Uncharted 4

PS4 Announcement: Watch PlayStation Meeting 2013 Here

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Feb 20, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

UPDATE: The event in its entirety is now available to watch, right above this sentence. Relive the introduction of PlayStation 4, or experience it for the first time.

PlayStation Meeting 2013: it’s finally (almost) here! The festivities begin today, Wednesday February 20th starting at 6:00pm Eastern Time (3:00pm Pacific Time)… and you’ll be able to watch live right here from this humble PlayStation.Blog post. Set those bookmarks and timers!

If you simply must leave the warm, soothing embrace of PlayStation.Blog, you’ll also be able to follow along live on PlayStation.com, inside the virtual world of PlayStation Home, and even via your PS3’s Xross Media Bar — just look for it under the “What’s New” section.

If your busy, busy life can’t find time for a live video stream, then be sure to follow our livetweeting fun on Twitter where you can join the conversation using #playstation2013. We’ll be dropping a few key updates on Facebook and Google+, too, for those so inclined.

Please follow along starting at 6:00pm Eastern Time and share your thoughts in the comments below. And then come back to the Blog after the show’s conclusion for a full wrap-up of all the announcements. Enjoy with our compliments!

532 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 11

+ lisatsunami on February 20th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Maybe one of those old game-share people that caused the rest of us honest folk to get limited to 2 activated PS3 for games, and just 1 for video?

I have a couple extra accounts just because I wanted to reserve gamertags that I thought were funny, but never use them. I do have another account name, for my EU account, though. But all us trophy ‘hos can only use one main account. Need to keep that count increasing.

+ djdavidjay on February 20th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

I love how I have 3 PS3s, a PS Vita, PSP, been a PSN Plus member since day 1 with no lapse in my account ever and on auto-renew, and I got no loyalty voucher. How does that happen?

+ Ralph_RD on February 20th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

I Don’t Wait :/

+ gymako on February 20th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Will the event be able to be viewed again on Home, or somewhere else later this evening? Unfortunately I’ll be stuck at work when it’s airing live.

+ jyddys1 on February 20th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

wohooo!

+ Trollface1990 on February 20th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OGM OMG

+ paganimarcos on February 20th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this since i saw the add!

+ PatricioUSA on February 20th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

@152 Im in the same boat. People with less than a week with Ps3 got it.
I had a PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and PSVITA, still no “loyalty” vouncher….
Sigh

+ gokugt25 on February 20th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

I cant wait , im going to watch it on my ps3 :D :D :D :D

+ MidoriRitsu on February 20th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Am I the only one who isn’t really expecting PS4?
I mean… I’m ready for the announcement, but I just belive it won’t be here this year. I see PS3 doing too good like to launch it this year. I’m probably wrong though.

+ TerraAshura on February 20th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

PS4 IS GO!

+ FFXI101 on February 20th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

I’m so excited, I’m ready!! As soon as the retail have PS4 in the system I’m going to pre-order and pay it off!!!!

+ CommandingTiger on February 20th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

If they are to say the PS4 is coming, I highly doubt they would release the specs.

They didn’t say anything about specs when they announced the Vita.
So I think it’ll be the same here.

+ GoD_Fearz_Me on February 20th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Time can’t go by fast enough…

+ JOHNDOE5 on February 20th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

LETS GO PLAYSTATION 2013!

+ lisatsunami on February 20th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

I just booted up my PS3 and saw the message with the voucher. Very class move, thanks!

I’m sure the few of you who didn’t get it yet, will soon.

+ BlindMango on February 20th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Today will be a historic day! =D

+ TopCat04 on February 20th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

Lets go I am one of the people who buys new shiny things when they come out so I need to see what this will be all about.

+ AndreJNiemand on February 20th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

Not a happy camper

+ P-A-N-D on February 20th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

I can feel it. This is Sony’s Time TO SHINE Moment with the new Playstation console. Go SONY!!!!!!!!

+ CommandingTiger on February 20th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

For the processor of the PS4.

Some rumours claims it’s going to have a AMD based processor. I don’t know which 1 it will be, but I would recommend going with an Intel core processor instead.

Intel core processor and fast, efficient and they last long.
Why do you think Apple uses them for their MACs? Because it works.
So does Sony Viao Laptops, they use Intel core processors. And they usually last a long time.

We don’t want to have something that will bug constantly or that will break too often.

I would recommend going with an intel based processor, they are much smoother and they last longer.

Alternatively, you could also go with the PowerXCell i8, which is an enhanced version of the PS3′s Cell broadband engine. Of course, that processor is a beast,
Of course, that depends of the production cost/price.

+ mutish on February 20th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

3 more hours~~~~!!!

+ bigblack-is-back on February 20th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

this is the meaning of life

+ Maverick2099 on February 20th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

Oh Man Santa Monica will be there too ;-))))))

+ tankbuster1998 on February 20th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

omg

+ saab01 on February 20th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

I don’t like the new report today by 1up.com stating that the new PS console will have a price tag of $429 for the basic and $529 for the premium this is way too high. Sorry but I will not be picking it up if this is the case. I felt like when I dropped $600 on the 60GB back in 06 it was too high but I got it since I never had a new console when it was first released. Hopefully 1up.com has there information wrong. Also it stated that the next console will have a online service where you have to pay to play online that’s ok with me as long as it is included for plus members. Lets wait until tonight and see what unfolds.

+ saskamazon on February 20th, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

who knows what the criteria was to get the $10 code … I got one, & with my 2 Vitas / 2 PSPs & PS3, I’m glad to have this nice touch … I also have a lot on the HDD – both digital & retail, as well as a number of preorder bonus items … not sure how the loyalty program works though … really looking fwd. to the conference !

+ moomanjoe on February 20th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

Very excited :)

+ SpooNManX on February 20th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

My predictions for the PS4…

Front and back touch pad on the DS4 controller (like the Vita).

The system will be backwards compatible will all PS1, PS2, & PS3 software via Gaikai service which will be included with your PSN Plus membership.

It will utilize both BR discs (up to 100GB) and “Day 1″ digital releases.

And it will have 2 retail packages at launch, a “basic” 120GB solid state drive for $299 and a 1TB hdd ver for $349.

Demos being show:
Short clips of Gran Turismo Code Orbis (name to change), Grand Theft Auto V (PS4 edt.), Uncharted 4, inFAMOUS 3, and a teaser for a new Crash Bandicoot game made by original developers Naughty Dog.

Oh, and a new improved Sony Move which is improved through software algorithm and uses existing Move hardware, though a new HD Sony “Ocule” camera is required. The game being shown off to demo this features Parappa the rapper… You gotta believe!

That’s all I got ;)

+ ThaDDsNUTS on February 20th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

Same, i have owned ps,ps2,ps3 at least four of each system. And I have never received a loyalty voucher.
But I’m ready to play my ps3 games on the ps4 in hope that it will lag/glitch/freeze less.
Mostly that it is not released faulty/premature.But at the same time in a reasonably timely matter since the hype has been built on SONY’s side.

Nevertheless love my PS1,2,3′s , and I’m wishful for more DURABLE controllers.

+ crazy_kracker1 on February 20th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Are they letting everyone no that there going bankrupt. lol

+ Heylow45 on February 20th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

I can’t wait! I am so excited & ready for this!

+ spiderman1998 on February 20th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

still waiting….

+ neuropunk on February 20th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Oh great, another crappy shooter console full of crappy PAAGGs (Play As A Gun Game). Not buying another piece of crap PlayStation, if it’s going to continue to be full of mediocre games like the PS3.

I remember how fantastic both the PS and PS2 were. The PS3 is a POS though. Full of casual crappy shooters. I really miss great JRPGs and WRPGs.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING 6+ YEARS FOR NEW JRPGS WITH TURN BASED COMBAT THAT ARE LIKE FF7-FF10 AND XENOGEARS. PS3 HAS ZERO NEW PROPER TURN BASED GAMES. 6+ years and there are no PS3 games like that. I bought a PS3 for those types of games and there aren’t even any. You fooled me once Sony, you will not fool me again. I already bought a 3DS and WiiU and I’m not buying your new garbage console.

+ ThaDDsNUTS on February 20th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

What’s up with that stock.14.54?

+ ThaDDsNUTS on February 20th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

@ neuropunk

Blame the game makers not the platform.

+ JNM-CIM on February 20th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Thank you so much Sony for the $10 voucher code! :) I can’t wait until 6:00pm!

+ KidCommando on February 20th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

@ neuropunk

Thank Goodness, does that mean you won’t be visiting the PSBlog anymore?

*fingers crossed*

+ DaNTi3L on February 20th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

i am ready BRING IT !!

+ Carli_ToXx on February 20th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

I can’t wait! .. .:D

+ neuropunk on February 20th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

#186 – I refuse to believe that Sony didn’t have anything to do with the mediocre Resistance and Killzone series. Or Starhawk, or Twisted Metal or Little Big Planet Kart or Modnation Racers or that awful PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. Sony should have made deals for JRPG exclusives, but Sony were so arrogant that they felt that they did not need to pay for exclusives, and look where that got them – 3rd place, the Playstation is now behind the Xbox “No Games” 360, that only has Failo and Gears of Bore. It is very pathetic. What happens when you don’t keep your system sellers is that nobody buys your system.

PS3 was a year late and let all the JRPGs like Lost Odyssey slip through their fingers, since Microsoft was paying for JRPGs, but Sony pig headedly thought they were too good to pay for business. What happened is that Xbros don’t play JRPGs, nobody bought those turn based JRPGs for the 360, so Japanese devs thought that people no longer like turn based. The thing is that Xbros only buy garbage shooters. JRPGs like Final Fantasy VII put the PlayStation brand on the map in the first place and Sony severely let me down with the PlayStation 3. Not only have Sony let me down, but they have let themselves down.

+ krae_man on February 20th, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

Please start late and start off the presentation with as much boring pointless stuff as possible so I can get home from work before you get to the good stuff:p

+ slimjim1996 on February 20th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

my wallet is ready

+ shades909 on February 20th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

I hope most of the rumors aren’t true or for the first time since the PS1 i will skip a consoles released by Sony

+ CommandingTiger on February 20th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

I hope they announce lots of Vita games.
We almost got 100 now. (Not counting the PS Mobile games)

+ Lacerz on February 20th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

Home’s finally out of Beta! Woot!

+ neuropunk on February 20th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

Plus why are you all so excited for a PlayStation 4? Does your memory fail you so much that you do not remember the PlayStation 3 launch?

Remember back when people called the PS3 the “DelayStation”, and for good reason? The PlayStation 3 didn’t even have any good games for about 3 years. I remember the memes with “PS3 has no games”. So remember, if you buy a PS4 at launch, odds are that it’s going to only have mediocre games for a very long time.

KidCommando, your opinion doesn’t count since you’re a biased fanboy. LMFAO, you own a PlayStation “NO GAMES” Vita! LOL! Why did you buy a sucky handheld with no games? I wouldn’t be caught dead with a Vita, plus the name is horrible.

+ minimekw on February 20th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ KanesInferno on February 20th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

I can’t wait to watch this announcement straight from my PS3!

+ drd7of14 on February 20th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

:( How do you watch it on a VITA. I’m sad now. Wah…Wah.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 11