Far Cry 4

IGN’s Top 25 PSN Games of All Time

Greg Miller's Avatar + Posted by Greg Miller on Feb 28, 2013 // Executive Editor, IGN

Holy crap, I’m posting on the PlayStation.Blog. I’ve been reading this thing for years and saying “Shut up, Jeff and Sid; I can write that better than you!” And here I am. I’ve made it. Beyond.

Anyway, IGN.com is this website I work for, and it’s the Internet’s No. 1 source for video game news, previews, reviews and videos. My Podcast Beyond cohost Colin Moriarty and I sat down not too long ago, and hashed out the 25 PSN games we’d recommend to folks with a PS3. Gameplay, graphics, story – it all factored in here. But there’s something different about this iteration of the list.

Namely: this is the last year we’re going to make it.

We’re not done covering PlayStation Network, we’re not saying nothing’s coming out this year – we’re saying that PSN games are so good that there’s no point in treating them differently. There’s no point in not letting them compete with the biggest boxed games. Journey was IGN’s 2012 Game of the Year; clearly, these titles are good enough to just be considered “PlayStation 3 games.” Plus, it goes the other way; PS3 games are available digitally now on PSN, so what’s the point in differentiating? Great games are great games.

So, this list is it. The best PSN games you can possibly buy. Did your favorites make the cut? Click on over, read the article, and leave an insightful comment. If you do, you’re entered to win a PSN voucher code that will get you all 25 games. That’s right: go comment on the IGN article and you have a chance at walking away with all 25 PSN games.

I am also told that leaving a comment on this here PlayStation.Blog post before 11:59pm Pacific Time tonight will enter you in a random drawing to score the same 25 PSN games. Not bad, right? The giveaway has ended and the winner has been contacted!

Beyond!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 12

+ BladeFire92 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

GREG YOURE AWESOME. LOVE YA

+ bigjosh50 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

GREAT LIST IGN!!! Your list has nailed what I think should be in the top 25 but I think there’s one missing: Infamous: Festival of Blood. but other than that GREAT LIST :)

+ TesseractE on February 28th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Totally a PSN junkie. My ‘Download List’ is mighty. I’d love to beef it up even more with some free swag. ^^d

+ uncleniccius on February 28th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Great list Greg!
Beyond!

+ Inferno7453 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

JOURNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best PSN exclusive EVER!!!

+ rafasf on February 28th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

I’d be BEYOND happy to get those codes! :D

+ anti-altair16 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

GAMESSSZZZ! I’m very happy The Unfinished Swan made the list and number 3 to boot! I loved that game!

+ gold5225 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Who wouldn’t want to win a voucher with the top 25 PSN games..BEYOND!

+ totsboy on February 28th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Your dog is the best, man!

+ I_PARTY420 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

This list is legit.

+ yayo_75 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

Congrats Greg, its great to see you and Colin getting some recognition in this blog, as a long time IGN fan I have follow a lot of your recommendations for when I buy games (including reviews and top lists), hope more ps3 fans appreciate your efforts.

The only “PSN” Games i have bought are journey and the unfinished swan, and tha’s because of you guys, with all the triple A games there’s not enough time to play all the indie games, but i hope I could pick more from this list

keep the good work

Beyond!

Greg Miller's Avatar

+ Greg Miller on February 28th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Get cracking — you have a lot to play!

+ johnnyp70 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

It took an AMAZING game to knock of Shatter, but Journey clearly is #1. I’m sure Colin has mixed emotions on that event.

+ big_e559 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

“If you didn’t play Costume Quest, go to hell!” classic Greg Miller

+ Foxxtrot05 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

Beyond! Beyond. Beyond?

+ NoddingPenguin on February 28th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

I’m glad “PSN games” and retail games are starting to be seen in the same light. Games are games. Games are awesome. BEYOND!

+ TubaDude49 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

+ yoko379 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

I really like your lists, Greg and Colin. Honestly, the hate you guys get for creating lists on games you hope gamers like us just check out is unbelievable. Even if I don’t agree on a game, I can always say I’m really glad you made the list because I discover a new game each time with them. Keep up the awesome work, sad to hear this will be the last list, but it was a good one! :) Beyond!

