PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PS4 Announcement: Watch PlayStation Meeting 2013 Here

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Feb 20, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

UPDATE: The event in its entirety is now available to watch, right above this sentence. Relive the introduction of PlayStation 4, or experience it for the first time.

PlayStation Meeting 2013: it’s finally (almost) here! The festivities begin today, Wednesday February 20th starting at 6:00pm Eastern Time (3:00pm Pacific Time)… and you’ll be able to watch live right here from this humble PlayStation.Blog post. Set those bookmarks and timers!

If you simply must leave the warm, soothing embrace of PlayStation.Blog, you’ll also be able to follow along live on PlayStation.com, inside the virtual world of PlayStation Home, and even via your PS3’s Xross Media Bar — just look for it under the “What’s New” section.

If your busy, busy life can’t find time for a live video stream, then be sure to follow our livetweeting fun on Twitter where you can join the conversation using #playstation2013. We’ll be dropping a few key updates on Facebook and Google+, too, for those so inclined.

Please follow along starting at 6:00pm Eastern Time and share your thoughts in the comments below. And then come back to the Blog after the show’s conclusion for a full wrap-up of all the announcements. Enjoy with our compliments!

532 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11

+ Butters360 on February 20th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Break the Walls Down!

+ cleversignin on February 20th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

here are some PS+ trial codes (one month each) to celebrate.

Here is code #1: CE55-3NN7-E7DH
Here is code #2: 4CD9-4AN8-QKFQ
Here is code #3: ARKG-Q9N8-7PMR

First come first served.

+ Berae on February 20th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

What do you mean ”via your PS3’s Xross Media Bar”? Can watch live it directly on my ps3?

+ GRIM__REAFER on February 20th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Better not have amazing features one year then take them away a year later.

Eventually there won’t be backward compatibility (at least no with all previous consoles), but this time around you owe us FULL backward Comp. After failing with PS2 on PS3.

+ bruno_de_araujo on February 20th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

It’s time!!!

+ XFRod on February 20th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

I’ve never thrown/traded in a system, all the way back to my Atari 2600. If I want to play old PS games, I’ll play them on their native systems, which will be sitting within arms reach of my PS4, anyway. Forget backwards compatibility, it will do nothing but drive up the price on the new system.

+ saab01 on February 20th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

All I can say is that if really the PS Orbis is announced today I hope it will be released in Spring 2014 or Fall 2014. I highly doubt if the new console was shown today a price would be revealed most likely that would be a E3 announcement. The PS3 is going strong in my eyes and with games like Beyond two souls, The last Guardian and The last of us things should be fine for PS3 owners.

+ Elsa on February 20th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

I checked out some of the video from the “what’s new” section, which leads to a web link… and the streaming quality is pretty bad (particularly when compared to something like Netflix). I have a 50mbps internet connection and yet it seems to be in SD quality.
Is there any way to change the quality of the video stream?

I’ll try Home next and see if the quality is better, but just wanted to mention this as it doesn’t make a very good first impression, particularly given the high quality of other video streams like Netflix.

+ siriusbee on February 20th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Here’s crossing fingers for the return of OtherOS functionality. Just kidding.

@XFRod: Not everyone is a system hoarder like you ;) Seriously though, I’d like fewer bulky things in my small studio apartment, so backwards compatibility would be a huge plus.

+ Elsa on February 20th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

Where in Home can this be watched… I haven’t used Home in eons. Is it the Theater section? You might be a bit more specific in your blog post….

+ Berae on February 20th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

@57 saab01

so what? I mean even if it launch before it will not stop you for enjoying your ps3. Many ps3 owners are ready to switch to next gen… follow the evolution

+ CrusaderForever on February 20th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

Thanks Sony for the $10 gift! Cannot wait to see what you have in store for your Playstation fans!!!

+ GGCAN on February 20th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

Can’t wait to hear and see the news.

Wanted to advise anyone in Canada with a PS Vita as well, Best Buy is selling the 32 GB memory card this week for 79.99 instead of 99.99.

+ PlayEvoinsec21 on February 20th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Heres my official song for today :

The Pointer Sisters – I’m So Excited

LOOL !!!

+ Akhazriel13 on February 20th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Cant Wait!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on February 20th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

@ Elsa, It should be able to appear under the “New & Recommended” or “Theaters” tabs.

+ XxDaPhEnOmEnAhxX on February 20th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

Can’t Wait!

+ ColorlessMage on February 20th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

This is sorta exciting,wonder what the ps4 is gonna be like.

Well my body is ready for whatever you throw ;D

Also is it naive expecting the Vita getting a tiny bit of spotlight in this event?

