PS4-The Order

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Coming to PS3 This Fall

Robert Peeler's Avatar + Posted by Robert Peeler on Feb 25, 2013 // Community Manager, Square Enix

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

“Although my heart may be weak, it’s not alone. It’s grown with each new experience. And it’s found a home with all the friends I’ve made. I’ve become a part of their heart, just as they’ve become a part of mine… I don’t need a weapon. My friends are my power!”

Since this memorable speech, Sora’s dedication to his friends has shown across the series, and the magic of KINGDOM HEARTS continues to unite fans throughout the world. Ten years later and seven entries in, we have a new opportunity to replay the adventure that started it all in beautiful HD.

We’re proud to announce the upcoming release of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX for North America! The young Sora wields the magical keyblade in search of his lost friends, making new ones with Disney’s Goofy and Donald along the way. The story continues through classic Disney stories like Aladdin, Hercules, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Utilizing RPG mechanics and gaining new exploratory powers throughout his adventure, Sora solidified himself as a starry-eyed hero that bridged Disney classics with a unique overarching story of friendship and courage. This classic hit comes in breathtaking HD with various gameplay enhancements, and is exclusively available for the first time on PlayStation 3 this fall.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIXKingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX

Sora’s adventures took a dramatic turn with his journey into the mysterious Castle Oblivion in KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories. These events revealed some of the hidden intentions behind the shadowy Organization XIII. Their movements and the training of one notable character in the series, Roxas, are detailed even further in stunning HD visuals through the cinematic scenes of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days.

All of this is included with full Trophy support in one spectacular release. Plus, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX includes the once-exclusive KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX content, like new enemies, weapons, abilities, cutscenes, missions and more!

We can’t thank the fans enough (many of whom have asked us many times for this very game!) for all their support throughout the years, and we urge all of you to continue to follow news surrounding KINGDOM HEARTS on our official Twitter and Facebook. Relish this opportunity to replay the original and know again why without a doubt, the light, is KINGDOM HEARTS!

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7

+ RyRincon17 on February 25th, 2013 at 8:30 pm said:

Awesome news, thanks so much for doing this! I’ve been struggling to put off replaying these because I was hoping to be able to play an HD and finally Final Mix version, and earn some trophies to boot. Undoubtedly plenty of great new, and some even PS4 games this fall, but this collection is definitely going to be on my must-buy and must-play list.

+ NocturnalVisitor on February 25th, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:

I read on the SE EU blog that the collection was getting brand new audio? Does this mean that the OST for the games are being replaced? This can’t be true! The OSTs for all KH games have been brilliantly realized by Yoko Shimomura. They have made the games what they are to me. What does this mean?

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 27th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

We’re not replacing the tracks, the audio is being improved for better sound quality.

+ Elvick_ on February 25th, 2013 at 9:46 pm said:

Glad we didn’t have to wait long for an official confirmation, I knew we would get it but it’s nice to know it’s coming along quickly.

Still hoping we get it on Vita, because I want to play KH1 and KH2 on a portable device. You have no friggin’ idea.

+ Roxasmoore123 on February 25th, 2013 at 10:16 pm said:

i got the ps3 at the right time!

+ ian1281 on February 25th, 2013 at 10:35 pm said:

So, what games are they remaking here? Just the first and second one..? Im confused XD Answer back pls

+ Platano_696 on February 25th, 2013 at 10:43 pm said:

soooo can’t wait.

If they decide to make KH3 for the PS4, with it’s System Specs, IT BETTER BE EPIC,

+ Remmy8199 on February 25th, 2013 at 10:44 pm said:

I swear they can put anything out there and people will blindly throw money at it. Where’s KH3 after all these years?

+ ToFeY on February 25th, 2013 at 11:03 pm said:

YES FINALLY :’)
i’ve always wanted to play KH on my PS3

+ Kanine_X on February 25th, 2013 at 11:27 pm said:

Well, it would be more exciting if this came out to the rest of the world. Still pretty cool that this game came out but now I have to wait till it becomes available in my country

+ Asif_wani96 on February 26th, 2013 at 12:16 am said:

its not fair robert……… Kindgom hearts HD was planned for VITA
but its being released for ps3 earlier than vita
please say u have something planned for vita too… :\

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on February 27th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

I think you’re mistaken, we haven’t been planning this game for the Vita.

+ deathul on February 26th, 2013 at 1:13 am said:

yea take that microsoft cant steal this game and try to make it your own for crapbox

+ Elvick_ on February 26th, 2013 at 1:15 am said:

@255: Kingdom Hearts (the original), Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (remake of a game that takes place between 1 & 2, originally was a GBA game) and they’re doing cutscenes for Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS game that takes place near the end of KH1 and during CoM, and before KH2).

@260: Not it wasn’t. Final Fantasy X HD is planned for Vita. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix has never had anything to do with PS Vita.

@267: Where Nomura says it is? Not in development until VS XIII is done? If you cared about Kingdom Hearts, you’d know that. He said it many *YEARS AGO*. Shoo.

+ AizawaYuuichi on February 26th, 2013 at 1:25 am said:

This is going to be great, finally getting to play Kingdom Hearts on the PS3. It may not be the entry I was expecting, but hopefully this, and maybe a 2.5 ReMIX, will lead to an eventual KH3 release. I plan to get a PS4 at launch, so I don’t care where KH3 releases, I’ll get it for whatever. It’s been far too long since I got to play Kingdom Hearts on the big-screen, and I’m looking forward to finally being able to do so again.

+ Icaruswinged on February 26th, 2013 at 3:14 am said:

Is this game gonna be an american release only? As im from the UK and I really want to play/experience the Final Mix’s and want to be able to play KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days in full HD ps3 graphics! I really don’t want to end up having to watch OTHER people play it on youtube or something as I truly want to enjoy playing this so bad!

KINGDOM HEARTS: RE-COM is also on my most want to play list :c

+ Elvick_ on February 26th, 2013 at 5:13 am said:

@264: Why do people like yourself come to the blog for the “US”?

+ GELder1266 on February 26th, 2013 at 5:19 am said:

@Icaruwinged it will be also in Europe :D so don’t worry about it and I’m probably thinking KH 1.5, KH 2.5 remix or KH3 will be for PS4

+ Senjutsu_Dav on February 26th, 2013 at 5:20 am said:

Does that mean we’ll see an announcement of FFvs13 or of another Kingdom Hearts around the E3 this yeah??? Would e REALLY NICE!! ^_^

+ DarkEagle612 on February 26th, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

I have been waiting years upon years for this announcement, I cannot express how excited I am, I will be pre ordering this the second it’s available. thank you Square Enix, now I can finally get the 3d version of CoM and Final Mix! :D

+ whalewhisker on February 26th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

YESSS!! Now bring over Final Fantasy XII and Dragon Quest VIII pls

+ wilhawk on February 26th, 2013 at 3:41 pm said:

Are the voice-overs going to be in english and japanese? Japanese only? I’ve heard that they’re just leaving the japanese voices for the HD release. So, what’s the skinny?

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on March 1st, 2013 at 5:25 pm said:

It will have the English voices for the NA release.

+ sumix5 on February 26th, 2013 at 7:33 pm said:

Just bizarre….

Why is this coming out for PS3? And as a “much-touted” PS3-exclusive no less.

(o_O) Of the 2 platforms they would want to be supporting this Christmas (Vita/PS4)…I can’t understand the logic behind this at all.

Sony has just made every bad decision possible to kill the Vita as soon as they can. I don’t get it

+ Syaora on February 27th, 2013 at 12:47 am said:

YES!!! Can’t wait! ^.^

+ pkorove99 on February 27th, 2013 at 4:04 am said:

YES I WANTED SO MUCH THIS I WILL BUY FOR SURE

+ theimpossibletwo on February 27th, 2013 at 5:12 am said:

Is t coming to Australia at all?

+ xj0k3z6 on February 27th, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

wow haven’t play this game in 9 years cant wait till itcome out this Fall because iI want to relive the experience in HD form to feel like a kid again i bet allot of people expeacially ga,er like my self cant wait till these game come out Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX is going to be good better believe that. XD

+ Mobious50cent on February 27th, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:

About TIME!!!!!! Been waiting for this for what seems like forever

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on March 1st, 2013 at 5:24 pm said:

Sep 30, 2002
    Mobious50cent: “Wow that was an amazing game…I can’t wait to play it on some future device with better graphics!”
    ::setstimer::

+ KillinAvenger on February 27th, 2013 at 7:59 pm said:

Will there be a collector’s edition for it?

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on March 1st, 2013 at 5:22 pm said:

I’m gonna have to ask you to take a wait and see approach on that one.

+ PrinceofXIII on February 27th, 2013 at 9:12 pm said:

Dual Audio please!!

japanese version has it. NO freaking reason not to have this overseas!!

+ sebi1920 on February 27th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

vamoooosss al fin estaba esperando esto hace muuuucho tiempooo *-*

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on March 1st, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:

Y ahora está caaaaaaaaaaaasi aquiiiiiiiií!

+ odebs2797 on February 28th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Robert,

I have not played Chain of Memories, but I know about the “card” battle system it used. Will the PS3 release use the old battle system from KH 1 and 2, or will it use the COM battle system?

