Horizon Zero Dawn

Feb 20

Feb 20

inFAMOUS: Second Son Announced for PlayStation 4

Brian Fleming's Avatar Posted by Sucker Punch Productions

So what’s new? I mean, what have you been up to? Cool. Us? Not much. Just a new character, new city, new powers, and all designed especially for the new PlayStation 4. I hope you’re excited – because we really are! Actually, for us it’s probably one part excitement and one part pure terror, but that’s just the way of things I guess… But here we are at last to break the months of silence: All of us at Sucker Punch are very pleased to introduce you to Delsin Rowe, and our new title Second Son! Let’s cut to the chase!

Delsin Rowe is the star of Second Son, and you probably know someone like him: A 24 year-old who is absolutely convinced he’s destined for greatness; though so far that greatness has managed to elude him. He grew up just outside Seattle, where his great – if accidental – calling comes crashing into his life. After rescuing occupants from a fiery bus wreck, he discovers that he suddenly has the ability to direct, manipulate and even transform into… Smoke. Could he have absorbed this power from one of the passengers he pulled from the wreckage?

Setting the scene: It’s been seven years since the Cole McGrath episodes and the world has clearly changed. Anyone showing signs of being a so-called “bio-terrorist” is immediately handed over to the Department of Unified Protection (DUP) — a government agency created to ensure there is never a repeat of the catastrophic events of Empire City and New Marais. So Delsin, who has never been particularly respectful of authority, finds himself caught in the DUP dragnet – And decides he’s not going to go quietly.

Along the way, Delsin is going to ask questions that are not just relevant to the world of Second Son – but to the world we all live in today. A world where we are often instructed to surrender our freedoms to help improve our security. Ben Franklin once wrote “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Is he right?

inFAMOUS: Second Son

As you play Second Son, you’ll explore lots of Seattle’s familiar landmarks. As with all games in this series, the path the gameplay and story take will depend on the decisions you make along the way. Of course, we are creating all these characters and locations at a remarkable level of detail – made possible by PS4. In fact, this trailer was produced in-house using our game engine – can you tell we’re having fun with the new GPU, tools, and our new VFX system?

We’ll be back in the coming weeks with more details, but until then you’ll find us at @suckerpunchprod, #SecondSon, and www.facebook.com/infamous.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Magicman354_ said:

February 20th, 7:11 pm

This is insane!

Thank you so much sucker punch! Infamous is my favorite game series and the graphics look amazing!

ATES said:

February 20th, 7:13 pm

Love Sucker Punch and inFamous, cannot wait to buy it

mpnjdevil07 said:

February 20th, 7:14 pm

LOved IF 1 and 2, this one looks really good, but somehow bring Cole Back please, he is the original InFamous

spyro213 said:

February 20th, 7:15 pm

First Off this is amazing Its been awhile since we’ve heard anything from you guys so its good to hear something, looking like a day one purchase. Second, after Cole McGrath in which timeline, I’m guessing evil because their are condiuts but what does that mean for the good ending, that was some powerful stuff hopefully its not thrown away. Either way super excited fingers crossed for a press conference gameplay demo at E3

spyro213 said:

February 20th, 7:16 pm

Also using a real city what’s up with that?

wocyob said:

February 20th, 7:16 pm

Cant wait to see more! off topic are you guys still rolling out that free $10 for being a loyal PS customer? I just find it odd that my friend that doesnt buy much psn game and got the system way after me got it while I spent a good $200-$400 on the psn alone and got nothing. Shame if you stopped doing it.

Nuurgle said:

February 20th, 7:20 pm

Sweet! A game that lets you play as Nightcrawler!

lisatsunami said:

February 20th, 7:21 pm

Ha, ha, we all knew if Sucker Punch was being so quiet it could only be a new game for the PS4. Sold! When can I pre-order and please be smart and offer a collector’s edition with steel case.

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

February 20th, 7:22 pm

Officially my most anticipated PS4 game! Everything looks great, can’t wait to see/hear more!

naaros said:

February 20th, 7:23 pm

This was the best game to come out of the conference! Cannot wait! :D But… does this mean the Evil Cole ending was the ‘canon’ one for the purposes of this game? I mean, the two endings of inFamous 2 were soooo different.

remanutd5 said:

February 20th, 7:29 pm

Looking good, really good!!!

ossiecastro5 said:

February 20th, 7:36 pm

I miss Cole McGrath! :(

Wozman23 said:

February 20th, 7:39 pm

Sucker Punch, and the rest of the quality first party devs, are the reasons I’ll continue to support Sony. Second Son looks great.

Hopefully we can get a PS4 Sly from Sanzaru too.

bt1234567892010 said:

February 20th, 7:46 pm

O_O okay…my mind is blown, if I can get a PS4 after its release, this is the first game I”m getting. It may look like a hybrid of Prototype and InFamous (just because of how Delsin attacked those guards), but I am definitely, definitely interested.

stlthriot said:

February 20th, 7:49 pm

Was everything shown of Second Son in real-time? :D

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

February 20th, 7:50 pm

Where is Cole?

wyvernsword said:

February 20th, 7:54 pm

I get to climb the Space Needle!? Awesome. Still missin’ Cole, though. More non-canon inFAMOUS side stories should remedy that.

Robsonmonkey said:

February 20th, 7:59 pm

I’m liking the game and I love you guys for doing it but I’m guessing this will be the last inFAMOUS for a while because after you’ll move onto a new PS4 IP. Question though

Why waste your time on an inFAMOUS game which seems more like a spin off, wouldn’t you keep it for the PSV or maybe do a new character in the far future when you decide to visit inFAMOUS again. I mean Coles story isn’t finish you guys put a lightning bolt in the shape of a question make at the end of the Good ending which you guys are continuing from. If you guys came out and said

“This isn’t inFAMOUS 3, that game is reserved for Cole” then fair enough but it seems it’s going to be ages before we see Cole again. I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t bring him back after the backlash when you changed his character design in the sequel. Seriously I’m not trying to hate on it, please I don’t want to come off that way. I’m super excited for it but I just don’t understand the logic behind this especialy if it’s been given a subtitle.

Suckerpunch will Cole return in inFAMOUS 3? Is this NON cannon? Will we ever see a full inFAMOUS trilogy 1-3?

Answers would be nice guys it would save people asking loads of questions

nolo451 said:

February 20th, 8:03 pm

Probably the first PS4 game I will buy.

Elvick_ said:

February 20th, 8:13 pm

Bummed it’s not a new IP, but I’m glad we’re getting a new inFamous anyway and on new promising hardware to boot!

This game will surely be incredible and I can’t wait to play it! Loving the new character so far.

I’m extremely interested in how he gets his power.

MakoSOLIDER said:

February 20th, 8:18 pm

Can we get an inFAMOUS Vita?

TridentTJR said:

February 20th, 8:29 pm

Honestly, I’m not too hyped about this, kinda bummed actually… :/

Xurvhd1 said:

February 20th, 8:31 pm

Wait a minute, this can’t be a continuation of the good ending. If Second Son is set seven years after Cole died, and if Delsin Rowe is 24 years old (both of which are true), then Delsin should be dead. When Cole activated the RFI at the end of inFAMOUS 2, the RFI wiped out everyone who has already become a Conduit or has the Conduit gene. Obviously Delsin Rowe has the Conduit gene, giving him Smoke-based abilities, as shown in the trailer.

So how the hell is Delsin alive? Technically he should be dead because of the RFI seven years previous.

JeanLucAwesome said:

February 20th, 8:39 pm

Hope it’s a launch title, PS4 and Infamous, I am hyped to the max.

Den-End said:

February 20th, 8:49 pm

Sucker Punch…You must love me. A new Sony console and a new Infamous! Woo! I’m too hyped! But just to let you guys know I’m expecting a lot, being the fan that I am. ^_^

Insomnia999 said:

February 20th, 8:50 pm

Great stuff!!
The speech before the game was shown was awesome! Love the “how much freedom do we give up for ‘security” theme.
Can’t wait for more Infamous!

Insomnia999 said:

February 20th, 8:52 pm

I like how the security cameras are 2/20/13!!! :)

YuuP-NuuH said:

February 20th, 8:59 pm

SPYstation4 is not for me

angelspawn77 said:

February 20th, 9:09 pm

Game looks pretty awesome, but I was kinda bummed that Cole would not be returning, I mean I know how Infamous 2 ended, but hopefully we get to see a Zeke or Cole cameo at least somewhere. I really liked Cole and Zeke.

