No Man's Sky

IGN’s Top 25 PSN Games of All Time

Greg Miller's Avatar + Posted by Greg Miller on Feb 28, 2013 // Executive Editor, IGN

Holy crap, I’m posting on the PlayStation.Blog. I’ve been reading this thing for years and saying “Shut up, Jeff and Sid; I can write that better than you!” And here I am. I’ve made it. Beyond.

Anyway, IGN.com is this website I work for, and it’s the Internet’s No. 1 source for video game news, previews, reviews and videos. My Podcast Beyond cohost Colin Moriarty and I sat down not too long ago, and hashed out the 25 PSN games we’d recommend to folks with a PS3. Gameplay, graphics, story – it all factored in here. But there’s something different about this iteration of the list.

Namely: this is the last year we’re going to make it.

We’re not done covering PlayStation Network, we’re not saying nothing’s coming out this year – we’re saying that PSN games are so good that there’s no point in treating them differently. There’s no point in not letting them compete with the biggest boxed games. Journey was IGN’s 2012 Game of the Year; clearly, these titles are good enough to just be considered “PlayStation 3 games.” Plus, it goes the other way; PS3 games are available digitally now on PSN, so what’s the point in differentiating? Great games are great games.

So, this list is it. The best PSN games you can possibly buy. Did your favorites make the cut? Click on over, read the article, and leave an insightful comment. If you do, you’re entered to win a PSN voucher code that will get you all 25 games. That’s right: go comment on the IGN article and you have a chance at walking away with all 25 PSN games.

I am also told that leaving a comment on this here PlayStation.Blog post before 11:59pm Pacific Time tonight will enter you in a random drawing to score the same 25 PSN games. Not bad, right? The giveaway has ended and the winner has been contacted!

Beyond!

PAGE 1 10 11 12

+ Mr-Icecorn2 on March 1st, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

im BEYOND! the JOURNEY

+ ForestFire93 on March 1st, 2013 at 5:25 pm said:

BEYOND!

+ Sinner_29 on March 1st, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

LOL and people say ps plus aint worth the money because you dont own the game forever or they dont give us anything good but i got 3/4 of those games for free or discounted because of plus. I not a plus member at the moment bc my plus run out 2 weeks ago. But i am buying a year membership sunday bcause it is worth it and it helps that sony gove $10 when they announced the ps4 and now thet r giving my $10 for every $50 i spend. I am going to spend over $100 sunday when i buy a year membership n get 3 months free plus they discounts they have this week. And its only the 1st week of spend $50 n get back $10! But think more of the tale tell games should b on the list plus STACKING its a great game too! If you havent played it you should give a try it was free to plus member day1!!!!!!!!! PLUS IS WORTH EVERY PENNY MY BACKLOG IS FULL TILL WAY AFTER PS4!!!!!!!!! Just wish i didnt work 60 hrs a week so i could catch up plus with games that r coming out dam one day ill catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLAYSTATION FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ OneBadWood on March 1st, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

Great article. I wanna win!

+ woz3323 on March 1st, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

PixelJunk Monsters is still the best after all these years!

+ ericksv on March 1st, 2013 at 7:57 pm said:

I played Journey from start to finish in one seating… even though it was short it was a great experience… beyond!

+ batbugz on March 1st, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

Holy cow. Listening to the Uncharted theme played by the London Philharmonic Orchestra reading a Greg Miller post on Playstation Blog? Epic.

+ Chrisbio on March 1st, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

So many awesome games, Journey – GO!

+ dragonballuc on March 1st, 2013 at 10:06 pm said:

As I live and breathe! If it isn’t Greg Millar….BEYOND to you!

+ Joel255 on March 2nd, 2013 at 2:55 am said:

7. Tokyo Jungle
6. Infamous: Festival of Blood
5. Wipeout HD/Fury
4. Journey
3. Flower
2. Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars
1. GREG MILLER AND BEYOND!

I think this list is great, I would love to play the games I haven’t been able to try yet. :)

+ Camba-ar on March 2nd, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

BEYOND!

+ cjmc18 on March 3rd, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Too late but….. BEYOND!!!!!!!!

+ LokiLullaby on March 3rd, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

Greg! I have 3 Comments and/or questions!

1. Tokyo Jungle! Wish it had been ranked higher, I’ve poured more hours into that then most RPG’s I’ve played (with the exception of Persona 3 and 4, and Final Fantasy X, because Blitzball rules.)

2. Castle Crashers! I heard rumors of a sequel forever ago. Any news on that front?

3. Is it any coincidence that most of these games have been free at one point or another on PS+?

4. BONUS! I see Persona 3: FES is not on here. Does that mean that a.) Persona 3: FES wasn’t good enough, or b.) That PS2/PS1 classics didn’t count?

+ Apeman24 on March 4th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

Greg and Colin, you guys rock… BEYOND!

PAGE 1 10 11 12