Overwatch

Feb 26

Feb 26

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker on PS Vita Today

Dalton Link's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, Konami

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Prep your Fulton Recovery Devices and dust off your Love Box! Today we’re confirming that the critically acclaimed PlayStation Portable version of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will be available on PS Vita as a PlayStation Store download later today!

Step into the shoes of the legendary Big Boss and infiltrate the lush forests of Costa Rica, recruit soldiers and construct your own Mother Base as you lay the groundwork for your band of Militaires Sans Frontières (Soldiers Without Borders).

Metal Gear Solid: Peace WalkerMetal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Or work together with other players in special, four-player CO-OPS (Cooperative-OPerationS), and six-player competitive matches using the PS Vita’s Ad Hoc capabilities in this title originally released for the PSP in April 2010. (Note: Transfarring functionality not available in this version of the game.)

Will you be picking up Peace Walker today? Let us know in the comments and share your favorite Peace Walker moments on our official Metal Gear Solid Facebook Page.

Add Your Own

buffpotato said:

February 26th, 3:06 pm

@3, no not even close. Not sure what game you were playing when you thought you were playing AC:III Liberation.

Peacewalker looked bad on the PSP and still looks bad in the HD Collection on PS3.

Why it took Konami a year to allow Vita owners to download this without a PS3 is a bizzare mystery to me. HD collection for Vita really should have included a downloadable copy of this game for Vita. Really wierd moves Konami.

Carl-G said:

February 26th, 3:08 pm

This game is AMAZING(the PS3 HD version) :P

Dr_letzshake said:

February 26th, 3:10 pm

Vita could already play MGS: Peace Walker! why not gives up a combo and release both MGS: Portable Ops and Peace Walker. I have had Peace Walker since i bought my Vita on Launch day give us Portable Ops Sony.

sagohichi said:

February 26th, 3:14 pm

Oh no. This is PSP version…
MGS HD collection for Vita cannot be completed without PW port. It’s the MGS designed to be played on portable device, and PSP wasn’t good enough to realize full potential of the game. We actually didn’t need HD Vita ports of MGS2 and 3.
Why Konami is ignoring potentially the best and easiest Vita port is beyond me.

Kchow23 said:

February 26th, 3:15 pm

Would be awesome if there was the HD version of Peace Walker for Cross Buy or a sequel to Peace Walker on PS Vita.

swisstylez said:

February 26th, 3:15 pm

Nice…

Kchow23 said:

February 26th, 3:16 pm

@52 For the few people that may not have a PS3 and have a PS Vita… this would be the first time that they have been able to play Peace Walker.

Melvins1 said:

February 26th, 3:18 pm

I would grab it if it had trophy support…

mjc0961 said:

February 26th, 3:22 pm

And when do we get Portable Ops?! I paid for that game back on my PSP go (yes, I’m ashamed to say that I actually bought one of those). Would love to play it on Vita but for some stupid reason it’s still not compatible! Not even the download to PS3 and transfer workaround for PS1 games works for it!

I and many others on this comment page paid for the game, let us play it already!

asilentnoise said:

February 26th, 3:23 pm

awesome game already bought and played it on PSP … I would re-purchase in a heartbeat if it had trophy support … no trophies, no purchase …

BlueBl1zzard said:

February 26th, 3:33 pm

Wow this came outta nowhere, patapon last week, peace walker this week. Cool, I have the psp already so i’ll just redownload it on my vita. Would’ve loved to see the HD version though

@asilentnoise It’s the psp version so of course there are no trophies. And if you bought it for psp, you can download it to your vita for free.

BlueBl1zzard said:

February 26th, 3:34 pm

By the way guys, price is $19.99

Sevyne said:

February 26th, 3:46 pm

@61: And even with that $10 price cut it’s overpriced. In the HD collection on PS3 the other two games are $14.99 by themselves. All 3 games together are $39.99, so yeah…The PSP version of the game is more expensive than the HD remake on PS3. Then there’s the fact that you can walk into a shop and get this game for less than $10 easily. Don’t be a bunch of suckers guys, unless you already own the game you are paying more than you should be.

dorkgeniuz21 said:

February 26th, 3:51 pm

Took them long enough….geeez….

dorkgeniuz21 said:

February 26th, 3:51 pm

Now all we need is Kingdom hearts BBS

BlueBl1zzard said:

February 26th, 3:53 pm

@Sevyne for some people (without ps3/psp) this is the only way for them to play the game. And $20 for this game isn’t that bad, it has a lot of content. But I agree that there are way too many overpriced psp games on the store still. Soul calibur broken destiny was still $39.99 up until a few weeks ago : \

@ dorkgeniuz21 and DBZ tenkaichi tag team…

Sevyne said:

February 26th, 4:02 pm

“@Sevyne for some people (without ps3/psp) this is the only way for them to play the game.”

That’s exactly why they continue to charge ridiculous prices for old games. It’s because of lines like that. They’ll drain you dry because your only other choice is not to buy and they know many people will just give in. It’s pretty sad really.

TitleOne said:

February 26th, 4:09 pm

@ Sevyne, I agree its overpriced, but if someone thinks its worth the price to play it, how is that sad? Let people pay for what they want, why the judgment?

akibake said:

February 26th, 4:11 pm

Shoot! I have been waiting for an HD remake on the Vita. Why have I been waiting so long, if all Sony is going to do is make the standard res PSP version official in the store?? Disappoint. I guess I can continue waiting.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

February 26th, 4:21 pm

WHEN ARE WE GETTING PORTABLE OPS ON VITA!? It’s been on Europe’s Vita store for the longest time yet we still don’t get it? Peace Walker was already transferrable and we have an HD version on PS3. Anyone that wanted to play this already has. Come on Konami get your ish togther!

R_a_z_i_e_l said:

February 26th, 4:31 pm

What a joke no touching this, give us the HD version or GTFO.

Asphaltum said:

February 26th, 4:50 pm

I’ve had Peace Walker on my Vita since I’ve had it. I would really like Portable Ops and the Metal Gear Acid games please.

Heartless_Angel7 said:

February 26th, 5:05 pm

When is the HD version, the one that came with the MGS HD collection version, coming?

z___bird said:

February 26th, 5:29 pm

Aaaaand Sony screws up another opportunity for Crossplay/Crossbuy. I would readily pay $30 for Peace Walker IN HD. The Vita has the capabilities, USE THEM. I realize that there would be a lot of effort involved in cramming the HD version onto Vita and it might not seem worth the effort on a system that is perceived as struggling, but the only way to get more customers moving over to the Vita is by forcing them to choose between psp-quality games on the Vita and simply using their ps3.

CuteBrownSocks said:

February 26th, 5:36 pm

As neat as it is that there’s still PSP support being rolled out, this isn’t a new thing. I could transfer a download from my PS3 since the day one of the Vita’s release. If this were a story about Portable Ops compatibility – as it only works on Vita in the EU region – then this would be newsworthy.

JakkuFurosu said:

February 26th, 6:10 pm

would buy hd. Paying the same price as the hd ps3 version is just silly

BLipp17 said:

February 26th, 6:33 pm

Hey, thats great!…too bad i have it on UMD. Thanks!

ilaxed said:

February 26th, 6:35 pm

I already had It on my vita……i was able to put it on my vita months ago!!

Insomniac1337 said:

February 26th, 6:41 pm

I wish it was Peace Walker HD solely for the dual-analog support. I’m sadly passing on this.

marc2henri said:

February 26th, 6:55 pm

meh. played it so many times on psp. i dont see why people are saying awesome. all my games are vita games. no ports or PSP games. not planning on buying PSP games specially when they dont have trophy support. sony really need to get their crap together. VITA NEEDS VITA GAMES sigh. just beat ACL, UC, NFS. needs new sh&t

BansheeWrath said:

February 26th, 7:00 pm

Nice addition to the store for those who don’t have it

I would love to see Portable Ops next. Europe has it

Deekman said:

February 26th, 7:03 pm

Any word on Portable ops Vita compatibility in the US?

Fedast said:

February 26th, 7:26 pm

I though it was a HD version. So disappointing…

Elvick_ said:

February 26th, 7:58 pm

Nice that it’s finally there for those who want it on Vita without the hassle of using a PS3 to do it.

I’m sure many would like an updated Vita native version though. And I’d like to know if ZoE Collection is going to actually happen on Vita, because I want it. Not hearing a word on Vita forever put me off caring about the Collection all together. So I’ve yet to bother on PS3, since I’d rather have it on Vita.

SpooNManX said:

February 26th, 8:29 pm

Cool. Now let’s get Crash Bandicoot 1-3 on the Vita!

ioshi_US said:

February 26th, 9:07 pm

No HD + No trophies = No Buy

capice2003 said:

February 26th, 10:43 pm

I agree (no crossby + no transfarring) do the mathe guys. Use the order of operations to complete this and the previous equation.

MyTrinecK said:

February 26th, 11:09 pm

So I am wondering about the version of the game. Is it the HD edtion for vita or just the regular PSP version? Please tell me, thx.

Elvick_ said:

February 27th, 12:13 am

@88: PSP version.

Fardeenah said:

February 27th, 1:24 am

took way too long to come to US psn store.. would have bought it if it had hd grahics and trophies… not playing it again… wasted enough on the psp version more that 70 hours…. dont wana start again

exel_izzy said:

February 27th, 2:19 am

HD version for Vita, please

vitazeifel said:

February 27th, 2:22 am

Unexpected. Thanks Sony!

TheGTOHurst said:

February 27th, 5:54 am

i wish they would bring Metal Gear Solid Guns of the Patriots to the vita with trophies

afigueroa said:

February 27th, 6:26 am

#17 firebert42
The PS Classic Metal Gear Solid is compatible with the Vita. You need a PS3 to transfer it to your Vita though. You cannot download it straight to the handheld.
I have it and it is still awesome!

Shacojin said:

February 27th, 10:16 am

Please produce 64GB or 128GB vita memory sticks im running out of space!

djspinal said:

February 27th, 10:20 am

I am supremely confused (per the usual). didnt we just have a HUGE press conference where it was explicitly noted how gamers (aka the PAYING CUSTOMER/consumers) required immediate gratification in playing purchased content?! Then why is peace walker now available on vita? didnt portable ops + come out first? It would seem to me if vita can play one psp game it game play them all! if you negotiated rights previously to have a game on the psp platform it should be a given that anything that can play a psp game should play all games on that platform. very frustrating and doesnt make me feel good about ps4 if im going to have to wait Years before I can play God of War 3 or CoD previous titles. STOP PLAYING GAMES WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT AND MY TIME! ALLOW METAL GEAR PORTABLE OPS +, CAPCOM CLASSICS RELOADED AND REMIXED, MIDWAY ARCADE TREASURES, $&@KING GRAN TURISMO ALL TO BE PLAYED ON MY VITA!

diegohp69 said:

February 27th, 12:33 pm

we want the hd version for the vita!!! that make possible to remote play MGS 4.
that would be awesome!

tusunami said:

February 27th, 12:38 pm

Nice liking the PS Vita support of games keep them coming!!!!!!!!

R3co said:

February 27th, 3:39 pm

So you’re telling me that Konami couldn’t get one of their B squad developers to even do a proper port of Peace Walker to be a native HD Vita app? or even patch it so at least transfarring works? This is very disappointing Konami as tons of us would love to buy a Vita version of this game that you pulled from the HD Collection.

fatdog21 said:

February 27th, 3:45 pm

thats fine and all but can we get a new mgs on the vita beside a game that been out for over 3yrs now