PS4-The Order

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Coming to PS3 This Fall

Robert Peeler's Avatar + Posted by Robert Peeler on Feb 25, 2013 // Community Manager, Square Enix

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

“Although my heart may be weak, it’s not alone. It’s grown with each new experience. And it’s found a home with all the friends I’ve made. I’ve become a part of their heart, just as they’ve become a part of mine… I don’t need a weapon. My friends are my power!”

Since this memorable speech, Sora’s dedication to his friends has shown across the series, and the magic of KINGDOM HEARTS continues to unite fans throughout the world. Ten years later and seven entries in, we have a new opportunity to replay the adventure that started it all in beautiful HD.

We’re proud to announce the upcoming release of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX for North America! The young Sora wields the magical keyblade in search of his lost friends, making new ones with Disney’s Goofy and Donald along the way. The story continues through classic Disney stories like Aladdin, Hercules, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Utilizing RPG mechanics and gaining new exploratory powers throughout his adventure, Sora solidified himself as a starry-eyed hero that bridged Disney classics with a unique overarching story of friendship and courage. This classic hit comes in breathtaking HD with various gameplay enhancements, and is exclusively available for the first time on PlayStation 3 this fall.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIXKingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

Sora’s adventures took a dramatic turn with his journey into the mysterious Castle Oblivion in KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories. These events revealed some of the hidden intentions behind the shadowy Organization XIII. Their movements and the training of one notable character in the series, Roxas, are detailed even further in stunning HD visuals through the cinematic scenes of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days.

All of this is included with full Trophy support in one spectacular release. Plus, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX includes the once-exclusive KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX content, like new enemies, weapons, abilities, cutscenes, missions and more!

We can’t thank the fans enough (many of whom have asked us many times for this very game!) for all their support throughout the years, and we urge all of you to continue to follow news surrounding KINGDOM HEARTS on our official Twitter and Facebook. Relish this opportunity to replay the original and know again why without a doubt, the light, is KINGDOM HEARTS!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7

+ FearMonkey on February 25th, 2013 at 6:50 am said:

YES! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! YES! :D

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

+ Monterossa on February 25th, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

Where is Final Fantasy X HD ??
Where is Final Fantasy X HD ??
Where is Final Fantasy X HD ??
Where is Final Fantasy X HD ??
Where is Final Fantasy X HD ??
Where is Final Fantasy X HD ??
Where is Final Fantasy X HD ??
Where is Final Fantasy X HD ??
Where is Final Fantasy X HD ??
Where is Final Fantasy X HD ??

+ sir_nathan_765 on February 25th, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

Does this mean that it will (eventually) also come to Europe?

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:03 am said:

It will yes. Same time as NA.

+ BreakAtmo on February 25th, 2013 at 6:55 am said:

This will be a day long remembered. A day 10 years in the making. Looking forward to 2.5!

+ lm239 on February 25th, 2013 at 6:56 am said:

Finally the news ive been waiting to hear. Definately a day one buy for me. Thank you for bringing this over to us.

+ SkyShadowNinja91 on February 25th, 2013 at 6:58 am said:

the game that stole my heart can now steal my heart again!

+ gufeva on February 25th, 2013 at 6:59 am said:

Next steps:
– DRAGON QUEST V & VIII HD
– FINAL FANTASY X & XII HD

The first one would make me happy :)

+ IzoGray on February 25th, 2013 at 6:59 am said:

Robert, thanks for answering.

I know you can send word around Square Enix so please make our displeasure known.

How hard can it be for the guys there to put a file up on the PSN store? They have other PSP and PSone titles up there so I’m not seeing the difficulty.

I also don’t see how you can have two of your most popular titles missing from the store.

I mean come on bro, if tech savvy people can get these games up and running on emulators, how difficult would it be to get it up and running on Vita/PSP via PSN??

+ FearMonkey on February 25th, 2013 at 7:00 am said:

Quick question: Just curious why the localization is taking so long considering most of the localization was already done and the only thing new is the Remix content and the 358/2 Days content? Because Fall is kinda close to the release of the PS4 isn’t it?
Thanks.

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

There is a bit more to it than that, but I’ll leave the details for another day.

+ Tjoeb123 on February 25th, 2013 at 7:01 am said:

See that, dragon_night? Now you have a reason to stop making those annoying posts every week!!

+ georgieGENOCIDE on February 25th, 2013 at 7:02 am said:

@41 and @48 It would make more sense the way Mako Soldier said story wise but honestly they’re better off doing KH HD 2 with Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance on just cutscene mode. I bought a 3DS to play it and although it was a good game gameplay wise there wasn’t enough story. It be easier for them just to show the important parts.

+ TheDiGoMi on February 25th, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

FINALLY! BEST GAME EVER! :)

+ DarkKingZane on February 25th, 2013 at 7:11 am said:

can’t wait I love kingdom hearts

+ Toxic–Llama on February 25th, 2013 at 7:14 am said:

When I seen the cover image on Facebook saying “Coming Fall 2013″, I thought they meant KH3 and I got really excited. But this is cool too. I can finally let my PS2 rest in peace.

But… is KH3 ever going to happen? Just a yes or no?

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

Sorry about that, seen with the Avatar image it all becomes clear, plus we updated the cover photo after posting about the announcement, but I can see where the confusion comes from to be sure.

+ Amblurr on February 25th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

I love Kingdom Hearts but it has gone so sideways in so many different platforms I will never be able to enjoy this story in order. So freaking confused! :(

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

That’s partly why this collection exists. You can play the original, the direct follow up, and the story of Roxas during the same period all in one release for PlayStation 3.

+ HannahAndCoffee on February 25th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

Will this come out in Norway?

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

Yep!

+ CAMA1992 on February 25th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

Happy about the release of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD – I have really been anticipating it!
However I’m really fearful about the release date, since the PS4 is announced for ‘Holiday 2013′, and there’s been no mention of Backwards compatibility (which I’d quite happily pay extra for).
Is there any mention of playing this game on the PS4 yet and if so, will it only then be available on the console through the PSN?

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

It’s currently only slated to be available for PlayStation 3.

+ bldudas on February 25th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

YES, I’m so going to get this.

+ boboMELOSHE on February 25th, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

HECK YEA!!!! SOOOO excited for this, Im getting this day 1 and going for that plat no matter how difficult :D

+ nTIMd8r on February 25th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

I won’t be getting this until Sony makes a comment on whether it will run on both the PS3 and the PS4 (and possibly Vita) using the same PSN ID.

+ dark_flame_18 on February 25th, 2013 at 7:24 am said:

you think it takes time to remaster the graphics yes it does to who ever owns an xbox 360 and halo CEA look at their graphics 343 remastered them and finaly we north americans get the final mix of kingdom hearts YEAH and also thank you for making the kingdom hearts HD 1.5 remake :D

+ Ryumoau on February 25th, 2013 at 7:24 am said:

Its great that you guys are bringing these games to the west, but please don’t make the mistake off Overpricing the collection like Square has been doing for IOS games and the psp port of a DS remake (FF3).

It should not cost more than $39.99 at most. There are other HD collections with more games in them that cost less than that.

+ KannonLoose on February 25th, 2013 at 7:24 am said:

I waited 7 years for a Kingdom Hearts to return to a home console. As a fan I’m way too happy that I can relive my childhood game as an Adult. But once KH3 comes out which i believe is the end of the Xehanort Saga. I can finally move on from this series knowing it had an END TO IT. When they introduced the new saga if they ever come out with one to my future childrens.

+ Kojima-Yoshiyuki on February 25th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

I was hoping for a vita cross play situation but this is still good that its official now.

+ b00kthree on February 25th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

So excited! People will have to find something new to whine about every week!

+ warpbait on February 25th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

awesome definitely picking this up. So will you be releasing KH2 final mix over in the US as well eventually?

+ theman_714 on February 25th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

Hi Robert, I was curious if you have any idea if the other Kingdom Hearts games will be rendered in HD and be released sometime in the future?

+ nabilafzali02 on February 25th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

I wish they could port this to the vita….or at least put birth by sleep on the vita psn store……but I only dream ,it wont happen :(

+ Karlobsterrific on February 25th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

Kingdom Hearts is the main reason why I still continue gaming up to this day. Ever since I saw the trailer in one of the demo discs of the PS2 I was immediately enthralled. I’ve bought every KH game, bought a 3DS just for KH, played 358/2 Days and BBS to death. With the release of this collection, I see we’re one step closer to the end of the KH franchise (Well at least the Xehanort Saga).

I bought a PS3 in hopes of playing Kingdom Hearts 3. The moment KH3 finally comes out is the time I’ll probably taper off my gaming habits. It is THE franchise that defines my gaming life. You sir Robert Peeler made my day with this announcement. Hope for more juicy KH info soon!

+ Elfsoul on February 25th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

Will come out in Germany too someday ???

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:36 am said:

Not just some day, but around the same day.

+ justcie on February 25th, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

Finally :D Awesome i can’t wait, when it will come to Europe? please answer :)

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

Around the same time. I don’t have an exact date for ya.

