PS4-The Order

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Coming to PS3 This Fall

Robert Peeler's Avatar + Posted by Robert Peeler on Feb 25, 2013 // Community Manager, Square Enix

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

“Although my heart may be weak, it’s not alone. It’s grown with each new experience. And it’s found a home with all the friends I’ve made. I’ve become a part of their heart, just as they’ve become a part of mine… I don’t need a weapon. My friends are my power!”

Since this memorable speech, Sora’s dedication to his friends has shown across the series, and the magic of KINGDOM HEARTS continues to unite fans throughout the world. Ten years later and seven entries in, we have a new opportunity to replay the adventure that started it all in beautiful HD.

We’re proud to announce the upcoming release of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX for North America! The young Sora wields the magical keyblade in search of his lost friends, making new ones with Disney’s Goofy and Donald along the way. The story continues through classic Disney stories like Aladdin, Hercules, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Utilizing RPG mechanics and gaining new exploratory powers throughout his adventure, Sora solidified himself as a starry-eyed hero that bridged Disney classics with a unique overarching story of friendship and courage. This classic hit comes in breathtaking HD with various gameplay enhancements, and is exclusively available for the first time on PlayStation 3 this fall.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIXKingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

Sora’s adventures took a dramatic turn with his journey into the mysterious Castle Oblivion in KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories. These events revealed some of the hidden intentions behind the shadowy Organization XIII. Their movements and the training of one notable character in the series, Roxas, are detailed even further in stunning HD visuals through the cinematic scenes of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days.

All of this is included with full Trophy support in one spectacular release. Plus, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX includes the once-exclusive KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX content, like new enemies, weapons, abilities, cutscenes, missions and more!

We can’t thank the fans enough (many of whom have asked us many times for this very game!) for all their support throughout the years, and we urge all of you to continue to follow news surrounding KINGDOM HEARTS on our official Twitter and Facebook. Relish this opportunity to replay the original and know again why without a doubt, the light, is KINGDOM HEARTS!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

+ huxxcb on February 25th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I hope that means yes! ^^

+ jose213jose on February 25th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Finally the HD comes i been waiting for HD remaster for long time now, I own all the old games on PS1, PS2, and PSP. Will their be Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX or something with Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ as well as Kingdom Hearts: Re: Coded, Birth by Sleep, and maybe Dream Drop Distance all together?

If their is i would 100% buy the 2rd i saw it. I do hope you guys at Square Enix get started on making Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS4 then PS3. If you release HD 1.5 and HD 2.5 for PS3 then it would set the main stage for KH3 to be on PS4 and be alot easier to make for you guys. :)

Hope that Final Fantasy Versus 13 will be out for PS3 soon, if not then put it on the PS4 then. Or release two version of the game on both PS3 and PS4 would be cooler.

+ Icestar10 on February 25th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Hey, Square. Maybe you could convince Sony to release a backwards compatible PS4 SKU? lol you can’t blame me for trying. :P

Any idea on what would the next Kingdom Hearts collection would include? Also, I would love to see Birth by Sleep on the PSN store!

+ Bicgoozgetten-69 on February 25th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

I like SquareEnix but I dont like Disney cartoons. If they would take out the cartoons I would play kingdom hearts. ” Mikey Mouse” I would be ashame to play it.

+ diablo103 on February 25th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Finally!!! Now all we need is KH3 for PS4. BTW it would be nice to get KH:BBS on PS Vita! ;)

+ DarkLordVenom11 on February 25th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

finally kingdom hearts hits the ps3 in the fall i still got the am for the ps2 can’t wait

+ XtemmA2 on February 25th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

I’ve scrolled 4 pages and failed to find Dragon_night…. anyone seen him/her/it ?

+ S-moneytheKING on February 25th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

finally i can play this on my ps3 i just hope i can also play this on the ps4 and when the games comes out i plan on doing game play videos on my all time favorite game hands down. and just so you know it Kingdom Hearts ;)

+ GOJCcc on February 25th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

Hey Robert !

This is slightly off-topic but:

Is Tomb Raider also getting digital release on PSN Store next week ?

Thanks

+ JackLancaster9 on February 25th, 2013 at 11:03 am said:

oh my gosh… I… I…. I think I’m going to cry… this is so beautiful… GOSH I WANT TO PRE-ORDER!!!!!!

+ TJF588 on February 25th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Ah, been waiting! Haven’t kept up on details, but I’m excited for…

- FINAL MIX content! Hope to see KHII’s in time (those Org. XIII battles!)

- Re:Chain’s cutscenes rendered in real-time instead of some DivX-rip quality. Seriously, that and Sora’s grown voice are what held it down for me.