+ goldinjose90 on February 20th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Can’t wait for this event!! Looking forward to it!!

+ Xarpolis on February 20th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Looking forward to this one. I “hope” it’s the announcement for PS4, but you never can be too sure. I’ll definitely watch it live at 6pm.

Thanks!

+ ixTOPDAWGxi on February 20th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Today is finally the day. “The moment of judgement”. Can’t wait.

+ wonderkid_59 on February 20th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

What time is it going to be in Europe? I don’t get anything about those timetables

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on February 20th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

P…S…4…!!! Can’t Wait!

+ infamousXX87XX on February 20th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

The stream better not mess up given the amount of people who are going to watch this

+ improperlyaged on February 20th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

PS VITA price cut to 189.99 and memory card prices all cut by 40%. True gaming anywhere with across the board remote play from ps3 to ps vita.

+ SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT on February 20th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

Oh and thank you Sony for the $10 PSN gift voucher!

+ HellviewsRLP on February 20th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

Should I add the Leeroy Jenjins call? Can’t wait to see what the main guys at SCE has to offer.

+ YungShep on February 20th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

IMPRESS ME SONY. NO MORE FALSE HOPE PLEASE. KEEP 3D ALIVE, DONT FORCE 4K ON ME..

+ Wartech on February 20th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

I tnink there should be different versions each with a different level of backwards compatibility.
Elite with PS1, PS2, PS3.
Advance with PS2, and PS3
Standard with just PS3
and a Basic model with no b/c except for PSN digital download.

A Vita card port for games without cross play
phone pairing so you can get and makecall with headset while playing
Vita intergration
Highly personalizing start screen. That includes fonts, font color, font size, photos as avatars, start music sampled from our library,
bookmark icons for direct web page access
Move included
Superior graphics and sound

+ djnealb on February 20th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

I wish this was happening either an hour earlier or an hour later. 6 Eastern is 5 CST and that’s right when I leave work and have to catch the bus. I won’t get home till about 6pm here. The last hour at work is usually pretty dead, and if it were an hour later I could just catch it at home (maybe miss the first few minutes or so). Oh well, I’m sure that it will be recorded so that I can just watch it later.

+ slumdog1000000 on February 20th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

i cant wait gonna be EPIC

+ YungShep on February 20th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

GOD OF WAR ASCENSION DEMO IS OUT FOR TEAM SPARTANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ wokeupinapanic on February 20th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

Curious about watching it live in the XMB… Does it just open an internet browser window, or will I actually be able to watch it natively from the PS3 XMB?

I’ll probably just watch it on my laptop hooked up to my TV, but not having to lug that over and find all the cables to plug it in would be nice.

Meh, I’ll probably just watch it on my iMac anyways… -_-

+ dodgedoors on February 20th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

I hope it is more than just ps4. I want a 64 gb card for vita for 100 bucks

+ clawson0069 on February 20th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

My Question is If they do Reveal Ps4 will our playstation network account transfer into are ps4?

+ ASC2175 on February 20th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

YYYAAAYYYYYY i didn’t get my 10 dollar voucher <_<

+ Zacky-V-A7X on February 20th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Today’s gonna be an special day!!!! plus God of War 4 rumours Holy “#%&&/%/

+ jose213jose on February 20th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Just hope next gen console is packing powerful hardware + alot Ram and Vram but 100 times better software to make it shine bright. Download things while its in the background when playing games like system software update and ect.

;)

+ Major_Hoare on February 20th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Can wait. (too busy playing games to worry about videogame related stuff coming in November)

+ WWE32fan on February 20th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

Can’t wait for this! Really hoping for backward compatibility with PS1, 2, and 3 though.

+ retro25 on February 20th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

This is very exciting, I’m just wondering when do I see this event in mountain time.

+ YaZeR1984 on February 20th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Long time coming ! but hope it worth it !!

+ Mehvin6 on February 20th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Finally all rumours can be put to rest and facts will awaken!

+ xFuzylilManPeach on February 20th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

SO pumped!!!! lay it on me Sony!!! Im f’ing READY!!!!

+ four24twenty on February 20th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

How can anyone of us be the “first” to know?

I feel like Sony insiders already know, making them first.

+ SuperDaz04 on February 20th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

what time is it on if you are in ireland?

+ GoD_Fearz_Me on February 20th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

YES!! Can’t wait for it ahhh

+ PainOfSarrow on February 20th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

cleversignin got anymore ? …. and come on sony wish yall gave me a 10$ Code aswell.

+ BUBBER360 on February 20th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

OMG WTF IS THIS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!!

+ loadstone007 on February 20th, 2013 at 10:10 am said: