Overwatch

Feb 19

Feb 19

LittleBigPlanet Karting: DLC Cross-Compatibility Out Today!

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar Posted by Community Coordinator, LittleBigPlanet Karting

LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS3

From dressing up your Sackperson in the latest styles to tricking out your Kart with the new hotness, customization is one of the most rewarding parts of playing LittleBigPlanet Karting. It provides a powerful, dynamic way to express yourself while you’re venturing through the abundance of tracks, arenas, and other fantastic content that Karting has to offer.

However, the LBP universe is vast. So vast, many of our biggest Karting fans are also huge fans of our other LittleBigPlanet titles, such as LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. So instead of limiting your wardrobe to what’s available in Karting, today we’re adding a new feature to the game that will allow you to bring your other LBP DLC costumes along for the ride – entirely for free!

LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS3

Plus, if you purchase any new costumes in the future, your updated wardrobe will be automatically available across all of our LittleBigPlanet titles. So no matter which LittleBigPlanet game you’re enjoying, worrying about your costume options are now a thing of the past!

For more information on Cross-Compatibility, be sure to check out our FAQ.

As if that weren’t enough, we’re also offering four new Emergency Services Karts as well – a Police Car, a Fire Truck, an Ambulance, and even a Recue Dinghy – which are actually designed to match each of the Emergency Services uniforms!

LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS3LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS3

Of course, these Karts are exclusive to LittleBigPlanet Karting, so don’t miss your chance to snag them. You won’t see them anywhere else!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Faythi said:

February 19th, 9:38 am

Woo gotta love little big planet. I picked this game up on sale for $10 but still have yet to play it. I am so looking forward to it though :)

ASC2175 said:

February 19th, 9:39 am

I’m sorry, I felt my heart skip a beat. Is the update coming today?

JimmyHACK said:

February 19th, 9:40 am

Finally!

GLiTcH2 said:

February 19th, 9:41 am

Is there an exact time for the update? Is it when the PS Store updates later?

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

Michael Buffaloe said:

February 19th, 11:00 am

Yep – it’ll go live today, when the PS Store updates later in the afternoon.

Welmosca said:

February 19th, 9:44 am

Finally…can’t wait….btw its just the DLC or our other outfits such as the ones we got for ace a level..will be available as well?

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

Michael Buffaloe said:

February 19th, 11:05 am

The DLC Cross-Compatibility feature is only for downloadable costumes. We don’t officially support Cross-Compatibility for any costumes that aren’t downloaded through the PlayStation Store.

That said, Karting contains almost all of the costumes from past LBP titles, so there are very few that don’t make the jump. More details in our FAQ: http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en/help/faq/

KazeEternal said:

February 19th, 9:51 am

4 months since release…. slackers.

Mando44646 said:

February 19th, 9:53 am

only took 4 or 5 months to actually have the service advertised on the game’s box at launch

boomstickbhg said:

February 19th, 10:04 am

You’re not adding a NEW feature.

You’re finally finishing the game as you advertised it when you sold it last year.

You’ve finally completed the game, long after it came out, with no real apology to the fans… bad form.

I’m glad it’s finally a finished game, but I’m sick of these obvious, insulting PR statements.

I would thank you, but this is something that should have been ready a long long time ago, or at the very least, you should have had better communication with your fans about it.

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

Michael Buffaloe said:

February 19th, 10:57 am

You’re right. And we apologize. Due to issues far beyond our control, this feature ended up being massively more difficult to execute on than we anticipated. I’m not saying it’s okay – it isn’t – but we’re still massively excited about finally being able to bring this feature to you. I hope you still enjoy it! :)

jwj011576 said:

February 19th, 10:06 am

TY Michael can’t wait for update. Do you have a price on the Emergency Services uniforms! And Emergency Services Karts?

KAPADO said:

February 19th, 10:06 am

Thank you Mr jesus . i was tired of racing with the same 3 costumes . Going to be playing this more now.

THE-PLASTICA-MAN said:

February 19th, 10:29 am

Sorry to write here but it is related. Please can anyone help me? I can find the Cupid costume in the US Store: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP9000-PCSA00017_00-LBPDLCORIGLK0002 but not the Valentine Pack, and I can find the Valentine Pack in the euro french store fro both LBP: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/fr-fr/jeux/extensions/kit-de-niveau-de-la-saint-valent… and LBP Karting: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/fr-fr/jeux/extensions/kit-de-niveau-de-la-saint-valent… It is written free but unavailable, and when I search the Cupidon costume in the french store, I couldn’t find it. Please anyone can help me? I use the french store for LBP Vita and I don’t wnat to miss either the Valentine Pack and/or the Cupidon costume for my Vita. What’s the link or name for this Cupidon costume in french please?

DangerousBunny- said:

February 19th, 10:32 am

Seriously, about time. Unbelievable how long this took you people to implement. Don’t lie about your games and content just to get us gamers to buy it. This was supposed to be a feature right from the beginning.

onslaughtree said:

February 19th, 10:42 am

what a society of spoiled brats we have become…..bah blah blah, complain, complain, complain. The DLC is here now, their not charging you for it. Download it an be happy..Keep on Gaming.

heedthevil said:

February 19th, 10:47 am

Glad to hear this.

It’s unfortunate that this wasn’t ready with the launch. I can see how checking and/or fixing every single costume item moved to Karting would be a huge task though. I bet the devs are the ones most happy that it’s done.

Wolfdre said:

February 19th, 10:49 am

@Michael Buffaloe // Community Coordinator
Mind a little more insight into this regarding the new karts: “….don’t miss your chance to snag them…..”
Are they limited availability for one reason or another?

Michael Buffaloe's Avatar

Michael Buffaloe said:

February 19th, 11:10 am

They aren’t limited in terms of availability, but they are in terms of not being available in other LBP titles. Since DLC costumes can now be worn in LBP2, LBPV and LBPK, we wanted to make sure it was clear that DLC karts are being treated differently.

DeathKiller49 said:

February 19th, 10:52 am

Ya’ll are being a bunch of brats, honestly. Stop complaining that we didn’t get it on release, personally I had fun without the DLC. Now that it’s here I’ll be having even more fun. Yes the LBP Team screwed up, but it’s here, forgive, forget, and lets start racing!

PeroneyB said:

February 19th, 10:55 am

So glad to hear this news. Now I have to ask – will this update affect the way stickers are placed on costumes? It would be great if placing stickers on costumes behaved the same as in LBP2.

Zionine said:

February 19th, 10:56 am

Yeah.. number 6, shut it.

They’re trying their best and cross DLC is something quite new in the industry.
I’m glad this has been implemented! Thanks!

zombie9 said:

February 19th, 10:56 am

Delaystation 3 still kicking it :)

Sephir007 said:

February 19th, 11:08 am

Thank you, now.. let’s keep racing!!

remanutd5 said:

February 19th, 11:13 am

And here i was thinking the announcement was gonna be worth it lol, i thought we were getting lbp karting on psvita.

hypercombofinish said:

February 19th, 11:14 am

Will the Cross-Compatibility update support multiple profiles on the same PS3?

BonezOliver said:

February 19th, 11:26 am

You and/or Steven said that you were working on more than just this Cross-Compatibility which is why it has taken so long. Does that mean we can expect some game play fixes with this as well, or is this it?

BonezOliver said:

February 19th, 11:34 am

Oh excellent. Thanks a bunch, Michael. :)

DRAQ-520 said:

February 19th, 11:47 am

Yay at last!!! hopefully the patch also adresses the online issues.

francesco734 said:

February 19th, 11:55 am

Hi! I’m looking forward to LBPK, it seems worth the buy :)
But can I use the outfits (that I saved in LBP2) in LBPK? I’m assuming no,right? :/

Bth_Portugal said:

February 19th, 12:06 pm

I have a question, So, I bought the Sonic Unleashed costume pack, that is a Little Big Planet 1 Dlc pack… So … Is it compatible with Lbp Karting? (By the way, what about the materials etc, are those compatible as well? Answer me please!)

PainOfSarrow said:

February 19th, 12:13 pm

got this on sale for 10$ , what a STEALLLL.

jwj011576 said:

February 19th, 12:18 pm

Will we have to re download all the dlc costumes for this game or will it imported from our saves

PRIMUS_420 said:

February 19th, 12:31 pm

I had a feeling this update was coming today so i (re)purchased LBPKarting today. Hope it proves to be worth it

Dantexl said:

February 19th, 1:04 pm

Hello Michael.

It great, only one question, I continue having problems whit the auido in special effects like the motor and the whells, there is some way can i fix that or is needed a another patch?, is just i don’t file like i was playing, i need to hear my motor and my whells to feel it.

Thanks.

KrisButtar said:

February 19th, 1:26 pm

thanks! one of my fav kart racing games :)

zBaH- said:

February 19th, 1:26 pm

is this the very exiting news or is it something different?. this is awesome news but just wondering.

Daniel_San_818 said:

February 19th, 1:48 pm

I have a question about the Beta Tester Vest and it’s availability on LBP:K. Will I be able to use the LBP file for my sackperson, or will i have to download a new file for LBP:K?

jwj011576 said:

February 19th, 2:38 pm

@ zBaH the big news is tomorrow the 20th and maybe info on th and maybe info on the Vita

jwj011576 said:

February 19th, 2:41 pm

Oops the big news is the 20th and it will be about the ps4 and maybe news on the Vita

FarmFreshEggBoy said:

February 19th, 3:25 pm

I’d like to know if I actually qualified for the Beta Vest, I was in the Karting Beta though I wasn’t able to pick the game up for a while.

TamaWilson said:

February 19th, 3:52 pm

Where’s Beta Vest version for LBPK?

TheBlueFlash13 said:

February 19th, 4:19 pm

Will the Incredibles Costumes ever return? I hate that i missed out on them.

Metalsonic_69 said:

February 19th, 4:22 pm

LMAO boomstick. I love how you act like the game is “unfinished” because of a bunch of frigging costumes. Does that really make so much of an impact on your enjoyment of the game? Do you really think that costumes should be a bigger priority for the developers than, say, fixing lag issues online, or improving stability?

It’s annoying that they took so long to implement this feature after advertising it BEFORE release, but you should be more grateful after whining like a little baby in every LBP-related post in the last several months.

tylerh1701 said:

February 19th, 6:03 pm

Looking forward to it!

Tevious said:

February 19th, 6:17 pm

The game still has some bugs and new ones introduced with the last patch. For starters, the audio is gone from the opening cinematic (new). After finishing a track online, there is still no countdown for AI racers. Sometimes if a racer crashes after I finished a race, they will respawn at the beginning of the track and I have to wait for them to finish the track. And can we have something done about the restrictions on the edges of the map in the track creator? Is that really necessary to prevent any kind of terrain or object placement?

Gladson said:

February 19th, 7:03 pm

“At present, LittleBigPlanet’s DLC Cross-Compatibility feature only supports DLC costumes produced for LBP2, LBPV, and LBPK. Any other titles or content do not fall under the umbrella of this effort.” What? The store hasn’t updated yet so I didn’t check the compatibility, but if that’s true then I’ll be very disappointed (again). I’ve spent a lot of money on costumes for LBP1 and I was hoping to usem them in LBPK — by the way, you’ve promised that: “So, we’re going to let you bring the costumes that you bought for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 along with you… at no extra cost!” http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/16/gamescom-2012-littlebigplanet-recap/ – you’ve delayed this feature so much and even after all those months you can’t deliver what had been promised?

singulino said:

February 19th, 7:09 pm

@THE-PLASTICA-MAN if the Store has already been updated you may probably already missed it and have to wait ’til next year. What you had to do was to “buy” the Cupid costume for Vita, then you had to choose the PS3 file (the pack already included the costume) on the download screen. Yeah, it was confusing as hell and no one from the blog gave advise, I found it thanks to another user.

jgrizzle358 said:

February 19th, 7:13 pm

Nope, it’s STILL not fixed, this update is useless.

I STILL can’t connect to my friend just like before the update, so that’s a lie about that being fixed.

And the only costumes showing up under downloaded are ones I haven’t purchased yet. Where are my Final Fantasy VII, Assassin’s Creed, inFAMOUS and Uncharted costumes form LBP2? I BOUGHT those.

CStancer said:

February 19th, 7:38 pm

It’s 1041pm here in Toronto, Canada… Still no store update? I’m so happy I don’t purchase digital first day releases cuz I’d be pissed having to wait this long…. Why do you guys never have an update early in the day… Xbox live that much better of a service?

DeacoMiyashiro said:

February 19th, 8:26 pm

PLEASE Michael Buffaloe, READ THIS

The 1.10 patch did not solve anything. The game is unplayable even offline.
Especially in the levels of the secound world (and beyond, I assume..), the game simply crashes.
The screen goes black and the ps3 shuts down, with a red light still blinking untill I disconect the power.
I only have this problem with LBP Karting, and have even tried other copies of the game.

I want to play it, I really do, please fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Radprofile said:

February 19th, 8:39 pm

I can’t find my Black Widow Costume…

PeroneyB said:

February 19th, 9:10 pm

The online play works so much better. I could join my friends on the first time, every time.

Your previously downloaded costumes are in the store, you just need to download them in Karting. Anything you already own will list the price as free, just go into the store and snag them up.

rera121989 said: