PS4-The Order

Hotline Miami Assaults PS3 and PS Vita This Spring

Fork Parker's Avatar + Posted by Fork Parker on Feb 19, 2013 // Chief Financial Officer, Devolver Digital

The teams at Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital are thrilled to announce that the pixilated brutality and neon hyper-violence of Hotline Miami will be testing the will of gamers on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita this spring. Through unknown black magic and dark arts, our friends at Abstraction Games are crafting an absolutely perfect version of Hotline Miami for both PlayStation 3 and PS Vita and are taking great care to take advantage of both systems nifty features.

For those unfamiliar with Hotline Miami, it’s the debut commercial effort of prolific indie developer Jonatan Söderstrom and artist/designer Dennis Wedin. Hotline Miami almost immediately garnered praise from both gamers and press for its distinct visual presentation, driving soundtrack, breakneck action, and schizophrenic narrative that leaves players with more questions than answers. Since then the game has won awards from IGN, Destructoid, Machinima, and Indiecade culminating with a nomination for the Independent Games Festival’s Grand Prize.

Hotline Miami on PS3 and PS Vita

Hotline Miami on PS3 and PS VitaHotline Miami on PS3 and PS Vita

Hotline Miami is a high-octane action game overflowing with raw brutality, hard-boiled gunplay and skull crushing close combat. Set in an alternative 1989 Miami, you will assume the role of a mysterious antihero on a murderous rampage against the shady underworld at the behest of voices on your answering machine. Soon you’ll find yourself struggling to get a grip of what is going on and why you are prone to these acts of violence.

Rely on your wits to choreograph your way through seemingly impossible situations as you constantly find yourself outnumbered by vicious enemies. The action is unrelenting and every shot is deadly so each move must be quick and decisive if you hope to survive and unveil the sinister forces driving the bloodshed. Hotline Miami’s unmistakable visual style, a driving soundtrack, and a surreal chain of events will have you question your own thirst for blood while pushing you to the limits with a brutally unforgiving challenge.

Stay tuned to @HotlineMiami on Twitter for sweet, sweet details as Hotline Miami makes takes aim at PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

PAGE 1 2

+ xClayMeow on February 19th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

PC version got good reviews, but I haven’t tried it since there’s no demo. Looking forward to seeing how it’ll play on a Vita though. Please consider a demo!

+ UncannySilk on February 19th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

AWWWWWWW YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Best game of 2012, hands down.

+ Xer0Signal on February 19th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Way too excited about this. So glad it’s coming, and, seemingly, so soon!

+ Tokki-Ddong on February 19th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

great news. this makes strawberry face happy.

+ aro52 on February 19th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Fantastic! Listen to the soundtrack all the time, and now I can actually experience it with the game!

+ Ryumoau on February 19th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

i’ll get it as long as its under $9.99 and Cross-buy.

Fork Parker's Avatar

+ Fork Parker on February 19th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Then you’re in luck dude. :)

+ TONX on February 19th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

SO BOUGHT!

+ NoAssociation on February 19th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Great news! I really enjoyed the PC version (and I gave it a 10/10 on my blog newgameplus.co). I will happily re-purchase it to play on my Vita.

+ reson8er on February 19th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Awesome News guys! Whoever is responsible for making this happen, keep it up the good work.

Fork Parker's Avatar

+ Fork Parker on February 19th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

We’re (Devolver Digital) working with Dennaton Games and Abstraction Games (handling the port) to make this happen. Can’t wait to share!

+ MmaFanQc on February 19th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

i already own the game on Steam, but will gladly repurchase it a second times on ps vita, its just too well suited for it to ignore this awesome game.

+ Revolutionary on February 19th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Amazing news – such an awesome game and I’m glad a whole new audience will be able to experience it. :)

+ Berae on February 19th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

loll this looks fun, it reminds me of C-dogs which I have played a lot.

+ Falaut on February 19th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Good move! Was really hoping this would happen.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on February 19th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Very interesting. First I’m seeing of this game. Looks like GTA Vice City meets Retro City Rampage. I’d get it.

+ JetSetFuture on February 19th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

I’d “kill” for some Hotline Miami dynamic themes and avatars.

+ PWNGEoftheGODS on February 19th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Will Hotline Miami support Cross-Play and Cross-Buy?

Fork Parker's Avatar

+ Fork Parker on February 19th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

That’s the plan!

+ langdon on February 19th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Finished this on PC, will absolutely buy it again for Vita! Great game.

>> “pixilated brutality and neon hyper-violence”

It’s interesting — to me, violence is hardly the draw of this game, but that’s the main thing that the description points to. As I see it, at its core, the game is just a twitch puzzle game… an EXCELLENT twitch puzzle game. I feel like the game play mechanics could have worked in any setting (violent or not).

Also, *pixelated.

+ akiratech on February 19th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

omg omg yes sir i am all over this

+ SarshelYam on February 19th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Bought this on Steam…bought it for friends as gifts, it goes without saying that I’ll pick it up again so I can have this gem everywhere I go.

Now if only Sony supported a “GIFT” feature on the store, I’d be shilling this out like Christmas was every day of hte year. Seriously.

Great game Fork. Hands down the best independent release I played last year, and I played plenty. I picked up the soundtrack during one of the bundle sales, but was saddened to see it didn’t include much of the Jasper Byrne tracks. That said, I know you have the full OST up through Soundcloud, but I would LOVE to see a GAME + SOUNDTRACK bundle on day one. Not the small sampler OST, the big 22 track pack would be awesome!

Please?

+ IIL0YDII on February 19th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

What about controls?Its sometimes hard even with kb+mouse.

Fork Parker's Avatar

+ Fork Parker on February 19th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Practice, practice, practice.