+ WhirlingMonk on February 28th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

The Almighty greg miller on ps blog? AWESOME. BEYOND! Love the list, no surprise journey was on top. Hope i get to meet you and colin one day. Huge fan.

+ darkrpg1 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

6)Flower
5) Pacman champ edition
4) Superstar dust hd
3)The unfinshed swan
2)Shatter
1) journey

List for the people that don’t wanna watch video, Personally I only liked megaman 9, The walking dead, and flower.

+ paymon11980 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

Greg and Colin always creates a perfect top PlayStation games list I never had a disagreement with any of your choices and it always helped decide what my future games would be all I have to say is never underestimate the power of PlayStation BEYOND!!!

+ BanzaiHeil on February 28th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

To Infinity, and ______!

+ dpk5e7 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

Hey Greg!

M-I-Z-

Greg Miller's Avatar

+ Greg Miller on February 28th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Z-O-U!

+ grr8008 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

I feel magical. May the mana of psn continue to live in us all….

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Complete and utter nonsense! Hurray?

+ wenger56 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

Overall, great list! After accumulating over 100 PSN titles I noticed 7 even I don’t own. I do have a few suggestions to add….but I won’t.

+ BaLLooN_BaBooN on February 28th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

I’m happy to see Journey in the #1 spot. After reading Powerhouse’s review I had to go try it for myself. Whoever is lucky enough to win all of these games is in for a real treat! BEYOND

+ bigkahuna43 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

Great list Colin and Greg. My top PSN game has to be Castle Crashers, since I found that it was really refreshing to play with its hybrid of beat-em’ up and RPG. BEYOND!!!!

+ Rick1220 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Hooray PlayStation!!!!

+ xFillet0FisH on February 28th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Beyond!!!

+ sandman_inc on February 28th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Greg add me on PSN @ sandman_inc Plz. Beyond!

+ proskatercam on February 28th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Thanks, Greggy <3

You ready for Lego Marvel Superheroes?

+ paymon11980 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Also add me on PSN Greg and Colin you guys would complete my PlayStation experience ID paymon11980 BEYOND!

+ XDUCKETTX on February 28th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

Hey cool crossover article. Always enjoy reading these type of lists to see what games I might have missed out on. All of the PSN sales that have been occurring lately have been inundating me with a large backlog of quality games to play in the future. BEYOND!

+ createdlove on February 28th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

Great List.
Beyond!

+ zarnold56 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Love the podcast

Beyond!

+ XtemmA2 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Next time, make it top 50. :D
Please give me the code, i badly need to pre-order PS4. So much sale this week, i’ve lost count the X on my $0.XX SEN wallet.

+ Trick_2092 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

BEYOND!!!

It’s awesome to see Greg Miller on the PlayStation Blog!

+ schmidt22 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Pretty good looking list of games i probably should’ve played.

+ thrillwell on February 28th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Always wanted to talk to Greg cause our list of things keeps growing!

My name is also Greg
also a gamer
but most importantly, we both whooped cancer
I’m about 3 and a half years cancer free, feels good

BEYOND!

Greg Miller's Avatar

+ Greg Miller on February 28th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

::fistpound::

+ BelthazarUSA on February 28th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Congrats Greg! Big step in your carreer, and of course a dream come true to post on playstation blog. BEYOND!

+ stabbybizzle on February 28th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Amy? lolnope

+ KwietStorm on February 28th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

If we don’t get a Greg Miller avatar, I’m resigning from PSN.

+ Vhammoss on February 28th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

Might and magic, joe danger?
Beyond!!!

+ JayBizzle311 on February 28th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

Nice to see Tokyo Jungle, Unfinished Swan, Dead Nation, Journey, Flower. Those are quality games. Suprised at some of the rankings and that Flow wasn’t on the list. Some of them I have in my download list like Rochard.

Either way PSN has tons going of stuff to offer. Good list.

+ Gooddaysfall on February 28th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

This is just BEYOND exciting Greg!

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 28th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

Who doesn’t love a chance to win free stuff? Thanks guy!

+ Phil-En-Arrh on February 28th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

Calling all cars? BEYOND!!!!

+ NauseousPenguin on February 28th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

I’ve been wanting to play Journey, but I could never get around to buying it. Perhaps, if I’m lucky, I might finally get to try it!

+ BlueBl1zzard on February 28th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said: