the PS2 collection, but I’ll still download it to the Vita and check it out.
Looking forward to the update!

+ betuo_EL_best on February 18th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Yay, thank you so much!
My threat about xbox worked hahahahaha

+ Uraizen on February 18th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Let you know my thoughts? My thoughts are that Vanquish is awesome and Maverick Hunter X is awesome. Updates like this are awesome.

+ Dang_Man on February 18th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

NOT AS BAD AS DECEMBER TO JANUARY BUT STILL VERY UNATTRACTIVE GAMES HERE, I WAS HOPING FOR CASTLEVANIA OR A PS2 HD GAME.

+ JayBizzle311 on February 18th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

Vanquish.. been waiting for this one ever since my friend showed it to me the back in 2011 when I got my PS3

keep the updates coming.

+ aka_dark_knight on February 18th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

Cool! PS + is worth having!

+ ZaRnYtH on February 18th, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

lol well no Maverick Hunter X for me i just bought it 2 weeks ago but vanquish looks good

+ TerraAshura on February 18th, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

Vanquish will probably be cool but I’m hella excited for Mega Man X! Was just recently thinking about buying it, now I don’t have to! 8D

+ TitleOne on February 18th, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

@betuo_EL_best

Please don’t say that, the thought that anyone would think your “threat” was serious is pathetically sad and embarrassing.

Xbox is a POS. If you like playing mainly two exclusives games and paying to use Live, then yeah, its such a great system!*

*sarcasm.

+ igornaweb_BR on February 18th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

Sorry off topic but i have a question, can i charge my pulse elite 7.1 using vita’s charger?

Vanquish is awesome

+ freshprincepbg on February 18th, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

I can’t believe my eyes, a GREAT update! Finally!!

+ x–TkA–x on February 18th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

Interesting update, i’ll try out vanquish since everyone is saying its fab! Been playing dust 514 off and on for a few months (still trying to figure it all out) so i’ll be getting the free pack too.

I got dead space 2 limited edition this week so im no longer going to request it, but my vote is now solely on red dead redemption!

PS. I was curious to know if there is a list of the games someone woudl have if they’ve been with PS+ since it started? Can anyone tell me what or point me to where i can see what games are on that list?

+ blakseed on February 18th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Bet people will enjoy Vanquish. It’s pretty awesome.

+ USRevenge2 on February 18th, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

awesome

Dust 514 is a great shooter, and vanquish is a game I never got. Mega man is on vita so i’l never play it but still I am getting a free game and stuff in a game I love. not bad for less than $5 a month.

also yea EU PSN+ is better, but NA PSN+ is still lightyears ahead of XBL gold.

+ kingpdoubleR on February 18th, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

Is PSN down now for this update ? I can’t sign in , I’m still able to download the games I got yesterday, my system test said ip succeeded internet succeed psn failed.

+ TALLglassofWATER on February 18th, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

I’m not at all excited about vanquish… it looks silly. but at least all the “I want full games with realistic graphics even if they aren’t quality games” people will settle down now. megan man could be cool if it is crossplay enabled like many other free vita games in the past

+ Ghostwize on February 18th, 2013 at 2:58 pm said:

WHAT?!

No free Kingdom Hearts?!! :P

Seriously though. Good update. My brother says Vanquish is awesome. One of the few full retail games I haven’t played. My son crapped his pants when I told him he gets to play Mega Man Maverick Hunter X on the PSP tomorrow. I almost bought it for him a week ago! I hear it’s the best Mega Man game ever made and it actually looks awesome.

Still hoping for some Saints Row 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur in the near future! Volition was sold off and Amalur is a dead franchise so I would think these could be easier to acquire for the IGC(and amazing additions). I could be way off base though! :D

FUN FACT: After Jeffrey Dahmer ate his vegetables he burned the wheelchairs……….

+ klassymike on February 18th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

@Morgan…Are you really going to let #125 get away with that last comment without banning him? That was very uncalled for!

BTW. Great Update! Can’t wait to play Vanquish and Urban Trials Freestyle. Thanks!

+ Alkaiser27 on February 18th, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

Hope that will satisfy all the complainers. Sure does it for me. I actually have the disc of Megaman. Totally love EVE dust

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 18th, 2013 at 3:25 pm said:

Wow Vanquish…..didn’t see that coming. Thanks Morgan and team, great update! I’ll definitely be picking up vanquish, Mega man, and Dust starter pack, maybe even urban trials.

@Morgan by the way does the Dust pack count as DLC? If so, we keep it even if our PS Plus subscription lapses right?

@JoeGoodSnake I love the Mega man battle network games. I would love to see them remake them (especially number 5) for Vita

+ rpgfiend on February 18th, 2013 at 3:26 pm said:

WOW! Now this is the kind of stuff PS Plus members should get on a regular basis. If any one complains about this weeks update I will find a way to somehow reach through the internet and slap you so hard that future generations will feel it.

+ Duffstuff on February 18th, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

SOMEONE PINCH ME!!!

I’m going to install MM on my PsP (not my Vita) i’m going RETRO.

I too, am curious about if you bought the mercenary pack for DUST 514 will this just be added to our account?

To all Those people talking about DUST 514 you have to purchase and upgrade specific skills. SO… if you want to be a good SNIPER just purchase and upgrade those skills to remove scope sway, Shot power, accuracy and, distance. It makes you choose what you are good at and work on those skills only, If you want to fly work on your vehicle skills like speed, shields, and turrets. If you don’t want to loose your weapons just buy the blueprints. DUST rocks can’t wait until the next update I hear it will give foliage to make the maps look better.

Great update keep the MAGIC coming.

+ andres74 on February 18th, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

Man I feel like the uk gets better games

+ nolo451 on February 18th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

@ andres,

Go get a EU subscription then.

+ rpgfiend on February 18th, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:

This is obviously all meant to coincide with the release of Metal Gear Rising. All these games have to do with cybernetics and the future.

+ TJF588 on February 18th, 2013 at 3:48 pm said:

I’m afraid how many posts will decry Vanquish as sub-par for a “Full Game”, despite it being cited as one of Europe’s selling points.

As for me…
– Dunno how much mileage I’ll get out of Vanquish, since I’m not one for shooters (outside, like, TF2). However, since it’s third-person, I may be compatible with it.
– Already have Maverick Hunter X, but when paired with the Mega Man 9+10 pack, this feels great. Maybe Capcom will even put Powered Up! on the PSN (especially since we have all those avatars from it).
– Haven’t gone into Dust 514 beyond the home base thing, but since at least one of my friends plays EVE, I may see if I can do anything for his game.

– For this week, voted Maverick Hunter X. Again, so good to have that available to youse alls.
– For this month, voted 13 for ’13 Sale (why not other discounts, like Critter Crunch’s 75%+ one?), Mega Man 9+10 Combo Pack (see above), and, though I’m not entirely enthused for it myself, Darksiders, since I could use more action/action-adventure types.

+ MichelleCS on February 18th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

Looks like good stuff this week, awesome thanks!

+ DarkKnightLuigi on February 18th, 2013 at 4:13 pm said:

I’m pretty happy with this, definitely since I’ve been wanting to play Megaman X again and now there is a new game to try out since I haven’t played Vanquish yet, I love how I am open arms to what Sony has to offer to the community :)

+ SpooNManX on February 18th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

Anyone know what’s up with the PSN Store right now?
I keep getting a 80023106 error when I try to connect.

+ webzpinner on February 18th, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

Well, this is a week of “Pass” for me. Nothing remotely interests me. Everytime I go into the 514 beta, it’s empty. Megaman games are too much of a headache for me for portable gaming (the difficulty on them is insane for casual players), and the rest don’t have my interest at all. Unlike many here, however, I will not demand a refund, or threaten to not renew my PS+ membership, I will just play the dozens of games I’ve downloaded thanks to PS+ that I DO like, and wait for more.

Again, I shall take this moment to whisper to the PR people at Sony: Please get in touch with PSN content makers to deliver fun games like Castle Crashers, Skull Girls, Scary Girl, X-Men Arcade, and TMNT Reshelled for the Vita. My Vita is with me EVERYWHERE… now give me more reasons to play it.

+ Sevyne on February 18th, 2013 at 4:30 pm said:

I already own Maverick Hunter X, but this is actually a fantastic update. If I didn’t already own the game I’d have voted it in the poll, but Vanquish it is! Thank you for this week.

+ T-8k8O_ on February 18th, 2013 at 4:35 pm said:

Awesome,thats what im talking about =)

+ terminode on February 18th, 2013 at 4:39 pm said:

Another week, another game I already own.

+ Lefoul-123 on February 18th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

I dont like dust 514, mediocre fps in my opinion.

+ ACESMONEY24 on February 18th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

Why is Urban Trial Freestyle cheaper for PS Vita then it is for PS3? It looks like a rip off to me!

+ PrimeroIncognito on February 18th, 2013 at 4:49 pm said:

@ ACESMONEY24

Because it’s a SUPPOSEDLY inferior version of the game…

+ ACESMONEY24 on February 18th, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

I guess, but it still suck…

+ TJF588 on February 18th, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

@290 webzpinner – Unfortunately, TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled has been pulled from the PS Store (due to licensing, I think). There was actually a little notice about it on the Store ’round that time, but unlike on the Xbox LIVE Arcade, there wasn’t a discount, so I, for one, passed. Convinced my brother to get it for XBLA, but mere days before it went on sale for Gold members, haha!

+ saab01 on February 18th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

Nice addition to the IGC I played the demo of this back when it first came out but never got a chance to buy it. Its great now that I will be able to play it for free and rack up some trophy’s.

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 18th, 2013 at 5:22 pm said:

Oh and please can we get a vita sale this or next week? I’d like to get my vita something nice for his 1st birthday coming up on friday : )

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 11