+ ASC2175 on February 19th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

DAMMIT GIMME NAOW! (>O__O)>

+ knightsnavi on February 19th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

I was really hoping for a console port of this; the Vita and the Cross-Buy are just icing. Will the OST be available as well?

+ Nazotchi on February 19th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

I played the PC version with a controller and I just kept thinking how well it would work on the Vita, so I’m very happy about this and more than willing to buy it a second time.

+ nikornflakes on February 19th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

HOLY COW WILL TRIPLE DIP WITH A PRICE OF DOUBLE DIP!

one of the best gaming surprises of 2012! PS users will finally experience the brutality of Hotline Miami, YEAH!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on February 19th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Hmm maybe. Need a demo.

Will it have a platinum trophy?

+ Ryumoau on February 19th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Thanks for the response. Can’t wait to finally play the game.

+ DirjelJunshin on February 19th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

Saw Yahtzee’s review for this game and was intrigued, but disappointed. Hate when he reviews PC only games.

BUT, I guess I don’t have to be disappointed anymore come spring. See you guys then.

+ four24twenty on February 19th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Thank You!

This has been on my PS3 wishlist for a minute, Now if we can only get those Charles Barkley games…

+ Anddo on February 19th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

Buy this game people. It’s amazing on PC. The soundtrack stands right up there with the best of them. I get pumped every time I play this game. The music is perfect, and the gameplay is a rush.

+ spideyal on February 19th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Thank you for this! I already bought this on Steam, but I am definitely supporting you guys and getting it on PS3/Vita. My brothers and I absolutely love this game (all bought it on Steam already).

I hope more people will give this a chance. It is truly one of the most unique/challenging/fun games I’ve played in a while.

+ lisatsunami on February 19th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

Yay, more Vita games, thanks!

+ Milagres_ on February 19th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

this… soundtrack!!! The game looks great but I’m sold just for the badass soundtrack!

+ CaptainRadical on February 19th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Is there a way I can just give you my money now?

Fork Parker's Avatar

+ Fork Parker on February 19th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

This is a common issue we face as a small publisher of absolutely magnificent games. While initial attempts by our fans to “throw money at the screen” frequently meet with failure we are working on technology to accept actual payments through this unorthodox method. Additionally, we have a team of scientists developing the ability for us to take payment from consumers without their knowledge or consent but are facing quite a few legal and ethical hurdles before this project can move into beta.

For now we recommend following @DevolverDigital and @ForkParker on Twitter or becoming a fan of use on Facebook at /DevolverDigitalGames. If we find ways to take your money rest assured we will announce them there.

+ HeLLeVeN11 on February 19th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Good news, Day 1 buy

+ TWODEEEE on February 19th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

under 9.99 or not this game is good

Fork Parker's Avatar

+ Fork Parker on February 19th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Like $9.98? Right on $9.99 is more likely. Thanks for the love, can’t wait to get it in your hands!

+ ItaChu on February 19th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

woo hoo thanks thats awesome news i wanted to play this :)

+ Sevyne on February 19th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Really glad to see such a great game make the move to PS3 and Vita. Having this on a portable just seems so right.

+ Linkinito on February 19th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Hello :)
I have two questions towards trophies: will the game have a platinum trophy, and if we unlock a trophy on a system, will it be unlocked on the other?

Thanks! :)

Fork Parker's Avatar

+ Fork Parker on February 19th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

That’s something our friends at Abstraction are looking into. Will definitely let you know once that is all confirmed.

+ sagohichi on February 19th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Yey, one of my dreams come true.
I really wanted to play this game on the handheld. Vita’s control inputs and quick suspend/resume function will enhance the game play greatly.

+ RR99i on February 19th, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

Very excised for Hotline Miami coming to not only PS Vita (which is an absolute great PlayStation handheld) but PS3 as well, just awesome! Gives those that have one or both systems to enjoy this.

I’ve been holding off since hearing news online in October of last year that it may come to Vita. I more prefer console gaming more so than PC gaming, I grew up that way. Held off checking out this great game on PC, just great to hear it’s coming to the PlayStation family! :)

Thanks and can’t wait… but willing to, lol!

+ jcthomas00 on February 19th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

H O L Y C R A P!
I had been checking the Hotline Miami website frequently for months looking to get information on whether this game would even come to Vita so this is the best news I could get! Thank you so much for the port and I look forward to spilling some blood.

+ MakoSOLIDER on February 19th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

@Fork Parker LOL at ur replay to #33

+ MakoSOLIDER on February 19th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

reply*

+ PainOfSarrow on February 19th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

never hurd of this but looks like my style.

+ Tasteemobile on February 19th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

Already picked this up on Steam, but I will gladly throw down another 10 bucks to play it on the PS3/Vita.

I hope there’s a demo, because this one of those games you have to play yourself to really appreciate.

+ asilentnoise on February 19th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

damn, so excited, cant freaking wait !

+ RGRAndrews on February 19th, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

THIS MAKES ME HAPPY ! I love this game, but I wished for a Vita Port and now I got one. Thanks to Sony and thanks to Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital

+ waylander90232 on February 19th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

It’s funny as I heard a lot about this game during the different 2012 awards and almost bought it. I’m not much of a PC gamer though and soon I can get this for $9.99 on my PS3 and Vita… Other company’s should look at how well this sells at this price and learn from it. Great news guy’s.

+ SpooNManX on February 19th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

The game looks like fun.
From a spoon to a Fork. I wish you luck! :)

+ Zezzler on February 19th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

Great news guys!
I was a huge fan of the game (won it through a Dtoid contest), so I’d be more than happy to buy this version to help support you guys (As well as enjoy the game once again on my gorgeous vita).

Any new content such as masks or weapons? or is it just a straight port?
And in terms of controls, will it be the same as gamepad support on PC? or will it be different?

PAGE 1 2