Overwatch

Feb 20

Feb 20

Killzone: Shadow Fall Announced for PlayStation 4

Steven Ter Heide's Avatar Posted by Game Director, Guerrilla Games

Today we are happy we can finally show you what we have been working on.

It has been an amazing journey for us so far, being offered the opportunity to be a launch title for the new PlayStation, and the subsequent mild panic to figure out how to best handle all of that.

But being able to now share it with you is both a scary and proud moment. We are hoping you will like what we have created, and are happy to present you with the first glimpse of Killzone Shadow Fall.

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Killzone: Shadow FallKillzone: Shadow Fall

The piece of live gameplay we presented at the PlayStation Meeting 2013 shows you a new world, a new situation and a new hero.

The game is set in a near future, thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. The world is a very different place; two rival factions known as the Helghast and the Vektans live side by side in a futuristic city, divided by a vast wall.

Tensions are high, and the cold war they are embroiled in is about to go hot. In the midst of this all stands a Shadow Marshal, you. The most special of the special forces, tasked with maintaining the delicate balance.

Killzone: Shadow Fall

From responding to bold attacks, to quiet infiltrations or all out combat, you will be required to adapt and think on your feet as you have to face a variety of escalating events that could destroy your home world.

We are looking forward to sharing some more of the exciting events and features that we have been working on. Keep your eyes out for more news soon.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Nuurgle said:

February 20th, 7:11 pm

Wish you guys had posted the full game play section of the demo here as well

wocyob said:

February 20th, 7:11 pm

AMAZING!

mpnjdevil07 said:

February 20th, 7:12 pm

Day one buy for me, love KZ games, color pallet more vivid, thats nice addition to game, keep up the good work guys.

MP_is_for_Chumps said:

February 20th, 7:21 pm

What is the native resolution, and does it run at 60fps?

lisatsunami said:

February 20th, 7:24 pm

I’m not into shooters but this looked incredible.

Robbie_G_lrish said:

February 20th, 7:33 pm

I really like the direction that you guys decided to take the story. Is there any inspiration from the peace walls in Belfast?

ZombieBum93 said:

February 20th, 7:34 pm

So I take it, Killzone 4 won’t have the ISA in it?

KAPADO said:

February 20th, 7:34 pm

That rifle was a Decepticon just kept transforming into other weapons. Sweet baby Jesus .

remanutd5 said:

February 20th, 7:35 pm

Cant freaking wait to play Killzone:Shadow Fall!!!!

swisstylez said:

February 20th, 7:36 pm

Holly freaking shhhhhhtttt this game looks epic can’t wait to see more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

February 20th, 7:38 pm

This NEEDS to have co op campaign and objectives. C’mon guys, it’s about time, I can’t believe Mercenaries is not including it, this needs to include it.

NiteKightNight said:

February 20th, 7:42 pm

My jaw is on the floor! Please have support for the Move like in Kz3. My head would implode and create a black hole because of all the hype if it did lol.

Sethen said:

February 20th, 7:50 pm

I’ve always loved the Killzone franchise and to see it on PS4, truly amazing. The reason I always found KL interesting was it’s multiplier. Playing killzone 2 brought me back to how fun multiplier should feel. I really hope Guerrilla Games puts the time and effort into making the multiplier truly astounding.

MakoSOLIDER said:

February 20th, 7:51 pm

Can we get the demo in a video?

Elvick_ said:

February 20th, 8:08 pm

Kind of bummed that Mercenary has to now compete with Shadow Fall for media attention. I was hoping that the rumors of Killzone for PS4 were premature and it would be awhile off so Mercenary had it’s time to shine without any competition from it’s own IP.

I hope that Sony’s new marketing partners are able to give both games time to shine.

Anyway, I’m glad to have a Killzone on PS4 regardless. Really looking forward to PS4 and this game. It looks gorgeous.

nolo451 said:

February 20th, 8:08 pm

I’m getting when the PS4 comes out along with the new Infamous.

Very exciting time we live in.

that-acmilan-guy said:

February 20th, 8:13 pm

Please make the multiplayer big and tactical like killzone 2 was.

BlindMango said:

February 20th, 8:18 pm

I really cannot wait for this, I am personally very happy that you guys chose a bright, colorful look now instead of the old, dirty gray look of Killzone 2, I really cannot wait to play this!!

NoPity_21 said:

February 20th, 8:30 pm

omg cried as i watched just beautiful going to be great game

BlueBl1zzard said:

February 20th, 8:40 pm

When I first saw that Guerrilla was presenting a game, I thought “Another Killzone?” But after seeing that gameplay demo, I instantly changed it to “Sweet, another Killzone.” Game looks good guys!

P.S. splitsceen multipayer like KZ1 please?

Blakkternalx520 said:

February 20th, 8:40 pm

wow! i’m excited for this. All this news is kinda overwhelming.

KillCount2121 said:

February 20th, 8:51 pm

Yay killzone!

CapinChronic said:

February 20th, 8:57 pm

Looks amazing!!!

Insomnia999 said:

February 20th, 9:02 pm

Looks great! Glad that it’s a launch title!
Hopefully you guys take out some of the perks/CoD stuff in multiplayer.

ThakidIg said:

February 20th, 9:03 pm

Please let it have split-screen co-op. We know there’s tons of power in the ps4 that should be able to handle that feature easy.

