PS4 - Destiny

PS4 Announcement: Watch PlayStation Meeting 2013 Here

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Feb 20, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

UPDATE: The event in its entirety is now available to watch, right above this sentence. Relive the introduction of PlayStation 4, or experience it for the first time.

PlayStation Meeting 2013: it’s finally (almost) here! The festivities begin today, Wednesday February 20th starting at 6:00pm Eastern Time (3:00pm Pacific Time)… and you’ll be able to watch live right here from this humble PlayStation.Blog post. Set those bookmarks and timers!

If you simply must leave the warm, soothing embrace of PlayStation.Blog, you’ll also be able to follow along live on PlayStation.com, inside the virtual world of PlayStation Home, and even via your PS3’s Xross Media Bar — just look for it under the “What’s New” section.

If your busy, busy life can’t find time for a live video stream, then be sure to follow our livetweeting fun on Twitter where you can join the conversation using #playstation2013. We’ll be dropping a few key updates on Facebook and Google+, too, for those so inclined.

Please follow along starting at 6:00pm Eastern Time and share your thoughts in the comments below. And then come back to the Blog after the show’s conclusion for a full wrap-up of all the announcements. Enjoy with our compliments!

532 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 11

+ F2theAT on February 20th, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

damn…didn’t get the voucher. thanx Sony.

+ soccertk2008 on February 20th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

I Cant wait too bad i have to watch it when i get off work

+ illwiththeskill on February 20th, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

Say word! Thanks for the $10 voucher Sony, that’s wassup.

All you lames who stay complaining about PS Plus and Sony STFU. What other company gives stuff away on a weekly basis? Does T-Mobile? I was with them for 2 years and aint get nothin for free. How about your cable company? I have cox cable and they aint gave me anything free except a raise in the fees.

How about Xbox? Does microsoft give away games for free or random vouchers? Don’t think so. Imma keep rockin with Sony as long as they keep doin what they do.

+ Briosh on February 20th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

Please… Become once more the ONLY gaming console like you once were….

+ mrdavid359 on February 20th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

OMFG THIS HAS BEEN AWATED SO LONG!!!! LETS GO PLAYSTATION 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ lDark_Ops on February 20th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

Yeah Whoo Playstation Cant wait..really im standing just starin at the screen..Whoooooooo

+ lDark_Ops on February 20th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

+ inFAMOUS-787 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

Bungie blew my mind with DESTINY now dont let me down SONY!!!! Next PS or bust!!!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on February 20th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

2 Hours!

+ inFAMOUS-787 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

Still no PSN voucher,bought the PS3 when it was $600!!! PS Plus member since day 1!!!! and….. nothing…. ah well…thanx for VANQUISH tho…..

+ das076 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

a 2hs de la nueva PS4!

+ Emmanuel_A_P on February 20th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

@ illwiththeskill

Well said.

+ seejay666 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

{squeels like lil girl}

Awesome!!!!

+ FortWHENTEA on February 20th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

HOLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

+ Kanedas_Bike on February 20th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

Whatever it is we are going to love it even if it is the first launch cuz we all know the first launch will get redesigned in about the year. What we need to consider is the details because the devil is in the details RFID, cloud gaming those little things as far as performance we know it’s going to rock

+ JayBizzle311 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

two more hours and gaming changes forever.

+ Kanedas_Bike on February 20th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

What Jay said.

+ CommandingTiger on February 20th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

@neuropunk

I understand exactly how you feel. But they were multiple things that happened last gen that JRPGs were simply unable to adjust to the new technologies and platform.

I got most of my JRPGs from my PSP, or in some cases my Wii.
I wish there would’ve been more JRPGS, but the PS3 isn’t dead yet.

Microsoft did bought a bunch of JRPGs in hopes it would help their console in the Japan market or even help getting thoses players here in the US to “Jump In” their console. Did it work?
Absolutely not.

Now, Microsoft could again try to get thoses JRPGs in their consoles, but honestly, even if they to spend their entire fortune, they’d still wouldn’t gain ground in Japan and nobody would be buying thoses games in the US on an Xbox. Both Microsoft and the Game Makers would loose tremendously, and if Microsoft is smart, they’ll stay away from Japan in the next-generation.

I’ll probably get my RPGs on a Wii U, most likely.

+ Daffy_Duuck on February 20th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

I can’t wait for this!! Please be the PS4

+ Kanedas_Bike on February 20th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

I’m waiting to watch in my ambulance with my Vita and iPad both connect to the web. I’m just freaking out because we could get called out and MISS IT!!!!!!!!

+ CommandingTiger on February 20th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Still getting aPS4.

+ shreyas_dbz on February 20th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

can wait!! exitd!!!

+ invalidid on February 20th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

Aside from a possible PS4 announcement, I’d like to see a live stream of the firing of the idiots behind this store redesign.

+ EpicParamour on February 20th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

I have both a 360 and PS3 and love both of them. I’m onlying buying one next gen system at launch, so Sony and MS have to bring it. This guy is on the fence. But i am ludicrously excited for both of them!

+ clawson0069 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

I GOT MY 10 Buck Voucher!!

+ a_randay92 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it!

+ julian3ap on February 20th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

AWESOME

+ jazodda on February 20th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Who cares how look the new PS4, always feel better!!! yeah!!!!

+ F2theAT on February 20th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

are they still givin those vouchers out? can anyone comfirm?

+ xHGNxJoeRulez on February 20th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

The Hardcore Gamers from Nicaragua can’t wait!!!!

+ F2theAT on February 20th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

or are u guys just now signin in to psn and finding out.

+ destruction996 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

I really hope they dont go crazy. i have seen some of the videos on youtube,facebook,and twitter.And one thing i am scared of is that they will use premium subscriptions for internet.Besides that i think im going to be ok but i think it will be nice to have backwords capability for at least PS3 and to be able to use your old PSN account.Im still waiting to see if i should get Playstation Plus because i dont want to pay 50$ for something that i will just leave.Please dont diappoint us Sony.

+ neuropunk on February 20th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

RRRIIIIIIIDGGGEE RAAAAACER!

GIANT ENEMY CRAPS!

$599 US DOLLARS!

+ svanholm_10 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

where can i se it

+ gabypro on February 20th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

cant wait!!!! :)

+ pickupdoctor on February 20th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

Can’t wait.

+ Daimomaru on February 20th, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

Get ready for the next generation! Killzone 4 will look better than real life!

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on February 20th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

Alright, seems like the Playstation.com site is getting everything in motion, they’re tweeting, cams are off air. Everyone buckle up. . .Sony’s gonna take us for a ride to the future.

1 more hour.

+ DeathGazer on February 20th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

Sony’s paying me $10 to watch this.

+ chigga_kidd on February 20th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

lets get it poppin!!!

+ remanutd5 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

Neogaf is already down lol, my hype is reaching dangerous levels, not good for my health

+ raven-ace135 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

I CANT WAIT!!!!

+ pollo11589 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

It’d be stupid, if it was anything but the PS4 announcement.

+ skuljagger on February 20th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

. SONY, IMPRESIONANOS =’D

+ ATOMS11 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

I will hold a presence here at the Blog, as well as Home theater! Go get um Sony!

+ whufc_no2 on February 20th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

cant wait

+ Drale_Onca on February 20th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

Just 1 hour… *-*

+ katsuo7171 on February 20th, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

1 more hour!!!!

How disappointing would it be if this wasn’t the PS4. Probably the PS Vita Go or the Moveye.

+ NLCPRESIDENT on February 20th, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

Leg go!

+ gilbot_ on February 20th, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

ive been with my ps3 since it came out 8yrs now :)

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 11