Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Feb 20

Feb 20

Killzone: Shadow Fall Announced for PlayStation 4

Steven Ter Heide's Avatar Posted by Game Director, Guerrilla Games

Today we are happy we can finally show you what we have been working on.

It has been an amazing journey for us so far, being offered the opportunity to be a launch title for the new PlayStation, and the subsequent mild panic to figure out how to best handle all of that.

But being able to now share it with you is both a scary and proud moment. We are hoping you will like what we have created, and are happy to present you with the first glimpse of Killzone Shadow Fall.

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Killzone: Shadow FallKillzone: Shadow Fall

The piece of live gameplay we presented at the PlayStation Meeting 2013 shows you a new world, a new situation and a new hero.

The game is set in a near future, thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. The world is a very different place; two rival factions known as the Helghast and the Vektans live side by side in a futuristic city, divided by a vast wall.

Tensions are high, and the cold war they are embroiled in is about to go hot. In the midst of this all stands a Shadow Marshal, you. The most special of the special forces, tasked with maintaining the delicate balance.

Killzone: Shadow Fall

From responding to bold attacks, to quiet infiltrations or all out combat, you will be required to adapt and think on your feet as you have to face a variety of escalating events that could destroy your home world.

We are looking forward to sharing some more of the exciting events and features that we have been working on. Keep your eyes out for more news soon.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Spidey817 said:

February 21st, 10:10 am

This game just looks absolutely stunning.

RMX84 said:

February 21st, 10:56 am

I’m getting this on Day 1

saab01 said:

February 21st, 2:25 pm

Looks decent hopefully we will see more footage in the coming months

Victoryismine52 said:

February 21st, 2:50 pm

Day 1 for me I bought 2 copies of KZ3 just so my wife and I could play co-op!

playforever12 said:

February 21st, 3:50 pm

Super excited! E3 2013 needs to hurry!!!

BestNameEva said:

February 21st, 5:50 pm

looks freakn nomnomnom, i only had 1 problem….GIVE ME THE CONTROL DUDE YOU SUUUUUCK!

DaNTi3L said:

February 21st, 6:31 pm

this was my game of the show i just love how it was actual gameplay and not cgi or pre-rendered footage

TheLastNinja- said:

February 21st, 6:59 pm

The color is nice, the world looks good, and the story seems a bit interesting from that small description. However, I want to know more about the gameplay. Killzone 3 really turned me off from the series because of the changes Guerrilla made for the sake of “accessibility” and all that nonsense.

Hopefully those mistakes won’t be repeated this time around.

The only thing I can say KZ3 has over KZ2 is the Operations mode. Otherwise, I feel that just about everything in Killzone 2’s single player and multiplayer is leagues better over Killzone 3.

#49: I agree with everything you said, khknight. Killzone 3 had way too many on-rails sections and a real lack of epic battles like the ones you said. The boss fight against Radec on Elite was a great experience.

Dragons0fnight said:

February 21st, 7:09 pm

this looks worth while. yes I agree with “Nuurgle” that they should have, “posted full game play section of the demo”.

Also, looking for PS friend’s. Who ever adds me, i will get back to the adding of people, once i get my PS Vita back.

RMX84 said:

February 21st, 9:03 pm

They are playing this on Jimmy Fallon show today

Kchow23 said:

February 22nd, 12:27 am

The game looks amazing!!!

ChainClutch said:

February 22nd, 12:57 am

This game NEEDS to be a launch title!!

TooTall19 said:

February 22nd, 11:59 am

Day 1 but they better add more weight and the guns need to feel different. When I’m using a big LMG I shouldn’t be able to whip around as fast as someone with a smaller weapon. Put a cap on sensitivity for different weapons, or make it so that when you turn quickly the gun trails you. Then heavier weapons would take a little longer to adjust and aim. This would make Killzone gameplay more distinct and innovative.

mdyer2 said:

February 22nd, 1:03 pm

Steven,

I am SO excited about this game!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include SPLIT SCREEN, ONLINE multiplayer for at LEAST 2 (if not 4) people.

If this is a launch title for PS4, people who might not be interested in the game until they play it together and work as a team online, or work through a Co-op campaign (which I LOVED doing in Simulview with KZ3!!!!!)

Anyway, if you want this game to sell like hotcakes, you NEED to be able to get at LEAST 2 people working online at the same time on one console.

Call of Duty always does 4, so you need to step it up if you want to sell CoD numbers!

Thanks

yellowkillsteveC said:

February 22nd, 6:21 pm

As a huge fan of killzone 2 I must say this game doesn’t look that great.by that I mean gameplay and atmosphere seem typical and don’t strive to change much.graphically it looks great.lets hope they take a page from the vita game and make some major changes to the gameplay.strive for something more than COD pls.as a fan I’d hate to miss out on what could be a great fps

Andreas_gr said:

February 23rd, 3:06 am

it’s simply amazing!!but i cant deside whether to build a good gaming pc now until the ps4 arrives.or just wait for it

jds07 said:

February 23rd, 7:48 am

At first, I said I was going to wait awhile after launch to get a PS4, but if this is a launch title, I’m definitely getting it on day one.

Deadlocked_12345 said:

February 23rd, 11:06 am

Alright!! killzone!!! is this connected to KZ3 or is it off on its own story?

OmegaSpear said:

February 24th, 2:05 pm

Can’t wait.

Revolver1118 said:

February 25th, 9:34 am

so who do thinks the main character? im not so sure its sevchenko, but well see………

KmaccFAreal said:

March 1st, 8:23 pm

OOOOOOOOOOO
= o
I’m READY MANE
-K MACC

PANTHER1030 said:

March 4th, 12:25 pm

PLEASE WE NEED A HELGHAST CAMPAIGN……

I_Pro_CATACALYSM said:

March 9th, 9:50 am

Man this looks amazing in graphics and sound i cant wait to buy it

Dukf said:

March 10th, 4:33 am

add equipment to multiplayer and destruction !!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAGE 1 2