+ TeCniquEz_X on February 25th, 2013 at 7:36 am said:

Yes….FINALLY, KINGDOM HEARTS HAS COME BACK……TO THE HOME CONSOLE OF PLAYSTATION!!!! (DID THE DWAYNE JOHNSON IMPRESSION OUT LOUD LOL) BUT REALLY IM SO FREAKIN EXCITED MAN! I DEFINITLEY WILL NOT BE BUY A PS4 ANYTIME SOON ANYWAY BUT THIS WILL EXTEND THAT WAIT. KINGDOM HEARTS IS MY FAVORITE SERIES EVER!!!!! THIS IS A PLATINUM!

+ LifelessFreaks on February 25th, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

Robert, will I be able to buy/order this game if I live in Malaysia?

+ Zookey on February 25th, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

Due to the release timing, gotta throw my support behind the idea of doing a PS4 version too ;-) Even if it’s download-only, would be a great first title to play on my shiny new PS4 later this year!

+ RidleysBox on February 25th, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

@ Robert Peeler

Will there be dual-audio support?

Since it will be released next month in Japan, if the NA version doesn’t have dual-audio, I can save a bunch of months waiting by importing it.

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

Can’t really say at this time, we’ll get back to you

+ ioshi_US on February 25th, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

plss bring this to ps vita :(

+ AgentPicka on February 25th, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

when I read the post on Facebook from Square Enix saying to check the blog my heart sank. finally I can replay the first game (Hopefully with skip scene capabilities lol) any ETA on when we can start pre-ordering this.? thank you in advance if you answer.

+ IrishDude2 on February 25th, 2013 at 7:46 am said:

I’M SOOO HAPPY!! :D After this will need Final Fantasy X HD news and Versus news and my gaming news would feel complete!

+ TeCniquEz_X on February 25th, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

MY QUESTION IS WILL THE KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 REMIX HAVE THE GAMEPLAY OF THE ORIGINAL KINGDOM HEARTS ONLY? RE:CHAIN OF MEMORIES WAS KIND OF ANNOYING. I BEAT THE GAME BUT CARDS AND KINGDOM HEARTS DON’T MIX FOR ME LOL

+ ChibiMrBubbles on February 25th, 2013 at 7:58 am said:

Day 1 for sure, all that nostalgia.

I’d give an arm and a leg to see Dragon Quest 8 also get the HD treatment, one of the most beautiful and captivating game from last generation.

+ AdamHype on February 25th, 2013 at 7:59 am said:

North America is getting the Final Mix of the first Game? I couldn’t be more excited! Plus the movies from 358/2 Days from DS remastered? Even cooler! Hope they do this with Kingdom Hearts 2 Final
remix in NA soon! Kinda wish they held this off for PS4 though (or had it for both systems)

+ Bladewielder1 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:00 am said:

Yes i cant wait the first game is the best of them all. but will there be a pre order gift like a a ps3 them or somthing

+ Fusion13 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

I don’t want to step on toes but feedback is feedback whether it’s here or on the games official forums.

I was so utterly disappointed with Dream Drop Distance that I sold my 3DS.

This being said, Birth By Sleep is probably the best game as far as the combat. I know this game is pretty much done and I’ve read of battle system enchantments, but what can we expect? Did they rip out the old ones in replace with the new or did they just tighten them up?

Also we need Vita love. Like for real, make that a real consideration please. If it is as easy as they say it is then make that happen. I’d rather play this on my Vita than on my PS3. I’ve played all these so I don’t need the home console feeling again.

+ jandebaz on February 25th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

:) I see christmas is coming early this year!!!

+ GSG9_Warrior on February 25th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Now all we need is a damn announcement for Kingdom Hearts 3 I don’t know why they haven’t talked about this to the public or at least verify that they are thinking about making a KH3. We have been waiting so long for that game why can’t it just be here already they are killing us fans. KH3 should be a PS4 launch title or come out a few months after.

+ Fusion13 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

I guess I didn’t get a home console experience for the handheld titles…. but still >_>.

JUST DO IT.. RRRAAAWWRRRR

lol jk…. but for real though… grrrr.

+ Ryumoau on February 25th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

@86 god, what is with you annoying weeaboos and your pettiness with languages? Importing the game just because it doesn’t offer japanese language is not only stupid but a major slap in the face to the amazing localization efforts Square put into the first two KH games.
They even got some of the original voice casts from the Disney films to return. Not too mention Hopefully they are keeping Billy Zane’s amazing voice acting for Ansem in KH1.

+ JONGREY on February 25th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

What no kindom hea…. O wait… There it is! I can’t wait. Thank you!!!!!!!

+ Erza_Scarlet on February 25th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Great news! I loved this games on PS2 (Still have it!)! Please make a collector Edition, I will buy it when it’s released!

One question about the trophy support… It will have two trophy lists? (One for KH1 and one for KH Re:COM?) or they will share only one trophy list? HD Collections these days had multiple trophy lists, one for each game (Hitman, PoP, GoW, Sly, Ratchet, TR…), just sayin ;)

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7