Thanks!

Robert Peeler's Avatar

+ Robert Peeler on March 1st, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

The PS2 release used the card battle system as well, but within the familiar 3D interface you’re used to from KINGDOM HEARTS. This will use that version as well. It’s addicting fun, I hope you enjoy getting into it.

+ treyman7 on February 28th, 2013 at 4:48 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this. Finally. But I was hoping for the summer release. It makes no sense if you’re just going to redo the voices and localize it right? I really hope more is added. On top of that will we get more collections?

+ ECHOundefined on March 1st, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

This is cool and everything, but stop making remakes and just make KH3

+ donalda756 on March 1st, 2013 at 5:01 pm said:

Know well enough that an HD version would come and that Final Mix would more then likely be on it is the very reason I didn’t buy Final Mix, thank you god for giving me these good instincts. I wonder if there will be an earned secret ending where we get told about a 2.5 HD remix? ^_^

+ KaiKyori on March 2nd, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

Robert Peeler hello, I wonder if Kingdom Hearts Remix HD 1.5 also’ll be selling in Brazil at the time of north america

+ TigerSolace on March 2nd, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

You guys didn’t replace Wayne Allwine, right? He was the previous voice actor of Mickey Mouse before Mr. Iwan. He passed away a few years ago. It would be a shame to remove his voice from the HD remake. Its kind of a nice way to remember him by. His voice was in all of these titles, the last work being in 358/2 Days.

+ BitTripNano on March 2nd, 2013 at 11:02 pm said:

YESH!
now if only kh3 would be announced

+ BitTripNano on March 2nd, 2013 at 11:05 pm said:

wait, will sora be re dubbed (i hope to god not) i also help they keep ansems original voice actor

+ Elvick_ on March 3rd, 2013 at 1:02 am said:

@271: Square Enix =/= Sony, and SE has shown how little they care for Vita. They’ve done next to nothing on it, and the only things of note are also on PS3 (FFX HD) and PSP and trapped in Japan (Lord of Apocalypse).

Only exclusive they put out on Vita worldwide was Army Corps of Hell.

SE’s support would go a long way in bumping up sales, but they haven’t put in any effort to do anything on Vita. So, people buy the 3DS, where SE has shown from the beginning better support.

+ InnateNobility on March 3rd, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

I didn’t like the original game — which I still own for the PS2. However, that might change. Looks beautiful!

+ BitTripNano on March 3rd, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

i cant stand how so many people are complaining that it wont be on the vita, something weave been wishing for since the announcement of the ps3, complaining about it being on multiple portable consoles, now we finally get the first three games (not counting bbs) in hd and this is your response

+ theresay on March 3rd, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

For people who’s been asking to have Sora in Sony’s All-Star, you’re begging the wrong people. He may be designed by Nomura of Square Enix, but he actually belongs to Disney.

+ marisol5453 on March 3rd, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

omg cant wait!!!! i love kingdom hearts ^_^

+ chewwy20 on March 4th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

So Its finally mix and Chain of memories? AND YESSSS IM SO STOKED!!! Even though its a game thats been out awhile Huge PAYDAY coming in for SONY cause old fans MUST HAVE IT and maybe make new fans!

+ shady965X on March 4th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

OH YEAH ! I’m gonna get nostalgia all while playing this <3

+ Shredder757 on March 4th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

Are we gonna be able to play a remastered version of 358/2 in this game or not? I’m gonna be pissed if we can’t.

+ sora0867 on March 4th, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

Will the cutscenes have much more lip sync (to the audio)?

+ BOSSMAN2306 on March 5th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been waiting for this forever. preordering. in my hearts this is the greatest game off all time. cant wit to play.

+ Elthara on March 5th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

Mr Peeler, You replied to #270 that the NA release would have the English voices…but does that mean it’s confirmed to ONLY the English voices, or that we know it will have the English voices and nothing else is confirmed at this point? If it IS definitely English voices only, any word on an AS release with Japanese voices and English subs, as SE seems to like doing this gen?

This is one of the rare games where I want dual-audio because I REALLY want BOTH awesome, high-quality voice tracks (Except Goofy’s creepy Japanese voice. If there could be an option to just mute HIM I’d be so, so grateful!), so I’ve been hoping for some definite info one way or the other. I’ll definitely still be buying an NA copy in the Fall, but if I know there absolutely will not be Japanese audio on the disk, I could be playing the JP release in a little over a week.

+ drewdonger on March 5th, 2013 at 7:28 pm said:

What so this only comes out in the US and not the UK?

+ smiley512 on March 5th, 2013 at 8:03 pm said: