PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Feb 26

Feb 26

Star Wars Pinball Releases Today on PSN

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Zen Studios

Star Wars Pinball is releasing today as DLC for Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation Network for PS3 and PS Vita as Cross-Buy entitled content. This first pack of tables will cost $9.99. If you have not yet downloaded Zen Pinball 2, we invite you to do so now – the download is free, and will give you access to the Star Wars tables which you can even demo to make sure you like the game!

The first set of tables includes Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Here is what you can expect from The Clone Wars table, set to release later today on PSN.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars table embraces the striking artistic style and energy of the series and is a perfect fit for a high-energy pinball table. The incredible art, momentous light saber battles, and exhilarating action that makes the series so enjoyable translates naturally into an amazing pinball experience. Check out the trailer above to see the table in action!

Set between the events of the Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars pinball table features Anakin Skywalker and his apprentice, Ahsoka Tano, both represented as 3D characters, as well as Asajj Ventress, Savage Opress and battle Droids. The table would not be complete without a Republic attack gunship, which is especially spectacular when the table is played in 3D.

Star Wars Pinball: The Clone Wars

To start the main table missions, light the lamps on the center of the playfield that spell out “Council” by shooting the left and right ramps on the table. After spelling the words, the ramp’s right front side will lower, providing a path to the hole to activate the main missions.

Star Wars Pinball: The Clone Wars

We look forward to hearing your thoughts once you have been able to play Star Wars Pinball! Please share your experiences right here on the PlayStation Blog or on the Zen Studios Facebook, Twitter or Forums.
May the Force be with you.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

x-Kicks-x said:

February 26th, 7:09 am

I have to hide this from my kids or they’ll be asking me to buy it for them

AizawaYuuichi said:

February 26th, 7:18 am

This will be the first thing I buy after the store update goes live today. Really looking forward to more new tables. These should all be awesome in 3D. :D

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 7:22 am

Thanks! Our team really stepped it up, I think you’ll be very happy with these tables! :)

Soulumasun said:

February 26th, 7:21 am

GF woke me up with, “Know what today is?! Star Wars Pinball!” Can’t wait,

BANDICOOTKING said:

February 26th, 7:27 am

//// Star Wars, the Attack of the Meh.

Shrewder said:

February 26th, 7:30 am

It dawned on me this morning that today is the release day for the first Star Wars pack. I looking forward to purchasing it and playing them in 3-D. Gosh! How I wish the PS Store was updated in the morning. ;-)

UNIT-TRB said:

February 26th, 7:31 am

Keep producing quality pinball and I will keep buying.

PSN_Tokeio said:

February 26th, 7:32 am

Excited for today’s release, thanks Zen, keep ‘me coming :)

saskamazon said:

February 26th, 7:33 am

I will be anxiously awaiting the update today – can hardly wait to play the new pack – the vids for these tables look fantastic … & on the big screen in HD with a 3D tv – mind blowing ! on the Zen tables they have done a beautiful job of the 3D integration … I had to replace a tv after the holiday & decided to try out a 3D unit – primarily for the games that support it & I couldn’t be happier … with todays pack I will have 17 of the tables – want them all ! I use Zen as the game I show off when friends come over & want to check out the 3D tv …. the cross buy with the Vita is great … your studio is unsurpassed with creative, consistently engaging tables … I love the fact that they are so diverse … any ball oark notion on further tables releasing ? I know … patience is a virtue ! ;-)

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 7:35 am

Thank you! We have lots more in store for everyone this year – we’ll be working on 7 more Star Wars Pinball tables!

wtGp said:

February 26th, 7:43 am

Will you give us the option to buy these tables separately

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 7:47 am

Sorry, they’re stuck as a 3-table pack.

IIL0YDII said:

February 26th, 7:44 am

$9.99 LMAO

johnnyp70 said:

February 26th, 7:46 am

The store cannot update fast enough today! Bobby, thanks for coming here and keeping out appetites whetted.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 7:50 am

Anytime! I’m so excited for you all to finally play these tables!

RadioPS_LIVE said:

February 26th, 7:46 am

Really looking forward to these tables! But, my question is, How do you keep your cotton candy beard from getting old and stale?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 7:48 am

It grows pretty quickly so it’s not much of a concern :P

kimkim25 said:

February 26th, 7:49 am

when do the PSN stores in asia get it too?

saskamazon said:

February 26th, 7:51 am

wow, so a total of 10 Star Wars tables – which will offer endless possibilities in terms of the special effects – great news … I loved what you guys did with the Plants vs. Zombies table – any chance we’ll see other tables based on game franchises ? imagine how great it would be to have a Ratchet & Clank table with Nefarius as the boss baddie to be defeated … anyway, just a thought, as the game franchise tables also provide the nostalgia of the characters we’ve played & love … maybe Nathan Drake on a quest … count me in ! top notch tables … thanks guys – your work & inspired delivery are much appreciated.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 8:01 am

Maybe! The ideas for pinball crossovers are endless! :D

CodeSe7en said:

February 26th, 7:53 am

Wait a tic…. This game is in 3D?? Does that mean on a PS3/3D TV version or soon on 3DS version??

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 7:58 am

This is referring to the PS3 version – All Zen Pinball 2 tables can be played in 3D if you have a 3D TV :)

saskamazon said:

February 26th, 7:55 am

“$9.99 LMAO”

so this works out to $3.33 a table – available to you across 2 platforms – you find this expensive ?? this will date me a bit, but back in the day when arcades were the place to hang out with your friends on Saturday afternoon, it was quite routine to come in with a fresh roll of quarters ($10) & play until they were gone … so these packs are pretty darn cost effective in comparison … any pinball / Star Wars fan, will jump at this offering … I’m content with the tables being a pack …

Rabid_Shark said:

February 26th, 7:58 am

i am sure the tables will be more then excellent very much looking forward to them ;)

Shrewder said:

February 26th, 7:58 am

@#15: CodeSe7en. Yes! The PS3 version can be played in a 3-D mode and it is really nice.

AnoyoIkari said:

February 26th, 8:13 am

I’ve been waiting for these tables since they announced. Will be picking these up with hopefully a discounted Journey if it wins any of the PSN awards. Still, would have loved a Marvel Deadpool table even more though.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 8:36 am

Deadpool is awesome! For now though we just have one more Marvel table coming… Dr. Strange! :)

nolo451 said:

February 26th, 8:20 am

@ saskamazon,

I wouldn’t even bother giving that troll attention. If you are a pinball fan, this is more than worth it from all the time you will put into this. I may pick it up later on, but Star Wars+Pinball = fun.

TheRealBaumann said:

February 26th, 8:28 am

Okay, I’m totally going to buy this, but where’s Captain Rex?

detictiveconan said:

February 26th, 8:32 am

I really want to buy this and I have the cash in my wallet but I have so many other games to play right now I don’t think I can convince myself to buy it. If only there was a discount,even just a dollar I’d have to buy it.Maybe I’ll pick it up at the end of the month as part of Sony’s cash back promotion

FreelanceSam said:

February 26th, 8:33 am

saskamazon, it’s more like the guy doesn’t like pinball at all. Most people who don’t like pinball think that paying a ‘high price’ for a pinball game is just stupid. Just ignore him.

saskamazon said:

February 26th, 8:40 am

I’m just amazed that anyone would consider $10 for 3 tables too expensive – just had to comment. as you have unlimited access … I often load my Zen tables & play them, so have gotten more than my monies worth with them … I far prefer them in 3D on my big screen tv, but love how they look / play on the Vita …. great to have them everywhere – especially on trips … anyway, you guys are right – the dude is just trolling …. hope the update is sooner than later …. Boba Fett looks amazing … explosions across the table. gleeful. :-)

FreelanceSam said:

February 26th, 8:50 am

I’m gonna play Ep V table first ’cause that’s what I am familiar with. I never seen the cartoon nor do I have any interest in Boba Fett. However I think Clone Wars has the best layout, although that may not necessarily be the best table.

I’m happy Sony gave me $10 PSN credit. It’s just enough for PINBALL :3

I am sad to say that I am a much bigger fan of The Pinball Arcade, but I can’t pass up pinball with Star Wars themes!

AnoyoIkari said:

February 26th, 8:53 am

@Bobby Loertscher, thanks for the update. And also a very special thanks, for killing my dreams. Though your appreciation for the awesomeness of Deadpool cushions the blow very little; but just enough to let me know you care. Here’s an idea, commission tables on kick starter. If enough people agree on a table you make the fans happy and can hire some new unemployed talent to make them under the zen pinball umbrella. Bam..I’m a genius.

Jerry_Sizzla said:

February 26th, 8:56 am

Heres to hoping we wont have to wait till midnight for the store to update today.

FreelanceSam said:

February 26th, 8:57 am

@Jerry_Sizzla, don’t jinx it!!!!! :(

Reluctant-Hero said:

February 26th, 8:59 am

Excellent, I now know how to spend my $10 PSN loyalty credit!

saskamazon said:

February 26th, 9:03 am

I really enjoy pinball period – have the Williams & Gottlieb collections on disc … several of the Pinball Arcade tables – which sadly on the PS3 are so dark as to be almost unplayable … they’re better on my Vita & also have them on the ipad …. but the fanciful fun of the creatively imagined Zen tables are by far my fav. add that with the 3D on the big screen & it tips the scale … I’m not familar with Boba Fett either – but the table itself looks very intriguing … also interested to see the winners list & discounts coming …. great PSN week.

FreelanceSam said:

February 26th, 9:07 am

Funny, I don’t have any issues with the PS3 version of TPA.

I love pinball but I prefer actual pinball simulations which is why I largely gravitate towards TPA because they’re real pinball. Zen does mostly tables with stuff that doesn’t happen in real pinball so I don’t like it as much. I do have several of their tables though so I don’t -hate- it.

I have tons of pinball games on various systems. I love Farsight’s stuff so much that I have Williams on PSP, PS3 and 3DS, Gottlieb on PSP and TPA on Vita and PS3. The Pro Pinball series on PC (real pinball sims) are also one of the best pinball games ever.

FreelanceSam said:

February 26th, 9:12 am

Haha sorry for my pro FS speech.

I am happy Zen is doing stuff now that’s not Marvel. I am not a fan of superhero stuff so I’m looking forward to more SW tables.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 9:26 am

No worries! We love what they do! Their work is important for bringing real tables to life for people who might not ever get the chance to play them. What we do is vastly different, we focus on making original designs from scratch. I think both Farsight and our team here at Zen do great things for pinball. Now is an awesome time to be a pinball player, so many amazing tables coming to the PSN store, what more could you want? :D

snakeman07 said:

February 26th, 9:20 am

SWP, here we come!

Asatruar777 said:

February 26th, 9:32 am

Awesome. I have every table so far, and enjoy playing the vast majority of them still. Every day I set aside time to play pinball ONLY by Zen studios, and have been a huge fan since my first pack of tables. I’ll never stop buying them so long as they continue being created! Thanks for the continually awesome pinball experience!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 9:37 am

Wow! Thank you so much for your support!

Joe-TFW said:

February 26th, 9:32 am

Honestly cannot wait to get home from work and buy this. And will gladly buy all the Star Wars tables. Looking forward to see what else you guys have in store.

saskamazon said:

February 26th, 9:41 am

@FreelanceSam … I hear ya – many of the Pinball Arcade tables I have played in real life – which is cool. Gorgar was one in my local arcade & Black Hole … I’ll check my ingame settings to see if something is off with the brightness for the app. & I have since purchased a new HD TV … maybe it will be naturally brighter now … I know that Plasmas can be a bit darker – which my other tv is …. the new LED seems naturally more vivid & brighter … love the Star Trek table on ios …

FreelanceSam said:

February 26th, 9:42 am

Thank you for not biting my head off, dev! TPA and Zen Pinball appeals to two different types of people; people who want the real thing and people who want zany stuff in their pinball. There’s no reason why these two games can’t co-exist. It’s a win-win situation for all!

FreelanceSam said:

February 26th, 9:45 am

@saskamazon, sadly, I never went to arcades in the past so I missed out on all the pinball greats! The only time I got to play was around two years ago when the local theatre had some (all Stern). Playing the real thing is nothing like playing a virtual version! Sadly, that same theatre removed every single pin they had so now I have only virtual pinball to keep me going :(

Kevin_Starr said:

February 26th, 9:46 am

What time in CST zone will this be released? I have all tables and am a HUGE Star Wars fan!! CAN’T WAIT!!!!

jhaasl said:

February 26th, 9:48 am

I cannot wait to add these tables to my Vita Zen collection! By far my favorite Pinball series so far (sad to say I own the same tables on iOS and 3DS as well).

Thanks again for the great work!

Rez33 said:

February 26th, 9:54 am

Very excited for these tables in 3d! Thanks, Bobby, for the excellent post. Keep up the awesome work, Zen!

wargod135 said:

February 26th, 9:56 am

You guys at Zen Studios REALLY outdid yourselves. These Tables look AMAZING! I can’t wait to play Boba Fett and the Empire Strikes Back! Wonderful Work!

saab01 said:

February 26th, 9:59 am

For some reason I thought we were getting 4 tables. Its kinda steep at $3.33 a table we will see shortly how this works out.

saskamazon said:

February 26th, 10:04 am

Zen hasn’t put out too many tables for the 3DS – currently only 8 tables (I own both packs) … hopefully as more release, we’ll see them hit that platform as well. but with crossbuy & 3D for the big screen, PSN is my purchase preference …. :-)

djshadow28 said:

February 26th, 10:08 am

Ooooo Zen you make me happy today with this great release. I comming from Holland and i have a american accound from day one. Also i can play zen pinball 1 day earlier then the rest of europe. I can’t wait till the store is up to date. I have charged my PSvita and also i have my PS3 ready for the download.

Thx and i hope zen will make more and more great tables. I think it’s the best time to change from marvel to star wars. I have enough marvel tables hahahaha. It’s also the best 3D game i have played.
Keep up the good stuff.

Greetingz DJ Wille aka garretace250

FreelanceSam said:

February 26th, 10:12 am

I have Zen Pinball on 3DS but I never play it anymore, not when I have a Vita with a much bigger and nicer screen :D

JudmentShadow said:

February 26th, 10:13 am

Congradulations to Zen 2 and getting such a cool IP .
perhaps when you inevitably do the Disney tables , you will do
Finding Nemo
Cars
Little Mermaid
Incredibles
Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Disneyland/World theme tables

judemtnshadow PSVita /Ps3 owner

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

Bobby Loertscher said:

February 26th, 10:40 am

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll definitely pass these on to the team :)

FreelanceSam said:

February 26th, 10:13 am

Oh, and the fact there hasn’t been a single DLC released for it since. Still, the Vita sure has nice screens :D

Valde_zerocool said:

February 26th, 10:13 am

I Can’t wait for these, I’ve been looking forward to them since they were announced and with the new movie buzz It couldn’t come at a better time.

On a side note this is a perfect way of how playstation plus works to draw In new business, I didn’t care about pinball on consoles until I was given the free Marvel pack in 2011 if I recall and since then I have purchased about 7 tables and will get all the star wars ones for sure. Keep up the good work.

FreelanceSam said:

February 26th, 10:14 am

@ JudmentShadow , I’d rather they make an Indy table :D :D

Besides, Zen only has the license to LA, not Disney stuff. I know Disney owns LA now, but the license doesn’t include the Disney brand.

PAGE 1 2