And Please don’t leave us diehard killzone fans hanging. Ending killzone 3 with a cliffhanger and jumping 30 years into the future is pretty wild for those wanting to play what happened next. Who was in that pod? How did they survive the nuke; ect?

Shacojin said:

February 20th, 9:08 pm

This game looked absolutely gorgeous/breathtaking! And to think its not even done yet. Is this game gonna be a potential 4K resolution game? How sick is multiplayer gonna be?!? CANT WAIT!

shb23 said:

February 20th, 9:08 pm

Thank you Guerrilla, you guys make great games, take your time, make it awesome, and thank you for the color pallette, not every shooters needs to be so grimdark and edgy.

angelspawn77 said:

February 20th, 9:14 pm

This game looks absolutely incredible, its near hollywood level cgi movies, except its a game. I was so blown away by this that I have watched the gameplay about 3 times now and I imagine I’ll continue to do so for the next few months. Hope you guys have a new trailer or demo at e3 I’d love to see more of this.

Zunja said:

February 20th, 10:11 pm

Just fantastic. I already had to buy Mercenaries now this!?!? It’s like you don’t want me to have any money.

IcedDice777 said:

February 20th, 10:37 pm

I liked what i saw… please make sure to include vehicles in multiplayer modes!

Who wouldn’t love to fly one of those Intruders with 3 of your buddies/teammates and unleash death from above? Mechs, Tanks, intruders… you name it!

IcedDice777 said:

February 20th, 10:44 pm

And… forgot to add, Please Add LAN mode and use killzone 2’s multiplayer as a template. Killzone 2 Mp MUCH, much better than Kz3.
My opinion of course.

Kchow23 said:

February 20th, 11:30 pm

This game is stunning!!! hopefully the MP looks great as well.

Alex-Powrs said:

February 20th, 11:50 pm

This is the main reason im buying a PS4 :D
just a question, is this Killzone 4 or a Spin-off?

D-Squad3 said:

February 20th, 11:55 pm

30 years after the cliffhanger of Killzone 3? Hmm

Well good to know that this will be a launch title! Let’s hope you guys keep it that way so that it will sell millions.

Bloodios said:

February 21st, 12:00 am

For once, I want to be in the shoes of a Helghast protagonist… because I think I had just about enough of weeding out Helghast after four games…

snakeeyes211 said:

February 21st, 12:13 am

Amazing I wish I could pre-order it right now
Sony make it happen LOL.
I am PS4!!

Alcaeus616 said:

February 21st, 12:16 am

I’m sorry, but I’m extremely disappointed… I’m a really huge Killzone fan, but this doesn’t look like Killzone anymore! This has become some random sci-fi shooter… Killzone always had this realistic view of the future but this is almost final fantasy in space… Add to that an all purpose perfect gun… You have lost your style Guerilla…. I was very curious how you were going to handle the story after KZ3, but I’m not even sure I’ll be buying this.. THe story and gameplay just look bland right now, the Helghast don’t even look like Helghast… I really expected more, but I hope future video releases will be more convincing…

Spidey817 said:

February 21st, 4:31 am

YES! Can not wait for this.

LRock414 said:

February 21st, 4:46 am

This will be a day 1 purchase for me. The preview was incredible, and really shows how hard at work you have all been. The amount of tension and dramatic moments just in that 8 minute section showed you’re putting your all into this. Great work. Can’t wait!

freshprincepbg said:

February 21st, 5:38 am

Looks amazing, but also looks really different from Killzone.

Why isn’t it called Killzone 4 just wondering?

XpAcErX said:

February 21st, 6:21 am

So who is Lucas Kellan? That is apparently the name of the character that was being played in the video. you can see his name on the security panel.

tosyn_88 said:

February 21st, 6:24 am

I can see GG has taken a radical change to the Killzone universe, no more gritty war look and welcome to a more science fiction looking Killzone

YungShep said:

February 21st, 6:32 am

for me………..BEST OF SHOW….GG you guys just know how to make a gamer smile..and i thank you…

IrishDude2 said:

February 21st, 6:36 am

My jaws dropped when it started. I could not believe what I was seeing

TomatoDragon said:

February 21st, 7:50 am

Am not much of a fps fan… but for the Killzone series… I always make an exception. Looking forward to this.

MaXeLL01x said:

February 21st, 7:58 am

My God… it’s wonderful!!

KwietStorm said:

February 21st, 8:14 am

PLEASE bring the multiplayer back to KZ2 status, not watered down KZ3 with all features removed.

romanmoe123 said:

February 21st, 8:19 am

get wait to get the money for the game

khknight said:

February 21st, 8:31 am

Please bring back the huge epic battles that were seen in killzone 2 like the battle at visari square, battle on the bridge and the battle at the palace. Those were the best parts of the game and i was disappointed that killzone 3 only had one battle that were similar to those but not as good( the battle in the jungle where the isa was defending against the invading helgast).

Also, please cut down the on rails shooting sections that flooded killzone 3. I disliked those parts with a passion.

And i really hope the boss fights are as good as the final boss fight in killzone 2 with radec.( best boss fight in any fps imo)

Killzone 2 > killzone 3 single player wise

Kaneda_Neo-Tokyo said:

February 21st, 9:25 am

Can’t wait. Glory to Helghan.

PAGE 1 2