PlayStation Vue

Feb 19

LittleBigPlanet Karting

LittleBigPlanet Karting: DLC Cross-Compatibility Out Today!

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar Posted by Michael Buffaloe on Feb 19, 2013 // Community Coordinator, LittleBigPlanet Karting

LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS3

From dressing up your Sackperson in the latest styles to tricking out your Kart with the new hotness, customization is one of the most rewarding parts of playing LittleBigPlanet Karting. It provides a powerful, dynamic way to express yourself while you’re venturing through the abundance of tracks, arenas, and other fantastic content that Karting has to offer.

However, the LBP universe is vast. So vast, many of our biggest Karting fans are also huge fans of our other LittleBigPlanet titles, such as LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. So instead of limiting your wardrobe to what’s available in Karting, today we’re adding a new feature to the game that will allow you to bring your other LBP DLC costumes along for the ride – entirely for free!

LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS3

Plus, if you purchase any new costumes in the future, your updated wardrobe will be automatically available across all of our LittleBigPlanet titles. So no matter which LittleBigPlanet game you’re enjoying, worrying about your costume options are now a thing of the past!

For more information on Cross-Compatibility, be sure to check out our FAQ.

As if that weren’t enough, we’re also offering four new Emergency Services Karts as well – a Police Car, a Fire Truck, an Ambulance, and even a Recue Dinghy – which are actually designed to match each of the Emergency Services uniforms!

LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS3LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS3

Of course, these Karts are exclusive to LittleBigPlanet Karting, so don’t miss your chance to snag them. You won’t see them anywhere else!

PAGE 1 2

+ PainOfSarrow on February 19th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

got this on sale for 10$ , what a STEALLLL.

+ jwj011576 on February 19th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

Will we have to re download all the dlc costumes for this game or will it imported from our saves

+ PRIMUS_420 on February 19th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

I had a feeling this update was coming today so i (re)purchased LBPKarting today. Hope it proves to be worth it

+ Dantexl on February 19th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

Hello Michael.

It great, only one question, I continue having problems whit the auido in special effects like the motor and the whells, there is some way can i fix that or is needed a another patch?, is just i don’t file like i was playing, i need to hear my motor and my whells to feel it.

+ KrisButtar on February 19th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

thanks! one of my fav kart racing games :)

+ zBaH- on February 19th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

is this the very exiting news or is it something different?. this is awesome news but just wondering.

+ Daniel_San_818 on February 19th, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

I have a question about the Beta Tester Vest and it’s availability on LBP:K. Will I be able to use the LBP file for my sackperson, or will i have to download a new file for LBP:K?

+ jwj011576 on February 19th, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

@ zBaH the big news is tomorrow the 20th and maybe info on th and maybe info on the Vita

+ jwj011576 on February 19th, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

Oops the big news is the 20th and it will be about the ps4 and maybe news on the Vita

+ FarmFreshEggBoy on February 19th, 2013 at 3:25 pm said:

I’d like to know if I actually qualified for the Beta Vest, I was in the Karting Beta though I wasn’t able to pick the game up for a while.

+ TamaWilson on February 19th, 2013 at 3:52 pm said:

Where’s Beta Vest version for LBPK?

+ TheBlueFlash13 on February 19th, 2013 at 4:19 pm said:

Will the Incredibles Costumes ever return? I hate that i missed out on them.

+ Metalsonic_69 on February 19th, 2013 at 4:22 pm said:

LMAO boomstick. I love how you act like the game is “unfinished” because of a bunch of frigging costumes. Does that really make so much of an impact on your enjoyment of the game? Do you really think that costumes should be a bigger priority for the developers than, say, fixing lag issues online, or improving stability?

It’s annoying that they took so long to implement this feature after advertising it BEFORE release, but you should be more grateful after whining like a little baby in every LBP-related post in the last several months.

+ tylerh1701 on February 19th, 2013 at 6:03 pm said:

Looking forward to it!

+ Tevious on February 19th, 2013 at 6:17 pm said:

The game still has some bugs and new ones introduced with the last patch. For starters, the audio is gone from the opening cinematic (new). After finishing a track online, there is still no countdown for AI racers. Sometimes if a racer crashes after I finished a race, they will respawn at the beginning of the track and I have to wait for them to finish the track. And can we have something done about the restrictions on the edges of the map in the track creator? Is that really necessary to prevent any kind of terrain or object placement?

+ Gladson on February 19th, 2013 at 7:03 pm said:

“At present, LittleBigPlanet’s DLC Cross-Compatibility feature only supports DLC costumes produced for LBP2, LBPV, and LBPK. Any other titles or content do not fall under the umbrella of this effort.” What? The store hasn’t updated yet so I didn’t check the compatibility, but if that’s true then I’ll be very disappointed (again). I’ve spent a lot of money on costumes for LBP1 and I was hoping to usem them in LBPK — by the way, you’ve promised that: “So, we’re going to let you bring the costumes that you bought for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 along with you… at no extra cost!” – you’ve delayed this feature so much and even after all those months you can’t deliver what had been promised?

+ singulino on February 19th, 2013 at 7:09 pm said:

@THE-PLASTICA-MAN if the Store has already been updated you may probably already missed it and have to wait ’til next year. What you had to do was to “buy” the Cupid costume for Vita, then you had to choose the PS3 file (the pack already included the costume) on the download screen. Yeah, it was confusing as hell and no one from the blog gave advise, I found it thanks to another user.

+ jgrizzle358 on February 19th, 2013 at 7:13 pm said:

Nope, it’s STILL not fixed, this update is useless.

I STILL can’t connect to my friend just like before the update, so that’s a lie about that being fixed.

And the only costumes showing up under downloaded are ones I haven’t purchased yet. Where are my Final Fantasy VII, Assassin’s Creed, inFAMOUS and Uncharted costumes form LBP2? I BOUGHT those.

+ CStancer on February 19th, 2013 at 7:38 pm said:

It’s 1041pm here in Toronto, Canada… Still no store update? I’m so happy I don’t purchase digital first day releases cuz I’d be pissed having to wait this long…. Why do you guys never have an update early in the day… Xbox live that much better of a service?

+ DeacoMiyashiro on February 19th, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

PLEASE Michael Buffaloe, READ THIS

The 1.10 patch did not solve anything. The game is unplayable even offline.
Especially in the levels of the secound world (and beyond, I assume..), the game simply crashes.
The screen goes black and the ps3 shuts down, with a red light still blinking untill I disconect the power.
I only have this problem with LBP Karting, and have even tried other copies of the game.

I want to play it, I really do, please fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

+ Radprofile on February 19th, 2013 at 8:39 pm said:

I can’t find my Black Widow Costume…

+ PeroneyB on February 19th, 2013 at 9:10 pm said:

The online play works so much better. I could join my friends on the first time, every time.

Your previously downloaded costumes are in the store, you just need to download them in Karting. Anything you already own will list the price as free, just go into the store and snag them up.

+ rera121989 on February 19th, 2013 at 10:48 pm said:

best update so far

enough said

+ dsaBOSS on February 19th, 2013 at 11:20 pm said:

Thanks for the update, but I noticed the patch doesn’t support recent DLC costumes like the new Marvel packs that came out not long ago. Also saw that the newer packs aren’t in the same Karting DLC category even though in the description it says they’re compatible with Karting. So will recent/new DLC eventually be supported?

+ Jason_C11 on February 20th, 2013 at 12:08 am said:

I noticed some weird things. First, I’m disappointed it didn’t give me my Vita Launch shirt. Second, in the in game store it showed certain costumes as only individually available and not in the packs, first thing that comes to mind is Muppets pack 2. And thirdly, it was a bit of a pain having to go through and individually download the formerly free ones.

+ Elvick_ on February 20th, 2013 at 1:00 am said:

So glad the PS Store has folders, because if I had to shift through tons of Karting DLC just to browse what was new I would have been so annoyed!

Oh… wait. It doesn’t have folders, and I did have to shift through countless Karting DLC to see what was new on the store.

It’s going to take awhile to download all that DLC one of these days. );

+ Graffin_G on February 20th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

I can get all my other costumes into LBPK, but can’t get the Santa one. First it comes up as available, then unavailable. I’ve tried downloading it through the LBPK store and PSN Store with no luck. :'(

+ sackboy3543 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

I was supposed to get the beta vest cause I was in LBPK beta. I never got it :<

+ ctd100 on February 20th, 2013 at 3:58 pm said:

yall need to seperate all the little big planet add ons in the store. They are littering up the entire list there are so many comming out all the time.

+ ponyboy_chicago on February 21st, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

The update seems to have corrupted my data. It worked fine yesterday, but this morning when we turned it on, we found our previous 95% completion went to 25%, and the game went through all the initial configuration and tutorial screens, like the first time we ever launched it.

We tried to restore the data from our PlayStation Plus automatic online backup, but it did it again.

Others have commented on this as well on the GameFAQ forum too.

FYI we have LittleBigPlanet 2 Digital Edition from the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection.

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

+ Michael Buffaloe on February 22nd, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

We believe we’ve found the culprit.

Patch 1.10 enabled a feature we call the “Magic Moment”. Essentially, it’s designed to automatically detect and queue the DLC you’re entitled to, so you don’t have to do it manually. However, for a very small number of users (less than 10 total individuals so far), it can overwrite your save data.

To ensure this doesn’t continue to happen, we’ve temporarily disabled the feature. If you have a copy of your old save on hand, you can recover it now and it should no longer be overwritten.

You can still download Cross-Compatible DLC too, you just have to do it yourself – the game won’t detect it automatically until we issue a fix in our next patch.

Again, we apologize for the problems you’re running into. Thank you for reporting the bug – it helped nail down how and why it was happening. :)

+ OneMama on February 22nd, 2013 at 6:16 am said:

Dear Michael,

+ Michael Buffaloe on February 19th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:
Patch 1.10 actually contains a huge number of fixes.

Michael, what are you guys doing there at UFG?
The game still does not function properly! WHY???

Please stop making costumes and MAKE A FIX, please!!!

+ fasterthanlight8 on February 24th, 2013 at 5:52 am said:

i have the dlc and it’s awesome

+ Faythi on February 19th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

Woo gotta love little big planet. I picked this game up on sale for $10 but still have yet to play it. I am so looking forward to it though :)

+ ASC2175 on February 19th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

I’m sorry, I felt my heart skip a beat. Is the update coming today?

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

+ Michael Buffaloe on February 19th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

That’s the plan! :)

+ JimmyHACK on February 19th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

+ GLiTcH2 on February 19th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Is there an exact time for the update? Is it when the PS Store updates later?

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

+ Michael Buffaloe on February 19th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

Yep – it’ll go live today, when the PS Store updates later in the afternoon.

+ Welmosca on February 19th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

Finally…can’t wait….btw its just the DLC or our other outfits such as the ones we got for ace a level..will be available as well?

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

+ Michael Buffaloe on February 19th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

The DLC Cross-Compatibility feature is only for downloadable costumes. We don’t officially support Cross-Compatibility for any costumes that aren’t downloaded through the PlayStation Store.

That said, Karting contains almost all of the costumes from past LBP titles, so there are very few that don’t make the jump. More details in our FAQ:

+ KazeEternal on February 19th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

4 months since release…. slackers.

+ Mando44646 on February 19th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

only took 4 or 5 months to actually have the service advertised on the game’s box at launch

+ boomstickbhg on February 19th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

You’re not adding a NEW feature.

You’re finally finishing the game as you advertised it when you sold it last year.

You’ve finally completed the game, long after it came out, with no real apology to the fans… bad form.

I’m glad it’s finally a finished game, but I’m sick of these obvious, insulting PR statements.

I would thank you, but this is something that should have been ready a long long time ago, or at the very least, you should have had better communication with your fans about it.

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

+ Michael Buffaloe on February 19th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

You’re right. And we apologize. Due to issues far beyond our control, this feature ended up being massively more difficult to execute on than we anticipated. I’m not saying it’s okay – it isn’t – but we’re still massively excited about finally being able to bring this feature to you. I hope you still enjoy it! :)

+ jwj011576 on February 19th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

TY Michael can’t wait for update. Do you have a price on the Emergency Services uniforms! And Emergency Services Karts?

+ KAPADO on February 19th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Thank you Mr jesus . i was tired of racing with the same 3 costumes . Going to be playing this more now.

+ THE-PLASTICA-MAN on February 19th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Sorry to write here but it is related. Please can anyone help me? I can find the Cupid costume in the US Store:!/en-us/cid=UP9000-PCSA00017_00-LBPDLCORIGLK0002 but not the Valentine Pack, and I can find the Valentine Pack in the euro french store fro both LBP:!/fr-fr/jeux/extensions/kit-de-niveau-de-la-saint-valent… and LBP Karting:!/fr-fr/jeux/extensions/kit-de-niveau-de-la-saint-valent… It is written free but unavailable, and when I search the Cupidon costume in the french store, I couldn’t find it. Please anyone can help me? I use the french store for LBP Vita and I don’t wnat to miss either the Valentine Pack and/or the Cupidon costume for my Vita. What’s the link or name for this Cupidon costume in french please?

+ DangerousBunny- on February 19th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Seriously, about time. Unbelievable how long this took you people to implement. Don’t lie about your games and content just to get us gamers to buy it. This was supposed to be a feature right from the beginning.

+ onslaughtree on February 19th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

what a society of spoiled brats we have become…..bah blah blah, complain, complain, complain. The DLC is here now, their not charging you for it. Download it an be happy..Keep on Gaming.

+ heedthevil on February 19th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Glad to hear this.

It’s unfortunate that this wasn’t ready with the launch. I can see how checking and/or fixing every single costume item moved to Karting would be a huge task though. I bet the devs are the ones most happy that it’s done.

+ Wolfdre on February 19th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

@Michael Buffaloe // Community Coordinator
Mind a little more insight into this regarding the new karts: “….don’t miss your chance to snag them…..”
Are they limited availability for one reason or another?

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

+ Michael Buffaloe on February 19th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

They aren’t limited in terms of availability, but they are in terms of not being available in other LBP titles. Since DLC costumes can now be worn in LBP2, LBPV and LBPK, we wanted to make sure it was clear that DLC karts are being treated differently.

+ DeathKiller49 on February 19th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Ya’ll are being a bunch of brats, honestly. Stop complaining that we didn’t get it on release, personally I had fun without the DLC. Now that it’s here I’ll be having even more fun. Yes the LBP Team screwed up, but it’s here, forgive, forget, and lets start racing!

+ PeroneyB on February 19th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

So glad to hear this news. Now I have to ask – will this update affect the way stickers are placed on costumes? It would be great if placing stickers on costumes behaved the same as in LBP2.

+ Zionine on February 19th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Yeah.. number 6, shut it.

They’re trying their best and cross DLC is something quite new in the industry.
I’m glad this has been implemented! Thanks!

PAGE 1 2