PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Coming to PS3 This Fall

Robert Peeler's Avatar + Posted by Robert Peeler on Feb 25, 2013 // Community Manager, Square Enix

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

“Although my heart may be weak, it’s not alone. It’s grown with each new experience. And it’s found a home with all the friends I’ve made. I’ve become a part of their heart, just as they’ve become a part of mine… I don’t need a weapon. My friends are my power!”

Since this memorable speech, Sora’s dedication to his friends has shown across the series, and the magic of KINGDOM HEARTS continues to unite fans throughout the world. Ten years later and seven entries in, we have a new opportunity to replay the adventure that started it all in beautiful HD.

We’re proud to announce the upcoming release of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX for North America! The young Sora wields the magical keyblade in search of his lost friends, making new ones with Disney’s Goofy and Donald along the way. The story continues through classic Disney stories like Aladdin, Hercules, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Utilizing RPG mechanics and gaining new exploratory powers throughout his adventure, Sora solidified himself as a starry-eyed hero that bridged Disney classics with a unique overarching story of friendship and courage. This classic hit comes in breathtaking HD with various gameplay enhancements, and is exclusively available for the first time on PlayStation 3 this fall.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIXKingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

Sora’s adventures took a dramatic turn with his journey into the mysterious Castle Oblivion in KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories. These events revealed some of the hidden intentions behind the shadowy Organization XIII. Their movements and the training of one notable character in the series, Roxas, are detailed even further in stunning HD visuals through the cinematic scenes of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days.

All of this is included with full Trophy support in one spectacular release. Plus, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX includes the once-exclusive KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX content, like new enemies, weapons, abilities, cutscenes, missions and more!

We can’t thank the fans enough (many of whom have asked us many times for this very game!) for all their support throughout the years, and we urge all of you to continue to follow news surrounding KINGDOM HEARTS on our official Twitter and Facebook. Relish this opportunity to replay the original and know again why without a doubt, the light, is KINGDOM HEARTS!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

+ disneyboi81 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Kingdom Hearts was the reason I purchased a PS2 as being a huge Disney fan. I have not regretted it!!! I only hope KH fans in the US will finally get some of the cool exclusive items that Square offers in Japan when pre-ordering or an exclusive collectors edition will be nice!!! Even better would be a custom KH PS4 with the game on the HD!!! One can dream! =) Again, THANK YOU!!!! Just in time for my birthday!!!!

+ Erza_Scarlet on February 25th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Great news! I loved this games on PS2 (Still have it!)! Please make a collector Edition, I will buy it when it’s released!

One question about the trophy support… It will have two trophy lists? (One for KH1 and one for KH Re:COM?) or they will share only one trophy list? HD Collections these days had multiple trophy lists, one for each game (Hitman, PoP, GoW, Sly, Ratchet, TR…), just sayin ;)

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

The trophy sets are different for each game. There is also a set of trophies for KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days when watching the cinematics.

+ RidleysBox on February 25th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

@98

In turn you are giving a major slap in the face to the original studio and original voice actors and all their efforts in making the game to begin with.

+ Inuboykendo1000 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

PLEASE have a PSN release. Pretty please. :) I’ll buy it on PSN if you release it on PSN. Also how about some FFXIII, I played XIII-2′s demo and it’s beautiful but also pretty fun. P.S. I refuse to buy retail.

+ SolidSnakeFan25 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Rob, you are an ANGEL!! :DD Thank you so much! Me and my best friend are DEFINITELY buying this!

I have one question though.

If you guys at square decide to make the 2.5 HD Remix, you’re going to be competing with the release of the PS4 by the time you release it in Japan. So do you think that this will eventually make it’s way to being downloaded digitally for the PS4, when the time comes? Just a small concern, since the PS4 won’t be backwards compatible with the PS3 games.

Also, I’ve been hearing these rumors that in RE: CHAIN OF MEMORIES, There’s going to be an extra floor for “The Jungle Book”. I don’t really want to cause major spoilers, but could ya maybe hint whether it’s true or not?

Thanks, Dom.

+ Berdisthewerd on February 25th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

OMFG!!! I cant wait.

+ gokugt25 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

FINNALY , YESSSSS KH ON THE PS333333!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Arkayde on February 25th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Awsomeness!!!! Definately buying this as soon as it hits stores!

+ PrimeroIncognito on February 25th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

@ Ryumoau

Since when did you call the shots and set the price for anything? You don’t get to tell a company, any company, at what price they should sell their products. You’ve got a lot of nerve acting so deserving all the time. Get over yourself.

+ Nithorias on February 25th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

+ dragon_night on February 24th, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

WHAT? NO KINGDOM HEARTS? I was pretty sure this would be the week!! I even told my MOM about it.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-
are you happy now dragon_night ? maybe you and your mom can talk about the HD version of kingdom hearts now and be happy about it, good for you xD

*anyways glad that’s over with and I’m also looking forward for this collection :D

+ iheartyourmom83 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Srsly, this is some GREAT news! I can’t wait to get my hands on Final Mix. I hope this is a trend going forward, because NA would love to get some of the final mix love over here.

+ redknight355 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

well, i was into the series until the company jumped from system to sytem. if i knew there was a new adventure to follow behind this game coming for ps3 or ps4, this would bring me back. but not a remix.

+ Sneurfje on February 25th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

The site KH13 already gave me enough information to be fairly certain of an Englsish version of the game, still it’s a very pleasant thought that I can relive my favourite childhood game on the PS3 now I know it’s going to be released in Europe as well :)

+ Icestar10 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

I have been waiting for this! I can’t wait. Thank you, Square-Enix! :D

+ D-Squad3 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Well this is a start, now we need…

Kingdom Hearts II HD
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy X HD

After that troll stunt you guys pulled at Sony’s PS4 conference I’ve lost almost all of my respect for you guys.

Why can’t we get Sora for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale?

And just release Versus XIII already, millions of us have been waiting for 7 years now!

+ MushThePainter on February 25th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

I’ve never played a Kingdom Hearts game before, I’ve always thought it was for little kids with the whole Disney thing. I love RPGs, currently playing ni no kuni any loving it. Also I am a big Final Fantasy fan up until FF9, can this be recommended to a 26 year old who loves a good story and depth?

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

I’m a 31 year old, and its one of my favorite series’. Give it a go, and enjoy the magic!

+ iheartyourmom83 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Uhm, yes. Don’t think, just buy.

+ Mikel93 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Will Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories include Japanese and English voice acting? I would love to see that feature in a Kingdom Hearts game for a long time.

+ anime_freak12 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

+ Ncfootball on February 25th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

I really want to buy this Day 1, but I think I will have to wait to see how it’ll work with PS4. If the digital download works on PS4 or if I can stream it through Gaikai, I’ll do that instead. If not, I will absolutely buy the PS3 version.

+ Icestar10 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

I am really excited about this but I just wish I can play this on my PS4.

+ khknight on February 25th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

PUT SORA IN PLAYSTATION PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU. JUST LET SONY SANTA MONICA HAVE HIM. SO MANY FANS WANT HIM IN THE GAME. PLEASE LET HIM IN.

*warps rope around neck*

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

+ PainOfSarrow on February 25th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

Does this Mean we WONTTT hear that one guy thats on here every week ask for KingDom Hearts anymore ? i wonderrr….

+ AlbinoShade on February 25th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

This is great news. Finally, I’ll be able to play fuller versions of one of my favorite games.
…maybe we can get Shin Megami Tense 3: Nocturne next? :D

+ PainOfSarrow on February 25th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

dragon_knight sure did make a name for himself.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on February 25th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

@MushThePainter: While it looks or holds a childish design to it.

-The gameplay overall is fun.
-Combat system is much different than FF games.
-You can customize your team.
-You can roam around, travel between worlds, upgrades, etc .

As far as story goes. I very much enjoyed it, it holds alot of mysteries & other elements. If you’re a fan of Square Enix’s work, i think KH is one of their best projects.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Id care about this if KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days was actually playable.. my ps2 version of KH1 and RE:COM work just fine.. Im not gonna rebuy a game just for trophies… oh well

+ Icestar10 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

@60 (FearMonkey)

I feel the same way! I want to be able to play this on the PS4. I would not mind a little extra for backwards compatibility.

I look forward to playing this in HD!

+ xenosaga200 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

hey square please make this game for ps vita too

+ DuoMaxwell007 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

And no theres nothing childish about KH.. sure its not M rated but its story has much more of a teen vibe.. which is one of the things I liked about it.. which is the fact that its pretty “grown up” for a game that has the likes of mickey, donald and goofy in it.. Id love to see DIsney make an actual KH movie

+ DonnyC-Bone on February 25th, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

Here’s hoping KH2 HD comes with birth by sleep. Pipe dream I know, but if there’s hope for Versus there’s hope for this.

+ iheartyourmom83 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

+ DuoMaxwell007 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

Disney actual owns the rights to about 8 of Studio Ghibli’s films. Only a matter of time before a full buy out.. lol

+ iheartyourmom83 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

Err… Wrong quote lol

+ DuoMaxwell007 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

lol @Mushthepainter… He mentioned KH sounds like its for little kids because of the disney thing.. yet hes playing ni no kuni which is animated by Studio Ghibli which is pretty much Japan’s version of Disney lol***

+ Juurrgg on February 25th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

man i can’t for Fall now,

+ ps_n_blog_ac on February 25th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Man i can’t wait for this game i played the game on my friend’s PS2 like 2 years ago (first time) and never got to finish it . i’ve always knew about the game but it never caught my attention UNTIL I SAW THE OPENING “Simple and clean” i don’t know some how it hooked me into the series (this was like about 4-3 years earlier from the first time i’ve played it)

Anyways i can’t wait to pick this up. hopefully you guys will release more Kingdom hearts games on the PS3, 4, and Vita.

+ Icestar10 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Oops, my last comment (128) was supposed to be for CAMA1992 (68) lol my mistake!

+ kanoki4 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

I find it funny that the two main posts are “yeah it’s coming over to North America” and “finally dragon_night can shut up now”. Although if he persists after this with similar posts then I say we should push to have him banned from posts.

Now regarding the actual post, I am über excited cause I haven’t played the main games but I have enjoyed the side games. It will be nice to get to play the beginning now.

+ AmaterasuOkami1 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

I can’t hold all this hype in my brain. Can’t wait! :D

+ RockSauron on February 25th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Can you possibly release it today?

That’d be super.

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

OMG Lets!? Wait no… ;) sorry

+ Icestar10 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

I am glad we can finally play the Final Mix versions of Kingdom Hearts.

+ clupula668 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

Thank you for bringing this over and, more importantly, thank you for keeping this PS3. Not everyone is going to buy a PS4 first day. I don’t see myself getting one for at least a year or two after launch. I fully hope that whenever 2.5 comes out, hopefully, with 2, Birth by Sleep, and 3D on it, that it will also be PS3.

Speaking of which…Versus XIII please also keep it as a PS3 game. We’ve waited so many years for it on here. It’d be a huge disappointment if it switched systems.

+ hyper-shadow-0 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

I have the ps2 version of KH1 Final Mix. 9 months(which is the fall season estimate by then) is a long stretch…oh well…I already preordered the Japanese version coming out in March. Might as well have the JP and the US version. I’m just that impatient for my favorite game series.

+ Kasaix on February 25th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

Yes! It’s about time! Final Mix!!!

+ Dravize on February 25th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Awesome news! I read that Jesse McCartney was in the studio doing more voice-over work. I am assuming for this collection. Can you confirm if their are more voice-overs in the Chain of Memories version? I know in the PS2 version, that voice-acted scenes only occurred in Castle Oblivion, as well as the Destiny Islands and Twilight Town simulations. Is this the same? or has this been expanded?

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

We’ll have more details on additional content at a later time…for now, bask in the happiness that its coming :) that’s what I’ve been doing anyway, joy!

+ TwinDad on February 25th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Dragon Quest 7 remake?

Or PS1 DQ digital releases?

Thank you for releasing the KH HD.

+ Beastking24 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

It;s about time FINALLY the King has come back to North america!!!!!!!

+ StevenBezarius on February 25th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

I can’t even say how happy I’m feeling right now… Thanks Sony, Thanks Square-Enix you both made not just my day but my whole year!!!!

:D

+ xDRAKEx777 on February 25th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

It would help the vita a lot if this was on it. Kind of how zelda on the 3ds helped a lot. Maybe they are just waiting to announce something totally new for the vita at e3. Vita needs some love Square! please.

+ huxxcb on February 25th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Will there be a European release of this too?

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Uh huh.

+ PandaPudding on February 25th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

YES! I’m so happy to hear that it’s officially announced. I can’t wait to get it.

Also, the Japanese version of this game is bundled with the Kingdom Hearts X MMO and there was no information about it being included in the NA version in the article. Will it be localized or remain a Japanese exclusive?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7