- Witnessing Days in stunning detail! Played through that game twice, and have a save set at Roxas’s defection. Love all the events that happen from there (especially that proper final boss and its music!). Also liked Roxas’s level modification late-game. Hope these events are done justice without playability. (Srsly, the first multiplayer in Kingdom Hearts, as the elementally-ranging Organization, and it’s cut?!)

But, to chirp in with others, where’s Birth by Sleep and where’s Crisis Core on the PlayStation Store?
(If they get pipelined, may I suggest Final Mix for the former and the updated latter which allows for cutscene playback?)

+ Psicocrusher on February 25th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

I never played Kingdom Hearts before so I think this will be a good time to start!

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 25th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

I was just about to tell YOU that!

+ Mokoho on February 25th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

can we get some news about KH3? I’m not trying to complain but i’ve heard more news about PS4 than i have for KH3.. can we assume KH3 is not coming out this generation but the next? but nonetheless awesome news about KH1.5

+ TJF588 on February 25th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

@154 Bicgoozgetten-69 – You should fear the shame of the overcomplicated convolutions brought into the series, particularly the muckery of the Organization. The Disney characters’ worst flaw is hearing Donald and Goofy spouting off all the time (“Ih gohd iht! Ih gohd iht!” from Donald’s say-&-spraw mouth). The worlds actually serve as a reflection on the main quest (most intriguingly for me so far’s been Halloween Town in Chain of Memories).

If it truly concerns you, Terra’s story in Birth by Sleep doesn’t mesh with the cutesy/funny characters much (unless you really wanna count Dr. Jumba or Experiment 626, who quite belie their bulgy appearances, despite not being too sinister). Aqua’s story’s not too bad about it, either. And Reverse/Rebirth in Re:Chain of Memories is almost exclusively villains.

+ RE4LNOiZE_42 on February 25th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

I understand the fact that porting that PS2 game over to the PS3 in an all new coating is great and will bring in lots more profits (because of large userbase) than putting that out on the Vita.

I also understand that the Vita is a completely different system than the PS3, and it’s not like only flipping a switch to have a Vita version. It would probably take as much work to do for a way smaller market. I get that.

But the Vita, to me, seems like the PERFECT vehicle for these sort of ports or remakes. There’s so many classics out there I haven’t played, or finished, that these, priced right, would be an insta-buy for me. The Metal Gear Solid HD collection was the first game I bought for my Vita, even if I already played (to completion) MGS2 and 3.

The Vita gives me something my PS3 can’t, which is, the ability to play my games everywhere. To the point that I game more on my Vita now than on all my consoles and PC combined.

+ IzzyxGore on February 25th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

A hd collection on ps3 … Does that mean kh3 will be on ps4, cause thats be a bother. And I bought a ps3 years ago hoping for kh3

+ Lewak13 on February 25th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

One of the coolest parts of the PSP Final Fantasy re-releases was the ability to swap the Western X-as-Accept for the Eastern O-as-Accept in the options menu, and after having the chance to play an import copy of Re:CoM, the Western controls feel more awkward to control and tend to induce, uh, some raging on my part. xD;

It’s awesome to see KH HD make it stateside, and I realize there’s only so much you can do/add/you know when doing a translation so I wanted to ask– will swapping the X and O buttons be included as an option? It’d be really awesome if it could!

Hugs? :3

+ Kchow23 on February 25th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Could Birth by Sleep finally come to PSN, so we could play it on the PS Vita? New games for the PS Vita would be great also!

+ Hayterfan on February 25th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Wheres the guy that says “What no Kingdom Hearts” He does that in every post.
Anyway this is great to hear, now I can use the cash I was planning on using to import this for something else.

To the SE employee, why wasn’t Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep ever released on the PS store, Ive always assumed it had to do with getting some kind of approval from Disney to do a digital version or something like that

+ BlindMango on February 25th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

PLEASE make it to where the trophy lists are SEPARATE! Meaning that the trophy list only loads for each game when you LAUNCH that specific title, please don’t make it the where when you load up the disc, all three trophy lists show up for me at 0%, I hate when trophy lists show up for titles I may not get around to or don’t intend to play. For example, I will launch and play and probably platinum Kingdom Hearts 1 but may not even touch Chain of Memories, I don’t want a 0% trophy list sitting there for a title I never launched.

Jack and Daxter HD remake does a good job at only opening the trophy lists when you launch the specific title.

PS – I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS!!

+ Osirus777 on February 25th, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

I have a quick question Robert; Will there be any collector editions? If so, I will be getting it. Either way I am so happy this is getting released for NA! :)

+ BkzUzi on February 25th, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

Was hoping we’d get in the Summer but meh atleast we get it here in NA.

+ Aero_X_999 on February 25th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

ALL OF MY YESES! Just shut up and take my money! :D

+ VVaspInatoR on February 25th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

Smart on $enix is part as the eventuality of something original being produced this gen or even next with regards to an RPG is like hitting a space ship with a sling shot so please guys invest in RE making popular games such as FF6, Xenogears for example not the power puff, girl power, cuddly hugs kisses cookies and moogles we have been getting THX laddies.

+ Marzooq94 on February 25th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

FINALLY KINGDOM HEARTS HAS COME TO THE PS3!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

+ Destiny89 on February 25th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Thank you for bringing this over.. cannot wait to play it but the most important question is.. will Square Enix ever bring Final Fantasy type-0 outside of Japan??
come on guys please bring it over

+ Gemmie12 on February 25th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

Big time KH fan here!!! I’m thinking in a week or two, I’m planning on preordering this game at EB Games where I am. XDXDXD I have all the games except BBS In my collection and three of them I have for my PS2 which includes Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2, along with Re: Chain of Memories, plus my DS ones (358/2 Days and ReCoded) and DDD for my 3DS. I’m SOOOO Stoked for this

+ FredWINS on February 25th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

Finally. My wish for an HD collection has been granted :’)

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on February 25th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

Assassin’s Creed 3 still has a bug plz fix it. with the DLC it keep saying you unlock befor i start the game pushing the X like 10 time befor the game start :( you unlock you unlock you unlock you unlock you unlock you unlock

+ mhn5 on February 25th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

I am glad their finally making the HD version’s of this game. I’ll probably buy this for the Vita, but if they manage to get Kingdom Hearts 2 on the Vita, I’ll buy it in a heartbeat.

+ bradlie1 on February 25th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

Dreams….Do come true! (Ignore the tears)

+ FearMonkey on February 25th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

You said earlier that each game has separate trophy lists. Does that mean each game has it’s own platinum as well? Inquiring minds want to know! ^_^

+ leMark777 on February 25th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Well, when this game is ready I buy that moment, I wanna play this game for sure

+ sonictails1189 on February 25th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

Since we’re finally getting a Kingdom Hearts game on the PS3, can we expect to finally see some Kingdom Hearts avatars on the PS Store as well? I’m sure I can’t be the only person who’d love to have some.

+ DarkAngelofFire on February 25th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

All I can say is…. I’ve been waiting for years and I’ve been made a happy person

+ Andrefpvs on February 25th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Rob, can we expect you to return to the Blog to tell us more about the new features? Thanks

+ waverlock on February 25th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

Awesome, awesome! I asked so many time for this! Im glad someone heard us.

It will be amazing! What exciting news!

+ thatguyjakey on February 25th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

So wait, is this KH 1 and 2? or just 1.5?

Either way HOLY HELL FINALLY!!!!!!!!

+ iraqi_kingdom on February 25th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

Does this include all the KH games even the one’s that were released on the Nintendo platforms or is it just KH1 and Re: CoM and 358/2 Days?

+ xKrAzY_8sx on February 25th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

Super excited. Now will they maybe do a Kingdom Hearts 2.5 culminating in the announcement of Kingdom Hearts III? That would be fantastic

+ Earthling_8 on February 25th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

This is incredible!

+ Manson1112 on February 25th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

Trop trop trop trop bien bordel depuis le temps que j’attends ça, sans parler du III !!!!

+ GenesisTony on February 25th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

SWEET!

+ ShadowCoon on February 25th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

This gives me hope that KH2 Final Mix will one day come state-side. I’ve been wanting that content since it was first announced in Japan. XD

+ AReasonToHate on February 25th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Forget the HD thats just a way to take our money… WE WANT KINGDOM HEARTS 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Lemony_Crayon on February 25th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

I am happy to see a HD remake of KH, but will it be available on the PS4? The game is releasing right before the PS4 launch and as far as I’m aware, the PS4 isn’t backwords compatible with the PS3.

+ XCMXPunkXGirl on February 25th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Yes!!! Yes!!! I’m Happy I Can’t Wait Coming on PS3 I’m Fan Kingdom Heart!!! :D

+ TigerLust on February 25th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

Many of us were concerned it was only releasing in Japan. Thanks for bringing it to us!

+ DIAMOND_EagleZ on February 25th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

This is awesome and can’t wait to get it but why not include Kingdom Hearts 2 remastered in this collection? Or are there plans to release KH2 separately? Are there any plans to work on KH3, like perhaps for the PS4?

+ antimatter98 on February 25th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

I’m pre-ordering this the first day it’s made available. Then once I get it, I’m going to play the crap out of this collection until Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix comes out. Will it get a digital release as well? Will it also be made available for the PlayStation Vita too? I really want a game for it worth playing, and this game will be another reason to keep my Vita.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7