PS4-The Order

Destiny Coming to PS3 and PS4 With PlayStation-Exclusive Content

Harold Ryan's Avatar + Posted by Harold Ryan on Feb 20, 2013 // President, Bungie

Earlier this week, we officially announced that Destiny would be shipping on PlayStation 3. Tonight, from the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC, we stood on a Sony Computer Entertainment stage for the very first time and shared a simple message with PlayStation fans around the world.

Destiny is being developed for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, with both versions available at Destiny’s launch. Even better, the PlayStation versions of Destiny will feature exclusive in-game content, only available on PlayStation.

We’re thrilled to share this moment with you. It’s been a long time coming. We’re looking forward to sharing even more in the months ahead.

41 Comments

+ Shane_O on February 20th, 2013 at 7:32 pm said:

Very nice, Bungie! Keep up the superb work!

+ Realsvi on February 20th, 2013 at 7:37 pm said:

Excited to try it out Bungie. Keep up the great work!

+ KAPADO on February 20th, 2013 at 8:18 pm said:

Aww poor Xbox & xbots.
The next Halo known as #Destiny will come to you as a PS3 port.
Now you’re the red headed stepchild that red rings the bed.

+ Elvick_ on February 20th, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

As long as Activision doesn’t pull any shady business, I’ll definitely be picking up this game on PS4. I love Bungie to pieces. Will be great not to have to use a system I don’t like that much to play your games.

+ Squiggle55 on February 20th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

The video looked great, I’ll have my eye on this one. It will also be interesting to start hearing about the differences between ps3 and ps4 versions of games.

+ android92 on February 20th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

Yay! A Bungie game on playstation! I don’t know when I’m getting a PS4, but I am definitely interested in this game!

+ Sidekicku on February 20th, 2013 at 9:05 pm said:

@KAPADO You do realize it’s being released first to 360, THEN to PS3 in a later quarter of the year? Look it up, it’s not a PS3 port you uninformed simpleton.

On topic, I can’t wait for the touch screen part of the controller, maybe it’ll solve some “lack of button” issues!

+ Insomnia999 on February 20th, 2013 at 9:11 pm said:

Looks awesome!
Can’t wait to see this massive world!

+ GRIM__REAFER on February 20th, 2013 at 9:51 pm said:

WE get a Halo for PS4 lol.

Seriously though this seems amazing like I don’t even care about dust 514 anymore lol

+ IcedDice777 on February 20th, 2013 at 10:02 pm said:

Listen up you kool cats at Bungie, I like you guys BUT if you don’t offer OFFLINE/SINGLE player and LAN mode for Destiny…

…Then, i’m not buying your game. I CAN’T, I WONT… I refuse to support “Always online” required games.

My.02

+ Zunja on February 20th, 2013 at 10:08 pm said:

Destiny looks awesome!

I have 3 friends and myself ready to dedicate a ton of time to this title.
We are pumped and following this game as closely as we can. We’d love to hear more about it!

+ KapiteinKirk on February 20th, 2013 at 10:49 pm said:

I looks good. I’m excited that Bungie is finallly working with SCEA.

+ K3ViNPwNz- on February 20th, 2013 at 10:53 pm said:

Will ps4 games run at native 1080p 60fps?

+ JimmyChaos on February 20th, 2013 at 11:00 pm said:

I doubt PS consoles will be crossplatform with MS platforms or the pc but that would be very nice. I am hoping PS3 and PS4 players will be playing together so that way ps3 players will be able to migrate to the new system easily, especially if this game is being billed as a 10 year game. lol

I really hope multi system (Sony, MS, PC) connectivity becomes a reality. Hell if FFXI could make it happen 10 years ago then there shouldn’t be a reason why it can’t happen now!

+ TurismoM3 on February 20th, 2013 at 11:02 pm said:

Sweet.

+ AsPiRiNgYoUtH on February 20th, 2013 at 11:05 pm said:

@sidekicku perhaps you should be the one doing the research and instead of harsh name calling actually perhaps research your stuff!

“Bungie co-founder Jason Jones announced at Sony’s Live Event in New York that the PlayStation 3 and 4 versions of Destiny would be available at launch, indicating that Activision struck up a deal with Sony allowing the game to launch on both Sony and Microsoft platforms on the same date”

What you are thinking about is some old court documents. So again, do your research before being so rude.

+ Kamirox on February 21st, 2013 at 4:12 am said:

It looks funny :D

+ BlaCkPeZuS on February 21st, 2013 at 4:25 am said:

@Sidekicku: Uh…you may have missed this: “Destiny is being developed for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, with both versions available at Destiny’s launch.”

+ LRock414 on February 21st, 2013 at 5:03 am said:

It was an excellent decision to expand your audience. I have never played any of your previous games but am very excited to play Destiny on ps4. :)

+ Frejim on February 21st, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

what’s a collector doing there???? at 0.45′

+ PainOfSarrow on February 21st, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

man i hate first person view. looks good just wish 3rd person was an option.

+ aeligos on February 21st, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Is this an MMO-like RPG?

Will it be playable on the PSVita??

+ Kaneda_Neo-Tokyo on February 21st, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Welcome to PlayStation.

+ CandyCaptain on February 21st, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

@Sidekicku It says right up top, ps3 and ps4 will get Destiny at launch. Literally no exclusive time to the MS consoles. What you said was true at one point, but clearly their contract has changed since then.

+ EQUIPOSONORENSE on February 21st, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

Yeah amazing developers from Xbox now on PlayStation

+ Blackstar131 on February 21st, 2013 at 6:18 pm said:

Any news on phantasy star online 2 english relase for psvita

+ DaNTi3L on February 21st, 2013 at 6:37 pm said:

this game just looks amazing from the little things i’ve seen of it …welcome to playstation bungie

+ chris21anton on February 21st, 2013 at 6:58 pm said:

Can someone pleeeeeeeeeease tell me if playstation home will be on the ps4? Also, there better be a bundle for this game cause I’d love to buy a Destiny special edition PS4.

+ Kchow23 on February 22nd, 2013 at 12:33 am said:

Great to finally have Bungie on board, I really want to know what the differences will be between PS3 and PS4.

+ Vidarcr on February 22nd, 2013 at 3:45 am said:

Well I’ve followed Bungie since Oni. and I’m really happy to have you guys back on my playstation. Looking forward to this incredible new project!

+ Raina–101 on February 22nd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

PLS BRING HAD KANDI TO THE USA SEVER FOR PSHOME

+ Raina–101 on February 22nd, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

PLS BRING HED KANDI TO USA SEVER FOR PSHOME

+ Raina–101 on February 22nd, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

PLS BRING HED KANDI TO USA SEVER FOR PSHOME PLS BRING HED KANDI TO USA SEVER FOR PSHOMEPLS BRING HED KANDI TO USA SEVER FOR PSHOMEPLS BRING HED KANDI TO USA SEVER FOR PSHOMEPLS BRING HED KANDI TO USA SEVER FOR PSHOMEPLS BRING HED KANDI TO USA SEVER FOR PSHOME

+ ElPresidentEvil on February 22nd, 2013 at 7:51 pm said:

Is a Master Chief armor the exclusive content? :P

+ DewDawg360 on February 23rd, 2013 at 6:56 am said:

Bungie, I love you guys. You created the most epic universe called Halo and I am really excited to dive into your new Destiny universe. Of course I’ve already pre-ordered mine for the Xbox 360. I may change my order as soon as Microsoft reveals its new gaming console.

+ xSiLeNt_BeAsTsx2 on February 24th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

The only thing that worries me is what if it turns out like dust 514 where you need to pay for everything there is. WITH REAL MONEY if that is the case I think I will pass on the game but if you don’t need to pay loads of money just to win, I will buy it on day 1.

+ moshmonster724 on February 24th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

I’m buying a PS4 just for this game!!! PS3 exclusive content… SUCK IT XBOX!!

+ Welmosca on February 25th, 2013 at 12:13 am said:

Hum…the concept looks interesting…but a game from the devs of halo…well can’t expect much.

+ Revolver1118 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Didnt we already hav a Halo for PS3, u no, DUST 514?

+ Imratedpg13 on February 25th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

Bungie has proven their great developing skills with Halo, they have made a great competitive multiplayer and I am excited to see their new title. It’s about time they made a game for playstaion.

+ Heylow45 on March 2nd, 2013 at 6:42 am said:

I am a huge fan of Bungie from the past, and I am glad to see that PlayStation gamers will finally get a taste of Bungie!