Minecraft PS4

Hotline Miami Assaults PS3 and PS Vita This Spring

Fork Parker's Avatar + Posted by Fork Parker on Feb 19, 2013 // Chief Financial Officer, Devolver Digital

The teams at Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital are thrilled to announce that the pixilated brutality and neon hyper-violence of Hotline Miami will be testing the will of gamers on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita this spring. Through unknown black magic and dark arts, our friends at Abstraction Games are crafting an absolutely perfect version of Hotline Miami for both PlayStation 3 and PS Vita and are taking great care to take advantage of both systems nifty features.

For those unfamiliar with Hotline Miami, it’s the debut commercial effort of prolific indie developer Jonatan Söderstrom and artist/designer Dennis Wedin. Hotline Miami almost immediately garnered praise from both gamers and press for its distinct visual presentation, driving soundtrack, breakneck action, and schizophrenic narrative that leaves players with more questions than answers. Since then the game has won awards from IGN, Destructoid, Machinima, and Indiecade culminating with a nomination for the Independent Games Festival’s Grand Prize.

Hotline Miami on PS3 and PS Vita

Hotline Miami on PS3 and PS VitaHotline Miami on PS3 and PS Vita

Hotline Miami is a high-octane action game overflowing with raw brutality, hard-boiled gunplay and skull crushing close combat. Set in an alternative 1989 Miami, you will assume the role of a mysterious antihero on a murderous rampage against the shady underworld at the behest of voices on your answering machine. Soon you’ll find yourself struggling to get a grip of what is going on and why you are prone to these acts of violence.

Rely on your wits to choreograph your way through seemingly impossible situations as you constantly find yourself outnumbered by vicious enemies. The action is unrelenting and every shot is deadly so each move must be quick and decisive if you hope to survive and unveil the sinister forces driving the bloodshed. Hotline Miami’s unmistakable visual style, a driving soundtrack, and a surreal chain of events will have you question your own thirst for blood while pushing you to the limits with a brutally unforgiving challenge.

Stay tuned to @HotlineMiami on Twitter for sweet, sweet details as Hotline Miami makes takes aim at PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

PAGE 1 2

+ branant221 on February 19th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Easily one of the best games of 2012. The music is so amazing. I can’t wait to get it for my vita.

+ AizawaYuuichi on February 19th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Wow, this looks amazingly fun. And with cross-buy planned, yeah, I’ll definitely be picking this up. And I agree with everyone else, the soundtrack is banging. Looking forward to more news and a firm release date. :)

+ Asphaltum on February 19th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

Can’t wait! The game looks great. Thanks guys. Cheers.

+ xFuzylilManPeach on February 19th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

So pumped ill be able to have this on the go!!! You guys rock! Also a fan of the witty replies to comments from the developers haha

+ mochuuu on February 19th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

awesome news; played on Steam but definitely will play it on the vita and ps3.

+ ARCADDER on February 19th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

I loved this game so much! In fact last weekend I played it and wondered how cool it would be to play it on my VITA, and today I see this! Totally buying on day one, my only concern is the controls but I’m sure they will come up with something.

+ Ghostwize on February 19th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

Looks great. Want inside me.

+ bitmuncher on February 19th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

Got the PC version and definitely will get this one!!! Any chance PS+ subscribers get a discount?! ;-)

+ Wallace73 on February 19th, 2013 at 3:52 pm said:

I hope it comes in 3d I always thought with the colors and all it would be very interesting in 3d!

+ djblewis on February 19th, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

So good. No problem buying this one twice.

+ califoreigner on February 19th, 2013 at 5:54 pm said:

can’t wait to get this on my vita

+ Metalsonic_69 on February 19th, 2013 at 6:07 pm said:

I remember reading an article about this game on the Penny Arcade Report, I thought it was interesting but never got around to trying it.

+ xenosaga200 on February 19th, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

great game i’m buying it for my vita =)

+ Kchow23 on February 19th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

I have heard many great things about this game!! Looking forward to playing it on the PS Vita.

+ ManU_Fan10ne on February 19th, 2013 at 7:33 pm said:

Giantbomb got quoted, ya!!!

GLHB

+ blakseed on February 19th, 2013 at 7:46 pm said:

nice.

+ IDrinkYourBlood on February 19th, 2013 at 11:16 pm said:

Can’t wait to jam out on this game on my Vita. Pretty pumped and surprised! I’m one happy fellow right now.

+ MassaBR on February 20th, 2013 at 1:47 am said:

This was absolutely one of my favorite games of last year, I can’t wait to have it on my Vita.

+ dzilla91 on February 20th, 2013 at 3:11 am said:

Been playing this on my PC for months. Just another reason to have a Vita. This game is the $#^! Will gladly buy it for PlayStation.

+ DrBlack26 on February 22nd, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Well, looks like I have to buy this again.

+ MukaZPJ on March 7th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

I love this game on PC, but really not sure how it will play with a controller. The touchscreen of the Vita might help with weapon aiming…
I guess we’ll see in the near future – will certainly be buying it :D

+ PUNKHEEBO on March 12th, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

PAGE 1 2