HareRider said:

February 20th, 9:24 pm

all im saying is SUCKER PUNCH could have also gone this way:

Tate made the ORIGINAL raysphere that gave cole his powers. Cole can NOT stop the beast and goes back in time. Then you spend the whole game trying to take control of the first sons and meeting Sacha and killing Tate and throwing Alden out on the street., and what not u know. THAT WOULD MAKE A GREAT GAME. also meeting Burtrand and Wolfe and all those folks in different time periods. Tell me that wouldnt be a good game if it were written correctly.

Tchanku said:

February 20th, 9:31 pm

I love me some inFamous.

GRIM__REAFER said:

February 20th, 9:33 pm

Whhhhhaaaat? Second Son?

And I was thinking there wouldn’t be any good games at launch

Falaut said:

February 20th, 9:47 pm

I hope there is no plot holes when in relates to the other games….sort of like what #23 said.

UnbelievablyRAW said:

February 20th, 10:07 pm

Why the logo change guys?

TASKFORCE_FATASS said:

February 20th, 10:08 pm

Please Naughty Dog make an Uncharted 4!!!!!

Zunja said:

February 20th, 10:10 pm

Thanks for forcing me to get another Day 1 for my ps4.

I love the idea of Freedom Fighters, Big Brother, and people with superpowers. This seems like a very interesting world to explore.

DarkDuckJustice said:

February 20th, 10:21 pm

Yes I am excited! Yes I will buy this! But please tell me Infamous 3 is still coming at some future point time… With all Kessler’s powers!

djsaiyan said:

February 20th, 10:21 pm

*SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED INFAMOUS 2*

* WHY HAVEN”T YOU FINISHED INFAMOUS 2 IT’S ON IGC GO DOWNLOAD IT*

There are still Conduits, which means the evil ending must be the canon one. So Cole is well on his way to becoming Kessler. Yeah, I smell a boss fight coming. And I am SO okay with that. =D

DarkDoc23 said:

February 20th, 10:23 pm

Cole has a younger brother, play I2, one of the “evil” options has Cole going with Nix to free her pet beasts. On the way to the objective, she asks if he has any family, Cole says he has a brother. Easy to miss, but I caught it just by chance.

FearMonkey said:

February 20th, 10:27 pm

So this is Seattle Seattle? Like a real world city? Because that’s certainly a change of pace for the inFamous series.

griffin1324 said:

February 20th, 10:37 pm

Really excited for this!!

I’m interested in seeing what all of his powers are going to be and how different it is from the original inFamous series. I’d like to see an entire inFamous world where there are multiple “good” and “bad” guys and all play in the same world – kind of like a comic book. Culminating in one awesome game in about 6 years.

PhantomRUS9 said:

February 20th, 10:41 pm

This is gonna be freakin’ awesome.

DarkDuckJustice said:

February 20th, 10:45 pm

@37 The second son Conduits could come from John before Cole stopped him. Cole will probably be referenced depending on how you played in 1 & 2.

D-Squad3 said:

February 20th, 11:33 pm

I’m gonna miss Cole MacGrath, would be insane to see him in this one!

MindFreak_19 said:

February 20th, 11:42 pm

by any chance, do any of you guys know the song they play at the end of the trailer??

Bloodios said:

February 20th, 11:58 pm

Not sure why but Rowe’s facial features seem a whole lot like Troy Baker’s. Anyway, is it okay for me to assume that the event of The Second Son follows that of inFAMOUS 2’s “good” ending, right? In any case, I seriously want to know what happened to Cole, I mean the ending did leave a tiny spark of hope…

Freedom-King said:

February 21st, 12:19 am

Just another reason to get a PS4. I’m game!

GameQuirks said:

February 21st, 12:43 am

Just wow. Pure wow.

Husteen said:

February 21st, 1:23 am

ha! when they announced sucker punch, i knew it was going to be an infamous game! i need to hurry up and get the second one…

xxSiiCk_LiiFExx said:

February 21st, 2:43 am

InFamous 1 and 2 were definitely my favorite games of all time, yes I bought a new PS3 after giving mine away, biggest mistake, but got a new one for Christmas and had to start all over.

Cole MacGrath was f**king awesome there was no character ever like him. He was the definition of a badass. I will continue pondering about my decision of buying this game, but as of right now it’s an absolute no. The only thing I was looking for was Cole MacGrath or maybe because it’s titled Second Son maybe Cole had a kid without knowing. Man all I hope there is a future InFamous that has Cole MacGrath.

InFamous 1 and InFamous 2 you are missed tremendously